Author Topic: Series 7 Solicitation in Previews  (Read 53220 times)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: Series 7 Solicitations on ebay
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2010, 02:41:18 PM »
I doubt that will happen these days. I'd be happy if we get at least one 201x and one OldS per year, plus a couple Postcard sets.

This sounds like the perfect mix especially with ANS sets being so damn large!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Beanball

Re: Series 7 Solicitation in Previews
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2010, 02:47:16 PM »
So ANS7 is coming out on 7/7?

Topps intentionally chose that date, didn't they? :D

Seriously, pretty cool to know what the summer will bring.
If its slated to be released this week. It should be out by 7/7. NO.
LOL :]
I say Chrismas for sure. :o
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 03:08:53 PM by Beanball »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2010, 05:16:20 PM »
What happens with 2 series in 1 year? WP 2011A & WP 2011B?
you may have answered your own question - and there *won't* be 2 series in a year

although I guess they could do it like they do their baseball cards. 2010 Series 1, 2010 Series 2. And next year would be 2011 Series 1, 2011 Series 2.

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2010, 05:40:54 PM »
There are a (few) spoilers at "Dave & Adams" (cardworld) website...It looks like it's going to be another great series! I say  Bring em on!!! ;D
Do you have a link to the website?

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2010, 07:52:56 PM »
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2010, 11:07:32 AM »
DA card world is not doing retail orders, just hobby orders. Does anyone know where retail product can be ordered since Lockwood is apparently out of the picture now?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2010, 05:04:30 PM »
DA card world is not doing retail orders, just hobby orders. Does anyone know where retail product can be ordered since Lockwood is apparently out of the picture now?

Does anyone have the lowdown as to what happened with Lockwood?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2010, 05:11:47 PM »
Does anyone have the lowdown as to what happened with Lockwood?
??? I have no idea, he still has some stuff, but his invetory keeps getting smaller & smaller??? :^) ???

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2010, 08:48:38 AM »
I Just finished up my last piece for ANS2010. Back to OLDS2 next week. I hear there will be many changes to ANS2010 so what you have read on these sites is probably not accurate anymore.

Taz

« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2010, 09:07:17 AM »
I Just finished up my last piece for ANS2010. Back to OLDS2 next week. I hear there will be many changes to ANS2010 so what you have read on these sites is probably not accurate anymore.

With the basic info that's on the web about ANS2010 the one thing I wish they would change is the amount of cards for the set, 75 is just too many.  Glad to hear you are keeping busy and the hobby alive.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2010, 09:45:09 AM »

Exciting changes I hope...not more website induced crap!! that won't fly!! Kids and us old schoolr's enjoy a chase we can touch, if WOS I was any indication!! I hope thay have some cool stuff...PLS KEEP the LENTS going!! pls advise what you can??

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2010, 09:46:48 AM »

That's awesome! Now only a couple months until ANS2010 arrives to keep us busy.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2010, 09:52:31 AM »
With the basic info that's on the web about ANS2010 the one thing I wish they would change is the amount of cards for the set, 75 is just too many.  Glad to hear you are keeping busy and the hobby alive.

Depends on the quality of the 75 cards. I hope they are all good but you are right I would rather have 30 great cards than 30 good cards and 45 mediocre. I'm sure they will be fun though!

Taz

« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2010, 09:55:10 AM »
Depends on the quality of the 75 cards. I hope they are all good but you are right I would rather have 30 great cards than 30 good cards and 45 mediocre. I'm sure they will be fun though!

You have it the nail on the head, we'll see what happens but in the end a new wacky sticker in hand is better than not having one at all.

Taz

« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2010, 09:56:18 AM »
Exciting changes I hope...not more website induced crap!! that won't fly!! Kids and us old schoolr's enjoy a chase we can touch, if WOS I was any indication!! I hope thay have some cool stuff...PLS KEEP the LENTS going!! pls advise what you can??

Agreed!  Please keep the Lents going.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2010, 09:59:09 AM »
You have it the nail on the head, we'll see what happens but in the end a new wacky sticker in hand is better than not having one at all.
Definitly! I also hope they "abandon" the bonus thing they have planned w/the "web-codes" Lame! (IMO) I'll take (Bonus-Cards) every time!!! :P

Taz

« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2010, 10:07:38 AM »
Definitly! I also hope they "abandon" the bonus thing they have planned w/the "web-codes" Lame! (IMO) I'll take (Bonus-Cards) every time!!! :P

Honestly, Topps should come in here and work shop the web code thingy and see the response, who knows there is a slim chance we may actually like a new change even though we prefer card in hand.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2010, 10:47:50 AM »
I know it's 75 stickers still.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2010, 01:01:35 PM »
I know it's 75 stickers still.

when will we see a proposed list of the 75 Wacky Packages 2010 entries?

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2010, 01:14:42 PM »

I don't know about everyone else, but I would rather keep it a surprise.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2010, 01:25:01 PM »
I don't know about everyone else, but I would rather keep it a surprise.
Sounds good to me! I've always liked a suprise!!! :o

Taz

« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2010, 01:50:25 PM »
Sounds good to me! I've always liked a suprise!!! :o

Surprise...I'm with the WRS (Wacky Revenue Service) and I have been advised you must turn over your entire collection without questions asked. As far as knowing or not knowing the titles it does not really matter to me because you need the card in hand to appreciate the parody and not just the name/product itself.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 01:51:58 PM by Taz »

Taz

« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2010, 02:00:38 PM »
I just realized, I hope they carry on with the coupon backs on the ANS2010 series, I'm a fan of those!
[expando]http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc13/lps4knk/couponsposterrev1-1.jpg[/expando]

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2010, 02:58:43 PM »

Definitely by Halloween!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2010, 03:06:57 PM »
I just realized, I hope they carry on with the coupon backs on the ANS2010 series, I'm a fan of those!
[expando]http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc13/lps4knk/couponsposterrev1-1.jpg[/expando]
I like the coupon backs as well.  I've got 5 of them in my special cereal collection (so far!).

I didn't much care for the website backs, not sure why.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2010, 03:13:24 PM »
I like the coupon backs as well.  I've got 5 of them in my special cereal collection (so far!).

I didn't much care for the website backs, not sure why.
Count me in too! I've always been a fan of the "Coupon Backs" all the way back to the (91) series.

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2010, 03:17:56 PM »
Cards that open 3-D digital animation can be good or bad, depending on the soulfulness of the animator.  Here's a good one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5kfLG4c_PE

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2010, 03:27:20 PM »
Cards that open 3-D digital animation can be good or bad, depending on the soulfulness of the animator.  Here's a good one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5kfLG4c_PE
Very nice indeed Jay! I guess it would be kind of cool to see some kind of "Wacky" animation. BTW I got 1 of the books you did I got 1 of the 2 "Quaker" (sketches) it was my late Fathers (Pops) favorite title, & I think of him everytime I look at it, and wanted to personaly thank you for doing it! ;) Thank you & have a "Wacky Week" All my best...Ron

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2010, 03:31:59 PM »
Very nice indeed Jay! I guess it would be kind of cool to see some kind of "Wacky" animation. BTW I got 1 of the books you did I got 1 of the 2 "Quaker" (sketches) it was my late Fathers (Pops) favorite title, & I think of him everytime I look at it, and wanted to personaly thank you for doing it! ;) Thank you & have a "Wacky Week" All my best...Ron
Did you get to see my color Quacker sketch at the Philly show last month?  Somehow, I think you might have left before I brought that out.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2010, 03:36:28 PM »
Did you get to see my color Quacker sketch at the Philly show last month?  Somehow, I think you might have left before I brought that out.
No I did'nt Pat :-[ If you're going to the "Fall" show I sure would appreciate if you would bring it again, I would love to see it and plan on attending both days and "Hangin Out" a lot more with all of you nice people ;)

Offline Mashbox

• Drive Yourself Buggy
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2010, 06:22:37 PM »
I'll have to get my order put in within a couple of weeks. Likely going to be just one box if they aren't doing any chase cards.

Any word on whether or not there will be bonus boxes at Wal-Mart and Target, or blister packs? (And apologies if I missed it earlier in the thread.)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2010, 07:04:19 PM »
I'll have to get my order put in within a couple of weeks. Likely going to be just one box if they aren't doing any chase cards.

Any word on whether or not there will be bonus boxes at Wal-Mart and Target, or blister packs? (And apologies if I missed it earlier in the thread.)
No it has been pretty "Hush Hush" about this (New Series) 75 titles & that's about it, but now that it's almost ready to go into production I would say we will be hearing a lot more about the details real soon...I hope! :^)

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2010, 10:31:13 PM »

I believe there will be bonus boxes but don't know where.

I just saw a preliminary checklist on the web. I wont say where but if anyone want to dig around it is available.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2010, 09:04:07 AM »
I just saw a preliminary checklist on the web. I wont say where but if anyone want to dig around it is available.

There's a checklist that's out on the web that is very incomplete. It went out with the digital flyer in April. Maybe a little over half of the 75 titles had been penciled in by that point...