Author Topic: So, where are the color sketches hiding?  (Read 55186 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: where are the color sketches hiding? Ono
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2010, 05:24:53 PM »
Here's the Ono Sketch for the database.
That's sweet, you suck!!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2010, 05:37:20 PM »
Here's the Ono Sketch for the database.
That is awesome!  And I love the needle and droplet out in the border - gives it depth!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2010, 11:12:09 PM »
That is awesome!  And I love the needle and droplet out in the border - gives it depth!

Yeah, it's funny, scarey and beautiful at the same time !
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline jeffcaff

Re: So, where are the color sketches hiding?
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2010, 06:26:15 AM »
I still have it.  I will probably sell it sometime in May. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2010, 02:54:24 PM »
Any other new sketches show up that anyone is aware of? I only know of Qreep in the last week or so. There is probably at least half that hasn't been accounted for. Topps shows they are down to about 250 boxes. I don't know if that is all the boxes they have or not.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2010, 03:36:05 PM »
Any other new sketches show up that anyone is aware of? I only know of Qreep in the last week or so. There is probably at least half that hasn't been accounted for. Topps shows they are down to about 250 boxes. I don't know if that is all the boxes they have or not.

I believe that is what is left of the boxes (give or take a few they may be holding back for the show or what not).

Keep in mind concerning the color sketch cards that there were a ton of non-forum members that also bought boxes and may have just got them and put them into a binder never to be accounted for here. Between here and people selling them on Ebay should account for less than half I would think.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2010, 03:40:59 PM »
I believe that is what is left of the boxes (give or take a few they may be holding back for the show or what not).

Keep in mind concerning the color sketch cards that there were a ton of non-forum members that also bought boxes and may have just got them and put them into a binder never to be accounted for here. Between here and people selling them on Ebay should account for less than half I would think.

I was hoping we could identify more. I was hoping more would turn up on ebay. I think only about 5 or so have been on ebay. That is a very small number.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »
I keep forgetting to ask about the final numbers for each sketch character. Sorry about that. Mike will be at the show. If I forget by Thursday I will ask him there.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2010, 04:48:31 PM »
I keep forgetting to ask about the final numbers for each sketch character. Sorry about that. Mike will be at the show. If I forget by Thursday I will ask him there.
You might want to stop reminding yourself to forget,what can brown do for me ? Well their truck could break down!!
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2010, 06:30:51 PM »

We definitely would still like to see the #'s at some point.  We still have the Dr Ono & Paste Kid mystery to solve!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2010, 08:05:32 AM »
I was really surprised to see this go so high. It's just another variation of the beanie hat nit wit. I really wanted it also but didn't put in a big enough snipe:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-Old-School-Jay-Lynch-Sketch-Card-/150436580167

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2010, 09:51:31 AM »
I was really surprised to see this go so high. It's just another variation of the beanie hat nit wit. I really wanted it also but didn't put in a big enough snipe:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-Old-School-Jay-Lynch-Sketch-Card-/150436580167
Wow, maybe I should put up my beanie half-wit guy with no body - it's definitely different.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2010, 11:35:04 AM »
Maybe list it with a starting bid of $500 with a buy it now for $550? That's what I would do.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #118 on: April 28, 2010, 02:49:20 PM »
Maybe list it with a starting bid of $500 with a buy it now for $550? That's what I would do.
Naw, list it for $799 buy it now and take offers.  Then screw ebay by accepting offers privately.  I do it all the time.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2010, 03:28:53 PM »
Naw, list it for $799 buy it now and take offers.  Then screw ebay by accepting offers privately.  I do it all the time.

The problem is Leslie would buy it from her but since she just got burned I don't think she will do a transaction out of ebay unless it's from someone she has conducted business with in the past.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2010, 04:25:39 PM »
The problem is Leslie would buy it from her but since she just got burned I don't think she will do a transaction out of ebay unless it's from someone she has conducted business with in the past.

I wouldn't blame her.  I've exchanged emails with her in the past and she seems very friendly.  Have you invited her onto the forum? 

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2010, 04:46:02 PM »

I can't figure out who the underbidder is and I usually can on Wacky items. Makes me wonder if it wasn't some sort of a shill? The high price is very surprising. Whoever he/she is, this is the only Wacky item they've bid on in the last 30 days, and I couldn't locate their feedback on any high profile Wacky sellers feedback pages.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2010, 06:08:23 PM »
Quote from: Dr Popper

I wouldn't blame her.  I've exchanged emails with her in the past and she seems very friendly.  Have you invited her onto the forum? 
I have invited her to the forum and showed her the thread on the thief, but she isn't too computer savvy so she hasn't signed up yet. I told her to just become a member and she doesn't have to post until she is ready but I doubt she will partake.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2010, 06:01:11 PM »
I can't believe it, look what I pulled this afternoon!!

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2010, 06:13:35 PM »

Holy Crap!!  That is cool!  How many color sketches is that for you now?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2010, 06:14:35 PM »
Holy Crap!!  That is cool!  How many color sketches is that for you now?
That's two, which is two more than I expected.  And "Holy Crap" was pretty much what I said when I found it!!  I'm still all excited.....
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 06:18:42 PM by RawGoo »

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2010, 06:19:54 PM »
It's beautiful, nice score!  ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 06:22:06 PM by View Monster »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2010, 06:42:26 PM »
That's two, which is two more than I expected.  And "Holy Crap" was pretty much what I said when I found it!!  I'm still all excited.....

THAT's FANTASTIC, PAT! I'm really happy for you!!! Now if you pulled a color koduck, I'd be really jealous! Just kidding - GREAT SCORE!!!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2010, 06:46:33 PM »
That is fantastic -- great way to roll into the Philly Show!!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2010, 07:25:31 PM »
congrats!!!
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2010, 08:19:31 AM »

Congrats! That's first one we have seen since your last pull. Nothing on ebay either.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2010, 08:27:53 AM »
Congrats! That's first one we have seen since your last pull. Nothing on ebay either.
So how many color JL sketches have surfaced so far?
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2010, 01:45:50 PM »
Leslie just emailed me to let me know she pulled a colored fishbone guy.

I knew my timing was awful when I sold my Batz sketch on ebay and it only got up to $129. I think it was just a bad day for sketches. Again the theory that all other auctions pull in more money then mine  >(

http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-OLD-SCHOOL-VAMPIRE-BAT-B-W-SKETCH-CARD-/160429469344

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #133 on: May 03, 2010, 03:59:07 PM »

I knew my timing was awful when I sold my Batz sketch on ebay and it only got up to $129. I think it was just a bad day for sketches. Again the theory that all other auctions pull in more money then mine  >(

http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-OLD-SCHOOL-VAMPIRE-BAT-B-W-SKETCH-CARD-/160429469344

That sucks Brad. It's always hard to time these things. Like blindfolded on a rollercoaster, you can feel the peak coming, but it's hard to say if your on it or not.  :^)
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2010, 01:49:52 PM »
Been pretty quite with the colors lately. I think I am just about done buying OLDS (can't fully commit yet ;))
Nothing has surfaced. I know of 2 collectors that have about 80 boxes coming in combined but that's all I know. Anything?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2010, 05:30:19 PM »

Nope, another sold this week for only around $140.  The only ones to sell very highly are high buy it nows being purchased by hyper folks who can't wait.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #136 on: May 13, 2010, 03:27:11 PM »
I again feel your premise that the colored sketches will randomly and suddenly DROP in value seems to not have a basis.

How about this auction for a basis:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-COLOR-Sketch-Card-LIFESAVERS-Jay-Lynch-/370368480351

Why hasn't this been snatched for $300? It's a wacky original. There were only 55 made and each one different. If this was old school it would have sold for $1000+ by now. Why won't this one sell?

I think once the craze fades the colors may fall a bit in price. It's all speculation.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #137 on: May 13, 2010, 04:38:50 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-COLOR-Sketch-Card-LIFESAVERS-Jay-Lynch-/370368480351

Why hasn't this been snatched for $300? It's a wacky original. There were only 55 made and each one different. If this was old school it would have sold for $1000+ by now. Why won't this one sell?

I think once the craze fades the colors may fall a bit in price. It's all speculation.
I saw that also and wondered the same thing...BTW That was the same seller I got the "Wacky Hackers" (Jay Lynch) 8x11 Sketch for $59! That is a very nice "color sketch" and it is the only 1 of that title by the same artist, it makes absoloutly no sense to me at all??? :^)
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline bandaches

« Reply #138 on: May 13, 2010, 08:39:46 PM »

What is this?  Was it distrubuted with a set or created as a random "one-off" set?  I think the latter and it appears people are more interested in product that was actually distributed by Topps associated with a set.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #139 on: May 13, 2010, 08:53:16 PM »
What is this?  Was it distrubuted with a set or created as a random "one-off" set?  I think the latter and it appears people are more interested in product that was actually distributed by Topps associated with a set.

It was done as a one off set a coupe years ago. If the colored sketch cards are so popular why not take advantage this gem? I haven't jumped at it either. I can't tell you why but it is as nice as ant OLDS sketch.