Author Topic: Halloween Series Sketches Scans  (Read 58774 times)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
Re: Halloween Series Sketches Scans
« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2011, 08:00:18 AM »
The Hari-Boo sketches aren't doing to well on ebay, several have shown up.  My bear, along with my others, below.

Thanks for posting those. I would love to find a Hairi-Boo with the little ghosts pictured. Love those little guys.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2011, 08:04:01 AM »
Here is my latest that I bought 2nd hand on ebay, this will probably be my keeper as I simply wanted an Ork with some form of true halloween element such as a bat, witch, pumpkin....my other thought was to go after a witchimcallit with a bog coming out of the cauldron as I really like the Bogs.  If I am lucky enough to stumble across a Bog, Ork combo with some form of true halloween element such as bat, pumpkin, ghost, spider...then I would be all over that :-)

Nice one. Almost looks like the bat is carrying the Ork away.

Online Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2011, 09:45:03 AM »
Here is my latest that I bought 2nd hand on ebay, this will probably be my keeper as I simply wanted an Ork with some form of true halloween element such as a bat, witch, pumpkin....my other thought was to go after a witchimcallit with a bog coming out of the cauldron as I really like the Bogs.  If I am lucky enough to stumble across a Bog, Ork combo with some form of true halloween element such as bat, pumpkin, ghost, spider...then I would be all over that :-)

Funny you should say that...I have got to post my sketches...I THINK I have a ORK/BOG Combo...didn't even notice it at first..put them in the binder so fast...then upon further inspection...I will post scan tonight!!

That is a beautiful sketch..one of the best ones I've seen so far - the ORK is AWESOME!!and any combo with him surely says "HAPPY HALLOWEDEENNNN" - Love the BAT...

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2011, 10:59:02 AM »
If that's a Cracker Drac bat, it's a combo!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2011, 12:55:14 PM »
Thanks for posting those. I would love to find a Hairi-Boo with the little ghosts pictured. Love those little guys.

here's one...

I think it is. I was in sleep-deprivation mode when I drew some of these...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 01:32:53 PM by koduck »

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2011, 02:11:35 PM »
here's one...

Best sketch of this series I've seen yet! Love it.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2011, 03:04:27 PM »

that is too funny and I don't even "chase" combos, just grabbed it because I liked it!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2011, 03:04:58 PM »
Funny you should say that...I have got to post my sketches...I THINK I have a ORK/BOG Combo...didn't even notice it at first..put them in the binder so fast...then upon further inspection...I will post scan tonight!!

That is a beautiful sketch..one of the best ones I've seen so far - the ORK is AWESOME!!and any combo with him surely says "HAPPY HALLOWEDEENNNN" - Love the BAT...

Thanks!  I look forward to seeing your sketches!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2011, 01:32:29 PM »
Here's an update on the BOG RED army...  Anyone have others to enlist?

« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 05:30:20 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2011, 02:24:01 PM »
I'm loving the bog guys. I do have the top 3rd from the left.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2011, 02:26:31 PM »
I'm loving the bog guys. I do have the top 3rd from the left.

Me too. I like that one Brad! I picked up the one on the far right, 3rd row down -- liked the dark background -- eerie...

Love that Pat went with a ton of variations on a theme here. Really neat.

Online lucidjc

« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2011, 02:37:24 PM »
Me too. I like that one Brad! I picked up the one on the far right, 3rd row down -- liked the dark background -- eerie...

So it was you who stomped me on the bog sketch. Congrats! that is a beauty. Very eerie backround, 50's B/W SciFi outer spacey.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2011, 02:40:34 PM »

Mine is row 4 column 2. But I also really like row 1 column 4 and row 2, column 3... He'll, I love 'em all.

Online Joe G.

« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2011, 02:55:30 PM »
Scoot, very cool!  Great work.  That's 25 total so far.  We know Jay did 50 of his.  Anyone have a sense of how many sketches per artist.  We have 660 sketches and 6 artists.  I suspect that Brent and Joe did at least 150 each based on how many are on the market but have no idea how many Neil and Zapata did.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2011, 03:42:47 PM »
Mine is row 4 column 2. But I also really like row 1 column 4 and row 2, column 3... He'll, I love 'em all.
Mine is row 4 column 3.  But like you, love them all!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2011, 03:45:55 PM »
The last one at the bottom reminds me of a monster from the classic Scooby Doo cartoons.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2011, 03:50:19 PM »
Agreed, love them all. I don't own one yet, this is going to be a hard set for me to just pick one keeper sketch, I think I am going to violate my rule!

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2011, 03:51:11 PM »

My son called that one the drunken bog creature.  :great:

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2011, 03:53:13 PM »
This is the sketch I got from the unopened pack I was asking about last week off Ebay:

Offline bandaches

« Reply #159 on: October 29, 2011, 03:55:25 PM »
This is the sketch I got from the unopened pack I was asking about last week off Ebay:

Nice, I doubt it was a reseal, I just traded to get a similar sketch as I like Matt's work!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 07:58:30 AM by bandaches »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #160 on: October 29, 2011, 03:56:50 PM »
Here's an update on the BOG RED army...  Anyone have others to enlist?

Wow, that's some collection you got there!  I'll give you $1,000.00 for the entire lot!  LOL

Would you believe it's 2 days before Halloween and I am in the middle of a bad snowstorm!  We already have a ton of downed branches and trees, and many roads are closed.  The # of people without power is already at 500,000, and we are supposed to get 8-12" total.  Crazy.  I have a nice dogwood right in my front yard and literally half of it is on the ground broken.  I don't think anything will be left of it by morning.

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #161 on: October 29, 2011, 05:14:24 PM »
Scoot, very cool!  Great work.  That's 25 total so far.  We know Jay did 50 of his.  Anyone have a sense of how many sketches per artist.  We have 660 sketches and 6 artists.  I suspect that Brent and Joe did at least 150 each based on how many are on the market but have no idea how many Neil and Zapata did.

As a I was organizing screen captures from eBay to get all the Bogs together, I was thinking that Brent and Neil must have done, perhaps,  more than an equal share of this series. Looks like Pat's sketches were limited to bogs and Joe Simko's to Toothsie Roll and Zapata to Human Heads but Brent seems to have sketches in most other titles, including Bogs.  All the Crackers Dracs I have seen are Brent's as well as Hairi-Boos. Brent did some Hairy Mane, Orcs, and Alltoads as well. Busy guy. Neil appears to have done all Witchamacallits and a good portion of Orcs and all the cross- over titles I have seen.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #162 on: October 29, 2011, 05:35:24 PM »
Here's the one I got.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2011, 05:40:10 PM »
Found this link to Brent Engstrom's site where he has posted images of all the sketches he created.  Thanks Brent for posting, really fun to see!

http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com/

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #164 on: October 29, 2011, 05:44:27 PM »
Here's the one I got.

Awesome! It's Blinky!  7F01!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 05:47:24 PM by Sue Mee »
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #165 on: October 29, 2011, 05:50:46 PM »
Found this link to Brent Engstrom's site where he has posted images of all the sketches he created.  Thanks Brent for posting, really fun to see!

Thanks for posting this. Great to see.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #166 on: October 29, 2011, 06:28:11 PM »

I don't think I have seen one of Brent's bog or Lemonheads show up yet. Now that is really strange.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #167 on: October 29, 2011, 06:52:28 PM »
I don't think I have seen one of Brent's bog or Lemonheads show up yet. Now that is really strange.
Brent's bog creatures have shown up previously.  Here's the auction number for one: 170718184564.  I'm pretty sure I've seen others too.  But I don't remember seeing any of Brent's Lemonheads...

Offline Playskull

« Reply #170 on: October 29, 2011, 08:35:13 PM »
Would you believe it's 2 days before Halloween and I am in the middle of a bad snowstorm!  We already have a ton of downed branches and trees, and many roads are closed.  The # of people without power is already at 500,000, and we are supposed to get 8-12" total.  Crazy.  I have a nice dogwood right in my front yard and literally half of it is on the ground broken.  I don't think anything will be left of it by morning.

You and me both brother.  We have a big tree in our backyard and all day long the heavy snow was snapping off one major limb after another.  Its a friggin mess.  Huge Limbs lying across the entire yard, other limbs up against the house. Another limb is tangled up in a power line causing it to hang down much lower than normal. I was finally able to report this to the electric comany after getting a busy signal all day.

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #171 on: October 29, 2011, 11:23:42 PM »
You and me both brother.  We have a big tree in our backyard and all day long the heavy snow was snapping off one major limb after another.  Its a friggin mess.  Huge Limbs lying across the entire yard, other limbs up against the house. Another limb is tangled up in a power line causing it to hang down much lower than normal. I was finally able to report this to the electric comany after getting a busy signal all day.

Sorry to hear that. We had a stunning autumn out here in N Colorado and right as it peaked we were hit by a similar storm on Wed. Felt bad for the trees. I hadn't seen them change colors quite as stunning as this before.

Online lucidjc

« Reply #172 on: October 30, 2011, 02:44:10 AM »
Awesome! It's Blinky!  7F01!

I knew that was a Simpsons Ep. number. I just didnt put 2 and 2 together.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: October 30, 2011, 04:34:51 AM »
As a I was organizing screen captures from eBay to get all the Bogs together, I was thinking that Brent and Neil must have done, perhaps,  more than an equal share of this series. Looks like Pat's sketches were limited to bogs and Joe Simko's to Toothsie Roll and Zapata to Human Heads but Brent seems to have sketches in most other titles, including Bogs.  All the Crackers Dracs I have seen are Brent's as well as Hairi-Boos. Brent did some Hairy Mane, Orcs, and Alltoads as well. Busy guy. Neil appears to have done all Witchamacallits and a good portion of Orcs and all the cross- over titles I have seen.

Here's another Bog for the collection:

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #174 on: October 30, 2011, 05:26:27 AM »

Look at row 6 column 2 in all the bog sketches... That's an Engstrom. All his bog sketches I have seen are very similar to this one.