Author Topic: ANS 9  (Read 189463 times)

Re: ANS 9
« Reply #280 on: July 25, 2012, 03:32:38 PM »
Dear guys, i saw the series on eBay and it's sweet. Say, which ones did Mark Pingitore do, by the way?   Pauly

Just letting everyone know that ANS9 cereal boxes plus the binder & other items are available at the Topps on line store.

Offline mping82

« Reply #281 on: July 25, 2012, 04:01:52 PM »
Dear guys, i saw the series on eBay and it's sweet. Say, which ones did Mark Pingitore do, by the way?   Pauly

I did the paintings and concepts for Hells and Fig Leaf Nudetons, and the concepts for Granny Theft Auto, Hungry Hungry Hippies, and Sluggie. I picked up a few packs today at Target and enjoyed flipping through the cards. Dave and Brent did a great job on the finals for my concepts.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:16:36 PM by mping82 »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #282 on: July 25, 2012, 04:07:38 PM »
Just letting everyone know that ANS9 cereal boxes plus the binder & other items are available at the Topps on line store.

Thanks! I bought the 3 cereal box sets. I hope I don't regret it and find them cheaper at retail. I think Topps raised the prices on all ANS9 product across the board. The bonus box was $10.49 at Target.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #283 on: July 25, 2012, 04:08:54 PM »
Besides the due out in Fall Old School 4 and due in 2013 Old School 5, do you plan to be back on track if Topps gives a 2013 green light to do ANS10 of Wacky Packages, slamjim?

You are very a forward thinking fellow!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #284 on: July 25, 2012, 06:03:14 PM »
Thanks! I bought the 3 cereal box sets. I hope I don't regret it and find them cheaper at retail. I think Topps raised the prices on all ANS9 product across the board. The bonus box was $10.49 at Target.
It looks like the boxes only contain base stickers along with a bonus sticker. I may just pick up the 9 card set of bonus stickers on the bay. Anyone recall what the 9 card set went for when ANS7 came out( 6 cereal bonus and 3 web cards) ?  I think  I can do without 9 more min cereal boxes. I have the ANS7 Cereal  boxes and all of the Cereal Killers ones done to date.

Andrew

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #285 on: July 25, 2012, 06:22:59 PM »
That's a very strange site. So you have to setup an account first before you can even view pricing and such?

To be honest I've never gone through their website so I'm not sure.  I'll check it out tomorrow for the heck of it.  I know you have to have a business to get set-up with them though.     
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #286 on: July 25, 2012, 06:28:23 PM »
Could someone look at the wrapper and list what the odds are for getting:
Red parallel
silver parallel
Gold Parallel
Aweful Apps
Lame Games
Magnet
Lenticular Tag
Sketch Card

I still don't have product at my Target or Wal-Mart. I am trying to put together a master checklist and can use any help. Thanks.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #287 on: July 25, 2012, 06:53:39 PM »

I'm with you Brad, There is some possible good news I'd like to share with everyone on here, But I want to be absolutely 100 percent sure of it when I do, Sorry to sound like a Batman cliffhanger citizens-LOL.

I got 10 random packs and 1 box today at my friends comic book store, I kept the box sealed and came up 4 base singles short from the packs I opened.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #288 on: July 25, 2012, 06:59:02 PM »
The Target and Wal-Mart Stores I have been to don't have ANS9 in stock yet.

I wonder what the Wal-Mart bonus box bonus sticker will be...
I don't think wal-mart has a bonus box... Do they?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #289 on: July 25, 2012, 07:02:39 PM »
Wasn't there another type of packaging, a "rack" pack?  It seems I've seen more trading (mostly sports) cards in that sort of packaging lately.  Perhaps I'm assuming, but I thought those might contain at least one bonus card.

I stopped by Toys-R-Us on the way home and they had a rack packs with 24 cards in a configuration that is basically two wrappers connected together lenghtwise. No boxes, which is what I was after. Was surprised to see CEREAL KILLERS mini-cereal box trays there however. I then stopped at a Walmart and picked up a 24 pack box. No surprise that there was one pack missing and some of the cards seemed fanned out in the others.... Jeez.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #290 on: July 25, 2012, 07:03:58 PM »
I don't think wal-mart has a bonus box... Do they?

The Walmart I was at only had the 24 pack (small) boxes. No mention of a bonus card. No gravity feeds at this store either.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #291 on: July 25, 2012, 07:08:54 PM »
Hit Two Targets. Found a full GF and bonus boxes in Monmouth Junction NJ. Purchased the GF and a Bonus box. I will report back later on their contents.

DrDeal

Also hit Target near me thx to you guys!! Scored a GF Box only 26 packs and only one bonus box....

will also send the results - only 6 packs scored 2 magnets and one silver....plus 4 pinks , 2 lames, 2 of the other....waiting on my sketch....

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #292 on: July 25, 2012, 07:15:33 PM »
No surprise that there was one pack missing and some of the cards seemed fanned out in the others.... Jeez.

That didn't take long.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #293 on: July 25, 2012, 07:21:06 PM »
Don'tcha just love that the binders have increased in price as their extra bonus features have diminished. The binder is $20 and has just 10 of the cheaper Ultra Pro pages. Shipping to my house is around $12. YIKES!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #294 on: July 25, 2012, 07:34:27 PM »
Don'tcha just love that the binders have increased in price as their extra bonus features have diminished. The binder is $20 and has just 10 of the cheaper Ultra Pro pages. Shipping to my house is around $12. YIKES!

Note sure what the dollar amount is or if its a certain combination of items but I got free shipping when ordering a binder, and the three different mini-cereal box sets.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #295 on: July 25, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »
Note sure what the dollar amount is or if its a certain combination of items but I got free shipping when ordering a binder, and the three different mini-cereal box sets.

I think its over $50.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #296 on: July 25, 2012, 07:38:37 PM »
Yep. Greater than $50 will get you free shipping.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #297 on: July 25, 2012, 09:38:46 PM »

I don't know if I'm going to buy a binder now. I'm going to wait it out with ANS9. For some reason, obvious, I like OLDS better. The total experience is so much better. I have a case of ANS9 coming in and that wil be it. I don't care about the sketches. I'm more excited about the OLDS4 sketches.

« Reply #298 on: July 26, 2012, 04:04:11 AM »
Could someone look at the wrapper and list what the odds are for getting:
Red parallel.  Does not say
silver parallel.  1:6
Gold Parallel.    1:308
Aweful Apps.     1:3
Lame Games.  1:3
Magnet.  1:6
Lenticular Tag. 1:6
Sketch Card. 1: 471

I filled in the chart above.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 04:06:19 AM by De-Mented Tomatoes »

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #299 on: July 26, 2012, 06:53:13 AM »
Well, thanks, appreciated. I missed working on it. Huge family crisis knocked me out of the game. I did Sluggie and Thums and they used two of my old roughs Fetchers and Hell-O.

Without knowing anything - I did like those two titles...I thought they were funny - one is just like my dog...and the other, the devil, aways makes for great Wacky's... ;D ;D

Also liked...Sluggies...and FLAB

Offline quas

« Reply #300 on: July 26, 2012, 07:15:26 AM »
I don't know if I'm going to buy a binder now. I'm going to wait it out with ANS9. For some reason, obvious, I like OLDS better. The total experience is so much better. I have a case of ANS9 coming in and that wil be it. I don't care about the sketches. I'm more excited about the OLDS4 sketches.

Ditto.
Marc

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #301 on: July 26, 2012, 07:48:09 AM »
I filled in the chart above.
Cool. Thanks so much.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #302 on: July 26, 2012, 07:49:03 AM »

I am pretty far out of the loop on ANS9.  Are you guys saying that there is a new set of cereal boxes with this series?  Anybody have a pic or a link?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #303 on: July 26, 2012, 08:02:59 AM »
I am pretty far out of the loop on ANS9.  Are you guys saying that there is a new set of cereal boxes with this series?  Anybody have a pic or a link?

They are in the third row down.

http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-Wacky-Packages/Categories

Offline Crust

« Reply #304 on: July 26, 2012, 09:47:11 AM »
Looks like ceral boxes are online exclusives this time around sadly i think that was a bad move becuae kids would buy them if they saw them in stores but some kids who would be interested dont buy things like that online.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #305 on: July 26, 2012, 10:35:27 AM »
So bonus sticker wise we have B1 in the Target Bonus Box, C1-C9 in cereal boxes and do we think the Bonus Box Topps is selling may have a different Bonus Sticker?

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #306 on: July 26, 2012, 10:56:19 AM »
So bonus sticker wise we have B1 in the Target Bonus Box, C1-C9 in cereal boxes and do we think the Bonus Box Topps is selling may have a different Bonus Sticker?

They do not mention any specific Bonus card number. So it is probably the same as the Target box with Flab.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #307 on: July 26, 2012, 11:05:46 AM »

I haven't opened any ANS9 yet, but in the past I have had more fun opening the ANS series, I think mainly because the golds and sketches and such are in the packs.  Olds definitely took a step in the right direction adding the subsets in the packs, but to me at least as an "opening" experience, I like the ANS series the best. 

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #308 on: July 26, 2012, 11:11:50 AM »

I don't collect the binders anymore so I'm glad there is no bonus card with it as I would feel compelled to get one. They are just too big and never fill up all the way even if you collect the parallel's and before you know it there another binder to buy. Too expensive and wasteful. For me, making my own is the way to go.  

No longer 1.99 per pack, we aren't over that sticker shock yet and now packs are 2.09. If ANS 10 comes out, I guess we could expect 2.19 or more. One may argue that there is more in a pack, but when you open a pack and get all dupes it's an extra let down to you and your wallet
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:13:34 AM by Playbug »
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #309 on: July 26, 2012, 11:38:03 AM »
They do not mention any specific Bonus card number. So it is probably the same as the Target box with Flab.

I think you're right.  I just got my bonus boxes in from my dealer order and they look exactly like the ones on Topps, so they probably have the same bonus sticker.  Otherwise I think they would mention it being different on their site.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #310 on: July 26, 2012, 11:39:01 AM »
If you look at the sketch cards pulled so far it looks like Topps gave specific directions to artists to do a single character in close up.  As I recall Topps had asked artists to do the entire Wacky for ANS 7.  So far we've seen sketches from (Dr. Popper are you paying attention) Simko, Wheaton, Pingatore, Zapata, Engstrom, Kirscht and Parisi.  The Zapatas have been glow in the dark.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #311 on: July 26, 2012, 12:18:46 PM »
If you look at the sketch cards pulled so far it looks like Topps gave specific directions to artists to do a single character in close up.  As I recall Topps had asked artists to do the entire Wacky for ANS 7.  So far we've seen sketches from (Dr. Popper are you paying attention) Simko, Wheaton, Pingatore, Zapata, Engstrom, Kirscht and Parisi.  The Zapatas have been glow in the dark.

I'm listening!  I believe Neil Camera did sketches too so that makes 8 artists so far.  I'm glad they didn't do 131 artists like Mars Attacks! 

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #312 on: July 26, 2012, 12:49:10 PM »
The Zapatas have been glow in the dark.

It seems like it would be a little tricky to draw a sketch with glow in the dark paint. It must be similar to writing secret messages using lemon juice as invisible ink. I wonder if there is a way to scan them so the image is visible or if you have to take a photo in the dark.

Here is one on the auction block.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-WACKY-PACKAGES-SERIES-ANS-9-SKETCH-CARD-ART-ZILLA-GLOW-IN-THE-DARK-ZAPATA-/221081320490?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3379793c2a

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #313 on: July 26, 2012, 12:58:08 PM »
It seems like it would be a little tricky to draw a sketch with glow in the dark paint. It must be similar to writing secret messages using lemon juice as invisible ink. I wonder if there is a way to scan them so the image is visible or if you have to take a photo in the dark.

Here is one on the auction block.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-WACKY-PACKAGES-SERIES-ANS-9-SKETCH-CARD-ART-ZILLA-GLOW-IN-THE-DARK-ZAPATA-/221081320490?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3379793c2a

Look down further. There is a picture of the card.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #314 on: July 26, 2012, 12:59:54 PM »

So far nothing too exciting especially at the prices they are asking for. I've learned my lesson with these and won't over spend like I did with ANS7.