Author Topic: Looking for "real-life" product images  (Read 9377 times)

Offline Swiski

Looking for "real-life" product images
« on: March 07, 2012, 03:27:27 PM »
One of the things I like to do is track down images of the exact "real-life" packaging that was spoofed in Wacky Packages. Some of the earliest products from the vintage era are very hard to track down! I combed Flickr, eBay and a host of other websites, but come up empty handed. Most of the more well-known products are easier to find. I finally found a somewhat decent image of the 1967-1968 Laddie Boy can (Maddie Boy) from the original die-cuts set. If anyone has other rare images of "real-life" packaging they would like to share, please post them here. Thanks! For those interested, here's the Laddie Boy can image I found...

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: Looking for "real-life" product images
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 03:41:01 PM »
One of the things I like to do is track down images of the exact "real-life" packaging that was spoofed in Wacky Packages. Some of the earliest products from the vintage era are very hard to track down! I combed Flickr, eBay and a host of other websites, but come up empty handed. Most of the more well-known products are easier to find. I finally found a somewhat decent image of the 1967-1968 Laddie Boy can (Maddie Boy) from the original die-cuts set. If anyone has other rare images of "real-life" packaging they would like to share, please post them here. Thanks! For those interested, here's the Laddie Boy can image I found...

there are a ton on my website

http://www.wackypackage.com/Wacky%20Packs/HTML%20Stuff/project.html
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator

Offline Swiski

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 03:46:58 PM »
Thanks! Some good images on your website. I referred to lostwackys.com for some images as well.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 10:07:30 PM »
There's also a fairly robust existing thread on the forum, on this topic:

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=163.0
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Swiski

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 05:27:58 AM »
There's also a fairly robust existing thread on the forum, on this topic:

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=163.0

Thanks! I knew there had to be a thread on this subject already. Hopefully this will re-invigorate the topic. I think you have the largest collection of vintage packaging.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 10:29:23 AM »

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 01:12:56 PM »
Greg also has a section:

http://www.wackypackages.org/stickers/real_products.html

There was also a big big thread on this, that I had contributed a bunch to, on Greg's old forum.  Guess I need to start going through it all again to post here.  If anyone can find the old Wacky Forum thread for Original Product images... Please post a link to it here.  Or on the other product images thread.

I started a weekly column of CollectingCandy.com dedicated to matching Wackys to the original packaging pieces I have in my collection - so its a topic I care about and think has a value.  Context is important.  :-)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:15:24 PM by JasonLiebig »
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Swiski

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 02:18:45 PM »
There was also a big big thread on this, that I had contributed a bunch to, on Greg's old forum.  Guess I need to start going through it all again to post here.  If anyone can find the old Wacky Forum thread for Original Product images... Please post a link to it here.  Or on the other product images thread.

I started a weekly column of CollectingCandy.com dedicated to matching Wackys to the original packaging pieces I have in my collection - so its a topic I care about and think has a value.  Context is important.  :-)

I think Greg abandoned this project on his website. If there are any images you are looking for, let me know, Jason. Otherwise I hope we can revive your thread for posting rare product images. I would like to find a better Laddie Boy can (maybe in color), Mott's Apple Juice, Broadcast Corned Beef Hash and more.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 05:54:30 AM »
Looking to see if anyone has images of vintage products of products used for Wacky Packages. This thread has been inactive for a while. Thanks! See my recent post for what I'm looking for.

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 09:01:45 AM »
Pretty cool how the little guy is sticking his head out of the real chicklet gum pack. I didn't know they came in the real pack as well

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 10:41:05 AM »
Just looked and both Greg and Ernie have the wrong bottle reference for 6-Up.  Th correct one says 7 Fluid Ounces under the upper Logo which is red.  I have a pic somewhere and I'll see if I can dig it up.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 07:46:25 PM »
Ernie,I saw your Wacky/real thing list and it was great! Only one thing wrong with it-Bam doesn't show up on my computer,while everything else did. Maybe there's a glitch in the works. If so, you might want to check it out.

anything