Author Topic: Wacky Packages Comics #1 - "Hairy Mane" - Let's complete the sketch checklist!!  (Read 15390 times)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
The last page in the comic book has a checklist.  Column A is blank, for the sketch number.  Column B is the page the sketch appears on (6-14), and Column C is the panel number of the sketch (1-50).  We've identified 11 out of the 50 so far.
I finally got my scanner going, it was  damn IP address issue as it is wireless.

This will be tough not to keep as my keeper but I really like my Ork/bat and plan to get a bog sketch so I will probably end up selling this off some day down the road.  This is #365

Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
I finally got my scanner going, it was  damn IP address issue as it is wireless.

This will be tough not to keep as my keeper but I really like my Ork/bat and plan to get a bog sketch so I will probably end up selling this off some day down the road.  This is #365

Nice! Every time I see this I think of how inspired the whole comic book idea is here -- each frame a part of a big story. Should be getting that comic soon!

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff

That's a very cool sketch (actually, these Lynch "sketches" are "original art" for the comic).  It's on page 12.  I miss mine already, but it went to a good home.
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline bandaches

That's a very cool sketch (actually, these Lynch "sketches" are "original art" for the comic).  It's on page 12.  I miss mine already, but it went to a good home.
Yeah, I am afraid when my comic comes I may end up wanting to keep this sketch but I gotta let go, one keeper sketch per series.....
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator

Thanks for posting this!  That's Page 12, Panel C38.  By my checklist, that makes 12 out of the 50 Lynch sketches we've identified.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
Got my comics today -- really like it but dang it's SMALL! For some reason I was expecting it to be more like 8 1/2 x 11.

Hard to appreciate the art as well when it's so tiny, but still looking forward to sitting down and reading through the entire comic.

Thanks, Jay, for such a great idea and putting this together! Made a nice Halloween Treat.  :great:

Offline Monsterettes

Yeah, I am afraid when my comic comes I may end up wanting to keep this sketch but I gotta let go, one keeper sketch per series.....
I understand wanting to stick with your system, but heck, rules (like records) were made to be broken.  If you really like two sketches, you might consider two keepers from this set.  You'll know what's right for you better than anyone else.  My two cents are worth about that -- 2 cents! 

Offline bandaches

I understand wanting to stick with your system, but heck, rules (like records) were made to be broken.  If you really like two sketches, you might consider two keepers from this set.  You'll know what's right for you better than anyone else.  My two cents are worth about that -- 2 cents! 
LOL, you said it rules are meant to be broken.  I still think my ork/bat and some bog title I don't even own yet will ultimately be the two I keep and I will part with this Lynch sketch.  Offers and interest have already been coming in on it.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
LOL, you said it rules are meant to be broken.  I still think my ork/bat and some bog title I don't even own yet will ultimately be the two I keep and I will part with this Lynch sketch.  Offers and interest have already been coming in on it.

Rules for Wackys?  Naaahhhh......   :^) 

Seriously, why restrict yourself to an arbitrary number?  This series is bigger, and as a result there are more very cool sketches available at reasonable prices.  If you really like the Lynch sketch, why not keep it?  Similarly, if you see a particular sketch available that grabs you, and it's not priced sky-high, why pass?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 04:33:23 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys

Personally I love your bat/Ork combo. I'm not a big fan of the "busy" comic style ones Jay did.  I tend to like the cleaner simple characters the best.  The ones you don't need a close-up to see what's going on.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator

Seriously, why restrict yourself to an arbitrary number?  This series is bigger, and as a result there are more very cool sketches available at reasonable prices.  If you really like the Lynch sketch, why not keep it?  Similarly, if you see a particular sketch available that grabs you, and it's not priced sky-high, why pass?

I initially thought I would collect the 20 Lynch OLDS2 sketches and about 10 others that I really liked. Now I have over 200!

Offline Campy

• work in progress

Words to live by!!! and so I buy and trade and buy some more and soon I will post for all to see :o my wacky obsession!

Offline bandaches

It isn't really any more arbitrary than each person's defintion of completist especially as it relates to sketches.  My definition of completistism is to get on sketch per set.   

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
It isn't really any more arbitrary than each person's defintion of completist especially as it relates to sketches.  My definition of completistism is to get on sketch per set.   

I can understand your definition of completism, but it seems to restrict you.  I think most people define their 'completism' as a minimum bar to reach, but you're imposing it as a maximum.  Why not just be extra complete if you really like more than one sketch? 

Offline Campy

• work in progress

OK Ernie, not sure why you would get on a sketch but to each his own :]

Offline bandaches

OK Ernie, not sure why you would get on a sketch but to each his own :]
Once I couldn't complete series 1 post card sketches due to Cardgary being a dick and any of the other defintiions of "complete" I came up with to handle the variations that came about with later runs, I simply decided, sit back, watch sketches hit the market, buy some packs and then pick one I like to represent the set and flip the rest.  Financially attractive, low stress(I have seen people say they bid out of fear of never seeing "that" sketch they "need" for completionism and still fun.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Here's sketch 142, Page 11, panel 32.

Offline NEZHEAD42

Here's sketch 142, Page 11, panel 32.

I love that a werewolf is reading "Howl". IMO, that is the best gag in the entire Halloween 2011 series.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
#557...classic Jay...hilarious!

The expression on Hairy's face is PERFECT ! That alone cracks me up besides the great gag !!!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Here's sketch card 170, Page 7, first panel (A 170, B 7, C 7)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
And, here's sketch card 254, Page 13, last panel (A 254, B 13, C 48) - by my count, this makes 15 of the 50 accounted for.

Offline Monsterettes

And, here's sketch card 254, Page 13, last panel (A 254, B 13, C 48) - by my count, this makes 15 of the 50 accounted for.

So not quite one third of the sketches are known -- hope we can at least get to half.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Here's sketch card 377, Page 11, last panel (A 377, B 11, C 36):

And sketch card 296, Page 8, fourth panel (A 296, B 8, C 16):

That makes 17 identified so far.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:11:51 AM by RawGoo »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
I've got 5 more from a collector who wanted to help with the quest.  This brings us to 22 out of 50 - not too shabby!!!

Sketch card 605, Page 7, last panel (A 605, B 7, C 12):

Sketch card 212, Page 13, first panel (A 212, B 13, C 43):

Sketch card 581, Page 11, first panel (A 581, B 11, C 31):

Sketch card 086, Page 8, second panel (A 086, B 8, C 14):

And sketch card 497, Page 8, first panel (A 497, B 8, C 13):

It would still be great to at least get to half - if anyone here knows of someone who might be able to help, please let me know!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:13:11 AM by RawGoo »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Another two turned up on ebay.

Sketch card 282, Page 10, second panel (A 282, B 10, C 26):

Sketch card 72, Page 13, second panel (A 72, B 13, C 44):

By my checklist, this makes 24 out of the 50 Lynch sketches we've identified.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 09:08:09 AM by RawGoo »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
After almost two years, we finally have half of the comic book sketches identified!

Here's sketch card 521, Page 6, first panel (A 521, B 6, C 1) - 25 of 50 identified so far, and it's the very first panel  :D

« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 05:01:09 AM by RawGoo »