Author Topic: Itunes Gurus, help is needed!  (Read 2877 times)

Taz

Itunes Gurus, help is needed!
« on: December 06, 2011, 08:59:21 AM »
I have not noticed till my recent sync that the listed number of songs in my Itunes does not match what is synced to my Ipod.  My Itunes library shows 3555 songs but the Ipod shows 3547.  I have reset the warnings to see if any would show up on a current sync but no warnings have shown.  I know that there could be a media error in the type of file I'm trying to load but how can you tell if you do not get a warning?  Does anyone know if there is a simple way of detecting the missing songs instead of having to do a stare & glare between the Ipod and Itunes library song by song. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Itunes Gurus, help is needed!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 09:07:35 AM »
This one is over my head so you may want to do a google search. I'm sure this has come up before.
My thought is that it's only 3 songs and if you don't know which ones aren't syncing then you probably don't listen to those songs on your ipod ;)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 07:09:45 PM »
This one is over my head so you may want to do a google search. I'm sure this has come up before.
My thought is that it's only 3 songs and if you don't know which ones aren't syncing then you probably don't listen to those songs on your ipod ;)
3 songs?  How is it you get any of the football picks right?   :P
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 07:28:09 PM »
3 songs?  How is it you get any of the football picks right?   :P
OK 8 songs but it's pretty small in the grand scheme of 3500 songs. I bet he has those songs unchecked in iTunes. I swore I read 3550  :]

Taz

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 04:44:00 AM »
No, all the boxes were checked but I was able to find a solution to resolve the issue.  Thanks for your help!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 07:03:01 AM »
No, all the boxes were checked but I was able to find a solution to resolve the issue.  Thanks for your help!

What is the solution?

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 07:48:03 AM »
here's an iTunes/iPhone related question:

I'm trying to get a special ringtone as the main one on my iPhone.  I successfully converted
the file to the .m4r format (I think that's the one?) and it's sitting on my desktop, but when
I plug in my iPhone to my computer and try and transfer it through iTunes to my phone, I can't
do it. 

Any suggestions?  Muchos gracias!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 10:18:22 AM »
here's an iTunes/iPhone related question:

I'm trying to get a special ringtone as the main one on my iPhone.  I successfully converted
the file to the .m4r format (I think that's the one?) and it's sitting on my desktop, but when
I plug in my iPhone to my computer and try and transfer it through iTunes to my phone, I can't
do it. 

Any suggestions?  Muchos gracias!

I haven't done a ringtone in awhile and I can use Garageband to create them with my Mac. Garageband will export it to iTunes. I believe the song can not be longer than 30 seconds or it won't accept it. You should be able to copy it into iTunes and it should show up under tones.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 10:20:42 AM »
If I open up ringtones in iTunes, the clip is there.   It's only 3-4 seconds long,
the infamous Christian Bale shouting "Ohhh, good for you!" (LOVE that clip!)

I just can't seem to get it from ringtones to the phone, weird....

Of course, mind you, I'm a dummy with all this stuff  ;D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 10:23:05 AM »
If I open up ringtones in iTunes, the clip is there.   It's only 3-4 seconds long,
the infamous Christian Bale shouting "Ohhh, good for you!" (LOVE that clip!)

I just can't seem to get it from ringtones to the phone, weird....

Of course, mind you, I'm a dummy with all this stuff  ;D

Does it show up under tones in iTunes? Also do you have tones selected in iTunes when you connect your phone?

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 02:49:00 PM »
If I log on to iTunes and select "ringtones," the file is there.

I'm not sure if I was in "tones" when I connect the phone to the computer, will check that out!

anything