Author Topic: Wacky Megos  (Read 3652 times)

Offline NEZHEAD42

Wacky Megos
« on: August 19, 2011, 06:43:49 PM »
It just occured to me that I would love to see a line of Mego action figures  as Wacky Packs. It could be a cool subset for future OLD SCHOOL sets.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Wacky Megos
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 06:58:51 PM »
It just occured to me that I would love to see a line of Mego action figures  as Wacky Packs. It could be a cool subset for future OLD SCHOOL sets.

Didn't the originally do the Kiss dolls?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 06:17:07 AM »

A Mego Wacky would be AWESOME!!!  I have most of the Star Trek lines, except for a few aliens.  But, I'd be surprised to see a subset in Old School sets.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 11:08:10 AM »

I have Mego on my to do list but only as one sticker (won't be in OLDS3 though). The subsets are all planned out for the new series.

I have almost all the Mego figures. Besides Wackys they were my favorite things as a kid and also besides Wackys the only ones I've kept since childhood. They have a new line of Mego figures out now though they are not calling them Mego. Retro Action is the new name. Check this out:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=retro+action+dc&_sacat=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_odkw=world%27s+greatest+dc&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 11:30:08 AM »
I have Mego on my to do list but only as one sticker (won't be in OLDS3 though). The subsets are all planned out for the new series.

I have almost all the Mego figures. Besides Wackys they were my favorite things as a kid and also besides Wackys the only ones I've kept since childhood. They have a new line of Mego figures out now though they are not calling them Mego. Retro Action is the new name. Check this out:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=retro+action+dc&_sacat=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_odkw=world%27s+greatest+dc&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

I just recently picked up the Star Trek Captain Pike and Salt Vampire figures - those weren't done back in the day, but these new figures look just like 1976 Megos!!  And now I can afford to have a Romulan and an Andorian out on display  :)

Offline dth1971

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 07:05:18 PM »

So I guess there won't be a Mego World's Greatest Super Heroes action figure Wacky Package take until Wacky Packages Old School Series 4 in 2012-2013 after Old School Series 3 gets released.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 11:26:28 PM »
So I guess there won't be a Mego World's Greatest Super Heroes action figure Wacky Package take until Wacky Packages Old School Series 4 in 2012-2013 after Old School Series 3 gets released.

You guess correctly!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 11:27:03 PM »
I just recently picked up the Star Trek Captain Pike and Salt Vampire figures - those weren't done back in the day, but these new figures look just like 1976 Megos!!  And now I can afford to have a Romulan and an Andorian out on display  :)

I'll have to check those out. I was more into the Super-Heroes line and the Planet of the Apes

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 05:18:36 AM »
I'll have to check those out. I was more into the Super-Heroes line and the Planet of the Apes

They're doing both of those lines as well.  The apes look great!  I'm attaching a picture I got from this current ebay auction:  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EMCE-MEGO-8-POTA-PLANET-APES-CORNELIUS-MOC-/300581536022?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fc0e4116

The next pair of EMCE Star Trek figures is supposed to be Nurse Chapel and Vina (the green Orion slave woman from "The Cage").  Mattel has been doing some retro figures too - I got a really nice Mego-like Batman in the old blue/gray outfit.  Here's a completed auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Retro-Action-BATMAN-Figure-MATTEL-Mego-Scale-/290594728915?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a8cbabd3

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:19:55 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Crust

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 05:10:55 PM »
I have one of the old Planet of the apes Megos. It's the human guy who's name is escaping me. no it's not Taylor from the first 2 movies.