Author Topic: Old School qty remaining  (Read 10351 times)

Offline Kook

Old School qty remaining
« on: March 21, 2010, 08:10:29 AM »
Does anyone know how many boxes are remaining until an old school sellout? Topps website shows only 160 left? Is this it, or are there more boxes to be "restocked" to the website?

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
Re: Old School qty remaining
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 08:55:10 AM »
Does anyone know how many boxes are remaining until an old school sellout? Topps website shows only 160 left? Is this it, or are there more boxes to be "restocked" to the website?
I think that is it!
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 09:16:57 AM »

I have heard they have another 500 boxes to add but that could have happened already. We will soon find out.

Taz

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 09:22:40 AM »
Regardless of how many boxes are left for sale is it a sign they won't move forward with any other projects till they get the quota they need?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 09:38:49 AM »
The number listed is not how many are left. They don't put all of them in at once. I'd guess there is a grand or so left. 

How many are left has no affect on the next series at this point as OLDS2 has already been approved (expected to be an Oct. release).

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 09:43:02 AM »
The number listed is not how many are left. They don't put all of them in at once. I'd guess there is a grand or so left. 

How many are left has no affect on the next series at this point as OLDS2 has already been approved (expected to be an Oct. release).
Sounds GREAT!!!

Offline Kook

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 10:04:18 AM »

I'm more interested to know when it sells out for trading purposes & being able to buy new boxes in hopes of completing my set. I think the sketch prices etc... will start to increase & trading will get more difficult once new material stops flowing to everyone.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 10:22:14 AM »
I'm more interested to know when it sells out for trading purposes & being able to buy new boxes in hopes of completing my set. I think the sketch prices etc... will start to increase & trading will get more difficult once new material stops flowing to everyone.

I think they will be adding more boxes to the site soon. I'll LYK when I hear of sell-out if they don't add all the boxes. They keep some back for website phone orders and a few other reasons (I think to avoid one person taking them all but not sure).

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 10:24:09 AM »
I think they will be adding more boxes to the site soon. I'll LYK when I hear of sell-out if they don't add all the boxes. They keep some back for website phone orders and a few other reasons (I think to avoid one person taking them all but not sure).
Sounds like a good plan! :^)

Offline Playskull

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 11:09:47 AM »
It seems like they are still selling at a pretty good clip.  I guess the "free shipping" thing ain't happening anytime soon.
 >(

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »
It seems like they are still selling at a pretty good clip.  I guess the "free shipping" thing ain't happening anytime soon.
 >(
I almost hope the free shipping thing doesn't happen, or I'll be even more tempted to buy more!  But, of course, as you know from our recent deal, I should just give up, and it will happen!!

Offline Playskull

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 11:29:23 AM »
I almost hope the free shipping thing doesn't happen, or I'll be even more tempted to buy more!  But, of course, as you know from our recent deal, I should just give up, and it will happen!!
Pat, please "give up" on me pulling a colored sketch.
 :D

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 11:36:14 AM »
Pat, please "give up" on me pulling a colored sketch.
 :D
You got it!!!!

And, you know, I'll never get the "This Crud's for You" sketch!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 11:59:59 AM »
It seems like they are still selling at a pretty good clip.  I guess the "free shipping" thing ain't happening anytime soon.
 >(

There will be another free shipping promotion but it won't be for a bit. That's the type of thing they will do when they want to blow out other old stock and you can take advantage of it to get the Wacky stuff. I will LYK when it's planned. It will be a one-day type of thing.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 02:16:24 PM »
It doesn't look like anybody will be buying Old School from Card Gary. His site is gone.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 02:20:49 PM »
It doesn't look like anybody will be buying Old School from Card Gary. His site is gone.
Interesting...he still has active auctions on ebay.  280473380401 is one.

Offline Kook

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 08:17:55 PM »

I just went to the Topps website, and Old School is marked SOLD OUT!?!?! Is this true?

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 08:22:57 PM »
I looked earlier today & it said 120 boxes. I was thinking about getting another box or two.
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Kook

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 08:34:19 PM »
I looked earlier today & it said 120 boxes. I was thinking about getting another box or two.

Same here. When I mentioned the qty was getting low before, I got responses that indicated there was more inventory to add, and not to pay attention to the qty listed. I hope the website has only run dry temporarily until they can add more inventory tomorrow. i wanted to buy a few more boxes myself.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 10:21:35 PM »
I dont know what the quantity is but I would guess over 400 at this point. I think what happened is once it got down to below 100 everybody went crazy and there was no one at Topps to update the number. I wish they would just put in the actual number if they are not sold out.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 08:30:17 AM »
I dont know what the quantity is but I would guess over 400 at this point. I think what happened is once it got down to below 100 everybody went crazy and there was no one at Topps to update the number. I wish they would just put in the actual number if they are not sold out.

Dave mentioned above that there was about 1000 left so that could put us around 500 or so. They just need to update their website.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 08:49:52 AM »
Well they still haven't updated quantities, maybe they really are out of stock?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 09:07:07 AM »
It says it's Out Of Stock on the website but I don't see how that is possible. Someone needs to update the list. There was around 1000 left last I spoke to them and I seriously doubt someone bought them all. I know they had around 1000 stored in a different warehouse that were being shipped over to them once the baseball cards cases were low enough to fit them so maybe they are waiting for them to get to the shop before putting them back into stock. Don't want to sell something you can't ship out right away. I will call them about it today.

Offline kidwacky

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 12:43:18 PM »
I just check on the topps website. the site lists there are 379 boxes available. March 31, 2010 at 2:35 pm CST.

Offline Kook

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 08:23:23 AM »
I just check on the topps website. the site lists there are 379 boxes available. March 31, 2010 at 2:35 pm CST.

A couple of notes:
I just checked the qty remaining today 4/1 11:20am est. Stands at 357. I know they added 500 last week after the supply ran dry. Does anyone know if this is the last 500, or are there 500 more? This may be it!

FYI: Also, I found that the "WackyShip" promo code shown on the uncut sheet item also works with old school boxes. Not sure if it's a glitch, or on purpose. Anyone interested in getting free shipping on Old School before they sell out should try the code.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:25:12 AM by billf »

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 08:40:59 AM »
I have heard that Topps has about 350 boxes remaining on Old School right now on their website.  I have also heard that Topps has about 300 boxes that they have not listed yet.  I believe they are keeping these and are going to release them on their store sporadically to promote the ANS7 in July and Old School Two Boxes in The Fall.  This may be a rumor but it makes sense. 

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 02:44:12 PM »
I have heard that Topps has about 350 boxes remaining on Old School right now on their website.  I have also heard that Topps has about 300 boxes that they have not listed yet.  I believe they are keeping these and are going to release them on their store sporadically to promote the ANS7 in July and Old School Two Boxes in The Fall.  This may be a rumor but it makes sense. 
That is a nice problem for them to have that they have to hold back supply so it doesn't sell out too quickly!!  I bought 5 more boxes with the free shipping poster code yesterday.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2010, 02:49:51 PM »
That is a nice problem for them to have that they have to hold back supply so it doesn't sell out too quickly!!  I bought 5 more boxes with the free shipping poster code yesterday.
I tried and could not get it :-[

anything