Author Topic: WP Old School 3 - Spoiler Thread  (Read 235962 times)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
Re: WP Old School 3 - Spoiler Thread
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2011, 03:29:45 PM »

Thank you for the pic of the OS 3 promo card, If everyone on here has liked OS 1 & 2 so far, Then I think 3 will be just as good.

I don't see the picture at all. Do you have to have a twitter account and be logged in to see it? Could some who does see it copy it and post another here?  :-\
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2011, 04:39:30 PM »
I don't see the picture at all. Do you have to have a twitter account and be logged in to see it? Could some who does see it copy it and post another here?  :-\

Click on the "Display Media" button -- not exactly intuitive! I had the same problem...  :great:

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2011, 07:20:31 PM »
Click on the "Display Media" button -- not exactly intuitive! I had the same problem...  :great:

Thanks ! Love it - looks like it's gonna be an awesome series if they are like this one !!!

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2011, 04:33:47 PM »
Paul Hart is one of the UK's great collector/dealers - I've had many great deals with him on candy stuff.   I agree that he's a very cool guy.

Your right JL, He is cool.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2011, 04:36:18 PM »

No I don't have a Twitter account.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2011, 09:41:03 PM »
I just sent out an email with some general info about Old School 3. All email accounts with Yahoo.com came back returned. I guess they consider it spam if you send out such a large email. I'll have to note that for the pre-sale and send them in smaller or single emails. Anyway, I will post it here as well.

Also, anyone who is not on the mailing list or has a change of email please LMK.

Greetings Wacky fans,

I just wanted to let everyone know that Wacky Packages Old School 3 is heavily underway and will be available before the year ends. I will let everyone know when the pre-sale is scheduled. This time it will be set when the sketches are all in and printing is underway so as to avoid the long delays of the previous two series. We will also have some new rules to ensure everyone gets boxes for the pre-sale.

The series is even bigger than before with lots of great surprises; 33 1970's style stickers, a 9 piece puzzle checklist, a series 4 promo mini sticker, a sketch card in every box and...well, I can't tell the rest right now except to say that that is barely the half of it. Color and B&W sketch cards will be by sketch superstars Jay Lynch, Bill Griffith, Bhob Stewart, Fred Wheaton, Brent Engstrom, Neil Camera, Matthew Kirscht, Mark Parisi, Smokin Joe McWilliams, Joe Simko, Jeff Zapata, Colin Walton and John Zeleznik.

Attached is a preview image from the series*.

Thanks!
Dave

* This card came from a promo for the Philly Non-Sport Show. They were only available at the show. They didn't even save one for me!

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2011, 09:46:48 PM »
I just sent out an email with some general info about Old School 3. All email accounts with Yahoo.com came back returned. I guess they consider it spam if you send out such a large email. I'll have to note that for the pre-sale and send them in smaller or single emails. Anyway, I will post it here as well.

Also, anyone who is not on the mailing list or has a change of email please LMK.

Greetings Wacky fans,

I just wanted to let everyone know that Wacky Packages Old School 3 is heavily underway and will be available before the year ends. I will let everyone know when the pre-sale is scheduled. This time it will be set when the sketches are all in and printing is underway so as to avoid the long delays of the previous two series. We will also have some new rules to ensure everyone gets boxes for the pre-sale.

The series is even bigger than before with lots of great surprises; 33 1970's style stickers, a 9 piece puzzle checklist, a series 4 promo mini sticker, a sketch card in every box and...well, I can't tell the rest right now except to say that that is barely the half of it. Color and B&W sketch cards will be by sketch superstars Jay Lynch, Bill Griffith, Bhob Stewart, Fred Wheaton, Brent Engstrom, Neil Camera, Matthew Kirscht, Mark Parisi, Smokin Joe McWilliams, Joe Simko, Jeff Zapata, Colin Walton and John Zeleznik.

Thanks!
Dave

* This card came from a promo for the Philly Non-Sport Show. They were only available at the show. They didn't even save one for me!

I've got to say that's one of the coolest Wackys I've seen in a long time.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 09:55:54 PM by Sue Mee »
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2011, 12:25:27 AM »
I've got to say that's one of the coolest Wackys I've seen in a long time.

The artwork, especially on the kid, is fantastic. Too bad they picked a re-run product though to be the promo. All I keep seeing is "Mr. Stubble".

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2011, 07:21:43 AM »
The artwork, especially on the kid, is fantastic. Too bad they picked a re-run product though to be the promo. All I keep seeing is "Mr. Stubble".

I think Mr. Stubble is a great Wacky. I really like this one too, Mr. Babble. At a quick glance I can see how the two could get confused, but since the title is so different on the box and the Pink box with the kid instead of the white box with the bubble, it stands out to me as different. I'm not into the re-run products too much, but I like both the gag and artwork on this one. It gives a really good feel of a vintage 70's Wacky. Since this Olds series is retro, I can imagine it would be hard to find "new" old products that are easily recognizable and that haven't been spoofed already. If this whole series is as good as that promo or better, then I can say that this will be my favorite Olds Series to date, really looking forward to it.

Thanks for putting the Great Duznt avitar up, always cool to see that John !
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 07:23:46 AM by Playbug »

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2011, 09:39:38 AM »

My rule for the series is if the product was never done in series 1-16 it can be used. The pink box is the classic box and so I wanted to get this one in. There is no way to avoid clashing with ANS (or '85 & '91) on some of the products but it will be in the vintage 70s packaging if they appear.

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2011, 12:01:01 PM »
I originally did the rough using the current packaging for Mr. Bubble but it wasn't used. Then I sent it to Dave for consideration in Old School 3. He converted it to the 70s packaging and it came out great!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2011, 01:02:04 PM »

Greetings Wacky fans,

Thanks!
Dave

Looks great, Dave!  Thanks for the update.  If Mr Babble is any indication, it will be another fantastic series! 

I don't recall the specifics of what you said, but is there going to be a promo and/or article in the next issue of Non-Sport Update on OLDS3?  I have a subscription to the magazine so I'm really hoping there is.  And I'm really hoping to pick up one of these promos.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2011, 02:46:36 PM »
I originally did the rough using the current packaging for Mr. Bubble but it wasn't used. Then I sent it to Dave for consideration in Old School 3. He converted it to the 70s packaging and it came out great!

And that kid looks really annoyed !

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2011, 02:49:57 PM »
And that kid looks really annoyed !

yeah, his expression reminds me of the kids on the Awful Bits box, with an extra helping of Norman Mingo!
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2011, 04:55:58 PM »
Looks great, Dave!  Thanks for the update.  If Mr Babble is any indication, it will be another fantastic series! 

I don't recall the specifics of what you said, but is there going to be a promo and/or article in the next issue of Non-Sport Update on OLDS3?  I have a subscription to the magazine so I'm really hoping there is.  And I'm really hoping to pick up one of these promos.

I thought they wanted it for the magazine but it was for the promo card for the show. I'm not sure if there is an article or promo in the magazine. I'll ask tomorrow.  They didn't even save me a promo. Anyone here have one they can give me??

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2011, 04:57:42 PM »
Here is a rejected Mr. Bubble gag Fred and I came up with.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2011, 05:07:18 PM »
Here is another reject by Fred & me.

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2011, 05:28:21 PM »

That's hilarious with him holding the beer can with his feet!!
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2011, 05:56:50 PM »

Genessee beer is a classic.  Remember that one fondly growing up.  I did a parody of that one many years ago.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Porkie

« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2011, 05:59:02 PM »
Mr. Babble is a Wacky masterpiece imo.

Absolutely brought back the old school Wacky feel. I could easily imagine someone mistaking it for an original series sticker.

Very nice artwork! And using "Blathering" in the gag is pure genius. Combining them is simply amazing. Kudos!

Offline Sue Mee

« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2011, 06:18:17 PM »
Mr. Babble is a Wacky masterpiece imo.

Absolutely brought back the old school Wacky feel. I could easily imagine someone mistaking it for an original series sticker.

Very nice artwork! And using "Blathering" in the gag is pure genius. Combining them is simply amazing. Kudos!

Yep, I predict the original artwork for Mr. Babble will fetch a mighty pretty penny!

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2011, 06:22:11 PM »

That's fantastic, as is Mr Bubbly!  I wish Topps would have accepted both of those, though I think Mr Babble is great too.  Especially for a series like Old School, I don't understand the rationale behind excluding those.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2011, 07:45:53 PM »
That's fantastic, as is Mr Bubbly!  I wish Topps would have accepted both of those, though I think Mr Babble is great too.  Especially for a series like Old School, I don't understand the rationale behind excluding those.

Someone had mentioned that Topps has banned all booze and cigaretts from new series, i would take that to mean ANS and OLS.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 07:51:15 PM by lucidjc »

Offline Porkie

« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2011, 08:00:35 PM »
Someone had mentioned that Topps has banned all booze and cigaretts from new series, i would take that to mean ANS and OLS.

OS1 had both.

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2011, 08:09:48 PM »

Love that one Dave.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2011, 08:38:13 PM »
Love that one Dave.

Made me laugh out loud. Ahh, the youth today.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2011, 12:36:29 PM »
Will we see a preview of the OS3 box and packs around Thanksgiving weekend?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2011, 02:46:51 PM »
Will we see a preview of the OS3 box and packs around Thanksgiving weekend?

No, but you can see the wrapper today:

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2011, 02:58:56 PM »

That's great! Thanks for sharing.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline dth1971

« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2011, 03:08:05 PM »

Nice, what a pre-Thanksgiving surprise!

Offline Porkie

« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2011, 04:07:53 PM »

Oooh. I'm digging the lid on the coffee: looks like the name might be "grim" ?

And what pray-tell is the "Official Old School Deluxe Collectors Kit" ? :)

P.S. Hope you are feeling better!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2011, 05:35:00 PM »

This looks AWESOME !!!  Looks to be another fantastic Old School Series!  Can't wait. :great:

O.K. Resume the waiting !!

Offline Playskull

« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2011, 05:45:22 PM »

Despite the fact that I was hoping to see "1 stick bubble gum" on that bad boy, looks great!  Thanks for sharing!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2011, 05:54:14 PM »
Oooh. I'm digging the lid on the coffee: looks like the name might be "grim" ?

that instant coffee looked soooo familiar, but I just couldn't remember the name.
took a little searching, but found it! it's Brim!
and the flood of commercial memories begins.... fill it to the rim, with Brim!

dig those 70's colors. totally fits in with the 16th series. yellows + oranges + browns.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2011, 05:55:15 PM »
that instant coffee looked soooo familiar, but I just couldn't remember the name.
took a little searching, but found it! it's Brim!
and the flood of commercial memories begins.... fill it to the rim, with Brim!

dig those 70's colors. totally fits in with the 16th series. yellows + oranges + browns.

(Image removed from quote.)

Ahhhh, Earth tones.

anything