Author Topic: ebay Art Auctions  (Read 276149 times)

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
Re: ebay Art Auctions
« Reply #630 on: November 15, 2013, 08:45:51 AM »
Looks like Topps has decided to change their art auctioning, with high BIN/Best Offer prices:

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Topps-Vault/Wacky-Packages-/_i.html?_fsub=19

And they flooded the market at the same time!  I guess they weren't happy with the recent lower selling prices?  OK, but with a limited pool of customers, why put up 40 pieces at once??

I've been taking some screen shots of ebay auctions for Wacky art, and may pick up what Plan9 was doing in this thread.

I saw that too they are not selling that stuff they are dreaming
Have any sold ? It's been awhile since that ANS ART SOLD FOR OVER $1k
Only some one-off pieces
They are totally fishing here some pieces would be lucky to get $200
Cash is not king in this economy

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #631 on: November 15, 2013, 02:23:44 PM »
I saw that too they are not selling that stuff they are dreaming
Have any sold ? It's been awhile since that ANS ART SOLD FOR OVER $1k
Only some one-off pieces
They are totally fishing here some pieces would be lucky to get $200
Cash is not king in this economy

As of this morning, Hippy Meal from ANS10, by Smokin' Joe, had sold for the asking price of $1,800.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #632 on: November 17, 2013, 11:35:48 AM »
Pieces were apparently offered and sold before I ever even saw them  :-[   I would have loved to buy Count Chockula.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #633 on: November 17, 2013, 12:29:37 PM »
quite a few Neil Camera Lost Wacky roughs up for sale.
oddly, they all say that they were used for stickers in ANS10 and ANS11, even though they weren't.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #635 on: November 17, 2013, 05:07:41 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Topps-Wacky-Packages-Stickers-Series-9-Original-Painting-FOLGERS-COFFEE-/200987311051?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ecbc6fbcb&nma=true&si=3l4y102QpO3glXUZWgLZe%252FKkKTE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I didn't find out about this sale until after it was sold! I'm curious as to who bought it!
Getting a good look at a high quality scan of the art makes me realize how classic this wacky is.  The rendering of the lid, the reflections on the jar, the coffee inside, the character -- it all makes me think of Norm.  Simply great work George!  And whoever got the painting is mighty lucky  :o

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #636 on: November 18, 2013, 03:02:01 AM »
Getting a good look at a high quality scan of the art makes me realize how classic this wacky is.  The rendering of the lid, the reflections on the jar, the coffee inside, the character -- it all makes me think of Norm.  Simply great work George!  And whoever got the painting is mighty lucky  :o

I agree, that is a great one!

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #637 on: November 18, 2013, 08:40:12 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Topps-Wacky-Packages-Stickers-Series-9-Original-Painting-FOLGERS-COFFEE-/200987311051?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ecbc6fbcb&nma=true&si=3l4y102QpO3glXUZWgLZe%252FKkKTE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I didn't find out about this sale until after it was sold! I'm curious as to who bought it!

Hey George - One of your greatest Fans purchased it of course!  It should go very well with the other Wright pieces...  :great:

Offline Soremel

« Reply #638 on: November 18, 2013, 09:09:56 AM »
Hey George - One of your greatest Fans purchased it of course!  It should go very well with the other Wright pieces...  :great:

Hey Brian! I was hoping it was one of three people, and you were one of them! BTW, the piece looks a lot brighter than the Topps scan (their photo was really dark) Here's a scan that I sent for final approval.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #639 on: November 18, 2013, 03:17:57 PM »
Hey Brian! I was hoping it was one of three people, and you were one of them! BTW, the piece looks a lot brighter than the Topps scan (their photo was really dark) Here's a scan that I sent for final approval.

That's great. I love how the crystals look in the jar. You needed to post this for us and not Brian. Soon Brian will have this on his wall...LOL

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #640 on: November 18, 2013, 04:58:10 PM »

Wow! Superb work! Norm Saunder's quality!

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #641 on: November 18, 2013, 07:21:02 PM »

Wow! Superb work! Norm Saunder's quality!

I totally agree.... George has the 'Saunder's' touch for sure.  Even his earlier stuff is so well thought-out and executed, that the entire Wacky (from lettering to eyelids) has such an appeal that they are easy to spot.  I definitely feel proud and excited to be the owner of another Wright piece!

Offline andyg

« Reply #642 on: November 19, 2013, 06:35:06 PM »
Why does the Topps Vault ship artwork loosely in a box, but then place the COA in a toploader?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #643 on: November 19, 2013, 06:45:17 PM »
Why does the Topps Vault ship artwork loosely in a box, but then place the COA in a toploader?

Mine have always been well packed.