Author Topic: WP threads - made in Thailand  (Read 3012 times)

Offline Bladerunner

WP threads - made in Thailand
« on: September 28, 2011, 03:07:18 AM »
I had two pieces of WP fabric and wanted a custom shirt made for myself. In the Los Angeles area, there are hardly any tailors that will actually do it and the ones that will want $300 to make a shirt from scratch. I go to South East Asia to chill out at least once a year. In Bangkok there are thousands of Indian-owned tailor shops who will make a suit for an unbelievably low price. To make a long story short, check out my cool shirt and my wife's cool skirt - both made for less than $20 each, from the 35 year old pieces of fabric pictured.

Cheers,
Steve

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: WP threads - made in Thailand
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 03:57:42 AM »
Wow, really nice!  So, has your Wacky shirt streak remained unbroken?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 07:48:38 AM »
That is pretty cool. It looks so retro.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 08:27:38 AM »
I had two pieces of WP fabric and wanted a custom shirt made for myself. In the Los Angeles area, there are hardly any tailors that will actually do it and the ones that will want $300 to make a shirt from scratch. I go to South East Asia to chill out at least once a year. In Bangkok there are thousands of Indian-owned tailor shops who will make a suit for an unbelievably low price. To make a long story short, check out my cool shirt and my wife's cool skirt - both made for less than $20 each, from the 35 year old pieces of fabric pictured.

Cheers,
Steve

Dude,

Nice..what material is the fabric - cotton?? looks a little stiff?? judging from your faces... :] :] :]

What else is cheap in bangkok??? :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 05:45:02 PM »

Cheers,
Steve

Looks great...  but check out that woman in the background.... it's good to see that those skirts come in all sizes.  :-)
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 07:04:36 PM »
OMG that is funny!

Offline Bladerunner

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 08:13:29 PM »
Wow, really nice!  So, has your Wacky shirt streak remained unbroken?

Technically it hasn't been broken, but that's because I've sometimes worn a Wacky shirt underneath another shirt. For at least part of any particular day, the design was exposed for all to see.

Dude,

Nice..what material is the fabric - cotton?? looks a little stiff?? judging from your faces... :] :] :]

What else is cheap in bangkok??? :-\ :-\ :-\

I'd say both fabrics are a poly/cotton blend...the black is a bit softer. Neither are very stiff...guess that's just the way we look in pictures. Thanks for noticing. There are many lovely things one can purchase for dirt cheap in Bangkok...I'm sure you'd find something you'd like!

Looks great...  but check out that woman in the background.... it's good to see that those skirts come in all sizes.  :-)

Actually, that's my mom.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:17:53 PM by Bladerunner »

Offline Bladerunner

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 07:28:07 PM »
If anyone has anymore of this kind of fabric I'd be interested in purchasing it...I need pieces at least 44" by 90."