Author Topic: WEAKIES Chicago Postcard Promo  (Read 10011 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
WEAKIES Chicago Postcard Promo
« on: August 05, 2011, 08:11:16 AM »

Here is another item to add to your collection.  It looks pretty cool!....................

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline DrDeal

Re: WEAKIES Chicago Postcard Promo
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 03:02:16 AM »
So I got outbid on this one and received a second chance offer for around $22.00.  Cool...unless there are 10,000 of them and they sell for $4.00   Either way the postcard album gets a new inhabitant.

DrDeal

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 07:26:41 AM »
 I've been outbid on both that have been listed on ebay. I did not get a second chance offer. Lucky you. That is a pretty cool postcard.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 07:55:05 AM »
I've been outbid on both that have been listed on ebay. I did not get a second chance offer. Lucky you. That is a pretty cool postcard.

I tried to be patient and wait for more to hit eBay so I didn't bid.  Hopefully I don't get burnt!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 09:19:53 AM »
I tried to be patient and wait for more to hit eBay so I didn't bid.  Hopefully I don't get burnt!

Same here!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 03:34:53 PM »
Where did this postcard come from?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 03:48:06 PM »
Where did this postcard come from?
http://www.nsccshow.com/index.shtml

just finished a few hours ago...

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 09:16:19 PM »
http://www.nsccshow.com/index.shtml

just finished a few hours ago...

Strange they did a Wacky pack promo at a Sports Card convention.  Hopefully someone here at the forum got a motherload and will distribute at a fair price!
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 09:25:46 AM »
As of today 08/08/2011 @11:30 ct there are (6) up for sale there should be no reason to pay over 20.00 for one if you want one

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 11:16:31 AM »
As of today 08/08/2011 @11:30 ct there are (6) up for sale there should be no reason to pay over 20.00 for one if you want one
And several of those auctions are offering multiples. Just hold out a few days as the prices will keep dropping.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 01:21:36 PM »

The reason I paid over $20 was that I saw my second chance offer email at 5:30 am prior to drinking my coffee and fully engaging my cognitive abilities. That will not be the last time I spend more than I should have on a WP item.

DrDeal

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 02:22:03 PM »
The reason I paid over $20 was that I saw my second chance offer email at 5:30 am prior to drinking my coffee and fully engaging my cognitive abilities. That will not be the last time I spend more than I should have on a WP item.

DrDeal

Don't feel bad.  I paid $20.00 for one, and now that more are showing up I bet it could be bought for $7.50 soon.  I need to listen to my own advice sometimes!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 05:08:45 PM »
Don't feel bad.  I paid $20.00 for one, and now that more are showing up I bet it could be bought for $7.50 soon.  I need to listen to my own advice sometimes!

Don't feel too bad, I pulled the trigger on a BIN for $15.00 (free shipping).
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 05:33:57 PM »
Seller (Willie) just emailed me to mention he mailed the PC and included a second one for free!  Now that's a fair seller  :)

DrDeal
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:29:39 AM by DrDeal »

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 07:01:24 PM »
Seller (Willie) just emailed me to mention he mailed the PC and included a second one for free!  Now that's a fair seller  :)

If anyone wants it and will hook me up with the ANS8 stuff I still lack shoot me a PM.I need Magnets: 5 , 9,   Tags: 3, 5, 10  and Future: 4

DrDeal

Willie's a good dude.  We don't see him around here much anymore.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 07:49:53 PM »

If anyone wants it and will hook me up with the ANS8 stuff I still lack shoot me a PM.I need Magnets: 5 , 9,   Tags: 3, 5, 10  and Future: 4

DrDeal
I petitioned him to throw in some extra postcards early this morning. Guess he decided to spread the wealth. He's a good guy.

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 08:59:20 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I put some of them on ebay to try to get back some of the $179 VIP admission package that I bought. I would guess that Topps made 500 available during the 4 day show. I never saw a stack of more than 30 or so on the counter at a time, and there was no real buzz about them because the show is 95% sports cards related. The Weakies PC is cool because it is dated on back Aug 8, 2011 because the original art for the Weakies poster box went on ebay today.
Anyway, if forum members would like the Weakies PC, I am selling them for $5 each shipped, it costs about $1.75 to ship in a mailer and involves careful packing, so I am not really making a killing off of them. Limit of 3 per person while supplies last. Any form of payment is OK, check, money order, cash, or Paypal. Please send me a PM to reserve. My paypal is  gridking@aol.com   Thanks, Willie

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 05:22:21 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I put some of them on ebay to try to get back some of the $179 VIP admission package that I bought. I would guess that Topps made 500 available during the 4 day show. I never saw a stack of more than 30 or so on the counter at a time, and there was no real buzz about them because the show is 95% sports cards related. The Weakies PC is cool because it is dated on back Aug 8, 2011 because the original art for the Weakies poster box went on ebay today.
Anyway, if forum members would like the Weakies PC, I am selling them for $5 each shipped, it costs about $1.75 to ship in a mailer and involves careful packing, so I am not really making a killing off of them. Limit of 3 per person while supplies last. Any form of payment is OK, check, money order, cash, or Paypal. Please send me a PM to reserve. My paypal is  gridking@aol.com   Thanks, Willie
PM Sent - thx again for this offer - Blue chip Forum member..

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 05:23:50 AM »

DrDeal

PM sent

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 09:43:34 AM »
PM Sent - thx again for this offer - Blue chip Forum member..

PM Sent -- I second the vote for Liptorn as a Blue chip forum member.  :great:

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 10:15:41 AM »
PM Sent, Thanks

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 12:36:06 PM »
Thanks Much Willie. PM sent.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 12:45:18 PM »
Willie is the f*%#in' MAN! I also love the Liptorn avatar animation. It is wicked cool.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 08:01:08 PM »
Hi Everyone,Anyway, if forum members would like the Weakies PC, I am selling them for $5 each shipped, it costs about $1.75 to ship in a mailer and involves careful packing, so I am not really making a killing off of them. Limit of 3 per person while supplies last. Any form of payment is OK, check, money order, cash, or Paypal. Please send me a PM to reserve. My paypal is  gridking@aol.com   Thanks, Willie

Willie you are a great asset to the wacky pack community!  I'm glad we got to meet at one of the Philly shows back in the day!

PM sent.

David

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 02:35:22 AM »
This is a VERY cool promo card!  Thanks to Willie's generosity, I got mine yesterday without having to resort to ebay.

I still believe that the show promo ReSee's Peepers card given out at Allentown last year should be considered as a Postcard Series promo, but this one is actually a promo for a Topps Vault auction, not the Postcard series.  Not that I'm complaining, mind you - I'm for any cool Wacky cards!!  And, I think this one works better on the postcard size stock than it would have on a standard size card, so I'm glad Topps went this route.  But considering what it's for, I'm kind of surprised they weren't including this promo in with recent orders.  And, with the auction ending last night, it's now out-of-date.

Speaking of the auction, did anyone here win it??

Offline Swiski

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 05:47:08 AM »
Willie, are any of these left?

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 06:01:28 AM »
This is a VERY cool promo card!  Thanks to Willie's generosity, I got mine yesterday without having to resort to ebay.

I still believe that the show promo ReSee's Peepers card given out at Allentown last year should be considered as a Postcard Series promo, but this one is actually a promo for a Topps Vault auction, not the Postcard series.  Not that I'm complaining, mind you - I'm for any cool Wacky cards!!  And, I think this one works better on the postcard size stock than it would have on a standard size card, so I'm glad Topps went this route.  But considering what it's for, I'm kind of surprised they weren't including this promo in with recent orders.  And, with the auction ending last night, it's now out-of-date.

Speaking of the auction, did anyone here win it??

I agree, this is a cool promo. Thanks to Willie for helping out fellow forum members!

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 09:46:24 AM »
I agree, this is a cool promo. Thanks to Willie for helping out fellow forum members!

Hear, hear!  :great:

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 01:01:56 PM »
Aye Aye

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 02:39:43 PM »
I second and third that "hear, hear!"

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 03:52:03 PM »
four, four!!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 08:59:42 PM »
four, four!!
Fifty-five! 

I'm with Rawgoo that it is crazy that Topps did not send out this promo with recent ANS8 orders!  Hey Topps, you need a new marketing director?  I could be bought...

Thanks Willie again for your resourcefulness and your generosity.

Offline CanadianClod

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 11:58:03 PM »

Well said and I agree in spades  ;)
It's great to pick stuff up from members and help eack other out with these types of cards  :great:

Offline Hustler08

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 07:20:32 AM »
Fifty-five! 

I'm with Rawgoo that it is crazy that Topps did not send out this promo with recent ANS8 orders!  Hey Topps, you need a new marketing director?  I could be bought...

This might be the END of ANS series...no promo might be a pre-cursor.... :-\ with Zapata leaving and all that...given all the chase items in this series...goin' out with a YUBANG!! BlewBerry!!!

at least we have OLDS3... :D