Author Topic: Halloween PC unopen set wanted  (Read 3773 times)

Offline Kook

Halloween PC unopen set wanted
« on: October 18, 2011, 06:34:22 AM »
Hi all,
Missed out on the PC release this time around. If anyone has an unopened set that they are willing to sell for $125 shipped, please PM me. Thanks, Bill

Offline Kook

Re: Halloween PC unopen set wanted
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 07:30:42 PM »
Thanks to a few members for your offers. I picked up 1 aftermarket set. That will do it this time around, though I will still try to put a bio set together. If anyone has any extra bio cards they would consider selling, please PM. I'll need 6 more, though I'm just not sure which ones yet.

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 06:38:38 PM »
I received an unopened HPC2011 that I bought off ebay recently. When I went to open the pack I noticed that there is a seal in two separate places on the envelope keeping it shut. The packs that I ordered from Topps only had 1 area where the seal/glue holds it shut. I was wondering if anybody else has received the packs like this or not. Im not going to open until I know for sure. Any help on this is appeciated.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 06:44:57 PM »
I received an unopened HPC2011 that I bought off ebay recently. When I went to open the pack I noticed that there is a seal in two separate places on the envelope keeping it shut. The packs that I ordered from Topps only had 1 area where the seal/glue holds it shut. I was wondering if anybody else has received the packs like this or not. Im not going to open until I know for sure. Any help on this is appeciated.

The three packs I received all had two "dollops" of glue less than an inch apart near the center of the wrapper.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 07:29:07 PM »

It's sad to say but if you are buying postcard sets advertsied as unopened on ebay you are buying at you own risk.  If you're not picky about what sketch card you get you're probably going to be fine, but if you are hoping for something reallly cool and unique to go with your set you'll probably be disappointed.

My sets barely had any glue holding the envelope together, so that combined with the fact that there are sellers out there who's primary goal is to make a profit on these makes it pretty risky.

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 07:40:10 PM »
I got both packs with one spot of glue and two spots of glue.  The only thing in common was the glue was very specifically a small spot that very easily pulls apart. 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 08:54:14 PM »
My experience was identical to bandaches.

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 06:25:39 AM »
Good to know, I will probably crack this pack later tonight. Will post what was inside too. Thanks for the info on this to all who chimed in.

anything