Author Topic: Wacky Packages Comics NOW AVAILABLE on shoptopps.com  (Read 24001 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Wacky Packages Comics NOW AVAILABLE on shoptopps.com
« on: October 24, 2011, 09:28:02 AM »
10/24/11

The new Wacky Packages Comic is now live (12:30 EST) for $10!

http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-875/Wacky-Packages-Comics-No./Detail
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:47:43 AM by koduck »

Offline crackedjerk

Re: Wacky Packages Comic available on shoptopps.com
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 09:45:05 AM »
http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-875/Wacky-Packages-Comics-No./Detail

Thanks for the heads-up, Neil!  I just placed my order.  What a banner couple weeks it's been!  Well, other than I'm still working to get the two Wacky promos from the Philly show...

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 09:55:17 AM »

Just purchased mine, thanks for tha thread. On a side note tha shipping on topps online is ridiculous.

I agree about the shipping, though I'm very happy I got one of the comics.  It would have been nice, and it would be nice if the following could be done in the future, if the postcards and comics could go on sale simultanously and we could all save on shipping by ordering them together.

Offline Swiski

Re: Wacky Packages Comics NOW AVAILABLE on shoptopps.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 10:31:16 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up! I'm amazed they are allowing 4 per person. These will sell out quickly. I hope everyone gets one. If not, I ordered two just in case someone here misses out and wants the share the shipping cost with me.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 11:31:19 AM »
I ordered extra also if someone missed out
(and I don't charge 50.00 like they do on Ebay) >(
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 02:47:58 PM by jleonard1967 »

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 11:47:51 AM »
Got mine thanks to a ping from Duznt! I pinged a couple of people too.

Neil: maybe you could send out a notice to the postcard email list?

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 12:06:49 PM »
Got mine too and agree about the shipping.  I think the shipping is outrageous.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 12:12:43 PM »
Got mine too and agree about the shipping.  I think the shipping is outrageous.

No kidding.  I paid $10.41......   Ouch!
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 12:16:40 PM »

You paid almost a dollar more than I did.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 12:17:53 PM »

Plus waiting a week to get it... I'm still waiting for my Halloween postcard set!

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 12:24:38 PM »
Plus waiting a week to get it... I'm still waiting for my Halloween postcard set!

For $55.00 shipping I could have had it here tomorrow.  lol!
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 12:45:28 PM »

For $55.00 shipping I could have had it here tomorrow.  lol!

Taking a page out of Brad's book????

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 03:26:51 PM »
I refuse to pay that shipping charge especially given that we watched UPS toss my HPC 2011 box from my yard to my steps so the side of the box is crushed yet it is marked "fragile".  Since I didn't hire UPS and pay them directly for the delivery, it appears I have no basis to complain to them.  I am not going to waste my time contacting Topps but I sure as hell am not going to pay $10 UPS standard delivery charges for a $10 item.

Anyone want to go in on a lot of 4?  I believe shipping will still be around $10.  I will then ship to the other three folks for the $4 it should cost.  Net savings per person will only be around $4 but we need to stop enriching UPS with bad service and stop encouraging Topps to use a subpar shipping service.

Edit: I found another group of 4 to join so I am good here.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:00:19 PM by bandaches »
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 03:42:45 PM »
I refuse to pay that shipping charge especially given that we watched UPS toss my HPC 2011 box from my yard to my steps so the side of the box is crushed yet it is marked "fragile".  Since I didn't hire UPS and pay them directly for the delivery, it appears I have no basis to complain to them.  I am not going to waste my time contacting Topps but I sure as hell am not going to pay $10 UPS standard delivery charges for a $10 item.

Anyone want to go in on a lot of 4?  I believe shipping will still be around $10.  I will then ship to the other three folks for the $4 it should cost.  Net savings per person will only be around $4 but we need to stop enriching UPS with bad service and stop encouraging Topps to use a subpar shipping service.
I just got locked in to a lot of 4 that was already trying to do the same thing I suggested above.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 03:54:45 PM »
I refuse to pay that shipping charge especially given that we watched UPS toss my HPC 2011 box from my yard to my steps so the side of the box is crushed yet it is marked "fragile".  Since I didn't hire UPS and pay them directly for the delivery, it appears I have no basis to complain to them.  I am not going to waste my time contacting Topps but I sure as hell am not going to pay $10 UPS standard delivery charges for a $10 item.

Anyone want to go in on a lot of 4?  I believe shipping will still be around $10.  I will then ship to the other three folks for the $4 it should cost.  Net savings per person will only be around $4 but we need to stop enriching UPS with bad service and stop encouraging Topps to use a subpar shipping service.

I agree that $10.00 for that item is too high. I wonder what the shipping actually costs Topps?  Most business' that ship a lot of stuff will add a handling and packaging fee to like 20-30% or so which is fine, but that should only be a couple bucks at the most on this one.

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 03:59:51 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up, Neil!  I just placed my order.  What a banner couple weeks it's been!  Well, other than I'm still working to get the two Wacky promos from the Philly show...
Hmmm, I am sure I can dig around in other threads to find this, but it is easier just to ask:  what are the TWO philly promos?  I know one is a Baby Wrath postcard...
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 04:01:34 PM »
I agree that $10.00 for that item is too high. I wonder what the shipping actually costs Topps?  Most business' that ship a lot of stuff will add a handling and packaging fee to like 20-30% or so which is fine, but that should only be a couple bucks at the most on this one.

And isn't there a super duper low cost mailing for anything "media"?  Especially books, reading material...
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 04:02:36 PM »
....  we watched UPS toss my HPC 2011 box from my yard to my steps so the side of the box is crushed yet it is marked "fragile".

The exact same thing happened here.  Our UPS driver (let's call him "Freddie") always throws boxes marked "fragile" at our doorstep.... he really hates bending to set things down.  The driver we used to have for nearly 8 years (let's call him "Jimbo") was the best... he'd go out of his way to provide good service and he always got a nice bottle of  tequila at Christmas time.

(names have not been changed since neither of them collect Wackys)
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 04:13:41 PM »

Wow, that's crazy!  They ship regular edition $8 postcard sets for free, and they're larger and heavier.  I wonder if they're planning on boxing these for shipping?  Even so, $10 shipping for this item seems really high.  Could it have anything to do with the purchase limits, and the overhead needed to prevent one person from buying dozens at a time?  That's all that I can think of.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 04:21:37 PM »
10/24/11 The new Wacky Packages Comic is now live (12:30 EST) for $10!
thanks for the notice!

and it's still EDT for a few more weeks.

just sayin'....         :-\
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 04:27:31 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline Playskull

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 04:51:42 PM »
The shipping costs are my biggest pet peeve with the Topps online store.  And this latest one really takes the cake!  Except for crazy midnight presales of Old School, why don't they ever offer free shipping for Wackys?  There are items I would definitely buy from them if they offered free shipping promos (assuming they wouldn't pull a fast one and just jack up the cost of the item itself).  Sometimes I will find a promo code online, but it's always expired and only seems to be for non-Wacky crap anyway.  If anybody ever finds a free shipping code for Wackys, please share!

Offline Playskull

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 04:55:42 PM »
By the way, 376 remaining at the time I post this.

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 04:58:45 PM »
Wow, that's crazy!  They ship regular edition $8 postcard sets for free, and they're larger and heavier.  I wonder if they're planning on boxing these for shipping?  Even so, $10 shipping for this item seems really high.  Could it have anything to do with the purchase limits, and the overhead needed to prevent one person from buying dozens at a time?  That's all that I can think of.

Couldn't agree more.  The excess shipping by Topps is a complete racket.  The conspiracy theorist in me feels there is some sort of profit sharing agreement with Topps and UPS, because there is no way in heck it should cost that much to ship.  I've mailed out lots of packages of different shapes, sizes and weights in my day, and these shipping prices are insane.

And as someone stated earlier I think, it's not like the packages are getting delivered any better.  I also had a damaged box on my Halloween postcards that dented corners of two postcards.  Not the end of the world by any stretch, but still...

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 04:59:05 PM »
By the way, 376 remaining at the time I post this.
We'll all probably end up with at least one.  Are there not many wacky collectors anymore?  I wonder if these are made available on the ohter forum.

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 05:00:38 PM »
Couldn't agree more.  The excess shipping by Topps is a complete racket.  The conspiracy theorist in me feels there is some sort of profit sharing agreement with Topps and UPS, because there is no way in heck it should cost that much to ship.  I've mailed out lots of packages of different shapes, sizes and weights in my day, and these shipping prices are insane.

And as someone stated earlier I think, it's not like the packages are getting delivered any better.  I also had a damaged box on my Halloween postcards that dented corners of two postcards.  Not the end of the world by any stretch, but still...

Thats why I have a problem ordering the Wacky Binders.  They are almost 30 bucks if you pay shipping and I cant see paying that for a notebook.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 05:33:34 PM »
Thats why I have a problem ordering the Wacky Binders.  They are almost 30 bucks if you pay shipping and I cant see paying that for a notebook.

I didn't buy an ANS8 binder for that reason. Even if you get it from Topps on ebay, it's $22. I'm going back to making my own.

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 05:35:58 PM »
I didn't buy an ANS8 binder for that reason. Even if you get it from Topps on ebay, it's $22. I'm going back to making my own.

I have been thinking about doing that too.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 05:38:42 PM »
And isn't there a super duper low cost mailing for anything "media"?  Especially books, reading material...

Yes, called "media mail". But you never want anything collectible shipped that way. Ever. That's how everyone got their OldS1 posters damaged. US Priority mail however is awesome. I receive my items in 3 days no matter where it ships from. The less time in the shippers hands the better.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 05:44:33 PM »
I have been thinking about doing that too.

I was going to piggy back the ANS 8 binder on another order to save on shipping but i was able to pick 1 up at the show. I knew i was going to spend a few bucks at the show but i didnt think i was going to get the deals and save the cash i did. I was thrilled.

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »
10/24/11

The new Wacky Packages Comic is now live (12:30 EST) for $10!

Thanks for the info, finally I get in on the ground floor !

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2011, 06:34:39 PM »
Thanks for the info, finally I get in on the ground floor !
I like your choice of RUffs as your ID.  It was one of my favorites of the post cards and so old school.

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2011, 06:37:31 PM »
I like your choice of RUffs as your ID.  It was one of my favorites of the post cards and so old school.
Hey Thanks Alot, Believe it or not thats my last name with no S & spelled diferently. When that Postcard came out I had to grab that as my handle.

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2011, 06:44:44 PM »
Hey Thanks Alot, Believe it or not thats my last name with no S & spelled diferently. When that Postcard came out I had to grab that as my handle.
Did you do your own animation?

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2011, 06:55:20 PM »
Did you do your own animation?

No I am not that computer savy so I had John K. Duznt do it & Brad Bumchex posted it for me . Once again Thanks to those two !!

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2011, 07:00:18 PM »
No I am not that computer savy so I had John K. Duznt do it & Brad Bumchex posted it for me . Once again Thanks to those two !!
John did the animation on mine as well.  The orange background comes from the webpage that Kris Jeter created for my homemade wackys.