Author Topic: ANS 9  (Read 189425 times)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: ANS 9
« Reply #525 on: August 12, 2012, 03:26:49 PM »
Impossible is more like it!  I resorted to slicing them on the backs, because trying to open them the traditional way without tearing them is too tough.  The wrapper material is really thin.  

Same here... resorted to a slice right under the hole.  That hole at the top makes it impossible to open the top in the traditional manner mithout making a muck of things.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #526 on: August 12, 2012, 03:30:31 PM »
Same here... resorted to a slice right under the hole.  That hole at the top makes it impossible to open the top in the traditional manner mithout making a muck of things.
try opening from the bottom instead. although going from the lower to upper pack part is still difficult to do cleanly.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #527 on: August 12, 2012, 04:48:00 PM »
try opening from the bottom instead. although going from the lower to upper pack part is still difficult to do cleanly.
Thats what I did. Opened up at the bottom first, then tried to open the mid section without bothering at all with the impossible top. Even with all that, it still had some tearing because the wrapper itself is extremely thin and the damn glue used at the crimped ends and middle is super strong.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #528 on: August 12, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »
I just did an ebay sketch search and this card showed up. It's a nice one but it doesn't fit with any series. It's basically just a commissioned art card. I wonder why Fred did one this way and not use a return stock? This one may sell for a couple hundred but on a return stock it would probably sell for around $500+

I drew a similar sketch for ANS8 that was not approved. I think that the IOU girl is off limits. Have you seen any official IOU girl sketches since OLDS2?

Offline dth1971

« Reply #529 on: August 13, 2012, 07:26:27 AM »
The box of ANS9 Wacky Packages I pre-ordered from WestfieldComics.com is slated to be shipped this week, at least half the packs from the boxes I will save for Halloween in October to give to selected trick or treaters.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #530 on: August 13, 2012, 07:40:20 AM »
I drew a similar sketch for ANS8 that was not approved. I think that the IOU girl is off limits. Have you seen any official IOU girl sketches since OLDS2?

I haven't seen one since OLDS2 but I've seen so many different characters for ANS9 that I'm not sure what characters were approved for this series. From just an outside observation it looks like just about every character could have been used.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #531 on: August 13, 2012, 08:14:58 AM »
From just an outside observation it looks like just about every character could have been used.

I happened to draw one of every wacky character from series 1 through 9 with just a few exceptions (no tobacco and alcohol - for obvious reasons). That includes the good (Eviltime), the bad (Grave Train) and the ugly (mustard charge)!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #532 on: August 13, 2012, 03:12:45 PM »
I haven't seen one since OLDS2 but I've seen so many different characters for ANS9 that I'm not sure what characters were approved for this series. From just an outside observation it looks like just about every character could have been used.

I stopped following the ANS sketch stuff, since I have never pulled one due to crazy odds, and now pack/box/case searchers). At least with OldS I am guaranteed a sketch. With ANS9 I will be satisfied with a base and chase sets (with the exception of the dumb pinks). Oh and a couple silvers. That flashy look works well on some titles, especially Pureel.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #533 on: August 14, 2012, 04:04:05 AM »
I stopped following the ANS sketch stuff, since I have never pulled one due to crazy odds, and now pack/box/case searchers). At least with OldS I am guaranteed a sketch. With ANS9 I will be satisfied with a base and chase sets (with the exception of the dumb pinks). Oh and a couple silvers. That flashy look works well on some titles, especially Pureel.

I had said the same until I just pulled an ans9 sketch a real nice one by Brett its a little piece of art
So I am hooked again btw that's after only 4 boxes not too bad
Pack searchers suck !!!!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #534 on: August 14, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »
I had said the same until I just pulled an ans9 sketch a real nice one by Brett its a little piece of art
So I am hooked again btw that's after only 4 boxes not too bad
Pack searchers suck !!!!

Talk about pack searchers suck! My Mother-In-law bought me 10 packs for my birthday, all ten packs the cards were slid up in the pack fingering position. These came from RI, 200 miles away...they have their hands in everything! Bastards

• Administrator
« Reply #535 on: August 14, 2012, 04:36:14 PM »
Talk about pack searchers suck! My Mother-In-law bought me 10 packs for my birthday, all ten packs the cards were slid up in the pack fingering position. These came from RI, 200 miles away...they have their hands in everything! Bastards
I can't believe your Mother-in-law would do that to you. Did she at least find a gold?  ;)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #536 on: August 14, 2012, 05:55:16 PM »

I tried that with one of my jumbo packs I bought. All I found out was how to wrinkle up and crease my pack. I couldn't see much besides the front and back sticker. No way could I slide up the 3rd or whichever card is key placement to see what it is. How can some mope sit there searching packs for however long it takes and no one in the store stops them?

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #537 on: August 14, 2012, 08:55:59 PM »
My one contribution to the ANS9 base set is Blazin' Bran. Although Post Raisin Bran had been Wackified at least 3 times before, the Kellogg's brand never had been. So I was happy to get this in to the series.

-- Fred

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #538 on: August 15, 2012, 08:09:04 AM »
I just noticed that the Topps Vault is auctioning off one of my paintings from ANS9, "Motion Spray" (auction number 200806943430). One thing worth mentioning is that "Hurts" tomato makes a guest appearance in the berries! You can't really see it in the sticker but here's a detail of the actual art:

« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 08:11:55 AM by koduck »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #539 on: August 15, 2012, 08:13:17 AM »
My one contribution to the ANS9 base set is Blazin' Bran. Although Post Raisin Bran had been Wackified at least 3 times before, the Kellogg's brand never had been. So I was happy to get this in to the series.

-- Fred

Grrrrrreat artwork Fred! I especially like the "Fireloggs" gag!

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #540 on: August 15, 2012, 04:22:47 PM »

-- Fred

Nice job! I had noticed that the other ones were all Post.

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #541 on: August 15, 2012, 04:24:16 PM »
I just noticed that the Topps Vault is auctioning off one of my paintings from ANS9, "Motion Spray" (auction number 200806943430). One thing worth mentioning is that "Hurts" tomato makes a guest appearance in the berries! You can't really see it in the sticker but here's a detail of the actual art:

Cool! Love it!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #542 on: August 15, 2012, 04:49:12 PM »

Thanks for pointing that out, very cool.

And thanks to Fred for posting Blazin' Bran and the rough. One of my favorite things on the forum is getting to see the roughs and artwork.

edited for crappy grammar
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 05:53:52 PM by DrSushi »

• Administrator
« Reply #543 on: August 15, 2012, 05:11:42 PM »

And thanks to Fred for posting Blazin' Bran and the rough. That's one of my favorite things on the forum is getting to see the roughs and artwork.
same sentiments here too, and the best part about it is being able to see them in their true colors. it looks like a bunch of the cards are darker than they should be for this set - which makes Blazin' Bran and others difficult to see. (or maybe my eyes are just getting old)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #544 on: August 15, 2012, 07:33:57 PM »

Since you're a doctor, I'll bet you also have terrible penmanship      ;D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #545 on: August 15, 2012, 09:07:08 PM »
same sentiments here too, and the best part about it is being able to see them in their true colors. it looks like a bunch of the cards are darker than they should be for this set - which makes Blazin' Bran and others difficult to see. (or maybe my eyes are just getting old)

That's what making art buying so inspiring. When you see the original art you will be blown away by the detail. I know I am. It amazes me that a lot of us collectors don't collect any art pieces. Some cane go high, and I know we can't all afford everything, but some go for a very fair price. Maybe it's good we don't all collect art because the prices would go crazy. I can't express how cool original art looks. I recently won the Gaggin' strips art, while it may not be my favorite piece, it looks at least 10x better in person and now I'm a proud owner. Also the grave nuts art is so much better than the limited edition card. The card is way too dark compared to the art. The art is amazing!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #546 on: August 16, 2012, 04:48:21 AM »
That's what making art buying so inspiring. When you see the original art you will be blown away by the detail. I know I am. It amazes me that a lot of us collectors don't collect any art pieces. Some cane go high, and I know we can't all afford everything, but some go for a very fair price. Maybe it's good we don't all collect art because the prices would go crazy. I can't express how cool original art looks. I recently won the Gaggin' strips art, while it may not be my favorite piece, it looks at least 10x better in person and now I'm a proud owner. Also the grave nuts art is so much better than the limited edition card. The card is way too dark compared to the art. The art is amazing!

I agree, the original art can be incredible!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #547 on: August 16, 2012, 05:43:50 AM »
Since you're a doctor, I'll bet you also have terrible penmanship      ;D

I do!

Maybe this is what it would look like if Drs. Popper, Sushi, Ono, et al. went on strike:

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #548 on: August 16, 2012, 09:34:28 AM »

And thanks to Fred for posting Blazin' Bran and the rough. One of my favorite things on the forum is getting to see the roughs and artwork.

Yeah, that Blazin' Bran artwork looks amazing and so much more dramatic than the sticker. I have some roughs I can share, but am only comparing to the sticker art.

Here's one that I originally submitted for ANS8. Brent painted the final. I really like how this one came out

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #549 on: August 16, 2012, 09:36:43 AM »
Here's another. Again, Brent with the final painting.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #550 on: August 16, 2012, 10:10:50 AM »
Hope she wears Depends.

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #551 on: August 16, 2012, 03:13:01 PM »
Here's another. Anyone know who painted this?

Offline dth1971

« Reply #552 on: August 16, 2012, 04:08:14 PM »
Hope she wears Depends.

Topps Wacky Packages ANS hasn't spoofed Depends yet!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #553 on: August 16, 2012, 04:10:19 PM »
My box of Wacky Packages ANS9 packs sent via Westfield Comics came in today's snail mail, and I decided to save 15 packs to give to the trick or treaters on Halloween in October!

When ShopTopps.com comes out with Wacky Packages poster packs, order a box of them and save them for the Halloween trick or treaters!

And I hope Wacky Packages Old School 4 comes out in October in time for the Halloween trick or treaters as well!

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #554 on: August 16, 2012, 05:12:06 PM »
I decided to save 15 packs to give to the trick or treaters on Halloween in October!

Hope you searched those packs for sketches before giving them to the little goblins!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 01:51:45 PM by BumChex »

• Administrator
« Reply #556 on: August 17, 2012, 02:17:13 PM »
nice! the bubble is filled with Bacardi, it looks like...

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #557 on: August 17, 2012, 07:25:44 PM »
Here's another rough. This was also originally submitted for ANS8 before it got accepted for 9. Brent painted the final.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #558 on: August 18, 2012, 05:43:57 PM »

Is TRU the only place that has the rack packs.

Mark,

Here's a pic of the rack pack from Hastings that I mentioned in an earlier post. Wrapper code 0-721-54-01-2.

Offline Gurgle

« Reply #559 on: August 18, 2012, 05:58:10 PM »
Another rough. I originally submitted M&M-t and it wasn't used for the last set. I thought maybe it wasn't straight forward enough so I tried this. Brent painted the final.