Author Topic: Wacky Packages Bonus and Promo Master List  (Read 43460 times)

Offline bigtomi

Re: Wacky Packages Bonus and Promo Master List
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2015, 10:38:01 AM »
Are you proposing a master list of master lists?
I think what he's saying (now that I've read it a few times), is could we set up the lists separately as individual items vs. being part of a thread? The best way I can describe it is: a single post thread that has been closed for further comment. Ruffs, am I getting it or no? Also, I am not saying I'm in favor of this idea, just trying to understand what the suggestion is.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2015, 05:49:36 PM »
I think what he's saying (now that I've read it a few times), is could we set up the lists separately as individual items vs. being part of a thread? The best way I can describe it is: a single post thread that has been closed for further comment. Ruffs, am I getting it or no? Also, I am not saying I'm in favor of this idea, just trying to understand what the suggestion is.

Oh, ok.  Still not sure how that improves anything.  Does everyone realize that clicking on the name of the thread on the main page of "master lists" takes you to the very first post in that thread, where all the info is?  There's no need to go to the end and then work your way back to the top.

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2015, 06:00:50 PM »
Yes, you nailed it. I went back & read my post again & I didn't specify what I meant but that's it Tom, have the lists separate so we all can look at them, then posts can be still done, say on this thread.  If something is forgotten, we can post here & the Master Lists are a Top of the Forum page.
Now I hope I didn't really confuse this.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2015, 09:43:45 AM »
Oh, ok.  Still not sure how that improves anything.  Does everyone realize that clicking on the name of the thread on the main page of "master lists" takes you to the very first post in that thread, where all the info is?  There's no need to go to the end and then work your way back to the top.
I concur with you, Pat. I don't see any advantage of isolating the lists to be the only post in their thread. It is very easy to get to the first post (the actual info) for any of them as you've described.

Offline Kook

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2015, 11:37:06 AM »
I concur with you, Pat. I don't see any advantage of isolating the lists to be the only post in their thread. It is very easy to get to the first post (the actual info) for any of them as you've described.

It is true that all you have to do is go to the first post in each thread to see the master list. Then I thought maybe he's talking about creating an index to make it easier to navigate. After looking around a bit I saw the list of posts in the Master Lists child board which served the purpose to get to any master list you want, so at first I wasn't going to reply because I thought the info would be redundant.

After thinking about it for a little while, I noticed a few things
* The posts in the master lists child board weren't in any particular order
* The posts weren't uniformly formatted
* Viewing the child board, there was a lot of extra information that wasn't necessary for getting right to the list I wanted, so it was distracting.
* Although it hasn't happened yet, as soon as the number of threads on the child board hits whatever number, it's going to wrap to a second page.

These things led me to make a little test - make an HTML table to serve as an index to the master lists. This took a little digging and some time because it has to be coded, but for someone with the time & desire, you could make a nice & easy to navigate index to posts throughout the forum to quickly find what you want. Check out the sample below as a simple illustration (far from complete):

Master Lists ChildBoard          Lavirus' Master Spreadsheet         

Old School
Olds1 Master ListOlds2 Master ListOlds3 Master List         
Olds4 Master List          Olds5 Master List         

All New Series
ANS1 Master List          ANS2 Master List          ANS3 Master List         
ANS4 Master List          ANS5 Master List          ANS6 Master List         
Flashback I Master List          Flashback II Master List         
ANS7 Master List          ANS8 Master List          ANS9 Master List         
ANS10 Master List          ANS11 Master List          2014 Series 1 Master List         
Chrome Master List          2015 Series 1 Master List          Bonus & Promo Master List         

Other Wacky Releases
Postcards Master List          Comics Master List          Odds & Ends Master List         
Wall Art Master List         

For Vintage Wacky Info, Visit
Greg's Site          Rusty's Site         

With a little more time, you could arrange a table, list or in whatever format you wanted to easily read & quickly navigate to the Master List you wanted. You could sort or layout the rows or columns in whatever format you like. You could even include links to outside web pages like Greg's or Rusty's, or to your own list documents on your hard drive since not all wacky sources contain all the info you may want. You could include a brief description in each master list cell for the link.

While it is true that you can navigate to any of these places with a few click, or by remembering where you had documents on your drive or in your favorites on the web, sometimes there's something to be said for a well designed index. If the Index/Table of Master Lists were built, it could be Post #1 in a thread called Master List of Master Lists  ;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 01:04:46 PM by Kook »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2016, 07:56:33 PM »
Just a bump to notify all that I've added the six (6) MLB promo cards to the list. I call them promos 'cause that's what I believe they are. If anyone disagrees, please let me know. There is nothing further which qualifies for my list in this release, correct?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:01:37 PM by bigtomi »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2016, 11:22:13 AM »
There's a few errors here. ANS7-Senior Poligripe and Abrams book (series 8-14) - Fuzzy Globs, Ghoul Talk, Powerless Glove and Snookered. Also, I could be wrong on this, but shouldn't Annoying Spitter-Man in ANS3 be numbered P1?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 04:57:40 PM by mikecho »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2016, 06:26:01 PM »
The Abrams 8-14 titles, you're just listing in alphabetical order; the information is correct. Why aren't you correcting the series 1-7 titles, then? The order is unimportant since they aren't sequenced in any fashion.

The Annoying Spitter-Man promo for ANS3 does not seem to have any number on it (I don't see any on my copy), so that's why there's no number (like P1) on the list.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 06:28:00 PM by bigtomi »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2016, 07:51:02 PM »
To answer your question about the Abrams 8-14 stickers, that's the way they were packaged when I bought the book...and the one I bought was a first printing copy.

And in ANS7, it's Senior Poligripe.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 05:01:57 PM by mikecho »

Offline quas

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2016, 05:34:18 AM »
I was inspired yesterday by the master list (thank you, bigtomi) to finally go through my collection and see what I have and what I don't have.  In doing do, I noticed that, similar to OLDS4 Sweetar, there are three back variations of OLDS5 Mess Truck - white, tan, and red Ludlow.  Should the list be updated to reflect this?

Also, if anyone has a spare OLDS4 Wrinkly Packages card - the Comic-Con version - I'd be happy to purchase!  :)
Marc

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2018, 02:39:29 PM »
Not sure if this really belongs, (I've never counted the original as a Wacky), but the Osaka Pop Star is also available in a non-die cut, blue-rayed version on the osaka website. Most likely it does not say Wacky Packages on the back, like the original does, but I'm curious to know what's really on it.

https://osakapopstarofficialmerch.com/products/pop-can-sticker

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 06:09:36 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2020, 05:05:00 PM »
Could I have my corrections to this list I mentioned in Reply #43 put in it, please?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2020, 06:41:47 PM »
Not sure if this really belongs, (I've never counted the original as a Wacky), but the Osaka Pop Star is also available in a non-die cut, blue-rayed version on the osaka website. Most likely it does not say Wacky Packages on the back, like the original does, but I'm curious to know what's really on it.

https://osakapopstarofficialmerch.com/products/pop-can-sticker

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Patrick, just ran across this. You probably already have the info since this is two years old, but the blue-rayed version has a blank, white back. It’s also larger than a standard trading card at 3” x 5”,
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline mikecho

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2020, 06:51:53 PM »

Patrick, just ran across this. You probably already have the info since this is two years old, but the blue-rayed version has a blank, white back. It’s also larger than a standard trading card at 3” x 5”,
I just realized that my copy of this Wacky is the original, as it says, among other things, "Bonus Sticker" on the back and has a yellow background.

I didn't even know this one even existed! Is it a postcard, or is it smaller than that?

Btw, were you going to continue the sentence at the end, or did you just forget to type in a period?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 06:57:21 PM by mikecho »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2020, 06:53:46 PM »
Could I have my corrections to this list I mentioned in Reply #43 put in it, please?
After poking around, the ANS7 Poligripe appears to be a specific parody of the "Super Poligrip" product [changing Super to Senior], so I changed that.

You don't get the Abrams 8-14 change, for the same reason stated years ago, sorry.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2020, 07:00:46 PM »
Folks, this reminds me that I haven't added anything to this list in a long time...because I don't think there's been anything to add. If anyone disagrees [i.e. I missed something], please let me know. I don't wanna be known as a Master List slacker.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2020, 10:23:14 PM »
After poking around, the ANS7 Poligripe appears to be a specific parody of the "Super Poligrip" product [changing Super to Senior], so I changed that.

You don't get the Abrams 8-14 change, for the same reason stated years ago, sorry.
One question: is the order for the book's cards you list here the order they were in the packaging when you got your copy of the book? Just wondering...

Offline mikecho

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2020, 10:28:17 PM »
Folks, this reminds me that I haven't added anything to this list in a long time...because I don't think there's been anything to add. If anyone disagrees [i.e. I missed something], please let me know. I don't wanna be known as a Master List slacker.
Actually, I think that is all there is. I haven't seen or heard of any other bonus stickers or promo cards since 2014 S1 (for the bonus stickers) and the MLB Wacky Packages series (for the promo cards).

I think the concept just died out after that. The same thing happened with the foil stickers - they stopped at ANS7 and none have been made since (unless you include the Wacky Packages Chrome series (which are foil cards, however, not foil stickers)). The bonus stickers and promo cards both lasted a little bit longer then the foil stickers did but they, too, finally stopped, with all three of them becoming part of Wacky Packages history in the end. And, for the most part, their like hasn't been seen since (and probably won't, barring surprise returns in the manner of, say, the April Fools' series of the Wacky Packages Postcards, which no one expected in a million years).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 02:26:30 PM by mikecho »

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2020, 04:19:11 PM »
One question: is the order for the book's cards you list here the order they were in the packaging when you got your copy of the book? Just wondering...
Hahahaha. I barely remember things that happened yesterday and you want me to answer this? No idea where the sequence came from...

Offline mikecho

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2020, 04:32:17 PM »
Hahahaha. I barely remember things that happened yesterday and you want me to answer this? No idea where the sequence came from...
Okay. I only mentioned it because, as I said above, my sequence (which, btw, I didn't even know was alphabetical until you mentioned it) was the way I mentioned it when I got my copy of the book - and it was a first printing copy as well.

The only thing wrong with the sequence here is you've got the first two as #3 and 4 and the last two as #1 and 2. All that's needed is a little switching around and it'll be good.

If you like, ask around. My sequence will probably be the same thing with everyone else who bought the book. I'm just aiming for accuracy here just like you are.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2020, 06:13:21 PM »
If you like, ask around. My sequence will probably be the same thing with everyone else who bought the book. I'm just aiming for accuracy here just like you are.
I strongly suspect you're the only one who cares about the sequence of the list. And, for the record, there was nothing inaccurate about what was there.

Since, as I've said myself, the order is unimportant and if it'll make you STFU about it, I've changed it to your sequence.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2020, 04:42:39 AM »
I strongly suspect you're the only one who cares about the sequence of the list. And, for the record, there was nothing inaccurate about what was there.

The cards are not numbered and there is no checklist to use, so I'm with you, I don't care at all about the sequence.

Offline quas

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2020, 06:13:53 AM »
Please, no more bickering!  Despite our individual differences, let's all stay united in our Wackiness.
Marc

Offline mikecho

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2020, 11:20:21 AM »
Just to change the subject, I think, as I've said before (see Reply #52), that it's safe to say here that the bonus stickers and promo cards are finally complete, barring any surprises in the future.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2020, 01:22:23 PM »
I've long meant to start a thread praising these bonus cards - in many cases, they far surpassed almost all the ANS entries they were associated with.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2020, 03:15:17 PM »
I've long meant to start a thread praising these bonus cards - in many cases, they far surpassed almost all the ANS entries they were associated with.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the ANS bonus stickers have more adult-level humor than the ANS base stickers because they weren't in the normal packs that were available to kids, but instead in things like bonus boxes and blister packs?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 03:17:32 PM by mikecho »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2020, 04:24:18 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the ANS bonus stickers have more adult-level humor than the ANS base stickers because they weren't in the normal packs that were available to kids, but instead in things like bonus boxes and blister packs?

Bonus boxes and blister packs were available on shelves at Target, Walmart, Kmart etc. and were readily available to kids.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2020, 05:06:45 PM »
Bonus boxes and blister packs were available on shelves at Target, Walmart, Kmart etc. and were readily available to kids.
All right. In that much, at least, I stand corrected.

Now what I'd like to know is: 1) am I right about the bonus cards' style of humor and 2) just for the heck of it, what was the cost of a bonus box and a blister pack compared to, say, a pack from a retail box? I take it both of them weren't too expensive? Because, when I made my statement, I was thinking more about what the average kid could afford to buy in those days.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 02:24:45 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2020, 02:46:28 PM »
The Wonky Packages section needs to be updated by now and maybe a Guest Artist of the Week section should be added in, too. Just sayin'.

Obviously, as far as Reply #58 is concerned, I have to admit I spoke too soon.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 05:26:17 PM by mikecho »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2020, 07:00:14 AM »
The Wonky Packages section needs to be updated by now and maybe a Guest Artist of the Week section should be added in, too. Just sayin'.
Well, these new ones are Chase cards, not promo, nor bonus. That’s my 2 cents.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2020, 08:55:13 AM »
Well, these new ones are Chase cards, not promo, nor bonus. That’s my 2 cents.
I guess you've got a point there. I didn't think about that. I just figured the Wonkys could be continued, at least.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2020, 10:06:53 AM »
Concurring with Patrick, I'm not adding the Weekly Wonkys to this list...probably shouldn't have even added the ones that are there now, really, as they are not technically promos nor bonus cards. Besides, Patrick is documenting the new ones (Wonkys and GAs) in his thread on the weekly series just fine.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2020, 01:02:53 PM »
Concurring with Patrick, I'm not adding the Weekly Wonkys to this list...probably shouldn't have even added the ones that are there now, really, as they are not technically promos nor bonus cards. Besides, Patrick is documenting the new ones (Wonkys and GAs) in his thread on the weekly series just fine.
I couldn't agree with you more, sir!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2020, 08:07:04 PM »
Tom, I found three more promo stickers from Wacky Packages Posters Series 1:

*Panthers Peanuts (PP1)
*Wriggling Troublemint Gum (PP2)
*Killson Baseball Glove (PP3)

I'm using full names here, as I don't think this series has a checklist.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2020, 11:00:51 AM »
Tom, I found three more promo stickers from Wacky Packages Posters Series 1:

*Panthers Peanuts (PP1)
*Wriggling Troublemint Gum (PP2)
*Killson Baseball Glove (PP3)

I'm using full names here, as I don't think this series has a checklist.
I could add these, as they are promos, but they are already included in Patrick's thread documenting the posters and other wall art items. Do we want them in here twice? I say no.