Author Topic: ANS 9  (Read 189439 times)

Offline Crust

Re: ANS 9
« Reply #315 on: July 26, 2012, 02:28:04 PM »
I picked up six packs today. I have to say the base cards in this set from what ive seen are pretty funny! I like the awful apps and the magnets, but im disapointed with the flash foils and will not be collecting those or the pink borders. Im also not buying the binder i think that really they are just a rip off and would rather spend that money on buying more packs of the cards too build a better set. I think Topps is starting too just make it impossible too collect evrything whihch kinda takes some of the fun away..I want a bit of a challenge in collectng thats the fun but when you get greedy and make it impossible thats when peole stop collecting so bad move by Topps i think by making these binders and adding other things

Offline Swiski

« Reply #316 on: July 26, 2012, 03:15:58 PM »
I stopped by Toys-R-Us on the way home and they had a rack packs with 24 cards in a configuration that is basically two wrappers connected together lenghtwise. No boxes, which is what I was after. Was surprised to see CEREAL KILLERS mini-cereal box trays there however. I then stopped at a Walmart and picked up a 24 pack box. No surprise that there was one pack missing and some of the cards seemed fanned out in the others.... Jeez.

I'm confused!! You found the new ANS9 cereal box sets at Toys R Us?!! I thought they were Topps Online exclusives. It even states that in red on the ordering page!! Oh well. Stranger things have happened. How much did these cost at TRU?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #317 on: July 26, 2012, 03:30:02 PM »
I'm confused!! You found the new ANS9 cereal box sets at Toys R Us?!! I thought they were Topps Online exclusives. It even states that in red on the ordering page!! Oh well. Stranger things have happened. How much did these cost at TRU?
You are confused. Re-read what he wrote.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #318 on: July 26, 2012, 03:36:21 PM »
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #319 on: July 26, 2012, 03:40:34 PM »
Forgive me again if I haven't kept up but is everyone saying there Walmart doesn't have bonus boxes?  I found several bonus boxes at a Walmart today.

The box on the left came from Walmart.  I'm pretty sure it is the same box as Target (on right), with just a little price sticker put over the pre-printed price.  Notice that the box is 1 cent cheaper at Walmart.  The loose packs I found at Walmart were also 1 cent cheaper than Target at $2.08 per pack.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #320 on: July 26, 2012, 05:09:57 PM »
Forgive me again if I haven't kept up but is everyone saying there Walmart doesn't have bonus boxes?  I found several bonus boxes at a Walmart today.

The box on the left came from Walmart.  I'm pretty sure it is the same box as Target (on right), with just a little price sticker put over the pre-printed price.  Notice that the box is 1 cent cheaper at Walmart.  The loose packs I found at Walmart were also 1 cent cheaper than Target at $2.08 per pack.

Hmmm, my packs were 1.99 at Walmart. I did mention that our two Walmarts here did not have the bonus boxes, gravity feeds or rack packs. Just the small 24 pack boxes.

I don't care for the chase card distribution in this set. I bought two boxes and only completed one full set of the Lame Games, not quite one set of the Awfuls (short one card) and only 5 of 9 lenticular tags with 4 dupes
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #321 on: July 26, 2012, 05:11:02 PM »
no, just saying no proof yet there's a different bonus card. Although I am surprised they have the same box as Target. shocking.

that's the whole deal with walmart - always 1 or 2 cents cheaper.  cheapest prices guaranteed. even if only by a penny. whatever
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 05:14:15 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #322 on: July 26, 2012, 05:58:55 PM »
that's the whole deal with walmart - always 1 or 2 cents cheaper.  cheapest prices guaranteed. even if only by a penny. whatever
[in my best Rain Man] Wal-mart sucks.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #323 on: July 26, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »
We probably would have seen the other bonus card on eBay by now if there is another.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #324 on: July 26, 2012, 07:27:17 PM »
You are confused. Re-read what he wrote.

Ugh! My bad. I'm reading too fast. It's that darn Evelyn Wood speed-reading course I've been taking.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #325 on: July 26, 2012, 07:46:36 PM »
Ugh! My bad. I'm reading too fast. It's that darn Evelyn Wood speed-reading course I've been taking.

No problem. I've been known to read only the first sentence and not the rest. Some people have called me out on it...HaHa :great:

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #326 on: July 26, 2012, 08:44:41 PM »
I don't care for the chase card distribution in this set. I bought two boxes and only completed one full set of the Lame Games, not quite one set of the Awfuls (short one card) and only 5 of 9 lenticular tags with 4 dupes

Sounds exactly like my experience with ANS8 (similar distribution).

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #327 on: July 27, 2012, 06:26:41 AM »
If you look at the sketch cards pulled so far it looks like Topps gave specific directions to artists to do a single character in close up.  As I recall Topps had asked artists to do the entire Wacky for ANS 7.  So far we've seen sketches from (Dr. Popper are you paying attention) Simko, Wheaton, Pingatore, Zapata, Engstrom, Kirscht and Parisi.  The Zapatas have been glow in the dark.

Add Smokin' Joe to the list.  These are the 9 artists I've seen so far............

Brent Engstrom
Joe Simko
Fred Wheaton
Mark Pingatore
Neil Camera
Jeff Zapata
Matt Kirscht
Mark Parisi
Smokin' Joe
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline dth1971

« Reply #328 on: July 27, 2012, 07:14:37 AM »
Regarding the ANS9 "Windy's", I noticed it features the famous 1980's Clara Peller "Where's The Beef" parody on the Wacky - Was it considered for a planned but never done Wacky Packages Old School 1980's edition series?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #329 on: July 27, 2012, 08:16:03 AM »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #330 on: July 27, 2012, 08:19:27 AM »
Please be aware that our fellow member Mr Turbo is helping out WP collectors by offering the ANS9 Cereal Box sets for twice what they can currently be purchased for at ShopTopps. He is making sure to let the public know that this limited edition product with exclusive stickers was not available to wholesalers and will not be found in any store.

Regards,  DrDeal

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #331 on: July 27, 2012, 08:54:21 AM »
Please be aware that our fellow member Mr Turbo is helping out WP collectors by offering the ANS9 Cereal Box sets for twice what they can currently be purchased for at ShopTopps. He is making sure to let the public know that this limited edition product with exclusive stickers was not available to wholesalers and will not be found in any store.

Regards,  DrDeal

Huh, I guess virtual stores (Topps Online) don't count.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #332 on: July 27, 2012, 09:05:12 AM »

Regards,  DrDeal

That's some serious profit margin!! i'm going 35% and undercutting him :] :] :] :]amazin' ;D ;D

Offline Crust

« Reply #333 on: July 27, 2012, 09:33:29 AM »
Regarding the ANS9 "Windy's", I noticed it features the famous 1980's Clara Peller "Where's The Beef" parody on the Wacky - Was it considered for a planned but never done Wacky Packages Old School 1980's edition series?

I think they put that on because earlier this year Wendys ran commercials where a guy found an old t shirt that said Wheres the Beef?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #334 on: July 27, 2012, 09:59:42 AM »

Regards,  DrDeal

See if they sell that high. If they do maybe we all need to be selling these.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #336 on: July 27, 2012, 12:43:01 PM »
speaking of pack searching do you think a big card seller would do the same thing? Looks fishy to me:
http://www.dacardworld.com/entertainment/wacky-packages-series-7-trading-card-retail-bulk-1000-pack-case

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #337 on: July 27, 2012, 02:07:48 PM »
The market for these sets just fell in the toilet.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Topps-Wacky-Packages-Series-9-ASN9-Lot-of-10-Base-Sets-1-55-/110925028216?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d3a59b78

$2.00/set is very cheap, especially this early, but not many people need 10 base sets of them.  These ANS base sets all settle @ $7.50/set anyway so there's not much margin in there. 

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #338 on: July 27, 2012, 02:23:14 PM »

I am probably not even halfway through my ANS9 boxes, but I ran into a run of a couple boxes where the pink (sorry, they're not red!) parallels didn't have any UV coating on the fronts, making them much flatter looking than the normal glossy ones.  Some sheets must have went through without that step being done.  I actually think they look pretty neat. 

I hope I have enough for a full set plus some dupes but it will be close.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #339 on: July 27, 2012, 02:40:03 PM »
I am probably not even halfway through my ANS9 boxes, but I ran into a run of a couple boxes where the pink (sorry, they're not red!) parallels didn't have any UV coating on the fronts, making them much flatter looking than the normal glossy ones.  Some sheets must have went through without that step being done.  I actually think they look pretty neat. 

I hope I have enough for a full set plus some dupes but it will be close.

I'm waiting for someone to mention the term "variation"       :-\

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #340 on: July 27, 2012, 06:21:56 PM »
Well, I am afraid the pack searchers are in Irvine, I caught a guy in probably his 40's searching packs here in Irvine. He was going through the whole gravity box, I walked up on him and he quickly left with about 6 packs in hand. Told the Target people about it and they said they would look into it., but I dont see how they can watch that all day. Frustrating to say the least. I grabbed the last bonus box and left. Be interesting to see if ant hot packs are being sold in Irvine, Ca. I would definitely say any loose packs dont bother unless you know they are all there untouched.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #341 on: July 27, 2012, 06:53:59 PM »
Well, I am afraid the pack searchers are in Irvine, I caught a guy in probably his 40's searching packs here in Irvine. He was going through the whole gravity box, I walked up on him and he quickly left with about 6 packs in hand. Told the Target people about it and they said they would look into it., but I dont see how they can watch that all day. Frustrating to say the least. I grabbed the last bonus box and left. Be interesting to see if ant hot packs are being sold in Irvine, Ca. I would definitely say any loose packs dont bother unless you know they are all there untouched.

This issue has totally ruined the fun I used to get out of killing packs and building sets myself.  Unless you buy a sealed case you have no guarantee that you're not getting searched product.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #342 on: July 27, 2012, 10:22:44 PM »
$2.00/set is very cheap, especially this early, but not many people need 10 base sets of them.  These ANS base sets all settle @ $7.50/set anyway so there's not much margin in there. 

From what I can tell is only 14 sets have sold so far. That is pretty low for a new series. Why not pay the $20 for 10 sets and sell the rest?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #343 on: July 28, 2012, 03:10:04 AM »
Thanks! I bought the 3 cereal box sets. I hope I don't regret it and find them cheaper at retail. I think Topps raised the prices on all ANS9 product across the board. The bonus box was $10.49 at Target.

I just purchased the 3 3 Box Cereal Box sets from shoptopps. By throwing in one of those 5.29 jumbo packs my total was over $50 so shipping was free. I wish they would include sketches and other chase cards in these boxes. Just including base cards bothers me.  Nevertheless, I am a cereal fan as well as a wacky fan and the bonus stickers make a very cool subset.  I wonder how many of these were made and how long they will be in the shop? The last round was available in stores and is no longer on the website. Anyone know how many sets were made of the ANS7 Cereal Boxes?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #344 on: July 28, 2012, 07:50:41 AM »
From what I can tell is only 14 sets have sold so far. That is pretty low for a new series. Why not pay the $20 for 10 sets and sell the rest?

Shipping was $19.90 so it was actually more like $4.00/set!

Plus it's a pain in the ass to sell off 9 sets.  Selling sets one by one takes a lot of time and work for a small profit.  If you have extra time on your hands maybe.

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #345 on: July 28, 2012, 08:05:15 AM »
I just purchased the 3 3 Box Cereal Box sets from shoptopps. By throwing in one of those 5.29 jumbo packs my total was over $50 so shipping was free. I wish they would include sketches and other chase cards in these boxes. Just including base cards bothers me.  Nevertheless, I am a cereal fan as well as a wacky fan and the bonus stickers make a very cool subset.  I wonder how many of these were made and how long they will be in the shop? The last round was available in stores and is no longer on the website. Anyone know how many sets were made of the ANS7 Cereal Boxes?

I bought the very same thing Dr Deal. I was also disappointed that there were no luggage tags or magnets in my three sets of cereal box trays. The only chase cards I found in mine were the Awful Apps, Lame Games, and LOTS of Pink Parallels.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #346 on: July 28, 2012, 09:06:25 AM »
I bought the very same thing Dr Deal. I was also disappointed that there were no luggage tags or magnets in my three sets of cereal box trays. The only chase cards I found in mine were the Awful Apps, Lame Games, and LOTS of Pink Parallels.

How are the ANS9 cereal bonus stickers very different from their recent ANS counterparts?  Could someone post a front and reverse?  My reasons for buying the ANS7 cereal trays included not just the neat boxes, but also getting newly printed classic cereal Wackys that would be clear and sharp (even though they messed up Cap'n Crud again).  I already have all 9 of the cereal titles in the ANS9 trays in pack fresh condition, with sharp printing, so $48 is looking pretty steep when you consider that the only other inserts in the boxes are pinks, which I don't even like.  You'd think they would at least offer the set of 3 different trays for a reduced price.

The ANS7 cereal trays also had some extra bonus stickers, and cost $1 less per tray, if I remember correctly.

I'm feeling like Topps is trying to milk me for as much as they can possibly get away with.  This has happened to me before with comic books and action figures, which I stopped collecting entirely.......

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #347 on: July 28, 2012, 10:01:53 AM »
When I go to toppsonlinestore.com and find ANS9 products, I don't see "add to cart" as an option. I see a button below the items for "ordering information" leading me to a form a and blurb telling me a representative will contact me.

I'm confused.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #348 on: July 28, 2012, 10:04:16 AM »
When I go to toppsonlinestore.com and find ANS9 products, I don't see "add to cart" as an option. I see a button below the items for "ordering information" leading me to a form a and blurb telling me a representative will contact me.

I'm confused.

I just went to shoptopps.com and there is add to cart for everything. Not sure why yours would be different?

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #349 on: July 28, 2012, 10:46:13 AM »
You see "add to cart" buttons for ANS9 here?

http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/Categories

or am I somehow on the wrong page?

anything