Author Topic: Wacky Packages Comics #1 - "Hairy Mane" Halloween Edition!!!  (Read 10315 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Wacky Packages Comics #1 - "Hairy Mane" Halloween Edition!!!
« on: October 22, 2011, 04:54:01 PM »
As some of the Allentown show attendees may have noticed today, there was a special surprise release of a new Wacky Packages Comic released just in time for Halloween! This 16 page comic was created by Neil Camera for Topps and is limited to just 650 copies. ISSUE #1 measures 4.25" x 6" (postcard size!) and features the incredible illustrations of JAY LYNCH who has graciously signed and numbered each comic.

Wacky Packages Comic #1 ties into this year's Halloween postcard theme and features Jay's outrageous character "Hairy Mane". It's a hilarious tale about the 'lil Werewolf Gal who travels to the Big Apple for some wacky misadventures! Jay created 50 sketch cards for the postcard release and each one is reproduced here in comic book format! Plus, we've included a checklist for the enthusiasts who want to keep track of which comic panel pertains to each sketchcard, as well as a souvenir postcard on the back cover!!!!

I think everyone will really enjoy this special Halloween Edition of the new Wacky Packages Comics! More details about the comic and availability after the show...

ENJOY!!!
-Neil

« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 07:35:21 AM by koduck »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Wacky Packages Comics #1 - "Hairy Mane" Halloween Edition!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 05:38:18 PM »
As some of the Allentown show attendees may have noticed today, there was a special surprise release of a new Wacky Packages Comic released just in time for Halloween! This comic is limited to 650 copies and is illustrated, signed and numbered by the one & only, JAY LYNCH!!!

Wacky Packages Comic #1 ties into this year's Halloween postcard theme and features Jay's outrageous character "Hairy Mane". It's a hilarious tale about a young werewolf gal who travels to the Big Apple for some wacky misadventures! Jay created 50 sketch cards for the postcard release and each one is reproduced here in comic book format! Plus, we've included a checklist for the enthusiasts who want to keep track of which comic panel pertains to each sketchcard, as well as a souvenir postcard on the back cover!!!!

I think everyone will really enjoy this special Halloween Edition of the new Wacky Packages Comics! More details about the comic and availability after the show...

ENJOY!!!
-Neil

This comic is FANTASTIC!!  Even people who don't collect the sketches should really enjoy it.  And, we're gonna have to start filling in that A column.  Here's one I know - B8/C17 is 310.

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 06:10:22 PM »
Are there anymore available for sale or was this exclusive to the Philly Show?  I see them on Ebay for about $50.00 right now.  How much were they selling for at the conference this weekend?

Offline dth1971

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 06:11:15 PM »
Maybe the Topps people could negolate with a comic company like BOOM! Studios to release a monthly Wacky Packages comic book series featuring stories featuring Wacky Packages ANS and original sticker series characters!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 06:17:11 PM »
Are there anymore available for sale or was this exclusive to the Philly Show?  I see them on Ebay for about $50.00 right now.  How much were they selling for at the conference this weekend?

They are limited to 650 numbered copies, but from what Elizabeth and I were told, the show 'special offer' was a slightly reduced price of $5 per copy, and they'll be available at the on-line store, next week I think.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 06:24:33 PM »
Well, I just spent $70 for all 3 off ebay. It sucks that I couldn't attend but this is a hell of a lot cheaper than a plane ticket.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 06:30:27 PM »
Maybe the Topps people could negolate with a comic company like BOOM! Studios to release a monthly Wacky Packages comic book series featuring stories featuring Wacky Packages ANS and original sticker series characters!

We're already working on the next issue!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 06:30:46 PM »
They are limited to 650 numbered copies, but from what Elizabeth and I were told, the show 'special offer' was a slightly reduced price of $5 per copy, and they'll be available at the on-line store, next week I think.

So, is Topps Online selling what's left over from the show or are the copies at the show a limited run of signed and numbered copies?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 06:31:54 PM »
So, is Topps Online selling what's left over from the show or are the copies at the show a limited run of signed and numbered copies?

All copies are signed and numbered and will be available on the shoptopps.com website.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 07:31:57 PM »
Well, I just spent $70 for all 3 off ebay. It sucks that I couldn't attend but this is a hell of a lot cheaper than a plane ticket.

So there are 3 different comics?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 07:41:57 PM »
So there are 3 different comics?

No, just one comic.  I think Brad bought a trio of the promo card, postcard, and comic.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 07:59:10 PM »
No, just one comic.  I think Brad bought a trio of the promo card, postcard, and comic.

Ah, thx.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 08:26:13 PM »
All copies are signed and numbered and will be available on the shoptopps.com website.

Maybe you could email "the list" and post here as to when they will be available? That would be sweet! I'd love to buy one of these comics! :great:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 08:40:24 PM by Porkie »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 08:58:09 PM »

You are correct.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 09:41:52 PM »
So who is going to try and collect the 50 sketches that make up the comic?  :P

Offline CanadianClod

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 12:02:52 AM »

Any idea what they will sell for and will they be considered the 2nd print run or are some of the 1st run still available?

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 12:30:33 AM »
Topps only took half of the first printing to the show.    So I guess the second half of 'em will turn up on the shoptopps.com pages a few days after they return from the show.

Offline CanadianClod

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 01:14:04 AM »
Topps only took half of the first printing to the show.    So I guess the second half of 'em will turn up on the shoptopps.com pages a few days after they return from the show.

Very cool,always look forward to your stuff,i'm still diggin' your Mineshaft cover from 3 years ago  :great:

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 03:27:26 AM »
Maybe you could email "the list" and post here as to when they will be available? That would be sweet! I'd love to buy one of these comics! :great:

I certainly will

So who is going to try and collect the 50 sketches that make up the comic?  :P

Now that would be truly wacky!

Speaking of Wacky, we included the checklist as a fun diversion for collectors who enjoy a good challenge - match up the comic panel with the actual sketch card number! Theoretically, you can "find" all 50 sketch cards without having to buy or own a single one!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:39:32 AM by koduck »

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 07:16:23 AM »
I certainly will

Thanks, Neil! You da man!  :D

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 08:25:22 AM »
I really like the idea of a wacky comic.  I'm a bit nervous about having to go through the "sit by your computer and hope you are there in time to get a limited item" drama again so soon.  I do hope there will be enough for everyone to get one.  I think $5 is a very fair price, though I suspect we'll end up paying more than that just for the shipping.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 08:47:02 AM »
I really like the idea of a wacky comic.  I'm a bit nervous about having to go through the "sit by your computer and hope you are there in time to get a limited item" drama again so soon.  I do hope there will be enough for everyone to get one.  I think $5 is a very fair price, though I suspect we'll end up paying more than that just for the shipping.
I *think* the $5 was a discounted price for the Philly Show.  Having seen it, I would say that 10, 15, even 20 dollars would certainly be worth it.  Time will tell how it plays out.   

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 10:55:39 AM »
I *think* the $5 was a discounted price for the Philly Show.  Having seen it, I would say that 10, 15, even 20 dollars would certainly be worth it.  Time will tell how it plays out.   

I would guess they'll sell it between $10-15 + shipping, which is a fair price.  I hope people aren't jumping on the $40-50 ebay prices on them.  That's crazy.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 01:29:26 PM »
I would guess they'll sell it between $10-15 + shipping, which is a fair price.  I hope people aren't jumping on the $40-50 ebay prices on them.  That's crazy.

After talking to Mike today, he said they will be under $10 on the site.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 09:50:28 AM »
10/24/11

The new Wacky Packages Comic is now live (12:30 EST) for $10!

http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-875/Wacky-Packages-Comics-No./Detail

Offline CanadianClod

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 05:16:25 PM »
10/24/11

The new Wacky Packages Comic is now live (12:30 EST) for $10!

http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-875/Wacky-Packages-Comics-No./Detail

Great,thanks for posting and sending out e-mails!
but $20 for shipping!!...that's just insane.