Author Topic: Series 7 Solicitation in Previews  (Read 53217 times)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
Re: Series 7 Solicitation in Previews
« Reply #140 on: July 04, 2010, 08:23:40 AM »
I like that cut-out box!  I have a few "real" wacky products (Camals cigarettes and Cracked Animals) that look like they are real products.  A mini box of Weakies would be an awesome one to add to that collection.  Did you print those out?  How did they look?

Thanks!
I never printed it out, so I did one just now. Not bad?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #141 on: July 04, 2010, 10:31:40 AM »
Thanks!

Not bad at all!  I was thinking they might be the size of one of those "fun size" boxes of cereal.  In other words, it would actually look like something you'd find on the grocer's shelves, at least in terms of its dimensions.  The Cracked Animals box and the Camals cigarette box look quite cool that way.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #142 on: July 04, 2010, 11:26:10 AM »
Not bad at all!  I was thinking they might be the size of one of those "fun size" boxes of cereal.  In other words, it would actually look like something you'd find on the grocer's shelves, at least in terms of its dimensions.  The Cracked Animals box and the Camals cigarette box look quite cool that way.

Yeah I wouldn't mind getting one of those Cracked Animals boxes. They looked cool.

Not sure they could do the Fun Size boxes, unless they went postcard size. That Weakies is the largest you can do with maxing the size on the card.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #143 on: July 04, 2010, 08:06:02 PM »
Thanks!

Thanks for posting the Weakies you created. I printed one out and put it together. It looks great! Fantastic job, sir. If you have any others, please post them. I would love to assemble more Wacky products.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #144 on: July 04, 2010, 10:03:58 PM »
Thanks for posting the Weakies you created. I printed one out and put it together. It looks great! Fantastic job, sir. If you have any others, please post them. I would love to assemble more Wacky products.

Glad you liked it. I don't have any others, but could do a few more in the future. Let's see what the Series 7 "cereal boxes" look like.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2010, 03:48:32 PM »
Speaking of cereal boxes, there is a Star Wars Celebration V this coming August, and there will be Star Wars cereal box spoofs handed out at collecting panels. The problem is you have to attend these panels in hopes of getting all sixteen. I'm going with some friends to this convention, but I have doubts I will get a complete set for myself. Here's a link to the news story...

http://starwars.com/fans/event_news/celebration_v_cereal_boxes/index.html

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2010, 06:41:43 PM »
Speaking of cereal boxes, there is a Star Wars Celebration V this coming August, and there will be Star Wars cereal box spoofs handed out at collecting panels. The problem is you have to attend these panels in hopes of getting all sixteen. I'm going with some friends to this convention, but I have doubts I will get a complete set for myself. Here's a link to the news story...

Cool! I hope they show up on ebay, cause I want a Troop Loops! :)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2010, 07:18:29 PM »
Anyone know if the ANS 7 August release date is still looking good?  8)
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline landoquakes

« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2010, 08:56:03 PM »
Great gag on Troop Loops too: "Look Sir, Loops!"

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2010, 03:55:46 PM »

Already discussed here:

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=426.0

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2010, 08:44:10 PM »
Anyone know if the ANS 7 August release date is still looking good?  8)

ALLLLRIGHTY then, guess no one knows, we'll just have to wait and see when this new series drought will be over.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2010, 09:03:20 PM »
ALLLLRIGHTY then, guess no one knows, we'll just have to wait and see when this new series drought will be over.

There are two series 7 threads. The SPOILER thread seems to be the really active one and it was posted that the end of August is still the release date at this time.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2010, 09:07:47 PM »
There are two series 7 threads. The SPOILER thread seems to be the really active one and it was posted that the end of August is still the release date at this time.

I know!  It's TOUGH to get the info about insert types, etc, that I want without seeing more spoiler info than I want, like sticker titles and actual pics!!!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2010, 11:18:37 AM »
I know!  It's TOUGH to get the info about insert types, etc, that I want without seeing more spoiler info than I want, like sticker titles and actual pics!!!

If it makes you feel any better, all the talk in the spoilers thread hasn't resulted in a lot of clear info (at least to me) in terms of what inserts and what ratios there will be.  It seems there's conflicting and/or incomplete info out there.  However, I'm sure you'll get that info in this thread as it becomes clear. 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2010, 03:17:49 PM »
If it makes you feel any better, all the talk in the spoilers thread hasn't resulted in a lot of clear info (at least to me) in terms of what inserts and what ratios there will be.  It seems there's conflicting and/or incomplete info out there.  However, I'm sure you'll get that info in this thread as it becomes clear. 
I've been reading the spoiler thread with my head half turned away and my hand in between me and the screen so if I see any part of a picture I can just scroll down further really fast.  And I'm zipping past the title lists, too.  I've still learned of several titles, but now at least I know what the inserts are, and that I want to order more than just the three boxes I ordered from the comic store.  I sure do miss Lockwood.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2010, 08:31:43 PM »
I sure do miss Lockwood.

Boy, I hear you on that.  I guess the silver lining is that there will be on crazy hunt in the wild for these bonus, blisters, and cereal boxes.  I can just see how many trips I'll be making to Target, Walmart, Shopko, etc in an attempt to get all these various packaging options.  However, perhaps unlike you, I'm glad I've just ordered one regular box presale from my local comic shop.  It sounds like the various other options may be a better deal.  For example, with the blisters I'll be paying the exact same amount per pack ($2) as I will from the regular box, but I'll be getting the bonus sticker as well. 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2010, 04:42:28 AM »
Boy, I hear you on that.  I guess the silver lining is that there will be on crazy hunt in the wild for these bonus, blisters, and cereal boxes.  I can just see how many trips I'll be making to Target, Walmart, Shopko, etc in an attempt to get all these various packaging options.  However, perhaps unlike you, I'm glad I've just ordered one regular box presale from my local comic shop.  It sounds like the various other options may be a better deal.  For example, with the blisters I'll be paying the exact same amount per pack ($2) as I will from the regular box, but I'll be getting the bonus sticker as well. 
I totally agree on the different packaging options - that's why I used to preorder mostly bonus blisters and bonus boxes from Lockwood, and just one or two regular boxes. 

I have no expectations of the local Walmart carrying these, which stinks.  I'll probably just have Target, and there are apparently a lot of people around here besides me who scoop up Wackys when they hit the shelf, so this is going to be a hunt for sure.

anything