Author Topic: ANS 9  (Read 189483 times)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

Re: ANS 9
« Reply #560 on: August 18, 2012, 08:02:26 PM »
Mark,

Here's a pic of the rack pack from Hastings that I mentioned in an earlier post. Wrapper code 0-721-54-01-2.

Thank you for the pic Neil, But I still haven't come across any yet, Could you pick me up a couple packs?

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #561 on: August 18, 2012, 08:26:53 PM »
Thank you for the pic Neil, But I still haven't come across any yet, Could you pick me up a couple packs?
I've found them at target recently - back with the rack pack section in the Toy department
Give that a shot first?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #562 on: August 19, 2012, 07:51:52 AM »

Hi Mark,

I think this was the only they had but you're welcome to it.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #563 on: August 19, 2012, 08:24:24 PM »
I've found them at target recently - back with the rack pack section in the Toy department
Give that a shot first?

I'll give a look back by the toy dept. tomorrow, If none are there, I'm very happy that Neil is sending me one.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #564 on: August 19, 2012, 08:57:40 PM »
I don't know why this is driving me crazy but it is. I can't figure this out. Why is Matt Stock buying all the ANS9 sketches and hot packs? He's buying so many he must have at least $10k in it now. It doesn't make sense since he was selling all of his OLDS sketches and even altering them to make more money. Why is he buying up all the ANS9 sketches? He's even paying the high dollars that Cardgary and Clint are selling them for. I'm waiting for the prices to drop but he keeps paying these high prices that the sellers keep upping their price. As far as I can tell he hasn't bought much in the past. He's really a seller but this kind of behavior is really driving me crazy. I don't know why. Anyone know him? Can someone ask him why he has this new passion to collect ANS9 sketches? I think he is up to something. It's not my problem but I want these sketches to drop in price and at this pace they will only go up.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #565 on: August 20, 2012, 06:47:42 AM »
I don't know why this is driving me crazy but it is. I can't figure this out. Why is Matt Stock buying all the ANS9 sketches and hot packs? He's buying so many he must have at least $10k in it now. It doesn't make sense since he was selling all of his OLDS sketches and even altering them to make more money. Why is he buying up all the ANS9 sketches? He's even paying the high dollars that Cardgary and Clint are selling them for. I'm waiting for the prices to drop but he keeps paying these high prices that the sellers keep upping their price. As far as I can tell he hasn't bought much in the past. He's really a seller but this kind of behavior is really driving me crazy. I don't know why. Anyone know him? Can someone ask him why he has this new passion to collect ANS9 sketches? I think he is up to something. It's not my problem but I want these sketches to drop in price and at this pace they will only go up.

It's stranger than fiction...kind of like Moose Attacks!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #566 on: August 20, 2012, 08:56:59 PM »

Maybe he thinks (or knows?) that the ANS series is going to end soon and like the 16th series of the 70's he's hoping his spending/investing will pay off in the future? Just guessing here ...

BTW, has anyone pulled a sketch from the Jumbo Packs. I think they are just made to get rid of the excess, sort of like the Flo packs with the exception that they do have the inserts - but do they have any sketches?
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #567 on: August 20, 2012, 09:06:13 PM »
I tried that with one of my jumbo packs I bought. All I found out was how to wrinkle up and crease my pack. I couldn't see much besides the front and back sticker. No way could I slide up the 3rd or whichever card is key placement to see what it is. How can some mope sit there searching packs for however long it takes and no one in the store stops them?

For the life of me I cannot see how this is done, someone would have to prove it to me that you can see through those packs, I've tried it at a lot of angles and different lighting. I don't want to pack search, but at the same time I do not want to be ripped off because someone else may be doing it. I think it is more of a collation calculation to determine the "hot packs". Sorry I am a non believer of the pack searching of ANS 8 or ANS 9, Flashbacks did seem to be a little more transparent wrappers. I simply cannot see how it is possible to see through these packs, without maybe the aid of certain tools that I am not aware of ? Just sliding the cards down in the packs doesn't even expose the black boarder hardly. They slide in the packs because they are glossy cards. You cant stack them while your putting a set together without them sliding around.

• Administrator
« Reply #568 on: August 20, 2012, 09:06:20 PM »
Maybe he thinks (or knows?) that the ANS series is going to end soon and like the 16th series of the 70's he's hoping his spending/investing will pay off in the future? Just guessing here ...

BTW, has anyone pulled a sketch from the Jumbo Packs. I think they are just made to get rid of the excess, sort of like the Flo packs with the exception that they do have the inserts - but do they have any sketches?
The wrapper odds say they do - but then again, the wrapper odds are flat out wrong on the cello packs, so who knows

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #569 on: August 20, 2012, 09:07:59 PM »
The wrapper odds say they do - but then again, the wrapper odds are flat out wrong on the cello packs, so who knows

If someone here pulls a sketch from a Jumbo pack please post so we know. Or even a Gold Boarder for that matter.

• Administrator
« Reply #570 on: August 20, 2012, 09:16:50 PM »
If someone here pulls a sketch from a Jumbo pack please post so we know. Or even a Gold Boarder for that matter.
There have been several 'hot packs' on eBay. For what that's worth.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #571 on: August 21, 2012, 07:53:54 AM »
There have been several 'hot packs' on eBay. For what that's worth.
Stay away from hot packs!

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #572 on: August 21, 2012, 08:33:18 AM »
Agreed. Return on Investment in Hot Packs is extremely poor. 

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #573 on: August 21, 2012, 09:01:10 AM »

Why? What is the scam - isn't that guy legit... :P :P

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #574 on: August 21, 2012, 09:18:25 AM »
Agreed. Return on Investment in Hot Packs is extremely poor. 

so there's actually NO gold or sketches in there as he states?? silvers only??

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #575 on: August 21, 2012, 10:41:55 AM »

Yeah The prices will "burn" you-LOL.

• Administrator
« Reply #576 on: August 21, 2012, 04:00:35 PM »
Why? What is the scam - isn't that guy legit... :P :P
err, no, it's not quite like that. just know what you are getting into when you buy one.
Brad picked up a couple mars attacks hot packs for the sketches. and yes, they did have have sketch cards in them, but...
 (as fyi, if you haven't been checking out the mars attacks thread, there are tons of great color sketches out there. And loads and loads of great B&W's too. )
Of course the sketch cards in the hot packs weren't color....
and for that matter, they weren't even good b&w's.
purely a coincidence I'm sure.  :-\
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:09:57 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #577 on: August 21, 2012, 04:51:58 PM »
err, no, it's not quite like that. just know what you are getting into when you buy one.
Brad picked up a couple mars attacks hot packs for the sketches. and yes, they did have all have sketch cards.
just as fyi, if you haven't been checking out the mars attacks thread, there are tons of great color sketches out there. And loads and loads of great B&W's too.
Of course the sketch cards in the hot packs weren't color....
and they weren't even good b&w's for that matter.
purely coincidence I'm sure.  :-\

The deck is stacked, and I'm not playing anymore.  I did pretty well picking up sets on ebay, and bought some packs at Walmart for fun.  Just need to get to Target for a bonus box, and I'm done.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #578 on: August 22, 2012, 03:24:35 AM »
Looks like Brent Engstrom put this artist return card on ebay. Pretty cool...

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

« Reply #579 on: August 22, 2012, 05:10:23 AM »
hey, i got gold out of them. oddly enough it was the pack i got from topps when i ordered the cereal boxes. i ordered the one pack in order to get thr free shipping.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #580 on: August 23, 2012, 06:43:55 AM »
hey, i got gold out of them. oddly enough it was the pack i got from topps when i ordered the cereal boxes. i ordered the one pack in order to get thr free shipping.

Now that's what I like to hear! Congrats!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #581 on: August 23, 2012, 10:15:07 AM »

OK, I've found the answer and you have to put this in the 'you can't make this stuff up' category. It seems as though Matt's plan is to corner the sketch market and charge high prices for the sketches to other collectors. He obviously thinks that $250-$400 ebay prices are a good deal and most collectors would rather pay him $350+ to buy from him. That is why he's buying them so quickly. Most sketches and hot packs are selling pretty fast and he's buying most of them. What a plan!

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #582 on: August 23, 2012, 11:04:54 AM »
OK, I've found the answer and you have to put this in the 'you can't make this stuff up' category. It seems as though Matt's plan is to corner the sketch market and charge high prices for the sketches to other collectors. He obviously thinks that $250-$400 ebay prices are a good deal and most collectors would rather pay him $350+ to buy from him. That is why he's buying them so quickly. Most sketches and hot packs are selling pretty fast and he's buying most of them. What a plan!

This is almost the same "model" that Leslie employed with her sketch craze where she paid insane prices for OLDS1 only to end up having a "fire" sale on them later on....that might work 20 years from now...NOT ;D ;D Good Luck with that!!! Look what happended to the prices of the past sketches from prior series...and the Golds - esp Flashback - were once $250+ not $26 maybe...I think he just likes buying and selling... :-\ :-\

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #583 on: August 23, 2012, 12:41:39 PM »

Although he might make some profit on some of them, if he has to dump even 20% of the sketches at low prices, it seems to me he will lose money overall. It's a strange strategy, all things considered

Quick question about the ANS 9 luggage tags - I have not seen one yet. Are they exactly like the previous ones? Are there any differences or improvements?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #584 on: August 23, 2012, 01:15:13 PM »

Quick question about the ANS 9 luggage tags - I have not seen one yet. Are they exactly like the previous ones? Are there any differences or improvements?

The tags are identical.

• Administrator
« Reply #585 on: August 23, 2012, 04:12:10 PM »

it seems like the pop-out pieces are holding in place better this time. I haven't found one yet with a missing or popped part. so i'm thinking the cutting method was tweaked/improved a bit

trivial stuff:  the backs are 180° flipped from last series and now have instructions on how to assemble.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #586 on: August 23, 2012, 04:13:19 PM »

It could be that he just got addicted to them.  I know a few others who succumbed to the bug at one time or another.  haha  Once you're addicted judgement and reason go out the window!

As far as cornering the market, Cargary's must have bought an incredible amount of product.  He's been the leader in golds and sketch auctions.

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #587 on: August 23, 2012, 05:00:15 PM »
Hunt brothers did this with silver in the lat 70's early 80's their plan was working until the Govt unloaded a boat load of silver into the market and prices dropped and the Hunt brothers were never heard from again.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #588 on: August 23, 2012, 05:35:13 PM »
...the Hunt brothers were never heard from again.
Did anyone ever hunt for them?

• Administrator
« Reply #589 on: August 23, 2012, 06:00:40 PM »
Did anyone ever hunt for them?
I heard several hunts began by sending some hunks, but they all got hurts by some huns and gave up

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #590 on: August 23, 2012, 06:22:01 PM »
I heard several hunts began by sending some hunks, but they all got hurts by some huns and gave up

Huh? (nt)
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #591 on: August 23, 2012, 06:28:56 PM »
Although he might make some profit on some of them, if he has to dump even 20% of the sketches at low prices, it seems to me he will lose money overall. It's a strange strategy, all things considered

Yup, identical. I wish they would go back to the first style motion "cards" like in the flashback series. Those break away parts suck and who's using these for actual luggage tags? It would be fun, but it also seems like a way to scratch and possibly damage the motion card, especially since these are even thinner. I guess it wouldn't matter if you had tons of the same title.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #592 on: August 23, 2012, 06:31:09 PM »

I think the Hawaiin Punks were involved there too somehow.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #593 on: August 23, 2012, 07:13:36 PM »
It could be that he just got addicted to them.  I know a few others who succumbed to the bug at one time or another.  haha  Once you're addicted judgement and reason go out the window!

As far as cornering the market, Cargary's must have bought an incredible amount of product.  He's been the leader in golds and sketch auctions.

I've heard from 3 people that he is looking to sell. Why wouldnt he get the bug with OLDS3? He sold everything and the less desirable ones he altered to get more money for them. People can do what they want but I think this is a bad business decision. It wouldn't raise any flags until I saw he bought all the ANS9 sketches on and off eBay quickly and paid whatever the seller was asking. Cardgary tests the market with high prices and if they don't sell he will put them auction style. If he would have waited a week he could have gotten them cheaper.

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #594 on: August 24, 2012, 04:59:01 AM »
I've heard from 3 people that he is looking to sell. Why wouldnt he get the bug with OLDS3? He sold everything and the less desirable ones he altered to get more money for them. People can do what they want but I think this is a bad business decision. It wouldn't raise any flags until I saw he bought all the ANS9 sketches on and off eBay quickly and paid whatever the seller was asking. Cardgary tests the market with high prices and if they don't sell he will put them auction style. If he would have waited a week he could have gotten them cheaper.

He must have money to burn 'em "animals" - Must be Nice "& Greasy" -  :o :o

anything