Author Topic: Halloween Series Sketches Scans  (Read 58765 times)

Offline FourRoses

Halloween Series Sketches Scans
« on: October 18, 2011, 03:06:50 PM »
Nicely done set. Bog Red seems to really stick out at me for some reason as does Ork. Mini postcard is a plus as is the Weakies propaganda material thrown into the box. The cards are sturdy and have a nice re-occurring theme on the back(s).

First two sketches are:

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Halloween Series Sketches Scans
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 03:33:15 PM »
Are those 2 of the same Lynch sketches? I wish I could read what it says.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 03:35:49 PM »
I see 2 Engstrom Vampires have shown up. That tells me that it's probably fairly common. One collector also pulled 2 of the same toothie roll sketch that are pretty similar. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say all Lynches are probably different just like PC7

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 03:49:57 PM »
Both one in the same.

"Lil' werewolf gal, we townfolk done took up a collection to buy you this one-way bus ticket to New York City! You can do your werewolfin' there from now on. We is sick of you."

Response: "Hully gee! Thanks, Mister Mayor! I've always wanted to see C-B-G-B.'s!"

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 04:57:50 PM »
Here are the three sketches I pulled.  I'm certainly getting into the Halloween spirit :d030:  Thanks to Neil and all the artists!!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:09:11 PM by Monsterettes »

Offline Playskull

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 05:23:20 PM »

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 05:26:39 PM »
Were any of these next day aired? I live in NY state and am still waiting.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 05:30:01 PM »
Were any of these next day aired? I live in NY state and am still waiting.
Just regular UPS.  I live Manhattan, so maybe that helps with shipping speed somehow?

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 05:39:25 PM »

Everyone's sketches are sketch-o-rific, but I especially like the last one you posted. Very minimalistically eerie (I don't even know the characters yet).

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 06:34:57 PM »
Everyone's sketches are sketch-o-rific, but I especially like the last one you posted. Very minimalistically eerie (I don't even know the characters yet).

I agree, that last one is dynamite.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 06:59:46 PM »

The Lynch I got is very detailed and very funny.

DrDeal

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 07:08:35 PM »
I agree, that last one is dynamite.
Yeah, all three are superb.  I got a thing for the frogs, Pat's drawing at the bottom is so eerie, and Neil's Ork is outta this world. 

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 07:55:14 PM »
Can I assume this is a Jeff Zapata sketch since the artist doesn't seemed to have signed it?  Anyone intersted in sketch trades, let me know.

Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 08:04:59 PM »
Here is another sketch up for trade if anyone wants to do some sketch trading.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:22:36 PM by BumChex »
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 08:06:59 PM »
Can I assume this is a Jeff Zapata sketch since the artist doesn't seemed to have signed it?  Anyone intersted in sketch trades, let me know.

Is that a "JZ" in the neck area?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 08:14:39 PM »

The Lynch I got is very detailed and very funny.

DrDeal

Really nice. I think you sold the combo sketch too cheap on eBay. I didn't see it until it was too late.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 08:15:40 PM »
Could be, he was the artist for this title so I assumed it is his.  I only want to get one keeper sketch, I know several collectors will try to get one of each artist sketch so I am making the two pictured available for now...

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 08:15:45 PM »

Yes, that's a Jeff Zapata for sure.  That's his postcard art too.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 08:17:24 PM »

Agreed! I just bought it off eBay without even knowing what I have coming in. I needed to burn up $65 worth of eBay bucks before the end of the month and love this sketch.
I don't think you are going to see big sales for the next day or so. People want to see what they get before buying anything.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 08:20:53 PM »

I just started to sort out the different sketch titles/artists that have surfaced so far, and it is getting crazy.  I already have seen 13 different ones, and I've counted four each already from Neil and Brent!

It's seems the artists are "cross-breeding" with this series.  For example, I've seen both All Toads and Hairy Mane from Brent, and neither of those titles were his, either concept or art.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 08:23:15 PM »
Here is another sketch up for trade if anyone wants to do some sketch trading.

The Toothies seem to be popping up quite a bit already. I've only seen 3 of the lemon guys and all are different so far

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 08:23:40 PM »

I got my 3 sets tonight and I'll post my scans in the morning. 

I absolutely love the All Toads postcard.  I think it's my favorite post-2004 Wacky!  I don't own any original art but if that one showed up I might want to take a shot.  For now I'll take the postcard and put it into a frame!

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 08:24:52 PM »
I just started to sort out the different sketch titles/artists that have surfaced so far, and it is getting crazy.  I already have seen 13 different ones, and I've counted four each already from Neil and Brent!

It's seems the artists are "cross-breeding" with this series.  For example, I've seen both All Toads and Hairy Mane from Brent, and neither of those titles were his, either concept or art.

Love this! The evolution of sketch cards is very encouraging!

I'm also hoping these excellent Lynch cards are a sign of things to come in OS3! :great:

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 08:32:11 PM »
Love this! The evolution of sketch cards is very encouraging!

Yeah, unless you are like me who try to collect all combinations!  Haha  This series is going to be brutal for me.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 08:33:04 PM »
The Toothies seem to be popping up quite a bit already. I've only seen 3 of the lemon guys and all are different so far
What is your definition of "popping up", seeing three of them?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 08:38:54 PM »
What is your definition of "popping up", seeing three of them?

Well, I've seen 4 already and they are almost all the same. With the new series just getting in a few collectors hands I would say its common. With 660 sketches I'm trying to see what are the common sketches. We've seen a few examples of very unique Lynch sketches but none have shown up on eBay yet. They will soon.
Look at the Simko PC7 sketch. Too many showed up and drove down price dramatically.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2011, 08:44:51 PM »
Well, I've seen 4 already and they are almost all the same. With the new series just getting in a few collectors hands I would say its common. With 660 sketches I'm trying to see what are the common sketches. We've seen a few examples of very unique Lynch sketches but none have shown up on eBay yet. They will soon.
Look at the Simko PC7 sketch. Too many showed up and drove down price dramatically.

I think we'll know better after another 3-4 days or so when we can look at a larger sampling.  If Joe S. only did that one title it would be one of the more common ones. 

Offline bandaches

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2011, 08:50:13 PM »
I still find it humerous that all you care about is scareness of sketches and evaluation of the "market".  I am glad I only seek one sketch I like per set now.  I give zero credance and worry to common-ness or scareness of sketches.  It allows me to purely evaluate the "look" and not the "market".

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 08:50:33 PM »
I think we'll know better after another 3-4 days or so when we can look at a larger sampling.  If Joe S. only did that one title it would be one of the more common ones. 

We'll know more in a week. We've seen these signs before and the prices drop like rocks. Basically telling people to wait on common sketches and you will find them for under $30 each in a few weeks.
I'm saying this without actually seeing what I pull! I sure hope I get 3 Lynches and one is color...LOL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 08:52:34 PM »
I still find it humerous that all you care about is scareness of sketches and evaluation of the "market".  I am glad I only seek one sketch I like per set now.  I give zero credance and worry to common-ness or scareness of sketches.  It allows me to purely evaluate the "look" and not the "market".

Read my previous post. It is about market value if you need the common sketches for your own collection. No need to pay more than you have to.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2011, 09:10:33 PM »
Read my previous post. It is about market value if you need the common sketches for your own collection. No need to pay more than you have to.
Read my post, I don't care about common-ness of sketches.  Before the common-ness or scareness is even known, I made mine available for trade just purely looking for one I want to make my keeper.  IF I trade away a "scarce" one for a common one, so be it....I don't care, get it yet?

Offline Kook

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 05:56:29 AM »

Ork looks like Tootsie Troll's cousin.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2011, 07:55:55 AM »
Read my post, I don't care about common-ness of sketches.  Before the common-ness or scareness is even known, I made mine available for trade just purely looking for one I want to make my keeper.  IF I trade away a "scarce" one for a common one, so be it....I don't care, get it yet?

Geez what climbed up your ass? I never said one thing about your collecting habits. I made a comment about Toothies and now you are comparing that to how you collect?

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2011, 10:11:16 AM »

Notice the "JZ" initials in the bottom left corner.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2011, 10:29:29 AM »
Geez what climbed up your ass? I never said one thing about your collecting habits. I made a comment about Toothies and now you are comparing that to how you collect?
I said I find it to be humerous that you primarily speak about sketches only in terms of commonness and pricing.  Barely 10 sketches have hit the market and you are already speculating on "commonness".  Do you even find the sketches cool, exciting, eerie, boring....or are they just commodities to you?  Have you noticed the number of "combos" like Dr Popper has?  I think the "combo" that drdeal sold on ebay last night for $65 was cool and I am kicking myself for not buying it as it would likely have been my keeper even if it turns out later that 100 similars ones were created.

Will a new wacky pack series be able to come to market without the first concern being "value" before an analysis of the gags and coolness of the product is discussed?

anything