Author Topic: WP Old School 3 - Spoiler Thread  (Read 235934 times)

Offline DrSushi

Re: WP Old School 3 - Spoiler Thread
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2011, 06:00:10 PM »
that instant coffee looked soooo familiar, but I just couldn't remember the name.
took a little searching, but found it! it's Brim!
and the flood of commercial memories begins.... fill it to the rim, with Brim!

dig those 70's colors. totally fits in with the 16th series. yellows + oranges + browns.

(Image removed from quote.)
Speaking of memories of those jars - I can still see the crickets and grasshoppers caught in our backyard jumping in the bottom of one of them.

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2011, 07:36:54 PM »
Dave,
     What's with the black bar on the far right of the wrapper?  Are the wrappers actually cut with an optical sensor? 

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2011, 08:21:57 PM »
Dave,
     What's with the black bar on the far right of the wrapper?  Are the wrappers actually cut with an optical sensor? 

Or is it just meant to hearken back to the days when they did?  ;D

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2011, 09:30:09 AM »
No, but you can see the wrapper today:

Very Cool!

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2011, 09:31:25 AM »
Speaking of memories of those jars - I can still see the crickets and grasshoppers caught in our backyard jumping in the bottom of one of them.
You mean you did that too??   I used to catch spiders and put them in jars as well.

Offline Buzzooka

« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2011, 10:01:06 AM »
You mean you did that too??   I used to catch spiders and put them in jars as well.

The most fun was catching flies and throwing them into the web of a barn spider!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2011, 08:18:41 PM »
No, but you can see the wrapper today:

Looks great, Dave!  Thanks for posting.  I look forward to more info and/or a pre-order soon.  I was disappointed that the latest issue of Non-Sport Update didn't include some more info about the series, but appreciate your passing along what you can when you can.

Offline Crust

« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2011, 08:17:20 AM »
Dave,

Maybe that's the old friend??

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2011, 08:48:01 AM »
Maybe that's the old friend??
I've heard of "The Stranger", but what's "The Old Friend"?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=the+stranger

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2011, 09:43:54 AM »
not sure why there's all this speculation over the black bar on the wrapper?
that bar has been there since Flashback 2's in '09.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2011, 09:28:19 PM »
not sure why there's all this speculation over the black bar on the wrapper?
that bar has been there since Flashback 2's in '09.

I'm sure that is no more than an OMR mark so the machine knows where to cut wrapper. Mystery solved :great:

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2011, 09:45:26 PM »
But if the machine cuts it, it is printed on a roll first in a long strip.  So since there are fewer O.S. wrappers printed than there are say Flashback wrappers, and the black bar is functional...then doesn't the manufacturing cost go up to significant proportions?

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2011, 09:18:25 AM »
I've heard of "The Stranger", but what's "The Old Friend"?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=the+stranger

On a previous post, Dave mentioned that he could not disclose everything about the series, but he said that there would be the return of an Old Freind as a hint.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline jeffcaff

WP Old School 3 - Spoiler Thread
« Reply #118 on: November 25, 2011, 10:36:57 AM »
It finally appears that OLDS2 will be sold out soon.  I checked this afternoon and there are less than 150 boxes remaining.  This is unless Topps still has additional boxes in reserve.  With the Black Friday Weekend Sale, these may sell out by Monday.  Hopefully, we can expect solicitations for OLDS3 next week.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2011, 03:09:29 PM »
It finally appears that OLDS2 will be sold out soon.  I checked this afternoon and there are less than 150 boxes remaining.  This is unless Topps still has additional boxes in reserve.  With the Black Friday Weekend Sale, these may sell out by Monday.  Hopefully, we can expect solicitations for OLDS3 next week.
I bought (5) more.  I hope I get some good ones.  My fingers are crossed.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2011, 07:16:24 PM »

I would not expect pre-orders until sometime in mid-late December. I still have four paintings to go thanks to that freaking kidney stone. I think there are also some sketch cards not yet turned in. I don't want to rush the last four pieces as they are very detailed. They are doing the pre-order this time when everything has been turned in and is actually at the printer so people will not be waiting around. When the pre-order hits you will get it shortly thereafter. No 4 month waits.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2011, 07:37:06 AM »
I would not expect pre-orders until sometime in mid-late December. I still have four paintings to go thanks to that freaking kidney stone. I think there are also some sketch cards not yet turned in. I don't want to rush the last four pieces as they are very detailed. They are doing the pre-order this time when everything has been turned in and is actually at the printer so people will not be waiting around. When the pre-order hits you will get it shortly thereafter. No 4 month waits.

Sounds good, Dave.  Thanks for the update.  While it'd be cool to have these for Christmas, I'd actually prefer to get them in January, during the post-holiday "calmness" that follows the mania of the holidays.  Not that I really want to wait, since I'm very eager to see what the new series will bring, but January can usually use whatever fun distractions Wackys can bring.

Hope your health is better!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2011, 08:10:53 PM »
that instant coffee looked soooo familiar, but I just couldn't remember the name.
took a little searching, but found it! it's Brim!
and the flood of commercial memories begins.... fill it to the rim, with Brim!

...with the rich taste of Brim!   8)
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2011, 08:18:29 PM »

Get better soon, slamjim. I don't want your kidney stone health to cause OS3 delays.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2011, 07:29:03 AM »
Get better soon, slamjim. I don't want your kidney stone health to cause OS3 delays.

This just in : "Due to Dave's K-Stones" : OLDS3 has been CANCELLED!!!  :D

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2011, 08:07:13 AM »
This just in : "Due to Dave's K-Stones" : OLDS3 has been CANCELLED!!!  :D

Knew it would happen sooner or later - Let's just hope it's his K-Stones that have been cancelled ! For good !!!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2011, 11:01:24 AM »
*Subject to change*

The pre-sale will be starting at Noon EST on December 29th and ending at 9pm EST on the 31st.

Boxes will be limited to 6 per person for the first 24 hours (meaning Noon Friday you can buy more than 6 boxes) and will be unlimited for the remaining 33 hours (while supplies last).

I will have info on the shipping and other things next week. I will send out a mass email as well.

This is an over two week heads-up so people who only want 6 or less can plan for that Thursday. This, as well as the earlier start time, should take care of the problem from last time. The people who want a few will get them and the people who buy in bulk should have no issues as well.

Also, unlike the last two times you should be getting the boxes in around three weeks from payment not four months. Boxes should be going on regular sale in mid/ late January.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 11:20:02 AM by slamjim »

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2011, 11:07:36 AM »
*Subject to change*

The pre-sale will be starting at 9pm EST on December 29th and ending at 9pm EST on the 31st.

Boxes will be limited to 6 per person for the first 24 hours and will be unlimited for the last 48 hours (while supplies last).

I will have info on the shipping and other things next week. I will send out a mass email as well.

This is an over two week heads-up so people who only want 6 or less can plan for that Thursday. This, as well as the earlier start time, should take care of the problem from last time. The people who want a few will get them and the people who buy in bulk should have no issues as well.

Also, unlike the last two times you should be getting the boxes in around three weeks from payment not four months. Boxes should be going on regular sale in mid/ late January.

Cool beans Dave...don't let the "stones" get you down!!! ;D ;D

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2011, 11:17:08 AM »
*Subject to change*

Sound great! Thanks for watching out for us "little guys".
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:56:52 PM by DrSushi »

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2011, 11:20:36 AM »
Please note I screwed up the times. If you can adjust them in the quotes I'd appreciate it.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2011, 07:43:58 AM »
*Subject to change*

The pre-sale will be starting at Noon EST on December 29th and ending at 9pm EST on the 31st.

Boxes will be limited to 6 per person for the first 24 hours (meaning Noon Friday you can buy more than 6 boxes) and will be unlimited for the remaining 33 hours (while supplies last).
Thanks for the info. Dave hope you're feeling better and all has passed.
I just am wondering: Is there a difference of what you will recieve with your order during the 6 box limit in the 24 hour period than the period after of 33 hours? Is there any 'extra's' by preordering during this preorder window as compared to ordering during the later January release?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2011, 08:16:15 AM »
Thanks for the info. Dave hope you're feeling better and all has passed.

Thanks, feeling better.

I just am wondering: Is there a difference of what you will recieve with your order during the 6 box limit in the 24 hour period than the period after of 33 hours?

No, it's just a window so that everyone has a chance to get at least the six boxes before the people who would like to buy 10, 25, 50, 100 or whatever shut them out. It should make everyone happy as everyone will get exactly what they wanted to get. It's also starting early in the day so people can order at work or at home later without fear of missing out.

Is there any 'extra's' by preordering during this preorder window as compared to ordering during the later January release?

The boxes are cheaper and there will be free shipping for buying a certain amount of boxes. They will also be tossing in some promos and possibly other stuff. I won't know details on this stuff for a week or two.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2011, 09:42:43 AM »
Here is the box:

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2011, 09:50:37 AM »
Here is the box:

The box looks great, Dave, thanks for posting!  Thanks for the info about the pre-sale as well.  It sounds like a perfect solution so that all can get at least their six boxes while still allowing for those who want big numbers of boxes.  It's also nice to hear of discounts and/or promos for those who order early.

On a mildly related note, whatever happened to the notion of making the large sized stickers of all the OLDS1 and 2 stickers?  I forget the details, but I recall there was talk of something along that line.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2011, 09:53:53 AM »
whatever happened to the notion of making the large sized stickers of all the OLDS1 and 2 stickers?  I forget the details, but I recall there was talk of something along that line.

That is on hold. Between OLDS, Postcards, ANS and some other projects for the coming year they feel it would be Wacky (and wallet) overload.

• Administrator
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2011, 03:38:30 PM »
Here is the box:

Wow! that is looking sharp! Love the black. I was totally expecting it to be blue, like a 3rd/4th box.

and the full bleed wrappers again too. excellent!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2011, 04:33:05 PM »
Wow! that is looking sharp! Love the black. I was totally expecting it to be blue, like a 3rd/4th box.

and the full bleed wrappers again too. excellent!

Could someone please define "full bleed"

thanks

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2011, 04:44:59 PM »
Could someone please define "full bleed"

thanks

Would you believe it's a vampire show on HBO? I am used to the term meaning colored or printed from edge to edge without a border. Not sure if that's the exact meaning in this context or not however.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2011, 04:54:16 PM »
I am used to the term meaning colored or printed from edge to edge without a border. Not sure if that's the exact meaning in this context or not however.
yep, exactly that. no white edges.
I think it makes them look a bit more like original wax wrappers by not having any white visible

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2011, 05:06:41 PM »
Would you believe it's a vampire show on HBO?

No!