Author Topic: looking for an inexpensive set of Wacky All New Series 1!!  (Read 6139 times)

wackadoodle

looking for an inexpensive set of Wacky All New Series 1!!
« on: August 04, 2011, 05:35:52 PM »

HI:

im looking for a set of the Wacky All new series 1 for a friend..just the 55 card set..can you help? hopefully not too expensive..thanks-Adam-:)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: looking for an inexpensive set of Wacky All New Series 1!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 09:54:51 PM »

HI:

im looking for a set of the Wacky All new series 1 for a friend..just the 55 card set..can you help? hopefully not too expensive..thanks-Adam-:)
I've got a set, greg lists them at $19.50, therefore my price, $10 plus shipping?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 09:30:21 AM »
I've got a set, greg lists them at $19.50, therefore my price, $10 plus shipping?

Like the inverse of keystone pricing  ;D

(That’s a term you don’t hear much anymore)

Offline ROID

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 04:03:21 PM »
Adam, I'll send you a set for nothing. LMK if you're still in Sheffield. My buddy who I collected with passed away last year and the hobby has lost it's appeal without him around. His wife gave me all his wackys so I have plenty of extras. Hope you're doing well.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 04:49:21 PM »
Adam, I'll send you a set for nothing. LMK if you're still in Sheffield. My buddy who I collected with passed away last year and the hobby has lost it's appeal without him around. His wife gave me all his wackys so I have plenty of extras. Hope you're doing well.

WOW, that's sad! I know what you mean when you lose someone close. Certain things that you used to enjoy just don't seem as important.
I lost my father 5 years ago and I'm still depressed about it. Not a day goes by without thinking of him. He lived up in Estes Park, CO. I used to love going to Estes and now I just get sad going up there.

Offline ROID

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 05:55:13 PM »
Thanks Brad. Haven't been on here in a while. My friend Steve was like an older brother to me,knew him and his family since I was 12. He was 6' 2",230 lbs. and strong as a bull. He died at work last June from a brain aneurysm. Actually it was Steve who got me back in the hobby when ANS 1 came out. Can still remember going to Kaybee Toys with him.  He bought 10 packs so I got a few myself and that's how I got back into the hobby. Man he had a nasty habit of finding golds and bonus boxes when I couldn't but always picked up a few up for me. He was a die hard Hot Wheels collector primarily. The local die-cast club he belonged to has a small shrine erected in his honor at their clubhouse in Windsor,CT. Of course Shot Wheels was his favorite wacky and that's the only LTL print I own.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 06:23:18 PM »
Thanks Brad. Haven't been on here in a while. My friend Steve was like an older brother to me,knew him and his family since I was 12. He was 6' 2",230 lbs. and strong as a bull. He died at work last June from a brain aneurysm. Actually it was Steve who got me back in the hobby when ANS 1 came out. Can still remember going to Kaybee Toys with him.  He bought 10 packs so I got a few myself and that's how I got back into the hobby. Man he had a nasty habit of finding golds and bonus boxes when I couldn't but always picked up a few up for me. He was a die hard Hot Wheels collector primarily. The local die-cast club he belonged to has a small shrine erected in his honor at their clubhouse in Windsor,CT. Of course Shot Wheels was his favorite wacky and that's the only LTL print I own.

It's tough! It's fun to remember the good times and all the great stuff you did together. The problem for me is I remember the good times and it then makes me sad and kind of depressed that those are all I have - memories. Wackies actually help me to keep busy, that and having a family. Wackys are a hobby to fill in the down time from the family. Steve would have wanted you to continue your dream of collecting and maybe he is looking over your shoulder to help you pull those golds and sketches...LOL
You should go out this weekend and get some packs. I don't know if his headstone is close to you but if you can drive out and open them there. Even stick a few to the back. I'm sure Steve would have enjoyed that. He may even be looking down and opening them with you.
I have to stop posting before I break out in tears. This stuff is emotional! :'(

Offline ROID

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 08:26:06 PM »
He was cremated and his wife put his ashes in a decanter that is a model of a 69 Challenger. I did get 4 packs of ANS8 out of curiosity and habit last week. Got a color sketch from the 1 box of OSC2 that I bought though. Sold it and got my son a PS3 for his b-day in May. When I go to see his wife I still talk to him,he's sitting on the mantle. She still has a 20 gallon tote full of wackys for me but I'm short on space at home.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 09:01:26 PM »
He was cremated and his wife put his ashes in a decanter that is a model of a 69 Challenger. I did get 4 packs of ANS8 out of curiosity and habit last week. Got a color sketch from the 1 box of OSC2 that I bought though. Sold it and got my son a PS3 for his b-day in May. When I go to see his wife I still talk to him,he's sitting on the mantle. She still has a 20 gallon tote full of wackys for me but I'm short on space at home.

That's cool. You did it right! he is looking after you. A color sketch from only one box just shows you. That is amazing! Anyway, I feel he would want you to keep up with his hobby. I'm not trying to sway you from giving away a set, I think Steve would want that but I also think he may be telling you to keep the collecting alive by giving you a highly collectable. You can't give up because he wouldn't want that. This was part of his passion also so collect for both of you. You can stop but he wouldn't have wanted that and that would be the same if you were gone. Just think he is looking down and getting a kick out of what you pull. I know this can be pretty deep for a Wacky forum and I don't know what everyone's beliefs are for the afterlife. I struggle with my own beliefs also when you lose someone close to you. If I hear 'it's Gods way' one more time I want to kick their ass! What really is Gods plan? To take more family members early? Anyway, I digress but it still pisses me off. I guess that is what you go through.. It's first pain and then your angry.

Offline ROID

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 12:18:29 PM »
The sad thing is that Ron is still kicking. Millionaire my fucking ass!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 01:35:17 PM »
It's tough! It's fun to remember the good times and all the great stuff you did together. The problem for me is I remember the good times and it then makes me sad and kind of depressed that those are all I have - memories. Wackies actually help me to keep busy, that and having a family. Wackys are a hobby to fill in the down time from the family. Steve would have wanted you to continue your dream of collecting and maybe he is looking over your shoulder to help you pull those golds and sketches...LOL
You should go out this weekend and get some packs. I don't know if his headstone is close to you but if you can drive out and open them there. Even stick a few to the back. I'm sure Steve would have enjoyed that. He may even be looking down and opening them with you.
I have to stop posting before I break out in tears. This stuff is emotional! :'(

DAMN IT BRAD, look what you did to me... :'(

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 09:38:30 PM »
The sad thing is that Ron is still kicking. Millionaire my fucking ass!

I'm not sure I follow. Did we mention Ron?

Offline ROID

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 07:34:51 AM »
No,just an example of how unfair life seems at times. Forget I mentioned him,just venting.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 09:29:20 AM »
No,just an example of how unfair life seems at times. Forget I mentioned him,just venting.

absolutely forgotten!