Author Topic: Newbee help needed  (Read 3630 times)

Offline panzerjunky

Newbee help needed
« on: December 26, 2011, 05:27:59 PM »
First time posting and am in need of some basic info
   I am just getting into collecting these things mostly due to my little girl wondering why I call stuffing stove glop or moms gloves her slaytex gloves ect. I am 47 years old and still remember sitting on the floor at the local liquor store with my mouth stuffed full of that pink bubble gum that came with the packs ( this was 1974 75) sifting through pack after pack with my buddy looking for that elusive missing card.
 So to explain my weird wording to my little girl I tried to look up wacky packages and to my surprise found them to be quite collectable ( wish I would have kept the 7 or 8 shoe boxes I had full of them) well now my little girl ( 11) has taken interest so here we go again.
 I see they were put back into production so my starter questions are
1. what was the final year of the original production line?
2. how many stickers only were in the entire original series?
3. when did the new series start and can you still go down to the store and buy them?
4. what do they mean on Ebay or elsewhere ANS4 ect are those the new production stickers.
5, Is there a data base that lists the original series I am a user of wacky base
 Thats all for now
Thanks in advance for the help
Jerry

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Newbee help needed
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 06:01:15 PM »
Hi Jerry, and welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of great, knowledgeable wacky fans here, all of them eager to help. Here are some short answers to your questions, although other members can offer you a lot more info:

1) 1976.
2) approx. 480 (16 series x an average of 30 stickers)
3) 2004. All New Series 8 is currently in stores, but you can usually find loose packs of previous sets.
4) "All New Series"
5) Brad (Bum Chex) can give you all the information you need regarding the wacky base.

Hope the info helps!
Koduck

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 06:07:44 PM »
a fantastic place for detailed info on all the old series is Greg Grant's site:  http://www.wackypackages.org/index.php

scroll down on that page and you'll find links to basic info and complete listings for all the original and most of the new series

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 07:08:26 PM »
a fantastic place for detailed info on all the old series is Greg Grant's site:  http://www.wackypackages.org/index.php

scroll down on that page and you'll find links to basic info and complete listings for all the original and most of the new series

And for the original series you have to hit the vintage link, which brings you into the original website.  I had someone once who missed that link and couldn't find the older series so I just thought I would mention it.

At some point it would be cool if someone did a website for all post-2004 series.  Greg has about half of thm but I think he's probably done with.

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »
And for the original series you have to hit the vintage link, which brings you into the original website.  I had someone once who missed that link and couldn't find the older series so I just thought I would mention it.

At some point it would be cool if someone did a website for all post-2004 series.  Greg has about half of thm but I think he's probably done with.

err, nope. What I posted *is* the link for the vintage stuff. I didn't post a link to his business page.

Greg's got it all up to Flashback 2, and we've got everything since then up in the Master's List. Maybe someday we'll get it all in one place again.

Offline panzerjunky

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 08:01:56 PM »
Thank for the replies
  I was a bit confused when on wacky base and when i went to ( for example ) 1974 it said something like 3300 stickers  I was sure i was misreading that.
Thanks Again
Jerry

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 09:39:37 PM »
Thank for the replies
  I was a bit confused when on wacky base and when i went to ( for example ) 1974 it said something like 3300 stickers  I was sure i was misreading that.
Thanks Again
Jerry

It actually shows 411 stickers. You also have to realize that there were different backing also.

anything