Author Topic: Forum Members by State  (Read 86200 times)

Offline MadMike

Re: Forum Members by State
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2012, 07:09:15 PM »
Organizing the members by state is interesting:

Jean Nutty......CA
Play-Dumb......CA
Sue Mee.........CA
MadMike.........CA
Duznt.............CA
ToadallyDude...CA
Henry.R..........CA

Porkie.......CO
Bumchex...CO

Buzzooka....CT
Dr Popper...CT

70s_Kid.......FL
Ruffs..........FL
Rdsjnk........FL
hurricanes...FL

Nezhead42...GA

Hawaiian punks...HI

deadpresidentsvisa...IL
GI-TOE...................IL
Jleonard1967...........IL

Campy....IN
sco(o)t...IN

kookaid...KS

View Monster...KY

Soremel......MA
Zenergizer...MA

PG Lips......MD
Bigmuc13...MD

Taz...MI

landoquakes...MN

shotwheels.........NC
Crakola Crayons...NC

Slamjim........NJ
bigtomi........NJ
Bandaches...NJ
Billf.............NJ
Playbug.......NJ

LucidJC......................NY
RawGoo.....................NY
Monsterettes..............NY
De-mented Tomatoes...NY
Paul_Maul...................NY
RaMpB.......................NY
Final Step..................NY

Deaf Geoff............OH
HeadAndBoulders...OH

ratchet007.........PA
Playskull.............PA
Pupsi-Cola..........PA
wormypackages...PA
Neveready..........PA

Fanatical_and_Sickly...TX
BlunderBrent..............TX

jeffcaff...VT

BustedFinger...VA

RabidShaver...WI
chipereno......WI
crackedjerk....WI

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2012, 09:34:14 PM »
I would think that PA would have more, after all thats where they were made. I grew up in PA, but i had a hard time finding Wackys, even though they were made just a few miles away.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2012, 04:38:10 PM »
I would think that PA would have more, after all thats where they were made. I grew up in PA, but i had a hard time finding Wackys, even though they were made just a few miles away.
I think you answered your own question - everyone left PA because wackys were tough to find there  ;)

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2012, 07:10:32 PM »
There are plenty more of us from MA, but they're all in protective custody and
can't be identified by their real names.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2012, 08:38:50 AM »
I'm from California - and I recall my mom paying less than $1 for a full box of the die-cuts from the candy wholesaler in Chinatown! We were pretty poor, so it was a nice gesture on my mom's part that I never forgot.
Though I kept the later stickers and even some of the wacky ads, none of the die-cuts are left - not on binders or headboards or fridges!! Oh, to have that cracked animals back - even though I was about 6 I remembered that one, and so did my little brother...
Alex

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2012, 02:16:02 PM »
I'm from California - and I recall my mom paying less than $1 for a full box of the die-cuts from the candy wholesaler in Chinatown! We were pretty poor, so it was a nice gesture on my mom's part that I never forgot.
Though I kept the later stickers and even some of the wacky ads, none of the die-cuts are left - not on binders or headboards or fridges!! Oh, to have that cracked animals back - even though I was about 6 I remembered that one, and so did my little brother...
Alex

Cool... chalk one more up for sunny CA!  That puts us in a dead heat with NY for an all-out East-West battle!  The great thing about collecting Wackys in CA is that they never got rained on, snowed on, or smell like mold when you find them in the attic (well, unless you live at the beach or store them with moldy books from NY.)  (heh... just trying to start somethin').  But in actuality, CA got gypped a bit when it came to the sheer numbers of Wackys released, and the test markets.  We DID get the yellow-pack test posters, but I never saw any of the other test material, or even die-cuts, for that matter.  They were before my time, but not even the older kids had those.  Wacky Ads, yes, but not the dies.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2012, 10:43:38 PM »
Cool... chalk one more up for sunny CA!  That puts us in a dead heat with NY for an all-out East-West battle!  The great thing about collecting Wackys in CA is that they never got rained on, snowed on, or smell like mold when you find them in the attic (well, unless you live at the beach or store them with moldy books from NY.)  (heh... just trying to start somethin').  But in actuality, CA got gypped a bit when it came to the sheer numbers of Wackys released, and the test markets.  We DID get the yellow-pack test posters, but I never saw any of the other test material, or even die-cuts, for that matter.  They were before my time, but not even the older kids had those.  Wacky Ads, yes, but not the dies.

As late as 1969 or about 5th grade, I had a classmate tell me that she and her brother had so many diecuts she didn't know what to do with them  :] She saw my wacky ads that had the first series reprinted in smaller sizes.
I didn't see another original die cut until the 1980s when a small store in Berkeley that specialized in vintage toys had a small stack for sale - I traded my sticker wackys for the entire stack at 5 cards to 1 per  - I was so excited to see them again!
I never saw a Ludlow back in the bay area until I found several at a garage sale in the 90s - but the person living there may have been a transplant from elsewhere...got them for 5c each, and a few weeks later, diecuts for 10c each at the old Marin City Flea Market...
Alex

Offline MadMike

« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2012, 11:46:51 PM »
Cool story Alexeirex!  Thanks for sharing!  I love hearing stories about collecting wackies as a kid.

I remember when I was a kid collecting wackies and I would ride my bike to every 7-11 store and buy all they had.  I did not consider my journey to each store to be very far, but sometimes I would travel about 7 miles one way to get those stickers.  I would bring every coin in my bank with me too.

I couldn't imagine a kid these days riding their bike even a mile without calling their parents and asking them to pick them up because they were tired.  LOL.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2012, 10:25:34 AM »
Cool story Alexeirex!  Thanks for sharing!  I love hearing stories about collecting wackies as a kid.

I remember when I was a kid collecting wackies and I would ride my bike to every 7-11 store and buy all they had.  I did not consider my journey to each store to be very far, but sometimes I would travel about 7 miles one way to get those stickers.  I would bring every coin in my bank with me too.

I couldn't imagine a kid these days riding their bike even a mile without calling their parents and asking them to pick them up because they were tired.  LOL.

You hit the nail on the head, man.  Working at a college, one can see the gradual 'de-evolution' (Ah, Devo... cool band) of society right before their eyes.  I don't know if it's because of social media, texting, TV, or what; but on average, the 20yo's now have the same maturity level, resourcefulness, and sense of independence that we did at 10.  Maybe less, actually.  Lazy & "entitled" to everything just because they want it, but don't feel like working for it.  So many don't even know how to use a map!  Seriously.  A map.  This time, though, the change is not "generational".  Every generation in history has had that, "kids these days!", moment.  But that's not it.  Everyone from 5 to 55 seems to have de-evolved at the same time.  And it's the random people who hung on tight to SOMETHING from the past (anything... Wackys, candy, StarWars, TV shows) that seemed to have skirted this trend of Idiocracy (funny movie!).  I guess it keeps us grounded in what was good about pre-Y2K/911 America.  Like intelligence, quality entertainment, individualism, respect, hard work, outdoor travel & exercise (not on a Wii), oh... and Wacky Packages, of course.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #114 on: December 24, 2012, 07:57:38 PM »
Not sure where to post this, but has anyone been in contact with Plastered Peanut aka David?  I haven't
heard from him in quite a while and was just getting a bit worried....

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: December 25, 2012, 03:06:32 AM »
Not sure where to post this, but has anyone been in contact with Plastered Peanut aka David?  I haven't

I sent him a message about the holiday comic book, and heard back from him that he just hasn't had as much time as he'd like to spend on the forum.  Maybe we'll see him back when Old School 4 ships and the pack cracking begins.

Offline REDdimension

• Anal-retentive Completist Dork
« Reply #116 on: December 26, 2012, 04:25:28 AM »
Do we have a spot on the Forum for each state the  members live in, if not how would that sound if we had a city & state list sfor example I am in Fla . Any thoughts ? Thanks!

You can add me to your list.

REDdimension: Jacksonville, FL

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #117 on: December 26, 2012, 04:55:14 AM »
                                                     quote author=REDdimension link=topic=1753.msg53316#msg53316 date=1356524728
                                            I'm from Joliet,Illinois..................where gacy was put to death                                            Lance
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2012, 09:51:03 AM »
Not sure where to post this, but has anyone been in contact with Plastered Peanut aka David?  I haven't

Is that Caudle?  I thought I remembered someone saying he'd gotten out of the hobby a while back.  But I could have mixed that up with someone else.  But as I know too well... you're never permanently out of Wackys.  They have a way of drawing you back in.

Offline MadMike

« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2012, 11:06:37 AM »

Jean Nutty......CA
Play-Dumb......CA
Sue Mee.........CA
MadMike.........CA
Duznt.............CA
ToadallyDude...CA
Henry.R..........CA

Porkie.......CO
Bumchex...CO

Buzzooka....CT
Dr Popper...CT

70s_Kid...........FL
Ruffs..............FL
Rdsjnk............FL
hurricanes.......FL
REDdimension...FL

Nezhead42...GA

Hawaiian punks...HI

deadpresidentsvisa...IL

Campy....IN
sco(o)t...IN

kookaid...KS

View Monster...KY

Soremel......MA
Zenergizer...MA

PG Lips......MD
Bigmuc13...MD

Taz...MI

landoquakes...MN

shotwheels.........NC
Crakola Crayons...NC

Slamjim........NJ
bigtomi........NJ
Bandaches...NJ
Billf.............NJ
Playbug.......NJ

De-mented Tomatoes...NY

Deaf Geoff............OH
HeadAndBoulders...OH

ratchet007.........PA
Playskull.............PA
Pupsi-Cola..........PA
wormypackages...PA
Neveready..........PA

jeffcaff...VT

BustedFinger...VA

RabidShaver...WI
chipereno......WI
crackedjerk....WI

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2012, 11:15:45 AM »

Jean Nutty......CA
Play-Dumb......CA
Sue Mee.........CA
MadMike.........CA
Duznt.............CA
ToadallyDude...CA
Henry.R..........CA

Porkie.......CO
Bumchex...CO

Buzzooka....CT
Dr Popper...CT

70s_Kid...........FL
Ruffs..............FL
Rdsjnk............FL
hurricanes.......FL
REDdimension...FL

Nezhead42...GA

Hawaiian punks...HI

deadpresidentsvisa...IL

Campy....IN
sco(o)t...IN

kookaid...KS

View Monster...KY

Soremel......MA
Zenergizer...MA

PG Lips......MD
Bigmuc13...MD

Taz...MI

landoquakes...MN

shotwheels.........NC
Crakola Crayons...NC

Slamjim........NJ
bigtomi........NJ
Bandaches...NJ
Billf.............NJ
Playbug.......NJ

De-mented Tomatoes...NY

Deaf Geoff............OH
HeadAndBoulders...OH

ratchet007.........PA
Playskull.............PA
Pupsi-Cola..........PA
wormypackages...PA
Neveready..........PA

jeffcaff...VT

BustedFinger...VA

RabidShaver...WI
chipereno......WI
crackedjerk....WI

I wonder why we only have about half the states represented... The east coast and midwest are covered pretty well.  Except for Florida, Texas and California, we are missing a big chunk of the southern and western states. Maybe parody is not their bag. 
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2013, 05:41:55 PM »
I wonder why we only have about half the states represented... The east coast and midwest are covered pretty well.  Except for Florida, Texas and California, we are missing a big chunk of the southern and western states. Maybe parody is not their bag.  

Those must be the "serious" states. Wonder if there is a correlation when voting? They may be the conservative states.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Stingline

« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2013, 07:18:14 AM »
I've wanted to chime in somewhere and introduce myself, but hadn't found a thread that seemed appropriate. I moved to Ohio last January after 15 years in NC. I grew up in Michigan and had put my Wacky collecting on hold all those years. Maybe it was the frigid weather that drew me back to warm evenings indoors spent with my collection, but I restarted with ANS 8 and have started working on my OS collection as well. I am looking forward to the May Philly show since I am closer now and have plenty of gaps to fill.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2013, 08:11:34 AM »
I've wanted to chime in somewhere and introduce myself, but hadn't found a thread that seemed appropriate. I moved to Ohio last January after 15 years in NC. I grew up in Michigan and had put my Wacky collecting on hold all those years. Maybe it was the frigid weather that drew me back to warm evenings indoors spent with my collection, but I restarted with ANS 8 and have started working on my OS collection as well. I am looking forward to the May Philly show since I am closer now and have plenty of gaps to fill.

Welcome!  Maybe we'll meet at the next show.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2013, 08:13:13 AM »

Welcome back to the Wacky insanity! I'll most likely be meeting you in person at the Spring Philly Show!

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »
I wonder why we only have about half the states represented... The east coast and midwest are covered pretty well.  Except for Florida, Texas and California, we are missing a big chunk of the southern and western states. Maybe parody is not their bag. 

Yah, I've done a lot of traveling, and somehow I don't see UT and OR being big on Wackys.  But the lack of AZ and NV on the list is VERY surprising!  Especially with the abundance of pawn shops in Vegas.  They must be rolling in Wackys there!  (Hey... any of the other CA's from "The OC"?)

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2013, 04:06:22 PM »
List Updated....

Jean Nutty......CA
Play-Dumb......CA
Sue Mee.........CA
MadMike.........CA
Duznt.............CA
ToadallyDude...CA
Henry.R..........CA

Porkie.......CO
Bumchex...CO

Buzzooka....CT
Dr Popper...CT

70s_Kid...........FL
Ruffs..............FL
Rdsjnk............FL
hurricanes.......FL
REDdimension...FL
BRUTE_88.......FL

Nezhead42........GA
Moron Chicken...GA
Battleball..........GA

Hawaiian punks...HI

deadpresidentsvisa...IL

Campy....IN
sco(o)t...IN

kookaid...KS

View Monster...KY

Soremel......MA
Zenergizer...MA

PG Lips......MD
Bigmuc13...MD

Taz...MI

landoquakes...MN

shotwheels.........NC
Crakola Crayons...NC

Slamjim........NJ
bigtomi........NJ
Bandaches...NJ
Billf.............NJ
Playbug.......NJ

De-mented Tomatoes...NY

Deaf Geoff............OH
HeadAndBoulders...OH

ratchet007.........PA
Playskull.............PA
Pupsi-Cola..........PA
wormypackages...PA
Neveready..........PA

jeffcaff...VT

BustedFinger...VA

RabidShaver...WI
chipereno......WI
crackedjerk....WI

[/quote]

Offline Mashbox

• Drive Yourself Buggy
« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2013, 07:40:53 PM »
Added my info... which means we have another state on the list!

List Updated....

Jean Nutty......CA
Play-Dumb......CA
Sue Mee.........CA
MadMike.........CA
Duznt.............CA
ToadallyDude...CA
Henry.R..........CA

Porkie.......CO
Bumchex...CO

Buzzooka....CT
Dr Popper...CT

70s_Kid...........FL
Ruffs..............FL
Rdsjnk............FL
hurricanes.......FL
REDdimension...FL
BRUTE_88.......FL

Nezhead42........GA
Moron Chicken...GA
Battleball..........GA

Hawaiian punks...HI

deadpresidentsvisa...IL

Campy....IN
sco(o)t...IN

kookaid...KS

View Monster...KY

Soremel......MA
Zenergizer...MA

PG Lips......MD
Bigmuc13...MD

Taz...MI

landoquakes...MN

shotwheels.........NC
Crakola Crayons...NC

Slamjim........NJ
bigtomi........NJ
Bandaches...NJ
Billf.............NJ
Playbug.......NJ

Mashbox.......NM

De-mented Tomatoes...NY

Deaf Geoff............OH
HeadAndBoulders...OH

ratchet007.........PA
Playskull.............PA
Pupsi-Cola..........PA
wormypackages...PA
Neveready..........PA

jeffcaff...VT

BustedFinger...VA

RabidShaver...WI
chipereno......WI
crackedjerk....WI

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2013, 08:05:21 PM »
If I counted right, there are 62 on that list. We surpassed 1 per state at least, I think there are some missing from this list because it seems there are more members on this forum (I think).

Offline Wgblood

« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2013, 05:31:24 AM »
Another member from MN here. 

Have been a member for over a year but have yet to post.  Since I'm new to get back in to Wacky collecting I have few nuggets of info to add to most conversations.  I just want to say thanks to all that do post regularly as you have made it a lot easier for me to get back into collecting.  I can't believe how much you guys know.  Thanks!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2013, 07:51:53 AM »
Another member from MN here. 

Have been a member for over a year but have yet to post.  Since I'm new to get back in to Wacky collecting I have few nuggets of info to add to most conversations.  I just want to say thanks to all that do post regularly as you have made it a lot easier for me to get back into collecting.  I can't believe how much you guys know.  Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! Ask away!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2013, 11:28:30 AM »
I can't believe how much you guys know.
I think you'll find that a lot of us are wise guys. LOL

Welcome!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2013, 01:35:23 PM »

Welcome!

And he doesn't mean the mafiaso types, kapeesh?  Youse feels nice and welcomes.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2013, 02:50:10 PM »

Welcome!

Hey, I resemble that remark, nyuck! nyuck!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2013, 05:26:24 PM »
kapeesh?
Scot, couldn't help looking up "kapeesh" and found this web page. Knew it didn't look right, but I would've spelled it "capice"...just as incorrect. Interesting that there is no K in Italian. Wonder if that's like "no I in team"?

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/capeesh.html

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2013, 06:29:37 PM »
Scot, couldn't help looking up "kapeesh" and found this web page. Knew it didn't look right, but I would've spelled it "capice"...just as incorrect. Interesting that there is no K in Italian. Wonder if that's like "no I in team"?

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/capeesh.html

Oh great, more proof I am uncool. As if I needed more than my 21 year old daughter and 20 year old son telling me so almost daily. I am going to go play with my little parody trading cards now.  :sad:

Those crazy Italians and their no "k"s. I come from German stock where we have about 5 different letters that make the k sound... At least. *

* some items reported as "facts" in this post may be total bull hooey.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #136 on: February 06, 2013, 10:37:37 PM »
Oh great, more proof I am uncool. As if I needed more than my 21 year old daughter and 20 year old son telling me so almost daily. I am going to go play with my little parody trading cards now.  :sad:

Those crazy Italians and their no "k"s. I come from German stock where we have about 5 different letters that make the k sound... At least. *

* some items reported as "facts" in this post may be total bull hooey.

Pronounced Kooey ........................       
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline FotoPaulPEZ

• We are the Knights who say Nee
    • Paul's Place of PEZ
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2013, 04:12:03 PM »
Please add me to the list

FotopaulPEZ - Ogden, UT

« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2013, 06:44:26 PM »
jersey here   >:D

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2013, 11:40:33 AM »
Yah, I've done a lot of traveling, and somehow I don't see UT and OR being big on Wackys.  But the lack of AZ and NV on the list is VERY surprising!  Especially with the abundance of pawn shops in Vegas.  They must be rolling in Wackys there!  (Hey... any of the other CA's from "The OC"?)

Flew to Milwaukee from the "OC" yesterday .....temp 72.......layover in Bumchex Colorodo -- snowing...and had to be de-iced.......then back to 85 degree Milwaukee.....weird!

anything