Author Topic: Halloween Series Sketches Scans  (Read 58778 times)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
Re: Halloween Series Sketches Scans
« Reply #175 on: October 30, 2011, 07:01:08 AM »
Thanks!  I look forward to seeing your sketches!

Here are my 3 sketches...the middle looks like an ORK/BOG combo...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 07:18:08 AM by Hustler08 »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2011, 08:03:47 AM »
Here are my 3 sketches...the middle looks like an ORK/BOG combo...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Sweet!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2011, 12:44:03 PM »
Found this link to Brent Engstrom's site where he has posted images of all the sketches he created.  Thanks Brent for posting, really fun to see!

http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com/

I'm really surprised that Brent didn't do any combos of the Hairy Boo/Drac.  It would have made sense since they were both on the postcard as a 2x.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #178 on: November 01, 2011, 08:57:37 AM »
Look at row 6 column 2 in all the bog sketches... That's an Engstrom. All his bog sketches I have seen are very similar to this one.

I took a chance and bought an unopened Hallowen pack on ebay, and I got one of the nine 'happy' bog creatures by Engstrom.  I will post a pic later on tonight if I can.
Still looking for Series 17

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #179 on: November 01, 2011, 05:24:07 PM »
So it looks like Neil did a Baseball Wacky All*Stars sketch subset for the 2011 Halloween Postcards.  I would almost guarantee Neil did more. Here are 4 I have run across. Anyone have others to round off the roster?

« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 05:27:02 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #180 on: November 01, 2011, 05:32:37 PM »
More updates to the BOG RED army on page 5 post.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #181 on: November 01, 2011, 06:17:35 PM »
So it looks like Neil did a Baseball Wacky All*Stars sketch subset for the 2011 Halloween Postcards.  I would almost guarantee Neil did more. Here are 4 I have run across. Anyone have others to round off the roster?

What a good idea.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #182 on: November 01, 2011, 08:15:36 PM »
What a good idea.

Neil is on a roll.  :great:
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2011, 12:29:04 PM »

Here are my final Halloween postcards.  I think I have one more coming in but I'll post that one separately.  Since there were so many variables with the titles/artists in this series I chose to focus on only the sketch cards to which the artists did that were from their own art.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »
Here are my final Halloween postcards.  I think I have one more coming in but I'll post that one separately.  Since there were so many variables with the titles/artists in this series I chose to focus on only the sketch cards to which the artists did that were from their own art.

All of em are fantastic, Love that Bog. You got all the good sketches...I got a tooth!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #185 on: November 09, 2011, 12:37:09 PM »
All of em are fantastic, Love that Bog. You got all the good sketches...I got a tooth!

Thanks, I'm happy with them too.  Actually most of them I had to acquire on the 2nd hand market.  I did keep one of the Toothie's but the others were either bought or traded for.  I like my Bog a lot better than the one I pulled.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #186 on: November 13, 2011, 04:31:58 PM »
Thanks, I'm happy with them too.  Actually most of them I had to acquire on the 2nd hand market.  I did keep one of the Toothie's but the others were either bought or traded for.  I like my Bog a lot better than the one I pulled.
Considering there are at least 650 halloween sketches, doesn't the number of sketches on ebay seem low?  Supply and prices both seem to be down, seems very odd.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #187 on: November 13, 2011, 05:33:03 PM »
Considering there are at least 650 halloween sketches, doesn't the number of sketches on ebay seem low?  Supply and prices both seem to be down, seems very odd.

I would say it's similar to series 7 and since the quantity is higher I guess you could say we should expect to see a little more.  Maybe the flippers weren't able to get as much as the past couple series, which results in more collectors keeping sketches instead of selling.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #188 on: November 13, 2011, 05:58:39 PM »
I would say it's similar to series 7 and since the quantity is higher I guess you could say we should expect to see a little more.  Maybe the flippers weren't able to get as much as the past couple series, which results in more collectors keeping sketches instead of selling.
I honestly didn't think there were that many sketch collectors.  This implies there are well over 100 sketch collectors. 

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #189 on: November 13, 2011, 08:24:01 PM »

For some reason that sounds Charlie Brownish.  :D

Offline bandaches

« Reply #190 on: November 13, 2011, 08:26:24 PM »
For some reason that sounds Charlie Brownish.  :D
LOL, I got a rock.....

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2011, 02:57:29 AM »
LOL, I got a rock.....

My Halloween Charlie Brown figure came with a sack of rocks as an accessory - I thought that was a fantastic touch.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2011, 08:58:12 PM »
My Halloween Charlie Brown figure came with a sack of rocks as an accessory - I thought that was a fantastic touch.

Good thing you didn't get the Linus figure. You would of been instructed to go into a Pumpkin Patch ! Good Grief...

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #193 on: November 18, 2011, 09:27:01 PM »
I have done another painting on a Halloween Postcard 2011 return sketch card, which I have put on ebay for a 3 day auction.   Here is the link.    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260897496992

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #194 on: November 24, 2011, 04:49:16 AM »
Jay posted another artist return sketch card on eBay...WOLFURELLA
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260900697860&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_500wt_922

(checkout the crater-wolf image on the moon in the background)

Gotta love the description....
This is the third and final black and white return sketch card I have done for the 2011 Wacky Packages Halloween Postcard series. It features the Lil' Werewolf Gal from the Hairy Mane Wacky Postcard. This character is also featured in WACKY PACKAGES Comics #1. In this original black and white painting, This beloved character tries her hand at COSPLAY, which is very popular with the kids today at comic conventions in the U.S. and abroad. The youngsters dress up as Superman, Vampirella, Harry Potter, and even Stan Lee. They seem to enjoy it. It may have started in Japan... Or it may have started with the furries... I don't know. These kids today with their crazy trends...I don't know. I just don't know. When I was a kid we didn't have CLOTHES, let alone Lara Croft costumes. But hey! What are you gonna do? It's a space-age a-go-go world we live in today. Used to be you'd have to go to The Century of Progress Expo to even SEE a microwave oven. Now we all have 'em in our homes. They used to call those things "Radar Ranges". I wonder howcome they changed the name of those things. Oh well.... It doesn't matter. What DOES matter though, is that this card is an extremely fancy gouache painting that I did with a tiny brush under a magnifying glass. I've been doing the gags on the printed trading cards for Topps for the last 40 years. I remember the Topps cafeteria back in the day. They even had one of those Radar Ranges in there. That was in the '60s. I remember in the 80s... Mark Newgarden used to order a tuna sandwich with a slice of Swiss Cheese on it. A little bit of trivia for you out there who collect Garbage Pail Kids. Sometimes ( this is when Topps was back in Brooklyn) Art Spiegelman and I would go out of the building and eat at Burger King. Once Len Brown and Rick Varesi and me went to this Italian place, which was really close to Topps. Len and Rick had baked ziti. I think I probably had something simpler, though. Spaghetti and meatballs, probably. It's funny. When old Topps employees get together, they usually can't remember much about the gum cards we did. But they DO remember the various meals they ate. Anyway...I just finished painting this card. So here it is for your bidding pleasure.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 04:54:02 AM by sco(o)t »

Offline jaylynch

« Reply #195 on: November 24, 2011, 02:19:17 PM »
      ...and when Topps had their own cafeteria, another favorite food item there was pizza.  Yeah, pizza.  I don't recall what Bhob Stewart would eat for lunch.  But I think this might make a great Abrams book.  WACKY PACKAGES: What They Ate For Lunch.
I don't think any of those guys, including me, had the foresight to take polaroid pix of our food back then, though.  So the book would have to consist of re-creations of the foods we ate in the form of paintings.  I will suggest that to Abrams...once I hear from them if they accepted or rejected by book on early microwave ovens.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #196 on: November 24, 2011, 07:31:02 PM »
These kids today with their crazy trends...I don't know. I just don't know.

Speaking of crazy trends... Kids back in the 60's and 70's began collecting and trading these flimsy little pieces of sticky paper with painted images that spoofed grocery store products. Wacky-something or other...  :D

Offline jaylynch

« Reply #197 on: November 24, 2011, 08:57:49 PM »
Mainly I remember those crazy little stickers that they used to put on food products at the grocery store that told how much an item costs on 'em.  Before they invented UPCs, which allowed them to easily raise the price of stuff every day.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #198 on: November 24, 2011, 10:26:19 PM »
      ...and when Topps had their own cafeteria, another favorite food item there was pizza.  Yeah, pizza.  I don't recall what Bhob Stewart would eat for lunch.  But I think this might make a great Abrams book.  WACKY PACKAGES: What They Ate For Lunch.
I don't think any of those guys, including me, had the foresight to take polaroid pix of our food back then, though.  So the book would have to consist of re-creations of the foods we ate in the form of paintings.  I will suggest that to Abrams...once I hear from them if they accepted or rejected by book on early microwave ovens.

Topps needs to finish their Wacky book series. The 3rd and final volume would have plenty of space left over that you could fill with these stories.

Offline WackyGPK

« Reply #199 on: November 26, 2011, 06:42:06 PM »
I couldn't resist not opening the sealed set I had set aside. I just opened it and pulled a sketch by Neil that glows in the dark! It says "glow in the dark" on it, but then Neil coated it and it actually does! I don't ever recall seeing this on any others before, do I have the only GID sketch?? I would take a picture, but it is proving near impossible.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #200 on: November 26, 2011, 08:06:29 PM »
How cool is that?! Can you take a pic of it "glowing"?  :great:

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #201 on: November 27, 2011, 02:42:20 AM »
I couldn't resist not opening the sealed set I had set aside. I just opened it and pulled a sketch by Neil that glows in the dark! It says "glow in the dark" on it, but then Neil coated it and it actually does! I don't ever recall seeing this on any others before, do I have the only GID sketch?? I would take a picture, but it is proving near impossible.

Very cool!

Here's another glow in the dark sketch Neil did for this set that was sold in an ebay auction last month:

Offline bandaches

« Reply #202 on: November 27, 2011, 07:24:07 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)
I still have a sealed pack, makes me want to kill it but I have been saving a sealed pack from many of these non ans sets.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #203 on: November 27, 2011, 08:31:53 AM »
I still have a sealed pack, makes me want to kill it but I have been saving a sealed pack from many of these non ans sets.

As I've said to you before, I am in awe of your self-restraint!  Old School boxes and Postcard packs do not stay sealed very long around me........   :-\

Offline bandaches

« Reply #204 on: November 27, 2011, 02:29:00 PM »
As I've said to you before, I am in awe of your self-restraint!  Old School boxes and Postcard packs do not stay sealed very long around me........   :-\
LOL, I will try to dig out the unsealed packs that I have.  I am pretty sure I have Post Card 6(whatever series it was that Toppsvault had extra packs at the philly show), 2011 Halloween, Olds 1 and Olds 2 sealed packs

Offline jaylynch

« Reply #205 on: November 27, 2011, 04:43:58 PM »
I didn't tell anyone... But all of the Halloween 2011 sketch cards I did have imbedded Halloween sounds in 'em.    To hear these sounds, you will need an old casette tape recorder.  What you do is hold the mike over the card and record the inaudible vibrations coming from the card at FAST SPEED with the record volume on the tape recorder turned up ALL THE WAY.   Then switch to slow speed, and play it back with the volume turned up all the way.  Warning:  The resultant sounds may be too frightening for some.  So if you have any medical condition that might be affected by these intense frightening sounds, please only play back your tape in the presence of a physician or registered nurse.  And feel free to post your audio recordings of this phenomenon.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #206 on: November 27, 2011, 10:23:22 PM »
I didn't tell anyone... But all of the Halloween 2011 sketch cards I did have imbedded Halloween sounds in 'em.    To hear these sounds, you will need an old casette tape recorder.  What you do is hold the mike over the card and record the inaudible vibrations coming from the card at FAST SPEED with the record volume on the tape recorder turned up ALL THE WAY.   Then switch to slow speed, and play it back with the volume turned up all the way.  Warning:  The resultant sounds may be too frightening for some.  So if you have any medical condition that might be affected by these intense frightening sounds, please only play back your tape in the presence of a physician or registered nurse.  And feel free to post your audio recordings of this phenomenon.

I think you can also hear the Halloween sounds if you hole-punch a sketch card in the middle and play it on a phonograph. Kinda like the records you could cut out from the back of cereal boxes.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 10:25:01 PM by Duznt »

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #207 on: November 27, 2011, 10:42:49 PM »
I wrap all my sketch cards in tin-foil, it helps with the voices.  >:D

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2011, 07:48:13 PM »
I think you can also hear the Halloween sounds if you hole-punch a sketch card in the middle and play it on a phonograph. Kinda like the records you could cut out from the back of cereal boxes.

I read on the Internets that you can color the edges of each card with blue magic marker to increase the audio quality.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2011, 08:03:20 PM »
I read on the Internets that you can color the edges of each card with blue magic marker to increase the audio quality.

Imagine the backward masking a Wacky might contain

A flashback to Stairway to Heaven