Author Topic: Halloween Series Sketches Scans  (Read 58759 times)

Offline Dracky

Re: Halloween Series Sketches Scans
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2011, 04:40:42 AM »
Here's my sketch card.

Now that's a cool sketch .... really looks like the Bog creature's hand is coming right at you!

Offline exorcist

« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2011, 07:23:26 AM »
Here are the three sketch cards I pulled. I will be keeping the color Ork sketch. If anyone is interested in trades for either of the other two, I would be interested in one of the Pat C. Bog creature sketches.

such vivid colors!!  im really starting to love the ork sketches

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2011, 07:31:45 AM »
Now that's a cool sketch .... really looks like the Bog creature's hand is coming right at you!
To be honest, I didnt know what it was.  Now I do....LOL.  Thanks.

Online koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2011, 07:40:53 AM »

Offline exorcist

« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2011, 07:51:48 AM »

THIS SKETCH IS HILARIOUS!!!
i love it.  Looking at this sketch I'm wondering if topps would ever gear towards the younger generation as customers for the halloween pc sets?  Does anyone know what age group is the biggest wacky packages customer as a whole. Not vintage wackys or original art but all new series stuff, post cards, and erasers ect.

Online koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2011, 07:55:07 AM »
i love it.  Looking at this sketch I'm wondering if topps would ever gear towards the younger generation as customers for the halloween pc sets?  Does anyone know what age group is the biggest wacky packages customer as a whole. Not vintage wackys or original art but all new series stuff, post cards, and erasers ect.

I don't know about the other stuff, but the postcards are definitely geared towards the older collectors. Afterall, when was the last time you saw a kid mail a postcard? Maybe we need to create a Wacky set based on text messaging - that would probably get their attention! ;)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2011, 08:06:48 AM »
Really? How did you come up with that?
The next sketch I pull could be your favorite. Biting the hand that feeds your obsession is pretty stupid. Especially when you know the guy you're taking a shot at doesn't care about Topps rules or the Wacky Gestapo.

I've got a scenario for everyone. Brad orders 3 sets. His mom, knowing how much Brad loves the sketch cards because he talks her ear off about them, decides to buy him some sets for his birthday. Brad receives the sets. What does Brad do?

A. Return them to Topps and turn himself in to the authorities.
B. Keep them.

The first to answer correctly wins a free sets of series 4 postcards. I'll even sign the Scary Garcia card.

B all the way...

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2011, 08:30:34 AM »
Two of the same sketches. That stinks! What are the odds? I know of another guy that got 2 Toothies also in his 3 packs. Terrible collation. I'm thinking Simko did 100 Toothies now...LOL
I got (2) Toothies also

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2011, 08:33:50 AM »
For the record I only got 3 sets. Total. My relatives have no idea about them nor does my wife. She could care less. She asked me what I was doing on the computer last Friday and I said some new Wacky stuff came out and all she said was "oh,OK".
That is the extent of my conversation about Wackys with my family other than my kids.

You should tell everyone so they buy them for you birthday (and I would win the signed 4th series cards)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2011, 02:00:07 PM »
For the record I only got 3 sets. Total. My relatives have no idea about them nor does my wife. She could care less. She asked me what I was doing on the computer last Friday and I said some new Wacky stuff came out and all she said was "oh,OK".
That is the extent of my conversation about Wackys with my family other than my kids.

Can you tell us what the answer is for the hypothetical question though? I'd like to award the prize and it wouldn't be fair for me to assume your answer.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2011, 02:07:24 PM »
Can you tell us what the answer is for the hypothetical question though? I'd like to award the prize and it wouldn't be fair for me to assume your answer.

It seemed like more of a rhetorical question to me. Of course if my mother were to buy me a set of Wackys I would keep them. I still have the check she sent me for my B-day but I still haven't cashed it. I also still have the Wacky calendar my sister bought me even though I had 4 others. It's not a very good question.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2011, 02:08:29 PM »
I don't know about the other stuff, but the postcards are definitely geared towards the older collectors. Afterall, when was the last time you saw a kid mail a postcard? Maybe we need to create a Wacky set based on text messaging - that would probably get their attention! ;)
I don't see how the postcards differ in appeal or design from the regular kid Wackys. The products spoofed are typical of ANS. There aren't any "adult" products being spoofed anymore. The gags aren't tailored for adults. So while it may be adults that mostly buy them I don't see how are they geared for adults. In fact I would LOVE to see Topps create a series that actually DOES appeal directly to adult sensibilities.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2011, 02:13:42 PM »
It's not a very good question.
Maybe not. But thanks for playing along. The prize goes to lucidjc.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2011, 02:17:57 PM »
Maybe not. But thanks for playing along. The prize goes to lucidjc.

He should be pretty honored to have your autograph especially from a sketch by an artist that doesn't care for the sketch cards.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2011, 02:48:50 PM »
He should be pretty honored to have your autograph especially from a sketch by an artist that doesn't care for the sketch cards.

That would be an awsome sight to behold, but alas, its just the set, not the sketch. Dont get me wrong i'm smiling on the inside.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2011, 03:28:36 PM »
It seemed like more of a rhetorical question to me. Of course if my mother were to buy me a set of Wackys I would keep them. I still have the check she sent me for my B-day but I still haven't cashed it. I also still have the Wacky calendar my sister bought me even though I had 4 others. It's not a very good question.
Bummer and here I was coming to your aid recalling when you were cool enough to make old school presale boxes available due to a shortage and you let me down here claiming you wouldn't turn back your superfluous legitimately gained Post Card sets  :D
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline exorcist

« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2011, 04:47:25 PM »

here are the two sketches i got that im willing to trade.
i really like all the ork sketches and anything neil did especially the witch.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2011, 05:06:48 PM »
In fact I would LOVE to see Topps create a series that actually DOES appeal directly to adult sensibilities.

"Oh, I loved the gag on health insurance premiums, and that trade deficit one was a real gas."

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline exorcist

« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2011, 06:19:28 PM »
"Oh, I loved the gag on health insurance premiums, and that trade deficit one was a real gas."

I was thinking more along the lines of nudy mags, booze, cigarettes, condoms ect.  like the vintage wackys.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2011, 06:29:25 PM »
                                                                                  HERE IT TIS

"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2011, 06:41:57 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of nudy mags, booze, cigarettes, condoms ect.  like the vintage wackys.

If thats ever going to happen, artists will have to do it on the underground. I dont see it coming out of Topps.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2011, 09:38:02 PM »
If thats ever going to happen, artists will have to do it on the underground. I dont see it coming out of Topps.

They're ok in the Old School series -- although I don't recall a condom Wacky. Man that could be hilarious. Did they do one in the X series?

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2011, 10:22:28 PM »
THROWJAN .....for really DISGUSTING water balloon fights!
NATURALBAM....explodes when you do.
But Wackys could never top the real Japanese items.  http://inventorspot.com/articles/top_10_weirdest_japanese_condoms_5537

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2011, 04:23:00 AM »
But Wackys could never top the real Japanese items.  http://inventorspot.com/articles/top_10_weirdest_japanese_condoms_5537
And here i thought you were busy making art
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2011, 07:17:07 AM »

I have to my scans ...but I think I got an Ork+Bog combo...real nice...did you do that one Neil??

CAN YOU TELL TOPPS TO BRING WACKY PACK ERASERS SERIES 2 GRAVITY FEEDS TO THE NON-SPORTS SHOW THIS WEEKEND...I AM SURE CALLING CUST SVC WILL DO NOTHING...TELL THEM TO BRING ALL THE SERIES 2 ERASER STUFF...A LOT OF MY FRIENDS ARE LOOKING FOR THOSE..DON'T FEEL LIKE PAYG SHIPPING..THX NEIL!!

Online koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2011, 07:27:35 AM »
I have to my scans ...but I think I got an Ork+Bog combo...real nice...did you do that one Neil??

I'm guessing that's one of mine, but post a scan and I can tell you for certain.

CAN YOU TELL TOPPS TO BRING WACKY PACK ERASERS SERIES 2 GRAVITY FEEDS TO THE NON-SPORTS SHOW THIS WEEKEND...I AM SURE CALLING CUST SVC WILL DO NOTHING...TELL THEM TO BRING ALL THE SERIES 2 ERASER STUFF...A LOT OF MY FRIENDS ARE LOOKING FOR THOSE..DON'T FEEL LIKE PAYG SHIPPING..THX NEIL!!

Topps should have the Series 2 erasers at the show, as well as some of the dealers.

Offline exorcist

« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2011, 07:38:49 AM »
Now those condoms looks like they are geared towards kids.  That was Awesome, thanks Jay  :great:

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2011, 12:04:26 PM »
I'm guessing that's one of mine, but post a scan and I can tell you for certain.

Topps should have the Series 2 erasers at the show, as well as some of the dealers.

thx Hoss - scan coming tonight

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2011, 12:46:28 PM »
Opened my first wrapper today and loving the sketch card. Too funny!  Looks like my scanner has died after two days of scanning my old concert ticket stub collection, will post a better scan later.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2011, 06:55:07 PM »
far too many people getting dupes on toothie roll in a 3-pack set - but I did get a really nice Hairi-Boo/Ork combo in the 3rd pack

of course, I'm looking to trade a Toothie for any other sketch

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2011, 07:07:26 PM »
far too many people getting dupes on toothie roll in a 3-pack set - but I did get a really nice Hairi-Boo/Ork combo in the 3rd pack

of course, I'm looking to trade a Toothie for any other sketch

(Image removed from quote.)

We might be able to work something out. This is what I just received.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2011, 07:20:43 PM »
We might be able to work something out. This is what I just received.

That one on the right must be a secondary character on Cracker Drac?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2011, 07:21:37 PM »

THIS SKETCH IS HILARIOUS!!!

I actually pulled a Simko sketch that was a close up of just a tooth - and  I was just as bummed as the guy on the right in the sketch!  So I quickly sold it on ebay, not knowing there was a companion sketch that makes it totally hilarious.  It would have been awesome to have both sketches, but I was too late to pick up the one shown here.  Double-bummer!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2011, 07:23:01 PM »
I actually pulled a Simko sketch that was a close up of just a tooth - and  I was just as bummed as the guy on the right in the sketch!  So I quickly sold it on ebay, not knowing there was a companion sketch that makes it totally hilarious.  It would have been awesome to have both sketches, but I was too late to pick up the one shown here.  Double-bummer!

That's funny!  Can you post scans of both of them together?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2011, 07:49:34 PM »

Here are my three!

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys