Author Topic: Series 7 Solicitation in Previews  (Read 53218 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Series 7 Solicitation in Previews
« on: March 26, 2010, 06:44:25 PM »
from the new Previews magazine that'll be in comic shops on 3/31, there will be a solicitation for Series 7. No special ad indicated, which means no preview pics. Expected release data of 7/7. Still $2 packs.
click on the tiny, tiny image below to see the listing at a readable size
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 06:46:31 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
Re: Series 7 Solicitation in Previews
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 06:51:58 PM »
7/7/10 is my 20th wedding anniversary.  Looks like I know what I'll be getting. :)
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 06:55:35 PM »
7/7/10 is my 20th wedding anniversary.  Looks like I know what I'll be getting. :)
Congrats...I'll be celebreating my 15th in 2 weeks!
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline dth1971

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 07:09:05 PM »
No list of what entries will be in ANS7 yet, but stay tuned...

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 04:53:24 AM »
No list of what entries will be in ANS7 yet, but stay tuned...

I hope the titles and images remain a complete surprise (other than the couple images that make the wrappers/boxes/promos).  I liked not knowing what we might get when Old School was done.  Pure surprise is nice.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 05:44:07 AM »
I hope the titles and images remain a complete surprise (other than the couple images that make the wrappers/boxes/promos).  I liked not knowing what we might get when Old School was done.  Pure surprise is nice.
I feel the same way.  Hopefully the 'spoiler' feature will be a big help! 

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 10:30:03 AM »
from the new Previews magazine that'll be in comic shops on 3/31, there will be a solicitation for Series 7. No special ad indicated, which means no preview pics. Expected release data of 7/7. Still $2 packs.

Thanks for the post!  I'm glad to see it appear in Previews as that makes it more "official".  I look forward to getting details about the series, though, as others have posted, I hope most of the images will remain a mystery until I get them in my hands (though I suspect I won't be able to refrain from looking at a list of titles should one become available.

Offline Mashbox

• Drive Yourself Buggy
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 07:31:28 PM »
So ANS7 is coming out on 7/7?

Topps intentionally chose that date, didn't they? :D

Seriously, pretty cool to know what the summer will bring.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 08:40:51 PM »
Thanks for the post!  I'm glad to see it appear in Previews as that makes it more "official".  I look forward to getting details about the series, though, as others have posted, I hope most of the images will remain a mystery until I get them in my hands (though I suspect I won't be able to refrain from looking at a list of titles should one become available.
Has there ever been a list of titles published in advance of a series release besides the Flashbacks? I get why they did it for the Flashbacks because we already know them but I don't think they do it for new series releases.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 08:54:15 PM »
Has there ever been a list of titles published in advance of a series release besides the Flashbacks? I get why they did it for the Flashbacks because we already know them but I don't think they do it for new series releases.

I don't know if it's published for public consumption but I believe Greg had a preliminary checklist for some of the ANS's well in advance.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 10:47:46 PM »
Expected release date 7/7?  OK, so I know that I don't have to worry about ANS7 until October at the earliest.  Probably more like January 2011.

I hate those $2 megapacks, by the way.
 >(

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 05:19:00 AM »
I don't know if it's published for public consumption but I believe Greg had a preliminary checklist for some of the ANS's well in advance.

Greg often published the ANS title lists for public consumption on his old board.  Somehow he got ahold of prelimary checklist info and passed it on to the forum well in advance of the release of each series.

Offline BaudLight

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 09:02:57 PM »
Any word on how ANS7 will be sold?  I am hoping to see them back in the mass market stores like Target, at least, and getting back in Wal-Mart would be big.  I think having those "impulse buys" would really help the hobby.  I got back into collecting WP's when I saw some ANS4 packs at Wal-Mart and ended up buying a bonus box of them.  I have gotten most of my ANS stuff from Ebay (can you say...Lockwood?) but I probably would not have ever even known they were back without seeing them in a "big store" first. 

BaudLight

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 09:41:03 PM »
Any word on how ANS7 will be sold?  I am hoping to see them back in the mass market stores like Target, at least, and getting back in Wal-Mart would be big.  I think having those "impulse buys" would really help the hobby.  I got back into collecting WP's when I saw some ANS4 packs at Wal-Mart and ended up buying a bonus box of them.  I have gotten most of my ANS stuff from Ebay (can you say...Lockwood?) but I probably would not have ever even known they were back without seeing them in a "big store" first. 

BaudLight

ANS7 will be sold the same way all the other ANS (and FB) were sold. There was definitely never any time they would have been an online exclusive or anything. They will be in Target (and hopefully Wal-Mart as well).

I believe Lockwood is out of business now.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 08:48:00 AM »
ANS7 will be sold the same way all the other ANS (and FB) were sold. There was definitely never any time they would have been an online exclusive or anything. They will be in Target (and hopefully Wal-Mart as well).

Yes, hopefully Wal-Mart as well as Target.  I saw GPK flashback in Wal-Mart recently (only a 24 ct box), but hadn't seen them at Wal-Mart since probably ANS 5 or 6.  Target has always carried Wacky's and GPK's.  More exposure at Wal-Mart would be good for the hobby in my opinion. 

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 07:13:36 PM »

I believe Lockwood is out of business now.

Wow, if that's true, that will really change how I buy future mass-market wacky releases.  Since ANS2, I've pretty much bought all my wackys from him, with the exception of one box from my local comic shop for each series.  I'll have to find another source of inexpensive pre-orders.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 08:24:02 PM »
Wow, if that's true, that will really change how I buy future mass-market wacky releases.  Since ANS2, I've pretty much bought all my wackys from him, with the exception of one box from my local comic shop for each series.  I'll have to find another source of inexpensive pre-orders.
He (Lockwood) is still running auctions. :^)
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Buz

• Kaijuzoologist
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 11:59:30 AM »
At first I missed this, because I thought the sample image was for a card set based on that product (which could possibly work, actually), and just glanced past it. Fortunately, I was wrong, and here is what it says on page 358:

"Wacky Packages are back in this all-new jumbo series of 80 new stickers spoofing popular products such as "Restled Wrap," "Pizza Hat," and "Shake & Break." Plus, each box is bursting with fun, interactive inserts, and each pack contains 1 sticker that comes with a code card that allows collectors to redeem them online to build their own digital wacky collection. 10 stickers per pack, 24 packs per box.

Pack = $48.00 -- I'm assuming this is a typo!
"Gamera always wins!"

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 12:31:09 PM »
At first I missed this, because I thought the sample image was for a card set based on that product (which could possibly work, actually), and just glanced past it. Fortunately, I was wrong, and here is what it says on page 358:

"Wacky Packages are back in this all-new jumbo series of 80 new stickers spoofing popular products such as "Restled Wrap," "Pizza Hat," and "Shake & Break." Plus, each box is bursting with fun, interactive inserts, and each pack contains 1 sticker that comes with a code card that allows collectors to redeem them online to build their own digital wacky collection. 10 stickers per pack, 24 packs per box.

Pack = $48.00 -- I'm assuming this is a typo!

If that is what it says then most of it seems like a typo since those stickers were in series 6. I heard 55 stickers not 80.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 02:13:27 PM »
Digital Wacky Packages code cards? So Wacky homemades could be made online thanks to these special ANS7 cards!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 02:16:36 PM »
If that is what it says then most of it seems like a typo since those stickers were in series 6. I heard 55 stickers not 80.

I hope you're right about the 55, not 80, stickers per set.  Not a huge deal, but I definitely prefer the smaller sets.

I also hope that the code for a digital wacky is incorrect.  I don't really know what that means, but I know I want a tangible wacky, not one that exists only in cyberspace.  Guess I'm just old  :'(

Offline Buz

• Kaijuzoologist
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 03:58:37 PM »
Digital Wacky Packages code cards? So Wacky homemades could be made online thanks to these special ANS7 cards!
I suspect this means we would be able to "collect" "virtual" Wackys that exist only on-line, although your idea is better.
"Gamera always wins!"

Offline Buz

• Kaijuzoologist
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 04:01:54 PM »
I also hope that the code for a digital wacky is incorrect.  I don't really know what that means, but I know I want a tangible wacky, not one that exists only in cyberspace.  Guess I'm just old  :'(

I agree, because I'm old, too. This definitely seems like Topps aiming at the much younger market which is into virtual-tie-ins, like Webkinz, etc. More bang for the kids' bucks, but at only the cost of programming for Topps.
"Gamera always wins!"

Online bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 04:04:17 PM »
I hope you're right about the 55, not 80, stickers per set.  Not a huge deal, but I definitely prefer the smaller sets.

I am highly unlikely going to collect the set of it is 80, only medium on collecting a set of 55.   Not interested in sets with so many titles, waters down the set.  I will probably just buy complete sets and store away if they continue to produce ANS sets of 55 and more.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 05:03:28 PM »
I agree, because I'm old, too. This definitely seems like Topps aiming at the much younger market which is into virtual-tie-ins, like Webkinz, etc. More bang for the kids' bucks, but at only the cost of programming for Topps.

Ahh yes, let the virtual waiting begin. I'll just program my computer to wait so I don't have to.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline dth1971

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2010, 06:20:19 PM »
It's $48 for a box, and I pre-ordered the box on TFAW.com and it showed an image

S

P

O

I

L

S

P

A

C

E

A

P

R

I

L

F

O

O

L

I

S

H

N

E

S

S

The image is a GUITAR HERO spoof.

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2010, 06:38:48 PM »
here's a link to the TFAW webpage for the ANS7 blurb that has the image.
http://www.tfaw.com/More-Products/Cards/Profile/Topps-Wacky-Packages-Series-7-Sticker-Trading-Card-Box___363376

and below is the image hidden by Spoiler tags for those that want to check it out.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 07:08:04 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2010, 07:02:36 PM »
here's a link to the TFAW webpage for the ANS7 blurb that has the image.
http://www.tfaw.com/More-Products/Cards/Profile/Topps-Wacky-Packages-Series-7-Sticker-Trading-Card-Box___363376

and below is the image hidden by Spoiler tags for those that want to check it out.

[spoiler](Image removed from quote.)[/spoiler]

The spoiler tag thing here is an awesome tool.

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2010, 08:21:13 PM »
The spoiler tag thing here is an awesome tool.
yes it is...
it'd be fantastic if everyone learned how to use it

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2010, 12:59:14 AM »
yes it is...
it'd be fantastic if everyone learned how to use it
And spell it!

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2010, 05:11:00 AM »
And spell it!
[spoiler]spell "it"? Everyone knows how to spell "it". I hope...
but if you mean "hiden", (hiding? hidden?) that's a forum problem. Just like the password issue.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 06:36:58 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline dth1971

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2010, 05:41:34 AM »
I-T!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 06:39:04 PM »
Will ANS7 due out this Summer 2010 also have bonus boxes and bonus blister packs with bonus stickers?

Offline 7-Pup

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 10:02:14 AM »
 Will ANS7 have Wacky coupons on the back like ANS4, ANS5 & ANS6 had? Those were fantastic!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 04:19:12 PM »
I even pre-ordered another box of ANS7 via Westfield Comics.

anything