Author Topic: Halloween Series Sketches Scans  (Read 58737 times)

Offline Fool-Aid

Re: Halloween Series Sketches Scans
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2011, 12:25:04 PM »
Here are the three that I pulled:

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2011, 12:53:13 PM »
Really nice. I think you sold the combo sketch too cheap on eBay. I didn't see it until it was too late.

I thought it was a good price too but I have a feeling that we are going to find more combos with this series than with the past series.  I've already seen 3 different ones Neil did and all 3 had different characters, so I wouldn't be shocked to find out that he did an ORK combo with every postcard character.  If that's true it will lower the value of them for sure. 

I also noticed a few of these "All-Stars" ones Neil did, and he may have done one of those for every character!  If my assumptions are correct I'm not going to try to collect all of them.  That would be crazy.  I think I'll stick to the ones that pertain to the artists that did them.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2011, 01:06:16 PM »

Here are my three!................

PS - I'd like to trade my dupe for one I don't have.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2011, 02:01:45 PM »
I said I find it to be humerous that you primarily speak about sketches only in terms of commonness and pricing.  Barely 10 sketches have hit the market and you are already speculating on "commonness".  Do you even find the sketches cool, exciting, eerie, boring....or are they just commodities to you?  Have you noticed the number of "combos" like Dr Popper has?  I think the "combo" that drdeal sold on ebay last night for $65 was cool and I am kicking myself for not buying it as it would likely have been my keeper even if it turns out later that 100 similars ones were created.

Will a new wacky pack series be able to come to market without the first concern being "value" before an analysis of the gags and coolness of the product is discussed?

I explained that if a sketch is common then they are easier to come by if you don't get one with your initial order even if they are really cool. Why spent $100 now for a sketch when you can get it for around $30 in a few weeks. Me saying something is common is just me telling everyone my opinion and not telling people what to collect. I also stated that the combo was cool and I would have bought but missed out. I also said he sold it too cheap.
Man, why do I have to keep repeating myself. I don't think you read my posts ;D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2011, 02:03:31 PM »

Two of the same sketches. That stinks! What are the odds? I know of another guy that got 2 Toothies also in his 3 packs. Terrible collation. I'm thinking Simko did 100 Toothies now...LOL

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2011, 02:48:24 PM »
Two of the same sketches. That stinks! What are the odds? I know of another guy that got 2 Toothies also in his 3 packs. Terrible collation. I'm thinking Simko did 100 Toothies now...LOL

They are #'s 189 and 061 so it's not like they weren't mixed up enough.  Just bad luck I think.  Trading is fine though.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2011, 03:21:57 PM »
I like this one. But I don't collect them so it's for sale.

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2011, 03:37:20 PM »
Just got mine today.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 03:40:05 PM by Feetena »

Online lucidjc

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2011, 03:39:51 PM »
Just got mine today.

Those are whack dude!   This set is GREAT, and thats the TOOTH!

Offline Feetena

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2011, 03:40:58 PM »
Those are whack dude!   This set is GREAT, and thats the TOOTH!

Yeah no doubt this was my best sketch haul ever, not even close. 

Offline exorcist

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2011, 03:50:19 PM »

shruken head!!  awesome pull bro

Offline exorcist

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2011, 03:51:45 PM »
Im really liking what i see so far!!  Everyone has some great looking sketches

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2011, 03:54:45 PM »
Really nice. I think you sold the combo sketch too cheap on eBay. I didn't see it until it was too late.
I didn't realize he was eating the other candy. I thought he was eating a peppermint patty. Rob got a good deal. I am still ahead since my color sketch from the last pc release went for $675  :)

Andrew

Offline Playskull

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2011, 04:31:56 PM »
Agreed! I just bought it off eBay without even knowing what I have coming in. I needed to burn up $65 worth of eBay bucks before the end of the month and love this sketch.
I don't think you are going to see big sales for the next day or so. People want to see what they get before buying anything.
Thanks for your biz.  I sorta hated to part with that one.  It's definitely a unique and eerie sketch.  But, after Series 1, I've made it a point to collect only one sketch from each Postcard release.  And I like for my keeper sketch to be a more defined character.  Now I've just gotta decide which of my remaining 2 to keep: the frog or the Ork.  Both are pretty cool.  It's going to be a tough decision.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2011, 04:37:59 PM »

how much?

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2011, 04:57:53 PM »
Yeah no doubt this was my best sketch haul ever, not even close. 

I feel the same way (probably because my pull was so similar to yours)! The overall quality of the sketches with this series is outstanding.

Offline exorcist

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2011, 05:01:21 PM »
Just got mine today.

Bro you defanitely scored with these sketches.  i love the color one but i would have to say the detail on the ork and witch got the colored sketch beat!!!

Offline exorcist

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »
Here are the three sketches I pulled.  I'm certainly getting into the Halloween spirit :d030:  Thanks to Neil and all the artists!!

all three sketches rock.  Look at the detail jay put in his sketch.  jay if you get a chance, just curious how long that took you?

Online lucidjc

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2011, 05:04:51 PM »

Your Pat sketch looks like the aliens from the Simpsons. I Love It!!!

Offline Feetena

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2011, 05:17:09 PM »
I feel the same way (probably because my pull was so similar to yours)! The overall quality of the sketches with this series is outstanding.

"Eerily" similar... apropos for Halloween!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2011, 05:43:12 PM »
Just got mine today.

Who did the witch?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2011, 05:47:22 PM »
I see that Pat did the Bog Red but I'm yet to see a good image or the card to see where these sketches are coming from.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2011, 05:58:43 PM »
Just got mine today.

wow, great pull dude!  I guess getting the order in last minute paid off!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2011, 06:00:01 PM »
Who did the witch?

It looks like one of Neil's and the "N" probably got cut off behind the hat.

Has anyone seen a John Z. sketch yet?

Online koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2011, 06:15:18 PM »
It looks like one of Neil's and the "N" probably got cut off behind the hat.

Has anyone seen a John Z. sketch yet?

Yep, the Witchimacallit is mine. John didn't do sketches for this series, so I did about half ork and half Witchies, plus a few misc. "all stars" in the mix.

Offline exorcist

« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2011, 06:36:08 PM »
Yep, the Witchimacallit is mine. John didn't do sketches for this series, so I did about half ork and half Witchies, plus a few misc. "all stars" in the mix.
Great sketches Neil.  still waiting for mine.  someone made a comment that you live in kansas.  Im in overland park, kansas and it seems that the heart of america is the last to get things. LOL.

Offline Feetena

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2011, 06:42:09 PM »
Sweet one Neil...I'm honored to have pulled it!  Love the Ork too.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2011, 07:13:50 PM »
The sketch queen bought my color Lemonhead. Here's another one I have up for sale on ebay for $90. Forum members can pm or email me with best offers.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2011, 07:30:38 PM »
The sketch queen bought my color Lemonhead. Here's another one I have up for sale on ebay for $90. Forum members can pm or email me with best offers.

Geez, how many sets did you get? Your starting to look like a flipper...LOL

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2011, 08:06:44 PM »
Geez, how many sets did you get? Your starting to look like a flipper...LOL
Really? How did you come up with that?
The next sketch I pull could be your favorite. Biting the hand that feeds your obsession is pretty stupid. Especially when you know the guy you're taking a shot at doesn't care about Topps rules or the Wacky Gestapo.

I've got a scenario for everyone. Brad orders 3 sets. His mom, knowing how much Brad loves the sketch cards because he talks her ear off about them, decides to buy him some sets for his birthday. Brad receives the sets. What does Brad do?

A. Return them to Topps and turn himself in to the authorities.
B. Keep them.

The first to answer correctly wins a free sets of series 4 postcards. I'll even sign the Scary Garcia card.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2011, 08:21:21 PM »
The next sketch I pull could be your favorite. Biting the hand that feeds your obsession is pretty stupid. Especially when you know the guy you're taking a shot at doesn't care about Topps rules or the Wacky Gestapo.

I've got a scenario for everyone. Brad orders 3 sets. His mom, knowing how much Brad loves the sketch cards because he talks her ear off about them, decides to buy him some sets for his birthday. Brad receives the sets. What does Brad do?

B. Keep them.

The first to answer correctly wins a free sets of series 4 postcards. I'll even sign the Scary Garcia card.
Brad has nobly turned old school stuff back in so others could get some, I think he would do A.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Online lucidjc

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2011, 08:26:30 PM »

B. Keep them.

I guess B then

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2011, 08:39:00 PM »
Here are the three sketch cards I pulled. I will be keeping the color Ork sketch. If anyone is interested in trades for either of the other two, I would be interested in one of the Pat C. Bog creature sketches.

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2011, 08:47:54 PM »
Here's my sketch card.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2011, 04:24:59 AM »

B. Keep them.

For the record I only got 3 sets. Total. My relatives have no idea about them nor does my wife. She could care less. She asked me what I was doing on the computer last Friday and I said some new Wacky stuff came out and all she said was "oh,OK".
That is the extent of my conversation about Wackys with my family other than my kids.