Author Topic: Series 7 Solicitation in Previews  (Read 53208 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Series 7 Solicitation in Previews
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2010, 09:17:21 AM »
Below is the PDF of the brochure if you are interested

Online Liptorn

« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2010, 08:49:45 AM »
What are the inserts going to be for the ANS2010?
Anything that supposed to be a tough pull?

Taz

« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2010, 08:53:19 AM »
What are the inserts going to be for the ANS2010?
Anything that supposed to be a tough pull?

I have not heard of any news about inserts, I am hoping there are some but it looks like Topps is high on this new code per pack that unlocks virtual wackys online.

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2010, 09:50:56 AM »
I have not heard of any news about inserts, I am hoping there are some but it looks like Topps is high on this new code per pack that unlocks virtual wackys online.
Boo.

Online Liptorn

« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2010, 08:53:45 PM »

I heard the code thing was not a big hit with the sports collectors when Topps did it.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2010, 09:23:42 PM »
People should be happy with the changes I heard but there will be some very tough pulls concerning some additional changes.

Taz

« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2010, 06:06:17 AM »
People should be happy with the changes I heard but there will be some very tough pulls concerning some additional changes.

Now you have peaked my interest!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2010, 07:52:08 PM »
paging slamjim: Did you get my private message regarding entries in the Wacky Packages 2010 series preliminary checklist?

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2010, 06:03:22 AM »
paging slamjim: Did you get my private message regarding entries in the Wacky Packages 2010 series preliminary checklist?
I'LL field this one.......yes he got your PM
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2010, 06:27:23 PM »
I heard the code thing was not a big hit with the sports collectors when Topps did it.

That's not good to hear about the code thing. Jay posted a link to some animation that looked good (not Wacky's) but even at that good, if it were done with Wacky's I still do not think it would create a big craze.

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2010, 06:59:09 PM »
That's not good to hear about the code thing. Jay posted a link to some animation that looked good (not Wacky's) but even at that good, if it were done with Wacky's I still do not think it would create a big craze.

I would not worry about the codes.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2010, 08:29:56 PM »
I would not worry about the codes.

Glad to hear that.  Call me an old fool (for Old School), but I want to hold something in my hot little hands.  Well, maybe only if it's in a plastic page, but I'm sure you all understand that  ^-^

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2010, 04:45:30 AM »
Glad to hear that.  Call me an old fool (for Old School), but I want to hold something in my hot little hands.  Well, maybe only if it's in a plastic page, but I'm sure you all understand that  ^-^
I agree.  Codes would be OK as an extra, like they did with GPK, but not as a replacement for something like a lenticular.  I have my hopes up for something really cool, but I will buy enough for a bunch of base sets regardless of the inserts - I really enjoy opening Wackys and building sets, and I think I have a better chance of getting kids into them with the ANS titles.

Offline 6up

« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2010, 07:56:07 PM »
Looking over the prelim list I see Seagerms listed. Is this a spoof on Seagrams? If so, are booze and smokes going to be included again?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2010, 08:23:34 PM »
Looking over the prelim list I see Seagerms listed. Is this a spoof on Seagrams? If so, are booze and smokes going to be included again?

It's the ginger ale.

Offline 6up

« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2010, 03:24:07 PM »
It's the ginger ale.

Thanks. Guess we'll have to wait for OS2 for more of those. On a similar note, are the smoke and booze parodies still a no no for the retail sets?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2010, 06:02:29 PM »
Only in OLDS as far as I know. No retail.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2010, 06:25:28 PM »
Only in OLDS as far as I know. No retail.
At least we have those, it's better than none at all!!! :-\
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Taz

« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2010, 06:46:18 PM »
To revisit the time frame once again, ANS2010 projected August, Olds2..when?  Are we expecting 1 or 2 more postcard sets in 2010?

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2010, 04:24:29 PM »
I hope it really is released in August. That's me birtday month !!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2010, 07:26:04 PM »

Mine is this thursday...I have a doctor apointment wednsday afetrnoon after that we're all heading to the "Mountains" for a couple of days! WOO HOO!!!

Taz

« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2010, 07:46:02 PM »
Mine is this thursday...I have a doctor apointment wednsday afetrnoon after that we're all heading to the "Mountains" for a couple of days! WOO HOO!!!

Happy pre Birthday Ron!  You know what they say, "Head for the Mountains, head for BUSH....oh yeah..Beer!  Who needs the letter "C" anyways?

Taz

« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2010, 07:47:03 PM »

Mine too, on the 23rd to be exact, the potential release date of ANS2010.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2010, 10:01:19 PM »
Happy pre Birthday Ron!  You know what they say, "Head for the Mountains, head for BUSH....oh yeah..Beer!  Who needs the letter "C" anyways?
Thanks Brother! I wont be able to do all that much, but it will be nice just to get away w/the family for some peace & quiet...Ahh west & wewaxation at wast!!! LOL :]

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2010, 10:18:16 PM »
Thanks Brother! I wont be able to do all that much, but it will be nice just to get away w/the family for some peace & quiet...Ahh west & wewaxation at wast!!! LOL :]

Happy Birthday Ron! Enjoy your relaxing get-away.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2010, 01:40:11 PM »
Happy Birthday Ron! Enjoy your relaxing get-away.

Thank you John...I will!!!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2010, 05:04:02 PM »

All white, well - have a wheely wheely good time.  ;D

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2010, 08:12:32 AM »

Duh, I forgot about Bugweiser in the Postcard set (at least booze so far) so it's in them and OLDS. No retail.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2010, 12:25:29 PM »
Dave, when Topps gives you the green light, I'd love to hear more about the inserts in series 7.  I'm contemplating how many boxes to order and so am very curious.  Thanks!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2010, 12:31:20 PM »
Dave, when Topps gives you the green light, I'd love to hear more about the inserts in series 7.  I'm contemplating how many boxes to order and so am very curious.  Thanks!
I second that request!  Based upon online codes being the insert, I ordered significantly less than I did for previous series with cool magnets, lents, etc.  I'm not willing to pre-order quantities like I've done before without knowing what's included in the set.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2010, 12:40:44 PM »
I second that request!  Based upon online codes being the insert, I ordered significantly less than I did for previous series with cool magnets, lents, etc.  I'm not willing to pre-order quantities like I've done before without knowing what's included in the set.

Yeah, I also will base any pre-order on the inserts.  As of now, I've only ordered one box from my local comic shop.  The Facebook page vaguely described the inserts and I am cautiosly optimistic, but would love to get more specifics.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2010, 12:49:16 PM »
Yeah, I also will base any pre-order on the inserts.  As of now, I've only ordered one box from my local comic shop.  The Facebook page vaguely described the inserts and I am cautiosly optimistic, but would love to get more specifics.
Cool Tom, I hadn't even realized there was a series 7 Facebook page.  Here is the information about inserts that is posted there, sure makes me wonder:
There will be Wack-O-Mercials, Classics Foil cards, Cereal boxes, and other bonus cards. We will provide more info and perhaps some images as we get closer to release.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2010, 12:51:48 PM »
Cool Tom, I hadn't even realized there was a series 7 Facebook page.  Here is the information about inserts that is posted there, sure makes me wonder:
There will be Wack-O-Mercials, Classics Foil cards, Cereal boxes, and other bonus cards. We will provide more info and perhaps some images as we get closer to release.
'
Oh dear, cereal boxes.......  Now I need to rethink my whole strategy.......

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2010, 01:59:05 PM »

Cool! Remember I suggested the "cut-out" boxes in Greg's forum? I wonder if that's what the "cereal boxes" are? Here's the mock-up I made:

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #139 on: July 04, 2010, 05:58:47 AM »
Cool! Remember I suggested the "cut-out" boxes in Greg's forum? I wonder if that's what the "cereal boxes" are? Here's the mock-up I made:

I like that cut-out box!  I have a few "real" wacky products (Camals cigarettes and Cracked Animals) that look like they are real products.  A mini box of Weakies would be an awesome one to add to that collection.  Did you print those out?  How did they look?