Author Topic: ROB's Items for sale  (Read 24017 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
ROB's Items for sale
« on: February 10, 2012, 11:52:25 AM »

Hi, since I don't collect uncut sheets I would like to sell my series 1 Cereal Killers sheet.  I think these went to the first 50 buyers of cases, and there were 100 released.  It has Joe Simko's signature on it and it's #13/100.  I would ship it in a tube and would like $20.00 + shipping, which I estimate to be 7-8 bucks.  Here are the pics............ 

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Campy

• work in progress
Re: ROB's Items for sale
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 12:59:27 PM »
I, will take it! PM sent

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 01:29:28 PM »
Dang, you're fast. If he bails on you I will take it :great:

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 08:25:24 PM »
Dang, you're fast. If he bails on you I will take it :great:

Sorry guys, Vfx2g was the first to email meon this one.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 04:04:18 PM »

Hi, I am close to completing my Old School 3 sketch set but I need to swap the J. Zapata Slam Jim with one of the titles listed below.  I am trying to get one per artist with no duplicate titles.  I posted the Zapata I want to swap as well as a few others I would swap.

I would like a Zapata with one of the following titles.................

- Grim
- Moron Gard
- Bat
- Mr Babble
- Hipton
- Kentucky Fried
- Hawaiian Punks
- Play Dumb

Here is what I have for a trade.............

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 10:22:22 AM »

I finally was able to pick up a #36 Gold Battlecaps to complete my extra Flashback 2 gold set, and now I am in selling mode.  If anyone has an interest in buying the set please PM me.   

Thanks, Rob   

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 03:13:00 PM »
I finally was able to pick up a #36 Gold Battlecaps to complete my extra Flashback 2 gold set, and now I am in selling mode.  If anyone has an interest in buying the set please PM me.   

Thanks, Rob   

Congrats!!

Offline Kook

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 05:41:41 PM »

Thanks, Rob   

Were you setting out to do 2 complete sets, or did you have a bunch of extra golds from building your first set that you decided to complete the 2nd? Seems like 1 set would be hard, but 2 would be unbelievably hard. Basically, you have 2 of an only possible 40 sets. Considering many people may get a gold & not realize what they have & discard, stick, trade or throw it in a drawer, completing a set is much tougher than the odds of pulling 72 golds from packs.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 06:10:32 AM »
Were you setting out to do 2 complete sets, or did you have a bunch of extra golds from building your first set that you decided to complete the 2nd? Seems like 1 set would be hard, but 2 would be unbelievably hard. Basically, you have 2 of an only possible 40 sets. Considering many people may get a gold & not realize what they have & discard, stick, trade or throw it in a drawer, completing a set is much tougher than the odds of pulling 72 golds from packs.

Actually I bought a 71-card set (missing Battlecaps) pretty cheap over a year ago (cheap being relative of course!).  It was part of deal to get another card I needed, and I rolled the dice that another Battlecaps would surface.   

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 09:46:44 AM »
....must be extremely hard, as I have been looking for a lousy (1) gold card "Forgers" to go with my
Printing plate for 5 Years!! :-\

Maybe Rob can just send me a Scan :)

Offline Kook

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 10:01:25 AM »
....must be extremely hard, as I have been looking for a lousy (1) gold card "Forgers" to go with my

That would be a cool thing to see a scan of the whole flashback gold set, if possible, since most people will never see one.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 10:03:43 AM »

I'll be glad to send you a nice scan of it, but wouldn't you rather just buy the whole set!  haha  Do you want the scan so you can cut it into a card?  If so I won't use the black background I usually use.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 10:07:46 AM »
That would be a cool thing to see a scan of the whole flashback gold set, if possible, since most people will never see one.

Ok, I'll do it, but you need to do me a favor and get yourself an avatar!!  You're a bigtime collector and member of this forum.......you need a Wacky avatar for fun!!  C'mon man!   

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 12:54:00 PM »
Ok, I'll do it, but you need to do me a favor and get yourself an avatar!!  You're a bigtime collector and member of this forum.......you need a Wacky avatar for fun!!  C'mon man!   

If Bill is taking nominations, here is one

His “ f ” is in fowl

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 04:09:38 PM »
If Bill is taking nominations, here is one

His “ f ” is in fowl

(Image removed from quote.)

That's perfect!  Someone could make the duck animate out of the package. 

Offline Kook

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 05:22:23 PM »

Ok, ok, I think the Robs have it. That is an appropriate avatar. I'm going to sleep on it to see if an original series character comes to mind, and if not Taco Bill it is. Thanks guys.

Offline Kook

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 06:20:57 PM »
OK Rob, Rob, I narrowed it down to 3 original series options or Taco Bill. I picked:
1. Kook because I like the character, and I think a smoking penguin would make a cool avatar (especially animated),
2. Dr. Ono for the same 2 reasons, and
3. Grime (heavy) because I remember the 7th series the best as a kid & I also think the dropping dog food would make a cool avatar.

Taco Bill works obviously because of the name (good call Rob) and the animation potential as well.

What are your thoughts on these? (or anyone else who cares to chime in)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 06:46:37 AM »
OK Rob, Rob, I narrowed it down to 3 original series options or Taco Bill. I picked:
1. Kook because I like the character, and I think a smoking penguin would make a cool avatar (especially animated),
2. Dr. Ono for the same 2 reasons, and
3. Grime (heavy) because I remember the 7th series the best as a kid & I also think the dropping dog food would make a cool avatar.

Taco Bill works obviously because of the name (good call Rob) and the animation potential as well.

What are your thoughts on these? (or anyone else who cares to chime in)

The Kook penguin is a great character for an avatar. If you made it with motion, the cigarette(s) could have a puff of smoke. Or Kook could toss the cigarette in his left fin into the air, end over end, and catch it, like Johnny Carson used to do with his pencil during The Tonight Show, lol

Dr Ono the Crackpot Brain Opener would also make a good avatar. One thing - the full scene has two characters and they would be small in an avatar unless you used only one – the doctor might look cool by himself, maybe with his head nodding a bit or his eye-balls rolling around (maybe one eye-ball rolling?). The Grime dog with the food dropping would be cool, but I think it might be tough to make an image with the dog’s expression before the food lands on its head.

From your list, I like Kook and Taco Bill best. If you want more ideas and feedback, you could write up your avatar concepts and create a thread with a poll. But maybe that is going overboard, something I often do  :D

Offline Kook

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 09:46:53 AM »
The Kook penguin is a great character for an avatar. If you made it with motion, the cigarette(s) could have a puff of smoke. Or Kook could toss the cigarette in his left fin into the air, end over end, and catch it, like Johnny Carson used to do with his pencil during The Tonight Show, lol

Dr Ono the Crackpot Brain Opener would also make a good avatar. One thing - the full scene has two characters and they would be small in an avatar unless you used only one – the doctor might look cool by himself, maybe with his head nodding a bit or his eye-balls rolling around (maybe one eye-ball rolling?). The Grime dog with the food dropping would be cool, but I think it might be tough to make an image with the dog’s expression before the food lands on its head.

From your list, I like Kook and Taco Bill best. If you want more ideas and feedback, you could write up your avatar concepts and create a thread with a poll. But maybe that is going overboard, something I often do  :D

OK Rob & Rob, I'm trying on Kook for size. There's no more billf  :o  I'll be working on improving the avatar as I go along.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:48:55 AM by Kook »

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 11:16:50 AM »
OK Rob & Rob, I'm trying on Kook for size. There's no more billf  :o  I'll be working on improving the avatar as I go along.

I like it!  :great:

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 12:44:31 PM »

Looks great!

(I don't think I've ever noticed the eyeballs in the o's of "Kook")

Offline Kook

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 01:46:46 PM »
Looks great!

(I don't think I've ever noticed the eyeballs in the o's of "Kook")

Thanks! I didn't notice them before either. My next step is to figure out how to get the background transparent.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 02:50:39 PM »
I did this pretty fast to see how to do it. You have to save it as a Gif to keep the transparency. I did lose some of the smoke but wanted to try.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:59:52 PM by BumChex »

Offline Kook

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012, 06:22:17 PM »
I did this pretty fast to see how to do it. You have to save it as a Gif to keep the transparency. I did lose some of the smoke but wanted to try.

Thanks Brad. the image was a gif, but I didn't see how to make the background transparent when i made it. What do you think looks better, transparent, or with the smoke more visible?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012, 06:41:28 PM »
Thanks Brad. the image was a gif, but I didn't see how to make the background transparent when i made it. What do you think looks better, transparent, or with the smoke more visible?

I could make it better. I just wanted to see how it would look transparent. I won't be able to do anything for awhile. I have to travel on biz.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2012, 03:20:13 PM »

I just noticed these posts because for some reason they didn't show up under "show unread posts".  I like it better with the smoke more visible! 

Offline Kook

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2012, 05:29:54 PM »
I just noticed these posts because for some reason they didn't show up under "show unread posts".  I like it better with the smoke more visible! 
I agree. I think it should stand out more too. The smoke may have to be reworked a bit in addition to the animation. One step at a time. It only took me 3 years to pic an avatar (with a little frindly nudge).

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2012, 05:44:30 PM »
would be really cool as an animated Gif....sign catches fire, sign goes up in firey smoke....pengy, now all black, blinks his big eyes :)
look out Phillip Morris LOL!

Offline Kook

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2012, 05:12:23 AM »
would be really cool as an animated Gif....sign catches fire, sign goes up in firey smoke....pengy, now all black, blinks his big eyes :)
look out Phillip Morris LOL!

I like that! Sounds a little like charboy.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2012, 07:28:51 AM »

I have a complete 33-card set of 1976 Topps Mad-Ad Foldees available for sale.  This set is truly NM and looks like they just came out of their packs.  None of the perfs are folded or damaged.  Artwork by the great Norm Saunders!  Here is a link to Rusty's site for more info on the set and pics since I am too lazy to scan all of them................

http://www.lostwackys.com/odd-stuff/mad-ad-foldees.htm

$125.00 shipped!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2012, 05:26:09 PM »
I have a complete 33-card set of 1976 Topps Mad-Ad Foldees available for sale.  This set is truly NM and looks like they just came out of their packs.  None of the perfs are folded or damaged.  Artwork by the great Norm Saunders!  Here is a link to Rusty's site for more info on the set and pics since I am too lazy to scan all of them................

$125.00 shipped!

This is an amazing set -- if I didn't already have one, I'd be all over it.  Super art by Norm and great concept!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2012, 05:58:11 PM »

$125.00 shipped!

And you really need two of these sets in your collection like I have. One in near mint "un-perffed" and one perffed so you can enjoy mixing the pics up. So grab this set! NOW!!!  ( how'd I do boss?). In all seriousness, this is a tough set to put together in near mint because almost any unopened packs will have gum stains on some cards. It is a cool set.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2012, 07:55:27 PM »

$125.00 shipped!

LOVE this set, collected them as a kid.  My biggest score in all my years of using ebay was getting an uncut sheet of these!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2012, 05:43:12 PM »

My Foldee's set is now spoken for!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2012, 06:07:33 PM »
My Foldee's set is now spoken for!

It's gettin' hitched? Thanks wonderful news. Is the groom a nice Mr. Foney's Funnies set? A Bally-hoo card deck? I hope it's not that handfull of PsychoParody prismatic vending machine stickers that are always hanging out under the I-70 overpass. That's some bad satire.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

anything