Author Topic: Wacky Packages Comics #1 - "Hairy Mane" - Let's complete the sketch checklist!!  (Read 15392 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
OK, this might be an impossible challenge, but I'd like to give it a shot.  There are 50 Jay Lynch 2011 Halloween sketches, all shown in the new comic book.  In order to complete the comic checklist, we need to see each Lynch sketch and the number, and then match them with the panels in the comic.  Even if you don't have a comic for reference, if you have a 2011 Lynch Halloween sketch, even in passing during a deal, please post a pic here, along with the sketch number!! 

So far, I know 2 of them -
Sketch 569 is page 6 (B) and panel 4 (C)
Sketch 310 is page 8 (B) and panel 17 (C)

I'll add pics later.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
I'll use this second post in the thread to keep a master list:

Sketch 569 (A) is page 6 (B) and panel 4 (C)
Sketch 310 (A) is page 8 (B) and panel 17 (C)

If/when we get enough responses, perhaps the format can be reworked to more closely match the comic, but as long as the pics and numbers are here, that should be easy.

Offline lucidjc

If/when we get enough responses, perhaps the format can be reworked to more closely match the comic, but as long as the pics and numbers are here, that should be easy.

I saved alot of the early pics of the Lynch sketches that hit e-bay, but i didnt get their numbers. The pics without the numbers does us no good. we may be able to dig them up in completed listings, they are still Fresh.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff

Mine is #43.  What page and panel is that?
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline lucidjc

Mine is #43.  What page and panel is that?
(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

Sketch 043 is page 6 panel 2

Offline Sue Mee

Sketch 043 is page 6 panel 2

Cool... Thanks!
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Monsterettes

My sketch is #509, page 14 (B), panel 49 (C).  The penultimate panel -- I'll scan that separately later this week. (Scan with my other sketches is in the sketch thread.) On ebay I've only seen two Lynch sketches so far!!  One you already have on your list, sketch 569.  In the other auction the sketch number isn't listed.  I've asked the seller (maybe you have too!), I'll let you know if he/she replies.  Have people seen more than those two Lynches on offer? One auction is finished, the other is still running.  This will be a tough quest, but fun!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
My sketch is #509, page 14 (B), panel 49 (C).  The penultimate panel -- I'll scan that separately later this week. (Scan with my other sketches is in the sketch thread.) On ebay I've only seen two Lynch sketches so far!!  One you already have on your list, sketch 569.  In the other auction the sketch number isn't listed.  I've asked the seller (maybe you have too!), I'll let you know if he/she replies.  Have people seen more than those two Lynches on offer? One auction is finished, the other is still running.  This will be a tough quest, but fun!

Yep, I asked the current seller for the sketch number earlier today, but no response yet.  That and the completed auction I already had the number for are the only ones I've seen on ebay so far. 

We now have 4 of the 50, with one number pending.

Offline DrDeal

Sketch 324 is Page 11 , Panel 4  That is my keeper sketch.

Andrew

Offline Dracky

Here's the Lynch I pulled, it's #461 ... great detail by Jay on this one...can anyone tell me where its placement is in the book?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 07:10:10 AM by Dracky »

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
The comic book idea is something Neil came up with a few weeks ago.    When I was doing the sketch cards, I thought "what if I do a 50 panel continuity strip?  Each panel would be a separate gag, but when you put all 50 together in sequence, you'd have a long story?"  So that's what I did.  I was thinking of Stan Lee at the time.  I never thought that that superhero stuff that Stan wrote was any good...But I do consider him a genius...on account of a funny animal comic book he wrote in the l950s called DIPPY DUCK.    In DIPPY DUCK, each panel contained a separate gag, even though when put together they formed a longer story.  Anyway....that's how I did the sketch cards.

After Neil got 'em, he started talking about doing a poster or a hexiflexigon or a checklist or something so that the order of these sketch cards would be preserved so that they could be read as a long story in addition to their self-contained gags.   So since we only had a 2 week deadline to get this ready for the con...we did it as a comic book.

So ish #1 came out...and we got it done.  And the thing worked out where Topps wants to do future issues.  Now ish #2 is in the works.  Neil has more time to do ish #2, so ish 2 will be a major improvement over ish #1, and it will contain all new material.   But ish #1 is ish #1.   And it says in the book that it's limited to 650 copies...so that's it.  This is the official first printing of ish #1.  It's signed and numbered. 

Now I'm painting my return cards from this series, one of which I will put on ebay later tonight...if I get it finished by then.

Offline Croca-Cola

#557...classic Jay...hilarious!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
I got an answer from the ebay seller on the "Beware! I bite!"  Lynch sketch number.  Page 8, panel 15 is sketch number 425.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 09:53:27 AM by RawGoo »

Offline crackedjerk

I tried to post my sketch from Jay the other day and was unable to upload an image.  Sorry that I'm so dumb about computer stuff, but has anyone else had a hard time uploading an image?  Any easy-to-follow advice?  If nothing else, I suppose I can simply describe my image (or tell everyone what one I have once I get the comic I just ordered).

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
I tried to post my sketch from Jay the other day and was unable to upload an image.  Sorry that I'm so dumb about computer stuff, but has anyone else had a hard time uploading an image?  Any easy-to-follow advice?  If nothing else, I suppose I can simply describe my image (or tell everyone what one I have once I get the comic I just ordered).

Are you using the "Add image to post" link or the one in "Additional options"?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
I seem to be having the same issue with uploading images. I tried using "Add image to post", and as you can see from my last post, there's no image...

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
I seem to be having the same issue with uploading images. I tried using "Add image to post", and as you can see from my last post, there's no image...

That's odd. All you have to do is hit add image to post and then it will ask you to select a picture and then hit upload. You also have to click on the family friendly button. That's it. Nothing else you need to do with any codes.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
That's odd. All you have to do is hit add image to post and then it will ask you to select a picture and then hit upload. You also have to click on the family friendly button. That's it. Nothing else you need to do with any codes.

It hasn't been working for me.  I keep getting error messages.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
I just posted the picture above and it works. I'm not sure why it's not working for you.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
I just posted the picture above and it works. I'm not sure why it's not working for you.

Now it's working - I just added the pic of sketch 425 to one of my earlier posts.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Now it's working - I just added the pic of sketch 425 to one of my earlier posts.
I just pulled a kick ass Hairy Mane sketch, scanner is on the fritz at the moment but will try to post it soon.  Please remind me if you don't see it here in the next couple of days.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Jean Nutty

OK, this might be an impossible challenge, but I'd like to give it a shot

:violent-smiley-007:   

# 617

Offline Sue Mee

:violent-smiley-007:    

(Image removed from quote.)

# 617

That's fantastic!
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline crackedjerk

Are you using the "Add image to post" link or the one in "Additional options"?

I don't recall which one I tried.  I'll try again tonight.

Offline FourRoses

My sketch is number 449 which is on page 9 right above the police officer with the large nose.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
My sketch is number 449 which is on page 9 right above the police officer with the large nose.

Thanks!  That's B9, C20.  I've got 10 logged so far.

Offline FourRoses

You sank my battleship.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
You sank my battleship.

This does sound like either Bingo or Battleship, doesn't it?   :D

I've got a question in to an ebay seller who listed the B12, C40 sketch today, hope to have the sketch number soon.

Offline bandaches

This does sound like either Bingo or Battleship, doesn't it?   :D

I've got a question in to an ebay seller who listed the B12, C40 sketch today, hope to have the sketch number soon.
I think I have #357, hope to get sketch and details up soon.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
B12, C40 is number 545.

Offline bandaches

B12, C40 is number 545.

What is B12 C40?  Is this some kind of Bingo game?

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
You sank my battleship.

Too FUNNY. Caught me off guard on that one !!!

So after all the codes are figured out it will say (like my avitar) Buy More Wacky's !!   :D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:41:47 PM by Playbug »
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
What is B12 C40?  Is this some kind of Bingo game?

The last page in the comic book has a checklist.  Column A is blank, for the sketch number.  Column B is the page the sketch appears on (6-14), and Column C is the panel number of the sketch (1-50).  We've identified 11 out of the 50 so far.