Author Topic: Garbage Pail Kids - harbinger of Wackys?  (Read 2467 times)

Offline crackedjerk

Garbage Pail Kids - harbinger of Wackys?
« on: November 19, 2011, 07:27:07 AM »
So I was reading the latest issue of Non-Sport Update magazine which had an article on GPK Flashback #3 and it brought to mind a few questions.

*Given that there are now three series of GPK Flashbacks, will Topps issue a third series of Wacky FB?  I have not idea if there is enough art left to make a third series, but based on what I read in this article, it would seem like Topps could cobble together, from various sources, enough to fill a third series.  I really enjoyed both the previous FB series and would love to see one more.

*Topps is soon releasing a series of GPK magnets.  The article didn't describe details of the set.  However, as someone who's favorite insert remains the magnets, I'd love to see a whole serires of Wacky magnets.  I wonder if there has been any talk of such a series.  Perhaps if the GPK one is a success, a Wacky version will follow.

*The main person interviewed for this article is Colin Walton, the new Editor/Director for GPK and Wackys.  I hadn't heard his name mentioned before.  Don't know if he reads this board or if anyone knows anything about him, but I would imagine he'd have at least some new ideas for the Wacky line.  I'll be curious to hear/see what his take on Wackys is/will be.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Garbage Pail Kids - harbinger of Wackys?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 09:03:14 AM »
So I was reading the latest issue of Non-Sport Update magazine which had an article on GPK Flashback #3 and it brought to mind a few questions.

*Given that there are now three series of GPK Flashbacks, will Topps issue a third series of Wacky FB?  I have not idea if there is enough art left to make a third series, but based on what I read in this article, it would seem like Topps could cobble together, from various sources, enough to fill a third series.  I really enjoyed both the previous FB series and would love to see one more.

*Topps is soon releasing a series of GPK magnets.  The article didn't describe details of the set.  However, as someone who's favorite insert remains the magnets, I'd love to see a whole serires of Wacky magnets.  I wonder if there has been any talk of such a series.  Perhaps if the GPK one is a success, a Wacky version will follow.

*The main person interviewed for this article is Colin Walton, the new Editor/Director for GPK and Wackys.  I hadn't heard his name mentioned before.  Don't know if he reads this board or if anyone knows anything about him, but I would imagine he'd have at least some new ideas for the Wacky line.  I'll be curious to hear/see what his take on Wackys is/will be.

I don't think there are a lot of people here that want to see a third Wacky FB set, but I do, simply because I LOVE having original Wacky titles to peel and stick.  There are a lot of titles that I'd really like to see reprinted in higher clarity, and be able to get cheap enough for me to actually use!  But, between issues of art scan availability and current restrictions on the actual Wacky content in mass market sets, I'm thinking there might be very few titles left to work with, and an FB3 set might not be viable.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 01:39:56 AM »

I’d like to see a Wacky FB3 if it included lents

One comment about this latest series of GPK FB3 lents – they are spectacular

I don’t know if Topps has implemented a new production process or what, but the image is incredibly crisp, with great 3D effect, and is less of a motion card and a little more like a hologram. And Topps didn’t put a single word or title or border on the cards – the image fills every square inch, like the Star Wars lents, which is really nice. I need more of that. We need lents with our sets!

How about a postcard size lent someday? Wouldn't that be something?!  :o 

Online koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 04:30:25 AM »

How about a postcard size lent someday? Wouldn't that be something?!  :o 

careful what you wish for ;)

wackadoodle

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 06:55:26 AM »

Colin Walton-is he British?  sounds it..would love to know more about him..:)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 07:54:01 AM »
careful what you wish for ;)

Wait... WHAT?!?!   I have some larger lenticulars that are roughly postcard sized from various sources. My favorite is a T-Rex that came with a special edition of JURASSIC PARK VHS years ago.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 10:29:39 AM »
Wait... WHAT?!?!   I have some larger lenticulars that are roughly postcard sized from various sources. My favorite is a T-Rex that came with a special edition of JURASSIC PARK VHS years ago.

I have a Star Trek set that's all oversized motion cards - very cool!

I'd be thrilled with any Wacky lenticulars issued, regular sized or postcard sized, and as inserts or as a set!!

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 04:58:28 PM »
As long as they are the quality of the FB2 series, I'm totally into it. Those were fantastic.  :great:

The ANS8 ones weren't as nice imo...

anything