Author Topic: Old School Uncut Sheets Available  (Read 9072 times)

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
Old School Uncut Sheets Available
« on: March 31, 2010, 12:50:02 PM »
Just got word that uncut sheets are up at the store. Way cheaper than what I was expecting. They are $49.95 with limited time free shipping as well. Limited to 250.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
Re: Old School Uncut Sheets Available
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 12:52:19 PM »
Just got word that uncut sheets are up at the store. Way cheaper than what I was expecting. They are $49.95 with limited time free shipping as well. Limited to 250.
Thanks for the "heads up" Dave :o
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 01:22:07 PM »
Dave.......thanks for the heads up about the uncut sheets I just ordered one,how is OLDS 2 going.
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 02:31:46 PM »
An old school uncut sheet will make a very nice addition to the collection. I'm glad I was able to have my order confirmed and wasn't too late. Lets hope Topps can get it out tomorrow.

Edit: Was I suppose to type in a certain code in order to get free shipping because I was docked $8.XX for shipping.

Edit #2: Perhaps if I didn't speed through the checkout process I would have noticed the code. As I sol or can I contact someoen and get my shipping refunded?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 02:35:05 PM by FourRoses »

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 02:59:40 PM »
Hopefully Topps will do a better job of packaging the uncut sheets than they did with the posters.  I've gotten 2 batches of the posters and both were damaged badly.  I sent 1 of them back yesterday for replacement as they said I had to send it back to get replacements.  We'll see.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 04:30:30 PM »
I ordered 2 uncut sheets and the free shipping code did not work for me not matter where I tried to enter it - besides that, it said that it was an invalid code and wouldn't let me advance on my order any further until I went back and continued without putting the code in. Refreshing the page did not help at all either. I almost cancelled my order because of this taking up too much time, because at that time I was placing the order I had to leave the house to return to work and didn't want to mess around. I also did not want to miss out either so I just went ahead and placed it with the shipping charge on it. I did contact Topps via e-mail about this, I'm sure they make good. I just hope they do not get beat up during shipping like the posters.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 05:45:07 PM »
I ordered 2 uncut sheets and the free shipping code did not work for me not matter where I tried to enter it - besides that, it said that it was an invalid code and wouldn't let me advance on my order any further until I went back and continued without putting the code in. Refreshing the page did not help at all either. I almost cancelled my order because of this taking up too much time, because at that time I was placing the order I had to leave the house to return to work and didn't want to mess around. I also did not want to miss out either so I just went ahead and placed it with the shipping charge on it. I did contact Topps via e-mail about this, I'm sure they make good. I just hope they do not get beat up during shipping like the posters.

It worked fine for me just over an hour ago. I even added a box of Old School to my order and still got free shipping.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 06:11:48 PM »
I've won/bought a few uncut sheets from thetoppsvault before and they always seemed to do a great job with packing. Being this sheet is rather small, I'd expect it to arrive unmolested.

Offline Kook

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 08:17:54 AM »

Any idea how long the free shipping will last?

Offline Kook

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 08:19:35 AM »
It worked fine for me just over an hour ago. I even added a box of Old School to my order and still got free shipping.

Yes,
I found that the code works for old school boxes as well.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 01:37:47 PM »
Hopefully Topps will do a better job of packaging the uncut sheets than they did with the posters.  I've gotten 2 batches of the posters and both were damaged badly.  I sent 1 of them back yesterday for replacement as they said I had to send it back to get replacements.  We'll see.
Great news - Topps is shipping these sheets packaged flat!  My package arrived about a half hour ago, via UPS, in perfect condition.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 02:20:18 PM »
Great news - Topps is shipping these sheets packaged flat!  My package arrived about a half hour ago, via UPS, in perfect condition.
That's good to know! :^)
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 03:34:49 PM »
The UPS depot is 5 minutes away yet I just got my package now some 10+ hrs after it left the building. The sheet came packed (like all of the other sheets I've gotten) flat in a heavy wall type package. I'm pleased with the sheet even though the top left corner is creased but I guess I can overlook that small flaw. The dimensions are just right for displaying this sheet.

For whatever reason I am surprised to see a numbered hologram sticker on the sheet like the ebay auction items.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 06:17:59 PM »

Mine arrived by UPS in 2 days and OMG I didn't know that they made a HUGE card holder like that !!

The sheets came inbetween 2 very thick pieces of cardboard inside of a Huge plastice holder. Both of mine had about 3/4 of an inch crease on a bottom corner. When I carefully opened and separated the 2 pieces of cardboard to get inside, I noticed that the sheets had slid out of the holder about a full 3 to 4 inches at the top of the Huge toploader although this did not cause any damage to them, the crease was at the bottom that was in the holder, kinda bummed about that, but the sheets are very cool and although the free shipping code did not work for me during the checkout, Topps refunded it and responded very quickly to my customer service e-mail.  ;D

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 07:23:01 PM »
That holder is a pee wee compared to others they use with the large sheets.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 09:05:22 AM »
Uncut sheets of the BC Cola promo are now available on Topps Online Store.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 09:19:45 AM »
If memory serves me right, these hit ebay a while ago although I don't recall the seller having priced them under $20.00.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 10:35:21 AM »
If memory serves me right, these hit ebay a while ago although I don't recall the seller having priced them under $20.00.
Topps sold these at the previous non-sport show and then buyers started trying to flip them on ebay.  I don't recall what Topps was charging at the last show but I passed on buying any.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 04:30:01 PM »
Gotta hand it to them, they really are continuously coming out with Wacky Stuff lately. Pretty Cool, even if it is for limited times.  ^-^

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 05:20:32 PM »
Mine arrived by UPS in 2 days and OMG I didn't know that they made a HUGE card holder like that !!

That's cool that they came flat and in card holders, though I'm sorry yours got dinged.  I haven't ordered one due to space limitations mostly.  I also, like most, have limited financial resources and, though $50 is very reasonable, I figured I'd have to frame it if I bought one.   Do you think the uncut sheets could be nicely displayed in the card holder without looking too "cheap"?

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 05:39:00 PM »
I have a uncut ANS2 clear cling sheet that is on the wall in the holder in which it was shipped. Why spend a ridiculous amount on a frame when it already has one.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 07:42:25 PM »
That's cool that they came flat and in card holders, though I'm sorry yours got dinged.  I haven't ordered one due to space limitations mostly.  I also, like most, have limited financial resources and, though $50 is very reasonable, I figured I'd have to frame it if I bought one.   Do you think the uncut sheets could be nicely displayed in the card holder without looking too "cheap"?
The toploader case is still really flexible and not real rigid due to it's sheer size. The uncut sheet does not take up the whole case either, there is room left over.  I think it could be displayed that way but you'd have to be careful to attach it to the wall along the top so that it does not bend anywhere on you. Maybe you could make some sort of framing along the edges of the case for a better look?

Ideally, I am going to frame one and inside the frame I will cover up/crop out the factory machine markings for color coding and cutting along the edges by using a matting material. This way, the only thing showing will be the card set and it will be really cool to see the whole series at one shot.

By the way, it's not as big as the sketch or series poster are. It measures approx 20 inches across by 21 inches high. I rounded off to the nearest inch.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 03:29:31 AM »
Ideally, I am going to frame one and inside the frame I will cover up/crop out the factory machine markings for color coding and cutting along the edges by using a matting material. This way, the only thing showing will be the card set and it will be really cool to see the whole series at one shot.

I'd like to do something similar.  I was also thinking that a logo sticker might look good in the empty space at the bottom right corner.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 05:50:22 AM »
Good idea. Sounds like your itchin' to stick it. That place makes the most sense. Although, you might want to stick it onto the frame glass/plastic cover so you don't possible ruin the future value (just in case). Ya know.

anything