Author Topic: OLD School 3 Shipped!!!!!!  (Read 34891 times)

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

Re: OLD School 3 Shipped!!!!!!
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2012, 06:32:38 AM »
                                                                    TWO HOURS AND COUNTING...........HOPEFULLY
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2012, 08:08:28 AM »
For a genuine Old School feeling I'm going to drop off my boxes at the local mom and pop drug store and ask them to sell the stuff for 15¢ a pack. Then pop in every couple of hours and buy some.
That's too funny. Make sure you ride your bicycle there and wear your hat with the propeller. Dont forget to chew the rock hard gum!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2012, 08:09:59 AM »
                                                                    TWO HOURS AND COUNTING...........HOPEFULLY

Pink is your type      :bunny:

how many boxes did you get Lance?

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2012, 08:11:29 AM »
Thats one good thing but why did one go thru lawnside nj , and the other thru philly ?
Lawnside and Philly are near each other. Lawnside is just right over the bridge in New Jersey

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2012, 08:14:16 AM »
That's too funny. Make sure you ride your bicycle there and wear your hat with the propeller. Dont forget to chew the rock hard gum!

Standing outside the store straddling your bike, ripping packs open because you don’t want to wait to wait to get home to see the titles.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2012, 08:18:43 AM »
Hoping for no doubles, but even if they were, at least ones you liked. I was always looking for a Mutts card. Save a few packs for home and trying not to open them as long as you can hold out. Yeah.

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2012, 08:32:09 AM »

Pink is your type      :bunny:

how many boxes did you get Lance?

HI.......4 boxes with one going up to Anders and Bro
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2012, 09:18:52 AM »
Mine shows out for delivery as well. I wonder what is in the 3rd box? I ordered 2 cases so it should be 2 boxes but UPS is showing 3 packages.

« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2012, 10:07:25 AM »
Mine shows out for delivery as well. I wonder what is in the 3rd box? I ordered 2 cases so it should be 2 boxes but UPS is showing 3 packages.
I WILL BE BACK IN 6 HOURS WITH MY NUMBER 1 SELECTION FOR THIS SERIES

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2012, 10:09:24 AM »
Standing outside the store straddling your bike, ripping packs open because you don’t want to wait to wait to get home to see the titles.

In PA, when I discovered Wackys, we were too far from stores for a bike ride, so I opened packs in the car after we shopped, except for the times when my mom would be out without me and bring me a pack or two as a surprise.  In CA, again we were too far to bike to a store, but I bought a lot of packs from the ice cream truck guy, and then I'd sit on the curb by the house, opening packs.  I never hesitated to go shopping if destinations included drug stores or other stores that carried Wackys, as I would almost always come away with a pack to open in the car.   

With ANS1, I found packs in a TRU on my lunch hour, and sat in the car opening packs and having a blast.  The difference was, I was behind the wheel that time!!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2012, 10:25:47 AM »
I wonder what is in the 3rd box? I ordered 2 cases so it should be 2 boxes but UPS is showing 3 packages.
It's your case of bonus sketches.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2012, 10:59:36 AM »
I knew they were going to get shipped this last weekend, because
for each of the first Old School series, I happened to go away for a few days,
and missed out on receiving the delivery in person!  In-freakin-credible!

I'm heading out of town for a week or so in July to Philly, so mark your
calendars, that's when ANS9 or the Postcards will be released!  Guaranteed!   :great:

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2012, 11:05:35 AM »
Just got home from Indianapolis with my son. We are the farthest house back on a 1/4 mile gravel lane. As we passed the closest neighbor's house, I saw a box on their front porch. On a hunch, I stopped and checked and it was mine. For some reason, since about 2 weeks before Christmas, the UPS guy has been leaving our items at the neighbors' and vice versa.
TIME TO DO SOME QUICK OPENING.... have to take the dog to the Vet's in about 40 minutes. Maybe one box...
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2012, 11:23:23 AM »
HUmmmm.....mine Left NJ TWO days ago, and has been intercepted by aliens......Maulder?.....Scully?

Secaucus, NJ, United States    02/18/2012    8:03 A.M.   Departure Scan

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2012, 11:54:56 AM »

I just received my 2nd batch of 20 boxes.  For some reason they needed a signature on this one.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2012, 12:23:47 PM »
I just received my 2nd batch of 20 boxes.  For some reason they needed a signature on this one.
This is ridiculous. I haven't even received any boxes, it seems I am the only person in the NY, NJ, CT area who didn't receive the shipment.  My window of time to enjoy these had long past and now losing this weekend where I had a slight window left to enjoy them has passed, I might just send them back to Topps for a refund.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2012, 12:26:13 PM »
Mine have been OUT FOR DELIVERY since 7:45 this morning. It looks like, as per usual, UPS will deliver around 7pm this evening. Oh, the wait!
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2012, 12:40:49 PM »
This is ridiculous. I haven't even received any boxes, it seems I am the only person in the NY, NJ, CT area who didn't receive the shipment.  My window of time to enjoy these had long past and now losing this weekend where I had a slight window left to enjoy them has passed, I might just send them back to Topps for a refund.

OK......and Just how long do you think the refund will take?? ;D

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2012, 01:06:02 PM »

You're not alone!  Mine went 'out for delivery' before 5am this morning from the depot which is less than 10 minutes away.  Still waiting.......  uh oh, I hear a truck!!

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2012, 01:17:07 PM »
Mine won't arrive until end-of-day Wednesday. Very annoying not to be able to open these with the rest of the crew!

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2012, 01:29:17 PM »
Mine won't arrive until end-of-day Wednesday. Very annoying not to be able to open these with the rest of the crew!
Golden Tickets take longer ;)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2012, 01:52:43 PM »
OK......and Just how long do you think the refund will take?? ;D

I couldn't care less how long the refund takes, they need to stop using UPS as a shipping service.  Why did some people receive their boxes on Friday and Saturday and the rest of us are sitting here with our thumbs up our asses waiting?  Did everyone else pay for expedited shipping?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2012, 01:54:32 PM »
You're not alone!  Mine went 'out for delivery' before 5am this morning from the depot which is less than 10 minutes away.  Still waiting.......  uh oh, I hear a truck!!
OUT FOR DELIVERY IS THEIR STANDARD MEMO,YOUR GUY/GAL DID NOT GET ON THE ROAD TO AROUND 9 AM ,MOST LIKELY

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2012, 02:03:39 PM »
I couldn't care less how long the refund takes, they need to stop using UPS as a shipping service.  Why did some people receive their boxes on Friday and Saturday and the rest of us are sitting here with our thumbs up our asses waiting?  Did everyone else pay for expedited shipping?

I took the free shipping - had the roll of the dice resulted in my order shipping Thursday, I'm sure they would have arrived Friday. 

I just opened a box, and these are worth waiting for!  Some awesome titles!!  Love the 70's packaging, and one of my favorites toys is in the set!

I got all but one of the tan backs in the first box, and already have them in pages for easier enjoyment.  Two complete puzzles, too.  I'll worry about the back versions and sketch cards later, now's the time to just really look at the new Wackys.

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2012, 02:18:01 PM »
I hear ya....was just being Ironic :)

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2012, 03:31:19 PM »
I used the free shipping Ernie and received mine in PA this afternoon.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2012, 04:00:57 PM »
unless it's expedited delivery, the closer you live to the depot the later in the day you'll receive your package - as you'll be getting delivery as the trucks are heading back to the depot at the end of the day. At least that's how it is for me, living a 1/4 mile from a UPS hub.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2012, 04:29:18 PM »
unless it's expedited delivery, the closer you live to the depot the later in the day you'll receive your package - as you'll be getting delivery as the trucks are heading back to the depot at the end of the day. At least that's how it is for me, living a 1/4 mile from a UPS hub.

I usually get late in the day deliveries, but sometimes they come around 1 pm.  When I used to be able to come home at lunch time, I'd hope for that, especially if something was coming signature required, and it happened with postcards at least once.  I think it was Old School 1 where I was having a fit waiting ALL day and gave up around 6:30, and then they showed up at what I thought was way after their hours - my box had been put on the wrong truck, and the driver brought it after finishing his regular route, which wasn't in my neighborhood at all.  I really can't complain about the drivers around here.  They don't throw stuff around, either.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2012, 05:53:10 PM »
HUmmmm.....mine Left NJ TWO days ago, and has been intercepted by aliens......Maulder?.....Scully?

Secaucus, NJ, United States    02/18/2012    8:03 A.M.   Departure Scan

My message is similar.  It seems it left Secaucus NJ a few hours before yours, nearly three days ago now.  Where is it?  Who knows, but it just says that it'll be delivered to Madison, WI by the end of the day Wed.  Geez, I'd think it should be here at least one day sooner than that.  I suppose it still could be, but I won't hold my breath.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2012, 06:02:40 PM »
It's your case of bonus sketches.

They are using smaller boxes this time for shipping. They used to have 24 boxes to a case but not this time.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2012, 06:18:53 PM »
I really can't complain about the drivers around here.  They don't throw stuff around, either.

I wish I could say the same. Thank GOD the fragile sticker was still intact!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2012, 08:56:26 PM »
I wish I could say the same. Thank GOD the fragile sticker was still intact!

Yeah, you don't want anything to happen to that collectible fragile sticker!

Mine arrived today around 11:30 am. Just now finished opening 2 boxes. This is the best Olds yet, Dave outdid himself, well thought out and some really great titles with a good amount of titles that seems like they could of even been in a set back in the day. Nice Dave, hope your crazy situation has calmed down. Don't want to spoil for anyone, so I'll just say the variations are really nice and the subsets.
 My only complaint is that the tan backs are very thin, I almost felt guilty just holding one in my hand to view. I don't think that I will even put those in the plastic 9 card album sleeve unless I create some kind of sturdy backing for it first, so that the cards do not get damaged/bent just from viewing. I hate to have any complaint because it really is a great series and the card thickness probably has nothing to do with Dave.
 AWESOME DAVE, YOU OUTDID YOURSELF WITH OLDS 3. Now you set the bar high for Olds 4, but I do love the preview card so far !! 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2012, 09:23:53 PM »
The Tans are as thin as OLDS2

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2012, 07:11:45 AM »
My only complaint is that the tan backs are very thin, I almost felt guilty just holding one in my hand to view. I don't think that I will even put those in the plastic 9 card album sleeve unless I create some kind of sturdy backing for it first, so that the cards do not get damaged/bent just from viewing.
Go grab an original series tan back and an OLDS 3 one. Betcha can't tell the difference in thickness...

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2012, 07:29:07 AM »
Go grab an original series tan back and an OLDS 3 one. Betcha can't tell the difference in thickness...

Dr Popper is a print and paper guy. I’ll bet he is pulling out his calipers at this moment.            :D

anything