Author Topic: Wacky Packages Comics NOW AVAILABLE on shoptopps.com  (Read 24026 times)

Offline Ruffs

Re: Wacky Packages Comics NOW AVAILABLE on shoptopps.com
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2011, 07:05:03 PM »
John did the animation on mine as well.  The orange background comes from the webpage that Kris Jeter created for my homemade wackys.
Your animation turned out great also, John K is the man

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2011, 07:09:33 PM »
Your animation turned out great also, John K is the man
He sure is.

Offline Plastered Peanut

Re: Wacky Packages Comic available on shoptopps.com
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2011, 07:57:10 PM »
Hmmm, I am sure I can dig around in other threads to find this, but it is easier just to ask:  what are the TWO philly promos?  I know one is a Baby Wrath postcard...
What was the other promo besides Baby Wrath?
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
Re: Wacky Packages Comic available on shoptopps.com
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2011, 08:07:16 PM »
What was the other promo besides Baby Wrath?

I think it was a Mr. Babble Old School 3 promo card.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2011, 08:58:38 PM »
I ordered 2 copies of it - One for myself and one to mail to a friend at Christmas.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2011, 10:39:05 PM »
He sure is.

Thanks, but "Rebel Jet" made yours. I made your original one, but Rebel Jet revised it.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 10:42:09 PM »
Thanks, but "Rebel Jet" made yours. I made your original one, but Rebel Jet revised it.

It was actually me who revised it when I put together Gary's original Wacky site.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline RaMpB

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2011, 06:04:55 AM »
I'll go in with you ernie if you still need a patner

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2011, 06:10:56 AM »
Hey Thanks Alot, Believe it or not thats my last name with no S & spelled diferently. When that Postcard came out I had to grab that as my handle.

That is a nice avatar!  Very pleasing to the eye.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2011, 02:54:34 PM »
He sure is.

John is awesome !! He created mine too !  :great:
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2011, 03:59:11 PM »
I'll go in with you ernie if you still need a patner
Sorry dude, in a subsequent post, I mentioned I had partnered up with someone already doing this.  I will go back and edit my post.  Sorry about that.  I imagine some others would be interested in starting a new "quad" group!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2011, 04:01:44 PM »
Wacky Comics?!?  I guess I've been away too long......
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2011, 04:05:34 PM »
Wacky Comics?!?  I guess I've been away too long......
not really - Issue #1 just came out this past weekend - and it was a total surprise to everyone
 they are still available in the Topps Store too

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2011, 05:24:19 PM »
Wacky Comics?!?  I guess I've been away too long......

I'm starting to think this completest strategy may be a young mans game...LOL
there are so many different pieces its hard to assemble everything or keep track of everything. I have stuff all over my office that still needs to be organized.
It's hard to keep up.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2011, 06:22:02 PM »
there are so many different pieces its hard to assemble everything or keep track of everything. I have stuff all over my office that still needs to be organized.
It's hard to keep up.
I've been saying this forever.  It's impossible to keep up anymore.  I too have all sorts of random unorganized Wacky stuff lying around.  And I haven't even started ANS8 or either of the eraser sets!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2011, 07:23:06 PM »
I've been saying this forever.  It's impossible to keep up anymore.  I too have all sorts of random unorganized Wacky stuff lying around.  And I haven't even started ANS8 or either of the eraser sets!

I think the only way to realistically collect the new series is to set parameters and not try to get everything.  I am a "2-D" collector so it eliminates anything that doesn't lay flat, but even then there's still a ton to collect!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2011, 10:19:27 PM »
It's hard to keep up.

I wasn't going to buy the 2 eraser display boxes, but when I saw them at Target today, they looked so nice I ended up buying one of each. I'm a sucker for cool looking display items.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2011, 08:24:04 PM »
I wasn't going to buy the 2 eraser display boxes, but when I saw them at Target today, they looked so nice I ended up buying one of each. I'm a sucker for cool looking display items.

I got the Tall GF Series 2 Eraser box from Target with the blister erasure. No prob. with da cashier either. Of course I also bought other Wacky items too. :great:

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2011, 08:34:24 PM »

In all seriousness, just the other day I thought to myself that I'm lucky I'm not 10 in this "second age" of Wackys, because when I was 10, it only took 5 cents to buy a pack of wackys.  The kids today are faced with an impossible task of spending the money the we 40-50 year-olds can afford to spend on these new wackys, chasing ever-increasing-odds on the "chasers" (thank God we didn't have those in the 70's).  I just really feel sorry for the kids today who are into wackys....it takes so much more money these days to collect wackys than it did when we were kids.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2011, 09:00:20 PM »
In all seriousness, just the other day I thought to myself that I'm lucky I'm not 10 in this "second age" of Wackys, because when I was 10, it only took 5 cents to buy a pack of wackys.  The kids today are faced with an impossible task of spending the money the we 40-50 year-olds can afford to spend on these new wackys, chasing ever-increasing-odds on the "chasers" (thank God we didn't have those in the 70's).  I just really feel sorry for the kids today who are into wackys....it takes so much more money these days to collect wackys than it did when we were kids.

I'm with you. Just dropped $60 on four Holiday Packs and although I enjoyed it, I'm regretting it a bit now. $60 was a lot for what I got.

But at least now I get to trade for some WP Erasers 2.  :great:

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2011, 02:37:49 AM »

The kids I got hooked on Wackys aren't worried at all about the parallels.  If they're building a 'base' set, they want one of each number, and their set may include some pinks and silvers.  I'm gonna have a problem if one of them ever shows me a base set that's got a gold in it  :o

They seem to like the inserts, but they're not going after those like they are the stickers.  I figure it's because they're used to not being able to "collect 'em all." 

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2011, 08:23:40 AM »
I got the Tall GF Series 2 Eraser box from Target with the blister erasure. No prob. with da cashier either. Of course I also bought other Wacky items too. :great:

I saw a Tall eraser s2 gravity feed at Target the other day, but it was the kind without full color graphics (just the front sticker). Is there a full color Tall eraser s2 gravity feed available? I've seen the short full color ones, but would like a tall one. If anyone has an empty one for sale let me know.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2011, 11:55:04 AM »
I'm with you. Just dropped $60 on four Holiday Packs and although I enjoyed it, I'm regretting it a bit now. $60 was a lot for what I got.

But at least now I get to trade for some WP Erasers 2.  :great:

I think I'm done buying multiples of stuff. I like to have one for my collection and others to trade or sell later. It's just building up to be too much. It's also getting expensive to chase after everything. I just spent $40 for the 2 bio cards I'm missing. If Topps allowed us to purchase 4 sets I could have traded for the 2 bio's I needed and got another sketch for the same price.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2011, 12:03:42 PM »
I saw a Tall eraser s2 gravity feed at Target the other day, but it was the kind without full color graphics (just the front sticker). Is there a full color Tall eraser s2 gravity feed available? I've seen the short full color ones, but would like a tall one. If anyone has an empty one for sale let me know.

I'll post my pic.s of my display (similar to yours) later tonight. It includes that box. BTW, anyone out there - I need the other Short one!

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2011, 12:16:19 PM »

True Dat!! That's why my daughter goes with me to the shows and we collect together..both OS and ANSy...even the die cuts...she is into ART...

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2011, 03:52:42 PM »
Is there a full color Tall eraser s2 gravity feed available? I've seen the short full color ones, but would like a tall one. If anyone has an empty one for sale let me know.
It's very doubtful there's one with full wraparound graphics on a tall box. That style has only been for the Dollar Tree $1 packs for ANS7 and ANS8, and no one's seen any $1 packs for either eraser set.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2011, 03:58:35 PM »
It's very doubtful there's one with full wraparound graphics on a tall box. That style has only been for the Dollar Tree $1 packs for ANS7 and ANS8, and no one's seen any $1 packs for either eraser set.

Bummer. The generic ones look kinda hokey.

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2011, 04:05:08 PM »
Bummer. The generic ones look kinda hokey.

yeah, I'm not a fan of those plain jane red-brown boxes either.
maybe excel got tired of people taking all their cool looking boxes, so they started making them ugly

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2011, 04:44:06 PM »
I got the Jay Lynch comic from Topps today. They included one of the Chicago Weakies art postcards and the OLDS2 promo "Sue Mee". Wish I had gotten a Baby Wrath postcard. Also, the comic is hand numbered (610/650), but it is not signed by Jay. There is a place for a signature, but no signature. I guess he missed signing this one. Oh well.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2011, 05:22:41 PM »
yeah, I'm not a fan of those plain jane red-brown boxes either.
maybe excel got tired of people taking all their cool looking boxes, so they started making them ugly

Funny this should come up, I asked Mike at Topps about this very thing. He said that Target requested that type of box and they wouldnt accept an other gravity feed. Even he said it was stupid but had no choice but to give them what they "Target" wanted.

By the way, J. Zapata was the designer of the full wrap. I do think its one of the nicer ones.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 05:27:14 PM by lucidjc »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2011, 09:28:57 PM »
Funny this should come up, I asked Mike at Topps about this very thing. He said that Target requested that type of box and they wouldnt accept an other gravity feed. Even he said it was stupid but had no choice but to give them what they "Target" wanted.

By the way, F. Zapata was the designer of the full wrap. I do think its one of the nicer ones.

I really figured this to be a case of conveinence for the manufacturer. It seemed to me, seeing other G.F.s with the same black and maroon sides and back, that the product advertisement was just "filled-in" on the front in some way. I would of never thought it to be a special request from a seller. That is really weird. I wonder why such and odd request from Target?

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2011, 06:16:48 AM »

By the way, F. Zapata was the designer of the full wrap. I do think its one of the nicer ones.

Well then its a good thing I got the FB1,FB2,Ans7 & Ans8 from Target already..those are really nice..

Then the Short Eraser Gravity Feed in blue for S2 is the only one with wrap around graphics?? There is only one gravity feed with the 'Croak' eraser in the front right??

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2011, 06:52:19 AM »
Well then its a good thing I got the FB1,FB2,Ans7 & Ans8 from Target already..those are really nice..

Then the Short Eraser Gravity Feed in blue for S2 is the only one with wrap around graphics?? There is only one gravity feed with the 'Croak' eraser in the front right??

not sure what you mean by 'it's a good thing'?
it sounds like Target forced the change of graphics that occurred starting with the FB2 feeds to make them uglier by getting rid of the full wrap image.
I can still look back fondly on the FB1 and earlier boxes though.
and walmart and dollar trees have them, so they are completely gone

with the erasers, both the target and walmart feeds have that little bubble on the front with a Croak inside

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2011, 11:51:27 AM »
I got the Jay Lynch comic from Topps today. They included one of the Chicago Weakies art postcards and the OLDS2 promo "Sue Mee". Wish I had gotten a Baby Wrath postcard.

When it comes to what Topps throws in the box, it's like an extra bonus because you never know what you will find. This time they sent the Weakies postcard along with the TS1 bonus card. Nice little extra.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2011, 02:12:20 PM »
Still not an excuse for tha shipping topps charges.

I thought these would run out quicker. I can't believe they are still avialable. :o

anything