Author Topic: Suggestion and other things for Wacky Packages Old School 4  (Read 5974 times)

Offline dth1971

Suggestion and other things for Wacky Packages Old School 4
« on: February 20, 2012, 12:30:03 PM »
Here are suggestions for Wacky Packages Old School 4 I like to see:

* Since OS3 has a Wacky 1967 subset of 9 1967 Wacky Packages die cut entries plus 1 lost 1967 entry that never made it to tan bacik/white back/Ludlow back sticker form, why not for OS4 a subset of 10 Lost original series sticker Wackys that never made it to tan back/white back/Ludlow back sticker form? The 10 would be a follows: Fool Aid, Buggies, Midget Rice, Monsterettes, Nastee Crush, Frosted Ice Krunkles, Rotting Zone, Fanatik, JuJuBats, and Janitor in a Slum.

* How about with OS4 a mini book to keep the 33 base OS4 entries (plus if possible the 10 sticker subset) in similar to the Wacky Packages 1982 Sticker Album but small size?

* I heard on this forum before that a spoof of a Mego World Greatest Super Heroes figure in the 33 base set might be included in OS4, is this true?

* Why not for the 33 OS4 base set a Wacky Packages take on a Peanuts/Snoopy related product of the 1970's? Like maybe a) Snoopy Toothbrush, b) Snoopy Pencil Sharpener, c) Snoopy Soaper, d) Any Dolly Madison 1970's product with Peanuts characters on it like Dolly Madison Creme Cakes or Dolly Madison Zingers?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:45:04 PM by dth1971 »

Offline lucidjc

Re: Suggestion and other things for Wacky Packages Old School 4
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 12:34:28 PM »
Dolly Madison Creme Cakes or Dolly Madison Zingers?

ahhhhhhh now and Zingers go good together!

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 04:14:16 PM »
Trifolds and red ludlows!  Real die cuts!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 06:57:37 PM »
Trifolds and red ludlows!  Real die cuts!

What do you mean trifolds?

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 12:44:41 AM »
**********Lose the bulky poster for future releases**********       5 or 6 bonus card subset,some of the other artists could handle this       9 piece puzzle sets with blank backs(?)making puzzles from the original series       9(NINE) card ludlow back subsets       combo subsets featuring characters from any OLDS series,original series and the best characters from ANS        you could combine OLDS with OLDS 2,OLDS with OLDS 3,OLDS 2 with OLDS 3       any OLDS with any original series characters and the postcard series could do the same/////       9(NINE) card subsets with new kool back designs       OLDS bonus boxes limited to a certain number of boxes,Topps Online Exclusive, order a certain number and get free or discounted shipping,why not Topps will make a modest profit/////            and lastly postcard sized sketches giving the artists a bit more space      
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:29:40 AM by deadpresidentsvisa »
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline quas

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 09:06:50 AM »
I'd like to see the following combo Wacky: the Hurts tomato and the ANS1 Struggle bear...............they seem to have a common facial expression...............
 :c002:
Marc

Offline Swiski

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 09:16:15 AM »
Here's what I'd like to see, but it would be hard to pull it off because of production scheduling - Create a few parodies for the initial production run of boxes that will be purposely pulled and then replaced with different parodies for the second production run. Kind of a nod to those Purina spoofs pulled because of C&D complaints.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 12:09:59 PM »
Here's what I'd like to see, but it would be hard to pull it off because of production scheduling - Create a few parodies for the initial production run of boxes that will be purposely pulled and then replaced with different parodies for the second production run. Kind of a nod to those Purina spoofs pulled because of C&D complaints.

OK!! here its is...sing it boys!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29_uSlEEPSk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29_uSlEEPSk</a>

Offline Playskull

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 02:15:41 PM »
Gum, no subsets or other annoying chase cards, wax wrappers, $40 price per box with free shipping.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 02:21:06 PM »
                                                                 Raise the price a tad and go with postcard size sketches,bulky poster GONEzo!!
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 03:33:56 AM »
                                                                 Raise the price a tad and go with postcard size sketches,bulky poster GONEzo!!

By “bulky poster” do you mean a forum member who hasn’t lost the weight they gained over the holiday?

I’m surprised The System allows us to use the word “gonzo”    :o

I have this kooky idea that it would be really nice to pick up an ANS or Old School sticker and know what series it is, just by looking at it. Even if the info was in small font on the reverse somewhere. It is not a huge thing, but as I look at loose stickers, that is a common thought, “What series is this?” Maybe I need to get more organized! Binders are nice, but I like to hold stickers. If there is going to be a number on a sticker, maybe it should be the series number. It is nice when looking at sketch cards to always be able to identify the series easily. Maybe I need Wacky-Base. I wonder if Brad has a crew of illegal immigrants scanning these new Old School and ANS series and entering all of the data. Do people enter data anymore? Maybe that is a thing of the past.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 04:33:45 AM »
I have this kooky idea that it would be really nice to pick up an ANS or Old School sticker and know what series it is, just by looking at it. Even if the info was in small font on the reverse somewhere.
Blasphemy!
text on the back? ack! run away!
speaking of ... how do you automatically know that Run Away is from the 6th series? there's nothing extra telling us that. It's because we lived and breathed and obsessed over these as kids! Sounds like you're losing the madness. Time to get nutty. Rubber band a set together and put it in your back pocket. Then take them to work, and everywhere else, so you can look at them every spare minute you've got. During meetings, at lunch, etc. Pretty soon you'll be Old School'd

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 06:11:46 AM »
Blasphemy!
text on the back? ack! run away!
speaking of ... how do you automatically know that Run Away is from the 6th series? there's nothing extra telling us that. It's because we lived and breathed and obsessed over these as kids! Sounds like you're losing the madness. Time to get nutty. Rubber band a set together and put it in your back pocket. Then take them to work, and everywhere else, so you can look at them every spare minute you've got. During meetings, at lunch, etc. Pretty soon you'll be Old School'd

If you want to know what series a sticker is from, you write the number on the back with a pen, crayon, magic marker, whatever!  If you really like it, add your name, so no one tries to grab it on you!!!

I've actually been marking Old School checklists and peeling borders, but haven't written on the backs, since I didn't do that as a kid.  Perhaps I should.......

At my one office (the one away from administration) I have a copy of The Gallery and a bunch of the little ANS albums with Wackys in them.  It worked until ANS6, but they are OK for Old School, if you don't worry about puzzles.  I have Wacky magnets on my filing cabinets, too.  Guess which office I prefer..........

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 09:43:22 AM »
By “bulky poster” do you mean a forum member who hasn’t lost the weight they gained over the holiday?

I’m surprised The System allows us to use the word “gonzo”    :o

I have this kooky idea that it would be really nice to pick up an ANS or Old School sticker and know what series it is, just by looking at it. Even if the info was in small font on the reverse somewhere. It is not a huge thing, but as I look at loose stickers, that is a common thought, “What series is this?”

That would be cool for the ANS series but like Patrick said not for Old School!  We have to memorize them like we did with the originals?

Speaking of memorizing titles, what % do you think you could properly tell what series each title is if given off randomly?  I would think many of us would be 90-100% of the originals but much worse on the ANS series.  I know I would be less than 50% on the ANS series.  Maybe I'll eventually learn them like I did with the originals, but with 55 titles per set (or more) it gets tricky.

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 10:11:34 AM »
That would be cool for the ANS series but like Patrick said not for Old School!  We have to memorize them like we did with the originals?

Speaking of memorizing titles, what % do you think you could properly tell what series each title is if given off randomly?  I would think many of us would be 90-100% of the originals but much worse on the ANS series.  I know I would be less than 50% on the ANS series.  Maybe I'll eventually learn them like I did with the originals, but with 55 titles per set (or more) it gets tricky.

I have trouble with the ANS titles, more with the later sets ans ANS1-ANS4.  One person who amazes me with those is Shoe - he seems to have a new series memorized, with numbers no less, before I'm done sorting my first set!

anything