Author Topic: Anyone have a scan of Cracked Animals?  (Read 3281 times)

Offline crackedjerk

Anyone have a scan of Cracked Animals?
« on: September 27, 2011, 05:27:29 PM »
Not sure if this is the section to post this in, but I have a request.  A friend of mine, who is far more computer savvy than I, is helping me with a little homemade Wacky project.  I'm trying to get really clear scans of some of my favorite wackys.  The one I don't have is Cracked Animals.  Anyone have a scan of Cracked they could send me?  I"m told it needs to be 600 dpi.  While centering isn't an issue, having a real clear image is.  If anyone can help me out, I'd be much obliged!

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Anyone have a scan of Cracked Animals?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 05:41:54 PM »
I take it the one on Greg's page isn't a high enough resolution

[expando]http://www.wackypackages.org/stickers/die-cuts/fronts/crackedanimals_38_front_small.jpg[/expando]

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 05:46:04 PM »

I take it the one on Greg's page isn't a high enough resolution

[expando]http://www.wackypackages.org/stickers/die-cuts/fronts/crackedanimals_38_front_small.jpg[/expando]

Thanks!  That's a good question and shows you my ignorance about all things technology.  Is there a way to tell how many dpi that image is?  I'll certainly check with my friend as I hadn't even pointed that out to him (mostly 'cause I didn't think of it).  I just know he told me to get one that's 600 dpi.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 06:05:31 PM »
Not sure if this is the section to post this in, but I have a request.  A friend of mine, who is far more computer savvy than I, is helping me with a little homemade Wacky project.  I'm trying to get really clear scans of some of my favorite wackys.  The one I don't have is Cracked Animals.  Anyone have a scan of Cracked they could send me?  I"m told it needs to be 600 dpi.  While centering isn't an issue, having a real clear image is.  If anyone can help me out, I'd be much obliged!

I'm not sure what you're using it for but you would probably be better off getting a scan of the repro that was done around the time of the lost wacky sets because it looks much better than an old die-cut.  600 dpi is very large though, like even high-end printing can be 300-400 dpi.  I'm not sure doing 600 dpi would be of any benefit when you're scanning a printed piece.  If you had the art it would be different, but with a printed card your just basically blowing up defects. 

Let me know if the repro would work and I could scan one for you.

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 06:25:03 PM »
I'm not sure what you're using it for but you would probably be better off getting a scan of the repro that was done around the time of the lost wacky sets because it looks much better than an old die-cut.  600 dpi is very large though, like even high-end printing can be 300-400 dpi.  I'm not sure doing 600 dpi would be of any benefit when you're scanning a printed piece.  If you had the art it would be different, but with a printed card your just basically blowing up defects. 

Let me know if the repro would work and I could scan one for you.

Thanks, Rob, that's another thought that hadn't occured to me.  Yeah, if you could scan one for me that would be great!  If you can email it to me at zoesfriend@hotmail.com, I can forward it to my friend.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 06:34:34 PM »

No problem, I should have time tomorrow.  Just to be safe he's not printing repros from the scan, right? 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 06:41:18 PM »
No problem, I should have time tomorrow.  Just to be safe he's not printing repros from the scan, right? 

That's fantastic, Rob!  And, no, he's definitely not printing repros. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 09:19:08 PM »
Greg did 400 dpi res on his site. I have no idea what this image is at until I download it and analyze it with Photoshop. I'm with Rob that it may not make much difference. It looks pretty good the way it is. Why does it matter how high of a re it is?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 09:58:25 AM »
Greg did 400 dpi res on his site. I have no idea what this image is at until I download it and analyze it with Photoshop. I'm with Rob that it may not make much difference. It looks pretty good the way it is. Why does it matter how high of a re it is?

You know, I'm not sure why it needs to be 600.  Perhaps my friend was just thinking it'd be that much easier/better to work with 600 and assumed it wouldn't be hard to get such resolution.  I'll pass on Rob's scan to him and see if it would be sufficient.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 10:19:31 AM »
That image is 400 DPI. I'm thinking he wants it 600 for a larger image.

anything