Author Topic: THE GOLDEN TICKET  (Read 7119 times)

Offline chickenfat2010

THE GOLDEN TICKET
« on: February 23, 2012, 10:52:14 AM »
Well, I got a golden ticket.

Whaddyathink?! Should I risk mailing this sucker for a piece of rough art or should I keep the card itself as a unique wacky collectible and eschew the rough artwork?!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: THE GOLDEN TICKET
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 10:54:32 AM »

Whaddyathink?! Should I risk mailing this sucker for a piece of rough art or should I keep the card itself as a unique wacky collectible and eschew the rough artwork?!

Send it in for the art and ask them if you can keep the card as well as memorabilia!

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 11:06:48 AM »

What, no tour of the Topps factory with a deranged but loveable Topps exec?!?!

wwwwd - what would willy wonka do
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 11:10:29 AM »

What, no tour of the Topps factory with a deranged but loveable Topps exec?!?!

wwwwd - what would willy wonka do
I don't want to sound ungrateful but I wish it had been for a piece of original final art!

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 11:13:03 AM »

PS I pulled this card in a sketch card envelope and it was there by itself, with no other sketch card. No need to tear into the actual Old School 3 packs in search of a golden ticket, folks!

Taz

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 11:15:58 AM »
I don't want to sound ungrateful but I wish it had been for a piece of original final art!

Well, if you wish you could always send it to me and I would be grateful :great:

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 03:43:31 PM »
Send it in for the art and ask them if you can keep the card as well as memorabilia!

Very often, card companies will send back the redemption card with a 'Redeemed' stamp on it, or a hole punched through it.  Doesn't hurt to ask!

Offline Liquidfox

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 03:44:39 PM »
I'd keep the ticket unless they said they would give it back to you after redemption. A rough isn't really all that great. As someone else said, this should be for a final.

Offline weirdo1

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 04:27:32 PM »

I posted on the sketch spoiler thread also.

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »

I posted on the sketch spoiler thread also.
You know what, I'm keeping the card. It's gold bordered so does it count as a wacky gold (just kidding)! I love this series and it's becoming clear that it is a HAVEN for collecting cool sketch cards. I've gotten three combos and one color so far (besides the golden ticket) and there are very few duds in the mix!

Stay Wacky, Chicken Fat

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 04:58:45 AM »
You know what, I'm keeping the card. It's gold bordered so does it count as a wacky gold (just kidding)! I love this series and it's becoming clear that it is a HAVEN for collecting cool sketch cards. I've gotten three combos and one color so far (besides the golden ticket) and there are very few duds in the mix!

Stay Wacky, Chicken Fat

Did you call Topps and ask if they would return the card, either stamped or punched?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 08:40:16 AM »

Stay Wacky, Chicken Fat

I don't think you're following through with it far enough.  You should be able to have both the rough art and the redemption card, and if you're not interested in the rough art I'm sure you can sell it, and you would be surprised what you might get for it.  People pay good money for rough art!  

Offline Swiski

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 09:12:09 AM »
Someone needs to post a video clip of Charlie and his uncle dancing after finding the final Wonka golden ticket.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 01:10:10 PM »
I think the finder should give a full recap of the experience of pulling a golden ticket.
Did you experience Nirvana at the moment you found it?  Is your life better now that
you possess said ticket. Please share the full accounting with us. Most will never
experience what you have felt.  Please share.

DrDeal

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 03:46:22 PM »
I think the finder should give a full recap of the experience of pulling a golden ticket.
Did you experience Nirvana at the moment you found it?  Is your life better now that
you possess said ticket. Please share the full accounting with us. Most will never

DrDeal

I think they may have gotten a chubby :great:

Offline chickenfat2010

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 04:00:05 PM »
My first thought was that it was a wacky sketch with ALOT of text...then I realized what I was looking at. Up to that minute I wasn't sure that there was going to BE a golden ticket because Dave Gross had said there was a 50/50 chance of it happening.

Once I realized what I had I experienced a form of nirvana bliss....and then I got a chubby. And then I saw the Tab Bat Girl and I got a chubbier chubby!

Offline weirdo1

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 04:34:05 PM »

DrDeal

Because I first saw the back of the card, I knew it was a good one because of the hologram.  Then I slowly turned it around to see what I actually would get.  I'll be sending mine in next week and can't wait to see the rough of Behead.  Since it's just a redemption card, actually I was probably more excited to pull the colors--those kinda smack you in the face after seeing the regular ones.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 04:44:12 PM »
you mean a bottle of soda?   ;)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 07:02:02 PM »

I sure wish mine was that large.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 08:54:25 PM »
you mean a bottle of soda?   ;)

(Image removed from quote.)

LOL, how long have you been saving that image for the right time? :great:

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 09:14:20 PM »
Once I realized what I had I experienced a form of nirvana bliss....and then I got a chubby. And then I saw the Tab Bat Girl and I got a chubbier chubby!

Tab Bat Girl! Right on! That chick is hot. I was looking at sketch cards on ebay today and everytime I saw her, I thought "Damn, she's cute." I especially like the way Brent Engstrom draws her.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:16:35 PM by NEZHEAD42 »
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 09:17:41 PM »
Tab Bat Girl! Right on! That chick is hot. I was looking at sketch cards on ebay today and everytime I saw her, I thought "Damn, she's cute." I especially like the way Brent Engstrom draws her.
OK, this is getting creepy...HAHA :o

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 04:37:14 AM »
LOL, how long have you been saving that image for the right time? :great:
I've see these sodas in the store for years and thought they'd be great for a parody, but really, they're perfect all by themselves

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 05:31:38 AM »
My first thought was that it was a wacky sketch with ALOT of text...then I realized what I was looking at. Up to that minute I wasn't sure that there was going to BE a golden ticket because Dave Gross had said there was a 50/50 chance of it happening.

Thanks for that. Now we a have a little more sense of your full experience.

Regards,  DrDeal

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 09:45:38 AM »

Wow, I would hate to see what happens to you when you see a swimsuit model!!

Offline Crust

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 12:46:04 PM »
I used too love the chubby soda! I haven't seen it in stores for years though.. :sad: