Author Topic: WACKY POSTCARDS HALLOWEEN RELEASE  (Read 110050 times)

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
Re: WACKY POSTCARDS HALLOWEEN RELEASE
« Reply #280 on: October 15, 2011, 06:10:44 AM »
Looks like they're sold out now.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #281 on: October 15, 2011, 06:14:16 AM »
Looks like they're sold out now.

Hopefully Bill got them - there were 3 left when I looked a few minutes ago.

Also, for anyone else who shows up later today, it doesn't hurt to check back on the link periodically.  Sometimes sets get added back later on.

http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-871/2011-Wacky-Packages-Postcards/Detail

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2011, 06:19:11 AM »
Looking foreward to seeing what they look like.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2011, 06:23:58 AM »
Looking foreward to seeing what they look like.

Me too!!  7 titles shown or partially shown on the ad, and the title of the bonus card seems to add up with the 8 artists.  I wonder what the mini postcard is.......

It'd be cool if Topps puts an Old School promo in with the orders   ;)

Offline Kook

« Reply #284 on: October 15, 2011, 07:09:28 AM »
Hopefully Bill got them - there were 3 left when I looked a few minutes ago.

Also, for anyone else who shows up later today, it doesn't hurt to check back on the link periodically.  Sometimes sets get added back later on.

http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/the-871/2011-Wacky-Packages-Postcards/Detail

Thanks for checking back. I'll check during the day today, but the store says SOLD OUT now. :'(

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #285 on: October 15, 2011, 07:30:24 AM »
Sorry I didn't send you a PM Ernie, I thought I saw that you posted after the announcement. Sorry to others that I missed as well - I was not very organized and was just shotgunning PMs randomly. We need a better system!
No worries dude, it was not your job.  It seems while the buddy system was somewhat reckless, it still found a way to work to some degree  :great:
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #286 on: October 15, 2011, 07:31:40 AM »
I missed it too. This is the first release I missed. Thanks for sending the notice Dr Sushi, I just got it a bit too late. Strange thing is, the link is still live on topps and it doesn't show sold out. It just doesn't add anything to your shopping cart.
I also tried to ping you via PM hoping your are set up so PM's are sent to your email  I didn't have everyone's email addresses handy.  Sorry this didn't work out.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #287 on: October 15, 2011, 07:32:46 AM »
No worries dude, it was not your job.  It seems while the buddy system was somewhat reckless, it still found a way to work to some degree  :great:

That was my hope, if we just sent out a bunch of PMs that those people would tell two friends, then those people would tell two friends, and so on, and so on...

Glad you got your sets!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #288 on: October 15, 2011, 07:36:30 AM »
I missed it too. This is the first release I missed. Thanks for sending the notice Dr Sushi, I just got it a bit too late. Strange thing is, the link is still live on topps and it doesn't show sold out. It just doesn't add anything to your shopping cart.

Dang, sorry I was late. It just occurred to me this am to go through my PMs to hit more people. As Pat said, keep trying - sometimes people have some in their carts or just cancel an order. Also consider PMing Neil (Koduck) as he usually tries to get those left out a set (I'm a bit of an expert at being left out on these!).

Offline bandaches

« Reply #289 on: October 15, 2011, 07:44:51 AM »
Dang, sorry I was late. It just occurred to me this am to go through my PMs to hit more people. As Pat said, keep trying - sometimes people have some in their carts or just cancel an order. Also consider PMing Neil (Koduck) as he usually tries to get those left out a set (I'm a bit of an expert at being left out on these!).
I think people need to stop playing "how many are left" as this causes supply to be locked into carts and prevents some of the late comers from getting any that might remain.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #290 on: October 15, 2011, 08:13:47 AM »
I think people need to stop playing "how many are left" as this causes supply to be locked into carts and prevents some of the late comers from getting any that might remain.

I agree.  Those queued up lots are not available near the end to people who are trying to get some.  We all know this stuff sells out quickly, I don't think that it's crucial that we all know the exact minute they are sold out.
Still looking for Series 17

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #291 on: October 15, 2011, 08:27:57 AM »
Thank  you for contacting me.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #292 on: October 15, 2011, 08:33:14 AM »

That's a good point.  Someone who tries towards the end and wasn't able to add to their cart may have got discouraged and walked away, when it may have worked 5 minutes later.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #293 on: October 15, 2011, 08:40:16 AM »
series 7 had 6 bio cards and you got two per pack so if my math is correct their were 166 possible set unless I missed something? with the additional sets you have more bio cards but now we have 8 in a set so the total is about the same. ??

Your right, I'm not sure what I was looking at last night but I was using 1 bio-card per set for series 7 and it's 2 per set.  So like you said it end up being almost exactly the same if your goal is to get a full set of bio's.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #294 on: October 15, 2011, 08:48:33 AM »
It's me. I bought 3 sets then put one on ebay........  >:D

That's cool, I am glad it wasn't that guy. I'm hoping that the major scalpers missed out completely.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #295 on: October 15, 2011, 08:50:16 AM »

The morning after

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #296 on: October 15, 2011, 09:05:48 AM »
Thank  you for contacting me.

No problem, I hope you got your set(s)!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #297 on: October 15, 2011, 09:44:14 AM »
I'm amazed that it made it through the night. I'm thinking the flippers didn't get in on 100 sets this time otherwise it would have sold out quicker.
There are a few flippers on ebay now but it looks like these guys only got in on 3 each.
I'll be content with 3 sets this time....until I see the cool sketches and then all hell breaks loose...LOL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #298 on: October 15, 2011, 09:45:27 AM »
The morning after

(Image removed from quote.)

Too funny! We didn't break any online records last night but it was a hell of a party!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #299 on: October 15, 2011, 12:26:35 PM »
I'm amazed that it made it through the night. I'm thinking the flippers didn't get in on 100 sets this time otherwise it would have sold out quicker.
There are a few flippers on ebay now but it looks like these guys only got in on 3 each.
I'll be content with 3 sets this time....until I see the cool sketches and then all hell breaks loose...LOL

I agree that this may have thwarted the flippers, at least to some degree. Since it took until this morning for the postcards to sell out, anyone who was really interested and had checked the forum in the last 2 days (since Neil put up the riddle) would probably be checking AND have some time to make their purchase. I personally think this method was better than previous versions.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #300 on: October 15, 2011, 12:34:55 PM »
and it looks like those 2 auctions at the outlandish $179 BIN are really from the same guy, along with that bonus card.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #301 on: October 15, 2011, 12:37:32 PM »
I agree that this may have thwarted the flippers, at least to some degree. Since it took until this morning for the postcards to sell out, anyone who was really interested and had checked the forum in the last 2 days (since Neil put up the riddle) would probably be checking AND have some time to make their purchase. I personally think this method was better than previous versions.
I think if we can implement a good text messaging tree, as has been suggested, this could work even better. Texts can reach a lot of us at times when PM's and emails may not.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #302 on: October 15, 2011, 12:40:11 PM »
F*CK! F*CK! F*CK! F*CK! F*CK! F*CK! F*CK! F*CK! F*CK! F*CK! F*CK! F*CK! F*CK! F*CK!
I've been out of town for 2 days and completely missed this. I thought it would be next week.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Dracky

« Reply #303 on: October 15, 2011, 01:01:41 PM »
and it looks like those 2 auctions at the outlandish $179 BIN are really from the same guy, along with that bonus card.
Actually your assumption is incorrect. I am selling one of the sets and my twin brother is selling the other. We both write Wacky concepts for Topps including 3 of the 8 featured in this Halloween series. As far as describing the asking price as "outlandish", I respectfully disagree. The auctions are BIN or Best Offer If they sell at the BIN price then that's the fair market rate at the time....if they sell for less through a Best Offer then that's what they're worth. If they don't sell at all then we'll enjoy opening the packs ourselves. I see that as pretty fair. I also find it funny that many folks on this forum "flip" Wackys on a regular basis then have the nerve to call others out for the exact same behavior. Why is it anyone's business what someone does with the extra allotted packs they purchase? Afterall, nobody is being forced to spend the $179 through a BIN.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 01:27:49 PM by Dracky »

Offline Croca-Cola

« Reply #304 on: October 15, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »
One of the more lucid comments to hit this forum in a long time.  :great:

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #305 on: October 15, 2011, 01:48:54 PM »
Actually your assumption is incorrect. I am selling one of the sets and my twin brother is selling the other. We both write Wacky concepts for Topps including 3 of the 8 featured in this Halloween series. As far as describing the asking price as "outlandish", I respectfully disagree. The auctions are BIN or Best Offer If they sell at the BIN price then that's the fair market rate at the time....if they sell for less through a Best Offer then that's what they're worth. If they don't sell at all then we'll enjoy opening the packs ourselves. I see that as pretty fair. I also find it funny that many folks on this forum "flip" Wackys on a regular basis then have the nerve to call others out for the exact same behavior. Why is it anyone's business what someone does with the extra allotted packs they purchase? Afterall, nobody is being forced to spend the $179 through a BIN.

Ouch!! Go Dracky - Love live Capitalism!!  ;D ;D ;D

I think the major thrust behind forum members here with their OCD of the Halloween PC's is the people (ie "scum suckers") that go around the 3 limit rule and have their entire family tree buy 80 sets then flip them on the 'bay' for good profit...we're after them - lynch'em I say!!! >:D >:D

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #306 on: October 15, 2011, 01:56:32 PM »
One of the more lucid comments to hit this forum in a long time.  :great:

What? You want me to post more? OK

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #307 on: October 15, 2011, 02:02:51 PM »
Capitalism is GREAT, as long as the people benifiting from it arnt the ones bashing it. I.E> All of hollywood, these F*cking clowns running the hippy protests, and that A$$hole Michael Moore. 

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #308 on: October 15, 2011, 02:18:56 PM »
What if Topps auctioned off each set 1 at a time, instead of a public retail release? Is that capitalism, is it fair market value, or is it gluttony? Who desides?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #309 on: October 15, 2011, 03:46:44 PM »

Anyone can do whatever they want with the cards. We are just pointing out that they are showing up. It doesn't matter if you list them for $300 a set that doesn't mean anyone will pay it. Hey, if someone pays those prices then you did really well. With 660 sets I don't think the prices will go that high this time. Bonus cards will be selling under $10 in a week. I know quite a few sketches could go high but we still don't know the repeats yet.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #310 on: October 15, 2011, 04:44:03 PM »
Capitalism is GREAT, as long as the people benifiting from it arnt the ones bashing it. I.E> All of hollywood, these F*cking clowns running the hippy protests, and that A$$hole Michael Moore. 

Couldn't agree more...Wait until you see what the cops have in store for those clowns @ Zuccotti park...Must see TV...

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #311 on: October 15, 2011, 05:13:54 PM »
Couldn't agree more...Wait until you see what the cops have in store for those clowns @ Zuccotti park...Must see TV...

Couldn't disagree more with your attitude.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #312 on: October 15, 2011, 07:42:14 PM »
How do others like the night releases? I, for one, would rather have them like this most recent one was rather than trying to steal  time away at work during the day and feel guilty (ha!) about using the Internet for personal reasons. 
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #313 on: October 15, 2011, 09:27:01 PM »
Couldn't disagree more with your attitude.
Agree with you totally.  Referring to people who are calling out for change, who are tired of corporate welfare and tired of politicans passing laws that they are exempt, who Arne tired of the money putting their puppet politicians in office as clowns is quite ignorant statement.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #314 on: October 15, 2011, 09:46:51 PM »

Why do you like Wacky's?
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

anything