Author Topic: Wrapper Magazine Special Wacky Postcard Promo available now!  (Read 28983 times)

Offline NEZHEAD42

Re: Wrapper Magazine Special Wacky Postcard Promo available now!
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2012, 08:51:47 AM »
I just emailed Les at The Wrapper to see if he knew how many postcards were produced.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2012, 09:15:21 AM »
I sent Paypal gift payment so he wouldn't lose anything.
so did I

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2012, 07:02:14 PM »
Hey Neil, Loaffy Taffy looks great! Kudos on getting it placed as a Wrapper exclusive.

I submitted Loaffy for ANS8, but Topps passed at the time. Here's the rough that I sent in:

http://www.hipsteria.com/images3/postcards/loaffytaffy_rough.jpg

Hey postcard fans! A new Wacky Postcard promo and article is available in the current issue of the Wrapper magazine (#264 - January 1 through February 15)! It's a Laffy Taffy parody written by Fred Wheaton, painted by Neil Camera.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2012, 08:09:56 PM »
Neil, the postcard is great!  Thanks to you and Les for making this
available to us here, a nice New Year present!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2012, 08:22:36 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330665562658
this is a very high price that some one paid.  (I think a few would of paid this) I only paid 3.00 for mine?

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 09:12:16 PM »
this is a very high price that some one paid.  (I think a few would of paid this) I only paid 3.00 for mine?
definitely a contender for the "Are These People Nuts?" award for 2012

Offline The Collector

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2012, 04:39:47 AM »
Just got a note from Les saying that if you haven't ordered the latest Wrapper and postcards that there are still many postcards available, but he would prefer no multiple orders or repeat orders. 

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2012, 08:16:34 AM »

Wow, it's like some collectors that aren't in the loop just go crazy when they see a new item they aren't familiar with, thinking it must be super rare or something.  What a waste of money! 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Hawaiian punks

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2012, 09:31:06 AM »
 I saw that on eBay a few days ago, and have been watching it for fun, had no idea it would go for that.
As P.T. Barnum once said 'There's a sucker born every minute.'
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:34:03 AM by Hawaiian punks »

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2012, 05:20:07 AM »
I emailed Les Davis about the quantity of Loaffy Taffy that were produced. Here is his response:

"Approximately 2000...less if you count some with corner dings(thrown out). Best- Les"
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2012, 07:01:21 AM »
I just ordered my set, it pays to read from the beginning of a thread LOL. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:41:55 AM by Campy »

Offline Kook

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2012, 07:27:37 AM »
Does any one have an extra they would sell to me at a reasonable price?

It doesn't sound like it's sold out yet. for $3.50 you can get 2 postcards + the wrapper directly from the source. Just send a paypal payment to:leswrap@comcast.net  and 2 days later you'll have your postcards. He was VERY fast with the shipping for me.

Offline Hawaiian punks

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2012, 09:56:40 AM »
Just got my postcards and issue of the Wrapper, so happy with both. What a great magazine. Nice article on the Wacky postcards.
 Love the postcards! Thanks Les!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2012, 09:48:58 AM »
It doesn't sound like it's sold out yet. for $3.50 you can get 2 postcards + the wrapper directly from the source. Just send a paypal payment to:leswrap@comcast.net  and 2 days later you'll have your postcards. He was VERY fast with the shipping for me.

It's been 2 weeks and I still haven't seen mine.  I think I confused Les because I renewed my Wrapper subscription and added the extra money for the postcards on top of that payment.  I gave him a note with my paypal payment and sent him an email which he acknowledged, but after exchanging several emails with him he seemed confused.   

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2012, 09:52:55 AM »
It's been 2 weeks and I still haven't seen mine.  I think I confused Les because I renewed my Wrapper subscription and added the extra money for the postcards on top of that payment.  I gave him a note with my paypal payment and sent him an email which he acknowledged, but after exchanging several emails with him he seemed confused.   

Just send him $3 more bucks! :P

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2012, 11:52:03 AM »

Same here. Although I did receive the Wrapper issue - just no postcards. Les said he'd send it again in case it got lost. Looking forward to seeing it.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2012, 02:27:05 PM »
Love the new animation on your avatar John! :great:

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2012, 06:03:25 PM »
Love the new animation on your avatar John! :great:

Thanks. That was actually one of the first versions I did back in '04. Here's the longer version before I trimmed it down to make the file size smaller:

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2012, 09:01:08 AM »

Did you ever receive your postcard? I have not, even though Les said he'd send out another one in case mine got lost in the mail.

Get this: I had actually forgot about it till yesterday, so I wrote to him and he replied saying yes he sent out a replacement, and is wondering if I'm pulling his leg but will send out one more. He also put me on his blacklist!! I guess I can't really blame him, if he really did send out 2 others... I'm going to check with a neighbor that sometimes gets our mail mis-delivered, just in case. I replied to Les and said don't bother sending another, that I will get one from a forum member instead.

So... if anyone has an extra one to sell me, please let me know. I would at least like one in my collection.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2012, 09:23:03 AM »
Did you ever receive your postcard? I have not, even though Les said he'd send out another one in case mine got lost in the mail.

Get this: I had actually forgot about it till yesterday, so I wrote to him and he replied saying yes he sent out a replacement, and is wondering if I'm pulling his leg but will send out one more. He also put me on his blacklist!! I guess I can't really blame him, if he really did send out 2 others... I'm going to check with a neighbor that sometimes gets our mail mis-delivered, just in case. I replied to Les and said don't bother sending another, that I will get one from a forum member instead.

So... if anyone has an extra one to sell me, please let me know. I would at least like one in my collection.

Hey! Fool me once.......... ;)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2012, 10:59:57 AM »

Mine finally came in a little postcard sized envelope but had no protection around the cards so the corners got dinged up. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2012, 01:50:28 PM »
He sent mine in a plain envelope. Mine were perfect but I was nervous opening the envelope. I think he just views these as freebies so he doesn't care how they're packed.

Offline Go_Bum

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2012, 02:51:47 PM »
I received mine today as well in an envelope no bigger than the postcards. All 3 have a dinged corner. :'(

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2012, 04:10:36 PM »
He sent mine in a plain envelope. Mine were perfect but I was nervous opening the envelope. I think he just views these as freebies so he doesn't care how they're packed.

I agree, still it seemed strange to me since he knows the trading card biz.  I would have rather paid for it and had it well protected.  Fortunately mine isn't too bad.   

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2012, 06:11:22 PM »
I'm glad i'm not the only one who has had problems with the Wrapper Postcards. I wasnt going to say anything cause so many people were praising Les, that I thought I was just the exception. But as usual if it involves me, it has to be a notch higher.  Word for word...

"Hi Les,    I am writing to you about the newest WRAPPER mag and WACKY postcard promo.  I looked on your site for a listing to buy this issue and order the promo. I was unable to find that page to order. Can you please help me i would love to get a 1 year sub. and order form for the promo. Any help would be appreciated."

His reply...

"Hi Jim- You can Paypal $24 for a one year sub and I will also include (2) Wacky postcards at no charge. Paypal to my email address: leswrap@xxxx.net or call with cc numbers: 630-877-xxxx. Thanks- Les"

2 weeks later...

"Hi Les,  I received my 1st issue of my year subscription. I did not get any Postcards, are they going to be in a separate envelope?

Thanks for the help,

Jim"

Again, his reply...

"Hi James- You didn't read my announcement on p.8. However, since you subscribed in part to get the postcards, I will send 2 out tomorrow to you."

I got them a few days ago, in the same small envelope with no protection, 2 of the 4 corners are Bent!, and the kicker...they are covered in printers ink and there is no gloss. These were rejects CLEARLY! I cant help but feel Les Thinks he did me a favor by sending me this garbage after i went the extra mile and ordered the Mag for a year and not just that issue.  >:D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2012, 10:38:34 PM »
I'm glad i'm not the only one who has had problems with the Wrapper Postcards. I wasnt going to say anything cause so many people were praising Les, that I thought I was just the exception. But as usual if it involves me, it has to be a notch higher.  Word for word...

"Hi Les,    I am writing to you about the newest WRAPPER mag and WACKY postcard promo.  I looked on your site for a listing to buy this issue and order the promo. I was unable to find that page to order. Can you please help me i would love to get a 1 year sub. and order form for the promo. Any help would be appreciated."

His reply...

"Hi Jim- You can Paypal $24 for a one year sub and I will also include (2) Wacky postcards at no charge. Paypal to my email address: leswrap@xxxx.net or call with cc numbers: 630-877-xxxx. Thanks- Les"

2 weeks later...

"Hi Les,  I received my 1st issue of my year subscription. I did not get any Postcards, are they going to be in a separate envelope?

Thanks for the help,

Jim"

Again, his reply...

"Hi James- You didn't read my announcement on p.8. However, since you subscribed in part to get the postcards, I will send 2 out tomorrow to you."

I got them a few days ago, in the same small envelope with no protection, 2 of the 4 corners are Bent!, and the kicker...they are covered in printers ink and there is no gloss. These were rejects CLEARLY! I cant help but feel Les Thinks he did me a favor by sending me this garbage after i went the extra mile and ordered the Mag for a year and not just that issue.  >:D

It seems like a crap shoot. Enjoy the mag....not!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2012, 10:44:02 PM »

Interesting... It could be that Les did not anticipate the obviously overwhelming response for postcard requests.

Thanks go out to forum member sunsweat for offering me a postcard at no charge. Wacky Forum members rule!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2012, 06:06:35 AM »

His reply...

2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help,

Jim"

Again, his reply...

That's funny because I had the same exact response from him, about not reading page 8.  He kept referring to page 8 and making it sound like I wasn't following directions or something.  When I first sent him the money for the order I couldn't have been more clear about the fact that I added the extra money for the postcards, and he didn't say anything.  Very strange.  At least I know I wasn't alone in my experience!  haha

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2012, 06:19:09 AM »
That's funny because I had the same exact response from him, about not reading page 8.  He kept referring to page 8 and making it sound like I wasn't following directions or something.  When I first sent him the money for the order I couldn't have been more clear about the fact that I added the extra money for the postcards, and he didn't say anything.  Very strange.  At least I know I wasn't alone in my experience!  haha

YOU SHOULD HAVE GOT THE CARDS FROM COACH BELICHECK
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2012, 06:45:29 AM »
So does anyone know what Page 8 says?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Hawaiian punks

« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2012, 08:24:08 AM »
Wow, I sent him three dollars in an envelope, received the items in a timely manner, yes the postcards came in an envelope the same size, but in perfect condition. Maybe the cold hard cash helped.   

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2012, 09:41:44 AM »
I had no problems at all, and what does Bill Belichick have to do with anything?

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2012, 02:12:08 PM »
So does anyone know what Page 8 says?

Page 8 tells how to get the Postcards. And NO repeat orders! So do i get blacklisted for a repeat order, or do i just forget ever wanting the postcard? 

So now i have no legible postcard!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2012, 02:58:06 PM »
Page 8 tells how to get the Postcards. And NO repeat orders! So do i get blacklisted for a repeat order, or do i just forget ever wanting the postcard?  

So now i have no legible postcard!

I just got a mailing/advert today for the Wrapper with a yellow slip of paper that reads "3 Free Wacky Postcards with your $20 subscription." The advert did mention that Neil Camera will have a Wacky/Topps column. I assume that means in each upcoming issue.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2012, 03:03:11 PM »
I just got a mailing/advert today for the Wrapper with a yellow slip of paper that reads "3 Free Wacky Postcards with your $20 subscription." The advert did mention that Neil Camera will have a Wacky/Topps column. I assume that means in each upcoming issue.

Oh really?  Thats funny, cause the little piece of yellow paper i found taped inside of my issue says " If I want envelpoe service to continue i need to send 4 more bucks!  Are you kidding me!

anything