Author Topic: Gary / Head & Boulders  (Read 72805 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Gary / Head & Boulders
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2012, 10:21:21 AM »
Thanks everyone for your comments. I think we do need some feedback on this because I didn't expect the donations to go this high. I'll wait to hear back from Kris.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2012, 10:28:13 AM »
Thanks everyone for your comments. I think we do need some feedback on this because I didn't expect the donations to go this high. I'll wait to hear back from Kris.

I see everyone's points and don't disagree. I do think there's something to be said for getting one or more unopened boxes to have the fun of pulling a sketch, if nothing else.

Also, this may be too much trouble, but how about reserving some of the money in order to buy Gary upcoming Wacky releases?

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2012, 01:52:09 PM »
I spoke to Gary's daughter this afternoon and she feels that a combination of cards and a check for Gary would be best.  Insurance is covering his immediate health care needs at the moment, but some extra money could be used for Gary's comfort / entertainment.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2012, 02:10:41 PM »
I spoke to Gary's daughter this afternoon and she feels that a combination of cards and a check for Gary would be best.  Insurance is covering his immediate health care needs at the moment, but some extra money could be used for Gary's comfort / entertainment.

Plus, the family is no doubt traveling frequently, using more gas than normal, and needing to buy meals while staying at the hospital, etc. Speaking from past experience, some extra money for daily incidentals helps a lot and is much appreciated under these circumstances.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2012, 03:10:23 PM »

So what's the plan? Should we send 3 boxes and a binder. The rest cash?
Is the address you listed good? I can order the boxes tomorrow. I'm traveling again on Monday so I could send a check on Wed. once we get in all the donations on Monday.
Thoughts?

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2012, 03:23:52 PM »
So what's the plan? Should we send 3 boxes and a binder. The rest cash?
Is the address you listed good? I can order the boxes tomorrow. I'm traveling again on Monday so I could send a check on Wed. once we get in all the donations on Monday.
Thoughts?

Sounds good to me.  I sent you check details in a pm.   
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2012, 03:30:30 PM »
Sounds good to me.  I sent you check details in a pm.   

I plan to send the check in a card and list everyone that donated.

Taz

« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2012, 03:48:44 PM »
Kris, if you are communicating with Sarah then perhaps she could send you a photo of Gary receiving our gift/s?

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2012, 04:00:38 PM »
Kris, if you are communicating with Sarah then perhaps she could send you a photo of Gary receiving our gift/s?

I'd be happy to ask her.  She aso mentioned she might show up here on the forum to say hi to everyone.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »
I'd be happy to ask her.  She aso mentioned she might show up here on the forum to say hi to everyone.

I went through the posts here again, but must be missing it... Is there a forum member collecting contributions? If so, can some be so kind as to put a pointer to the info?

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2012, 04:24:16 PM »
I went through the posts here again, but must be missing it... Is there a forum member collecting contributions? If so, can some be so kind as to put a pointer to the info?

There's a separate thread for donations.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline MadMike

« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2012, 04:25:09 PM »
I feel certain that all the people who donated would just like to help him out in whatever way possible.  I am sure that the right decision will be made to help him out in the best way possible.

Although I have not been around here for very long (so pardon my lack of knowledge of everyone's names), I think Bum Chex deserves a big thanks for being the point-man on arranging the opportunity to send donations.  It seems that there were so many people who took the time to think about Gary's situation and express concern.  

It makes me happy to think about how many people took the time to do such nice things.

Sue Mee, thanks for taking the time to inform the forum.  It must be mentally exhausting for you to rehash all the details to others.  You are a good friend.

Taz

« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2012, 04:31:42 PM »
Scot here's the thread:
http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=2002.0
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 04:33:26 PM by Taz »

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2012, 05:16:11 PM »
I feel certain that all the people who donated would just like to help him out in whatever way possible.  I am sure that the right decision will be made to help him out in the best way possible.

Although I have not been around here for very long (so pardon my lack of knowledge of everyone's names), I think Bum Chex deserves a big thanks for being the point-man on arranging the opportunity to send donations.  It seems that there were so many people who took the time to think about Gary's situation and express concern.  

It makes me happy to think about how many people took the time to do such nice things.

Sue Mee, thanks for taking the time to inform the forum.  It must be mentally exhausting for you to rehash all the details to others.  You are a good friend.

No problem, I don't mind doing what I can to keep folks here up to date and yes, kudos to Brad for organizing the fundraising and huge thanks to everyone getting involved.   I know Gary will really enjoy seeing the Olds III sent to him.  I hope he's able to get back on here again soon.  I really miss getting his emails with "Another one" in the subject line every time he sent one of his new Wackys for me to add to his web page. I really like his home mades.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 05:18:34 PM by Sue Mee »
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2012, 05:26:39 PM »
Scot here's the thread:
http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=2002.0

Thanks... Somehow I missed there was a separate topic. I blame it on over-50s eyes.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2012, 05:50:56 PM »
Thanks... Somehow I missed there was a separate topic. I blame it on over-50s eyes.
Bull. Then I would have missed it, too.    ;)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2012, 06:10:04 PM »

Mike, thanks for your kind words and donation. I would do this for any forum member going through this. We are all old enough to help out a brother forum member. Gary contributed a lot and has been missed.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2012, 08:54:40 PM »

Hey Brad, Just my opinion here, Whatever the donation amount is currently up to, I say half of it goes towards OS 3 and the rest in a check to help him and the family out.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2012, 10:23:40 PM »

Hey Brad, Just my opinion here, Whatever the donation amount is currently up to, I say half of it goes towards OS 3 and the rest in a check to help him and the family out.

Hey Shoe, I'm thinking the 3 boxes and the binder wil stick. The rest goes as cash. I want everyone to know that my money goes for a box..LOL

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
!
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2012, 09:27:03 AM »
I agree with Pat and Elizabeth on this, but I see Taz's point, too. Here's my thought: Why not help Gary and his family the way they'd prefer vs. making that our choice? Maybe Kris could pose these options and see what they think is the most beneficial for all?

The question is whether or not what his family wants is the same as what Gary wants.  They don't care about Wackys like we all do, so they would probably want the money. 

My thought is if we're talking a few hundred dollars.....using it on Wackys for Gary would be good, and it would let him know we're thinking about him.  If we're talking a thousand dollars or so I would say that's a lot to spend on Wackys and would probably be overkill, so maybe a split would be best.  Maybe we can all sign a card for him too, although it might take a year to travel to everyone to get it signed!     
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Sue Mee

Re: !
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2012, 10:04:51 AM »
The question is whether or not what his family wants is the same as what Gary wants.  They don't care about Wackys like we all do, so they would probably want the money.  

I'm pretty sure that they love Gary's home-mades and love his Wacky hobby and have even helped him with concepts and drawing.  Splitting the current amount (around $500) gives Gary way more Wackys than he usually spends on a given series and gives him some mad money for other entertainment/comfort items.  I guess it seems odd to me to keep hashing this out after we asked his daughter what would be best for Gary and she told us.  She's the closest to the situation and was thoughtful and contemplative before answering.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2012, 10:15:19 AM »
I think it would be great to get him some boxes of Wacky's and if he can get a somewhat substantial amount of money as well, something like $500+ then that would be great.  Some Wacky's and a little financial help.

[/quote]
Still looking for Series 17

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2012, 10:20:59 AM »
I think it would be great to get him some boxes of Wacky's and if he can get a somewhat substantial amount of money as well, something like $500+ then that would be great.  Some Wacky's and a little financial help.

Simply solution, everyone send what they want on their own.  This way the gift can be representative on what you want it to be.  This dwelling on this is really ridiculous.  This is supposed to be a gift of generosity, we are not solving the world's problems here.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2012, 10:27:37 AM »
Cards have been ordered.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2012, 12:18:38 PM »
Cards have been ordered.

Brad, thanks for doing all this!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2012, 12:23:40 PM »
Brad, thanks for doing all this!

Yes, thanks Brad!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2012, 12:29:51 PM »
Yes, thanks Brad!
Indeed, this was a great idea -- thanks for coordinating it for us!

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2012, 12:30:13 PM »
Cards have been ordered.

:whoo:
Thanks Brad! I hope Gary pulls some awesome sketches. Everybody remember that you can always send cards and letters to Gary at the hospital at any time and I'm sure that hearing from his friends will help brighten his day while he recovers and adjusts.

Kris
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2012, 12:30:57 PM »
:whoo:
Thanks Brad! I hope Gary pulls some awesome sketches. Everybody remember that you can always send cards and letters to Gary at the hospital at any time and I'm sure that hearing from his friends will help brighten his day while he recovers and adjusts.

Kris
And thanks to you Kris, for helping to work this all out!

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2012, 12:39:30 PM »
And thanks to you Kris, for helping to work this all out!

Happy to help.   
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2012, 12:44:04 PM »
Just did a quick estimate of donations and it looks like the amount is somewhere around $685.00.  How cool is that?!?
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2012, 01:07:50 PM »
Just did a quick estimate of donations and it looks like the amount is somewhere around $685.00.  How cool is that?!?

After we subtract the cost of cards the check should be over $500. Donations are still coming in. Since I can't send a check until Wed. We will keep the donations open until then.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2012, 01:11:59 PM »

I just added to that total!

After too long of a haitus (unintentional, of course!) I am glad I got back in time to join in this overwhelmingly heartfelt token of kindness and support to our wacky brother, Gary.  I heard about Gary's accident not long ago from a forum member, and have been meaning ever since to get on here and find out the details.

Kris, can you post the most recent hospital address again?  I know he has been moved at least twice, so I'd like the most recent address to send a card.

Thanks
David
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2012, 01:15:04 PM »
I just added to that total!

After too long of a haitus (unintentional, of course!) I am glad I got back in time to join in this overwhelmingly heartfelt token of kindness and support to our wacky brother, Gary.  I heard about Gary's accident not long ago from a forum member, and have been meaning ever since to get on here and find out the details.

Kris, can you post the most recent hospital address again?  I know he has been moved at least twice, so I'd like the most recent address to send a card.

Thanks
David

Hey David.  Great to see you back here on the forum.

The current address for cards and gifts is:
Gary Browning / Patient
Kindred Hospital-Dayton
1 Elizabeth Place
Room 510
Dayton, OH 45417

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2012, 02:05:03 PM »
Bull. Then I would have missed it, too.    ;)

I mean I literally have over 50 eyes... its hard to get them all to focus on the same thing. See self-potrait below.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:20:11 PM by sco(o)t »

anything