Author Topic: ANS 9  (Read 188211 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: ANS 9
« Reply #140 on: April 29, 2012, 11:40:56 AM »
Paul,

They got this one twice: 54 M&eMpty & 8

some are pretty funny.... ;D ;D ;D
Simple...... One is plain and one is peanut!  ;)

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2012, 05:49:37 PM »
anyone want to see the sell sheet flyer?

[expando]http://i46.tinypic.com/24n4n84.jpg[/expando]

[expando]http://i48.tinypic.com/2a7fu2u.jpg[/expando]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:57:29 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2012, 07:48:49 PM »
anyone want to see the sell sheet flyer?

[expando]http://i46.tinypic.com/24n4n84.jpg[/expando]

[expando]http://i48.tinypic.com/2a7fu2u.jpg[/expando]

Cool!  thanks for posting!  Anyone have any idea where to get one of these?

For what it's worth, I'm very happy to see the magnets back and I'm glad to see the luggage tags (though I'd prefer the 3D cards like in Flashback).  I'd be happy to reduce the number of insert sets, esp the colored ones, but I suspect those are part of what Topps feels is necessary to appeal to young collectors.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2012, 08:22:47 PM »
;D ;DGuys, get this, I got spoooooooillllleeerrrs! ;D ;D

First, some images: http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/04/wacky-packages-back-for-another-series/

Then, the predicted checklist: 2012 Topps Wacky Packages All-New Series 9 Base Set Checklist

PARALLEL CARDS: Red 1:1, additional parallels TBA.

1 Cornbutts
2 Asparagus Jacks
3 Juicy Newt
4 Letgo
5 Buzzard
6 Oscar Tyer
7 Velfeeta
8 M&eMpty
9 Combovers
10 Strawberry Shortfuse
11 Sluggie
12 Thums
13 Blazin' Bran
14 Fowlgers
15 Hubble Bubble
16 Sprout
17 Dribble 'n Spits
19 Hells
20 Weak Thins
21 Motion Spray
22 Windy's
23 Klix
24 Maxwell Louse
25 Panters
26 Lady Gag Me
27 Miracle Glo
28 Rhu-Barbie
29 Alpha Bats
30 Bulges
31 Tridon't
32 Brambles
33 Speed Stink
34 Yuck
35 Lumpables
36 Cheese Hips
37 Juicy Dropped Pop
38 Pimples
39 Bull Parts
40 Pureel
41 E.Z. Pudge
42 Stuckers
43 Cheez Wuz
44 Starburp
45 Real Dull
46 Slime Jim
47 Dr. Shell's
48 Hell-O
49 Iworry
50 Nutty Blubber
51 Hun's
52 Moose Attacks
53 Hungry Hungry Hippies
54 M&eMpty
55 Trux
2012 Topps Wacky Packages All-New Series 9 Awful App Stickers Checklist
Makes fun of leading smart phone apps.

1 of 10 Amazombie
2 of 10 Obey
3 of 10 TP Guide
4 of 10 ESP Scorecenter
5 of 10 Wickedpedia
6 of 10 Flushbook
7 of 10 Twitster
8 of 10 Doo Doo Jump
9 of 10 Words with Fiends
10 of 10 Angry Nerds
2012 Topps Wacky Packages All-New Series 9 Die-Cut Magnets Checklist

1 of 10 Campy
2 of 10 Cracked Jerk
3 of 10 Moron Salt
4 of 10 Kook-Aid
5 of 10 Crakola
6 of 10 Gatoraid
7 of 10 Krazy
8 of 10 Play-Dumb
9 of 10 Hurtz
10 of 10 Life Servers
2012 Topps Wacky Packages All-New Series 9 Die-Cut Motion Bag Tags Checklist

1 of 10 Kick Kat
2 of 10 Mrs. Blubberworth's
3 of 10 Sneez-It
4 of 10 Zilla Wafers
5 of 10 Raisin Brain
6 of 10 Crush
7 of 10 Froot Oops
8 of 10 Kreepy Kreme
9 of 10 Dr Pester
10 of 10 Franken Bury
2012 Topps Wacky Packages All-New Series 9 Lame Game Stickers Checklist
Spoofs popular video games.

1 of 10 Bubonic the Plaguehog
2 of 10 Super Mario Mothers
3 of 10 The Legend of Smelda
4 of 10 Litter Bug Planet
5 of 10 Ants Ants Revolution
6 of 10 Shock Band
7 of 10 Granny Theft Auto
8 of 10 Mass Defect
9 of 10 God of Warts
10 of 10 Hello

You're welcome, Pauly

Looking at the proposed ANS9 checklist, here are my thoughts:
1) If the "M&eMpty" twice listed is an error, and #18 not listed: Will there be 2 ANS9 base entries TBA?
2) I guess the about 5 or 6 ANS9 bonus stickers (for bonus boxes and blister packs) will be TBA as well                                                                                                                                                                       3) My guesses for the possible spoofs in ANS9 since I used to do I previously with Slamjim but because of his divorce situation, I'll do the guesses on the forum this time:
    * Buzzard - spoofing Dairy Queen Blizzard
    * Combovers - spoofing Combos
    * Blazin' Bran - spoofing Kellogg's Raisin Bran (not Post Raisin Bran)
    * Sprout - spoofing either Shout or Sprite
    * Hells - spoofing Halls
    * Windy's - spoofing Wendy's (Again? This isn't a repeat of the same ANS6 entry unless it's an error?)
    * Klix - spoofing Kix cereal
    * Lady Gag Me - spoofing a CD by Lady Gaga (this could be the first Topps Wacky Packages CD entry, remember the 2 series of Silly CD's some trading card company made circa 2001-2002?)
    * Rhu-Barbie - spoofing a Barbie doll
    * Brambles - spoofing Campbell's soup
    * Yuck - not sure, maybe it's another mispelling, but I think it's either Yucks (spoofs Tucks) or Yucky Magazine (spoofs Lucky Magazine) or Yuck E. Cheese's (spoofs Chuck E. Cheese's)
    * Pimples - spoofing Pampers diapers?
    * Bull Parts - spoofing Ball Park Franks
    * E.Z. Pudge - spoofing Keebler E.L. Fudge cookies
    * Stuckers - spoofing either Smuckers Jam or Snickers
    * Real Dull - spoofing Real Kill bug spray (This should have been considered for a Wacky Packages Old School series!)    
    * Doo Doo Jump (Awful App) - Doodle Jump
    * Words with Fiends (Awful App) - Words with Friends
    * Mass Defect (Lame Game) - not sure
    * God of Warts (Lame Game) - not sure
4) And will the backs of some ANS9 base stickers feature coupon spoofs featuring ANS8 entries?
Some final things: I like in the Beckett ANS9 preview the Sonic the Hedgehog spoof "Bubonic the Plaguehog" (it spoofs the video game rather than the Archie comic book series based on that video game), and even ANS9 will feature a spoof on the Mars Attacks trading cards called "Moose Attacks".
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 09:15:11 PM by dth1971 »

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2012, 05:54:24 AM »
and even ANS9 will feature a spoof on the Mars Attacks trading cards called "Moose Attacks".
a moose once bit my sister...

Offline Crust

« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2012, 02:23:01 PM »
Awesome!! Any word of what the packs look like? It seems maybe red? Also doo doo jump is doodle jump. I've played it once before its pretty fun!

Offline WheeljackDude

« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2012, 05:35:33 PM »
I saw "Strawberry Shortfuse" on the list. To me, that parody should've been in the Old School series, since Strawberry Shortcake (the actual product) came out in 1980.

Offline Brent Engstrom

• http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2012, 06:14:06 PM »
There's a whole new Strawberry Shortcake toy line and cartoon today.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2012, 08:57:35 PM »
There's a whole new Strawberry Shortcake toy line and cartoon today.

On the Hub channel, that is.

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2012, 05:40:34 AM »
Cool!  thanks for posting!  Anyone have any idea where to get one of these?
I thought the flyer was electronic only  - just a PDF, but they 've started showing up on eBay from cardgays

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380437354509&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_1989wt_689

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2012, 05:45:10 PM »
I thought the flyer was electronic only  - just a PDF, but they 've started showing up on eBay from cardgays

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380437354509&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_1989wt_689

Thanks!  Just bought a set.  I kinda figured he'd charge a lot as they seem to be the first on the market, but I thought his price was very fair, esp as he included two (which I always like to have so I can display both sides).

Offline dth1971

« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2012, 09:16:01 PM »
Looking at the proposed ANS9 checklist, here are my thoughts:
1) If the "M&eMpty" twice listed is an error, and #18 not listed: Will there be 2 ANS9 base entries TBA?
2) I guess the about 5 or 6 ANS9 bonus stickers (for bonus boxes and blister packs) will be TBA as well                                                                                                                                                                       3) My guesses for the possible spoofs in ANS9 since I used to do I previously with Slamjim but because of his divorce situation, I'll do the guesses on the forum this time:
    * Buzzard - spoofing Dairy Queen Blizzard
    * Combovers - spoofing Combos
    * Blazin' Bran - spoofing Kellogg's Raisin Bran (not Post Raisin Bran)
    * Sprout - spoofing either Shout or Sprite
    * Hells - spoofing Halls
    * Windy's - spoofing Wendy's (Again? This isn't a repeat of the same ANS6 entry unless it's an error?)
    * Klix - spoofing Kix cereal
    * Lady Gag Me - spoofing a CD by Lady Gaga (this could be the first Topps Wacky Packages CD entry, remember the 2 series of Silly CD's some trading card company made circa 2001-2002?)
    * Rhu-Barbie - spoofing a Barbie doll
    * Brambles - spoofing Campbell's soup
    * Yuck - not sure, maybe it's another mispelling, but I think it's either Yucks (spoofs Tucks) or Yucky Magazine (spoofs Lucky Magazine) or Yuck E. Cheese's (spoofs Chuck E. Cheese's)
    * Pimples - spoofing Pampers diapers?
    * Bull Parts - spoofing Ball Park Franks
    * E.Z. Pudge - spoofing Keebler E.L. Fudge cookies
    * Stuckers - spoofing either Smuckers Jam or Snickers
    * Real Dull - spoofing Real Kill bug spray (This should have been considered for a Wacky Packages Old School series!)    
    * Doo Doo Jump (Awful App) - Doodle Jump
    * Words with Fiends (Awful App) - Words with Friends
    * Mass Defect (Lame Game) - not sure
    * God of Warts (Lame Game) - not sure
4) And will the backs of some ANS9 base stickers feature coupon spoofs featuring ANS8 entries?
Some final things: I like in the Beckett ANS9 preview the Sonic the Hedgehog spoof "Bubonic the Plaguehog" (it spoofs the video game rather than the Archie comic book series based on that video game), and even ANS9 will feature a spoof on the Mars Attacks trading cards called "Moose Attacks".

Just modified my speculation post with the spoof/real names of Doo Doo Jump and Words with Fiends.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2012, 02:35:47 AM »
Is it July yet? I need to be able to walk into Target and pick up a Full Gravity Feed.  Speaking of Target. I guess we should be on the lookout for the "Coming Soon" insert on the top of the card section soon? I will snag one of those when I see it.

DrDeal

Offline dth1971

« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2012, 09:33:32 AM »
Is it July yet? I need to be able to walk into Target and pick up a Full Gravity Feed.  Speaking of Target. I guess we should be on the lookout for the "Coming Soon" insert on the top of the card section soon? I will snag one of those when I see it.

DrDeal

Wait 2 more months...

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2012, 10:18:37 AM »

The pre-order cut-off with the dealer orders was yesterday.  I was so sick during the week I almost missed it but I got my order in yesterday.  I have the equivalent of @ 64 boxes coming in......44 Retail, 16 Blaster (bonus) boxes, and 4 Fat-packs.  I also ordered Blister boxes but I heard Topps cancelled them so I'm not expecting that one to go through. :'(    The release date is scheduled for 07/25/12.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2012, 10:28:11 AM »
any description of the contents for the fat-packs?

I guess those ANS7 Cereal Boxes could be considered fat-packs. wonder if this is a similar concept.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2012, 10:33:49 AM »
any description of the contents for the fat-packs?

I guess those ANS7 Cereal Boxes could be considered fat-packs. wonder if this is a similar concept.

This is what the order info says...............

Each 2-pocket pack with a hanger hole, contains 18 Wacky Packages Series #9 base stickers, 3 Wacky Packages Red Parallel Card and 3 special inserts (Awful Apps, Lame Games, Wacky Flash Foil Parallel, Die-Cut Motion Card Tag or Die-Cut Magnet Card) 

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2012, 10:42:20 AM »
This is what the order info says...............

Each 2-pocket pack with a hanger hole, contains 18 Wacky Packages Series #9 base stickers, 3 Wacky Packages Red Parallel Card and 3 special inserts (Awful Apps, Lame Games, Wacky Flash Foil Parallel, Die-Cut Motion Card Tag or Die-Cut Magnet Card) 
ahh. gotcha. so it's just like all those two pocket packs I see hanging on the display posts in Target for baseball and other sports cards.

too bad about the blisters. I always liked those.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2012, 12:39:13 PM »
The pre-order cut-off with the dealer orders was yesterday.  I was so sick during the week I almost missed it but I got my order in yesterday.  I have the equivalent of @ 64 boxes coming in......44 Retail, 16 Blaster (bonus) boxes, and 4 Fat-packs.  I also ordered Blister boxes but I heard Topps cancelled them so I'm not expecting that one to go through. :'(    The release date is scheduled for 07/25/12.

Interesting.  Does that mean that there may be just one bonus sticker (from the blaster/bonus box) for this series? 

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2012, 08:25:19 PM »
ahh. gotcha. so it's just like all those two pocket packs I see hanging on the display posts in Target for baseball and other sports cards.

too bad about the blisters. I always liked those.

I think so, I think they have two separate slots and holes on top of the packs for the racks in the stores.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2012, 08:30:54 PM »
Interesting.  Does that mean that there may be just one bonus sticker (from the blaster/bonus box) for this series?  

I can't imagine just one bonus sticker, but it sounds like it's a possibility.  I should find out more on Monday when I can talk to my dealer about the blisters being cancelled, and I'll try to find out if there will be any other bonus stickers.  

I also got word that there will be golds again, with the 55-card base set.  Uhgg!  All of the parallels will be off of the 55 card base set, not a subset.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2012, 06:28:23 AM »
I can't imagine just one bonus sticker, but it sounds like it's a possibility.  I should find out more on Monday when I can talk to my dealer about the blisters being cancelled, and I'll try to find out if there will be any other bonus stickers.  

I also got word that there will be golds again, with the 55-card base set.  Uhgg!  All of the parallels will be off of the 55 card base set, not a subset.

Thanks for posting what you find out!

When you write that the parallels will be off the 55 card base set, that is what's been done with the past few series, correct?  I really haven't paid too much attention as I have pursued any of the colored bordered sets.

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2012, 07:14:28 AM »
Thanks for posting what you find out!

When you write that the parallels will be off the 55 card base set, that is what's been done with the past few series, correct?  I really haven't paid too much attention as I have pursued any of the colored bordered sets.

it's the same as was done for ANS8. With ANS7 though, the parallels were for the 20 card sub-set

I guess the 1 bonus sticker means there is only a Target box, no walmart or toysrus

Offline dth1971

« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2012, 07:45:28 AM »
So, no Walmart and Toys R Us bonus boxes, just Target, and no blister packs with bonus stickers this time for ANS9? Maybe the fat packs are replacing the blister packs and will have bonus stickers...

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2012, 07:53:39 AM »
Maybe the fat packs are replacing the blister packs and will have bonus stickers...
Doc Pop's listing shows they don't have a bonus.
it would be nice if there were some more out there. this is the fewest bonus cards ever for an ANS set. just 1.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2012, 09:12:20 AM »
So, no Walmart and Toys R Us bonus boxes, just Target, and no blister packs with bonus stickers this time for ANS9? Maybe the fat packs are replacing the blister packs and will have bonus stickers...

I'm not sure that there will be only one bonus title yet.  I'm just saying it's a possibility because there wouldn't be a B1-B3 Blister bonus cards, but there could be a Target bonus plus Toys R Us or Topps online box.  I'll try to find out on Monday.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #166 on: May 14, 2012, 12:12:57 PM »
Doc Pop's listing shows they don't have a bonus.
it would be nice if there were some more out there. this is the fewest bonus cards ever for an ANS set. just 1.

Ok, I confirmed that the blisters are definitely cancelled, and there will be one exclusive Walmart and Target bonus titles, so only 2 total for ANS9.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2012, 08:27:57 PM »
Ok, I confirmed that the blisters are definitely cancelled, and there will be one exclusive Walmart and Target bonus titles, so only 2 total for ANS9.

Too bad about the blisters; I really liked those. 

Offline dth1971

« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2012, 06:36:56 AM »

Talk about budget cuts.

Now about the ANS9 fat pack boxes....are they still a go?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2012, 08:02:31 AM »
Talk about budget cuts.

Now about the ANS9 fat pack boxes....are they still a go?

Yes, those are still a go.  This is what I think they are, basically just double-packs............

Offline quas

« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2012, 08:23:56 AM »
You guys are relentless. We are only 6 days into OLDS3 and you want more. My wallet needs to cool off a bit...LOL

Not to sound cynical, but what would we say is the average length of time between (a) release of a Topps issue that we were all so unbelievably excited about and (b) our treating that issue as washed up, a has-been, and yesterday's news because the next issue is on the horizon.  Maybe 6 to 8 weeks?

Oops, I guess that does sound pretty cynical after all............  :^)
Marc

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2012, 08:55:27 AM »
Might there be a bonus card with the binder?
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

• Administrator
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2012, 04:14:49 PM »
Might there be a bonus card with the binder?
kind of hope not.
wasn't there a lot of rage against topps when they did that for ANS7?

Offline MadMike

« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2012, 09:33:45 PM »
Not to sound cynical, but what would we say is the average length of time between (a) release of a Topps issue that we were all so unbelievably excited about and (b) our treating that issue as washed up, a has-been, and yesterday's news because the next issue is on the horizon.  Maybe 6 to 8 weeks?

Oops, I guess that does sound pretty cynical after all............  :^)

And Bingo was his Name-O...

Offline dth1971

« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2012, 06:34:15 AM »
Maybe some ANS9 packs could include a preview card for Old School series 4.

anything