Author Topic: eBay sellers with a no return policy  (Read 3008 times)

Offline CherryBombs

eBay sellers with a no return policy
« on: February 12, 2012, 06:04:15 PM »
I just wanted to throw this one out and see how everyone feels about this topic ??? Are we protected by eBay anyways... or does the seller's description in the listing protect him if you have buyer's remorse ??? I sell PSA graded Wacky's so, I offer a return policy but, those who don't offer it I'm curious to know their reason for not offering it ??? 
eBay ID: vintage-trading-cards

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: eBay sellers with a no return policy
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 06:25:45 PM »
I just wanted to throw this one out and see how everyone feels about this topic ??? Are we protected by eBay anyways... or does the seller's description in the listing protect him if you have buyer's remorse ??? I sell PSA graded Wacky's so, I offer a return policy but, those who don't offer it I'm curious to know their reason for not offering it ??? 

Depending on the item I am selling sometimes I don't offer a refund, and it's because I've had a couple auctions where they bought and item and wanted to return it because it wasn't what they were looking for, but they failed to read my description.  For example, I sold a pair of 3-D glasses and clearly listed what TV sets they were compatible with, but the guy bought them anyway, and then wanted a refund because it didnt work with his tv.

If it's a quality issue I always will give the buyer a refund though.

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline aegillesp

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 08:44:28 PM »
They might not offer it because they don't want to get the item back regardless of any excuse.  Although I've never returned anything off ebay because it was my fault for not reading it completely.  Besides, I would just repost it if it wasn't what I wanted, now if it came damaged, then I would say something to the seller.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 09:22:58 PM »
They might not offer it because they don't want to get the item back regardless of any excuse.
I think this is a primary reason. Also, they sell too much cr...uh, stuff that they don't have time to deal with anything coming back.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 07:17:29 AM »
Depending on the item I am selling sometimes I don't offer a refund, and it's because I've had a couple auctions where they bought and item and wanted to return it because it wasn't what they were looking for, but they failed to read my description.  For example, I sold a pair of 3-D glasses and clearly listed what TV sets they were compatible with, but the guy bought them anyway, and then wanted a refund because it didnt work with his tv.

I'm not a big fan of selling electronics on ebay even though I have 3 items up now that electronics. There are just too many variables that could come back to bit your ass.

Offline RaMpB

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 08:04:01 AM »
there are 8 bytes in a bit...thats good odds it wont come back. lol j/k

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 09:12:37 AM »

I don't offer returns on my auctions, I sell collectibles and I have seen some people (buyers) buy an item then exchange it for a lesser grade item and want thier money back.  I give great pictures so the Item is dsclosed, so I feel that if you buy it it is yours.  Now if it did come to you damaged or not as described I would make an exception.  However if it is buyers remorse or worse buyers fraud no way

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 09:49:59 AM »
there are 8 bytes in a bit...
That's backwards. There are 8 bits in a byte.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 06:10:35 PM »
Anyone else heard of a "nybble"? 4 bits. Always liked that one.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 05:59:49 AM »
I think this is a primary reason. Also, they sell too much cr...uh, stuff that they don't have time to deal with anything coming back.

BINGO!!!

anything