Author Topic: Postcard Announcement Buddy System  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
Postcard Announcement Buddy System
« on: October 12, 2011, 12:21:41 PM »
All--

I had this idea after the last Postcard set came out and don't think I ever got around to posting a thread on the subject. Thought I better do it now!

How about we implement a simple "Buddy System" for the Postcard releases? My idea is thus:

(1) Pick a couple of other forum members, let's say two minimum. This is your Buddy Group.

(2) Contact them via PM and get their desired contact phone number.

(3) Share the names/numbers of these Buddies between each other so each Buddy has the phone numbers of all the others in the group.

(4) The first person who sees the Postcard Release Announcement on the forum, or gets the email from Neil, immediately calls the other Buddies in their group with the information. This way, people who might not read the forum every night and/or miss the email have a much better chance of finding out about the release date via their Buddies as a backup!

Example: I have Campy and DrSushi as my buddies. If I see the announcement first, I call both of them and let them know. If Campy sees it first, he calls me and DrSushi. If DrSushi sees it first, he calls Campy and me. Simple!

The only flaw I can see in this plan is if no one in the Buddy Group gets the announcement (i.e. they all miss it). But this should reduce the odds of missing out a bit.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:26:51 PM by Porkie »

Offline wackygarbage

Re: Postcard Announcement Buddy System
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 12:36:14 PM »
All--

I had this idea after the last Postcard set came out and don't think I ever got around to posting a thread on the subject. Thought I better do it now!

How about we implement a simple "Buddy System" for the Postcard releases? My idea is thus:

(1) Pick a couple of other forum members, let's say two minimum. This is your Buddy Group.

(2) Contact them via PM and get their desired contact phone number.

(3) Share the names/numbers of these Buddies between each other so each Buddy has the phone numbers of all the others in the group.

(4) The first person who sees the Postcard Release Announcement on the forum, or gets the email from Neil, immediately calls the other Buddies in their group with the information. This way, people who might not read the forum every night and/or miss the email have a much better chance of finding out about the release date via their Buddies as a backup!

Example: I have Campy and DrSushi as my buddies. If I see the announcement first, I call both of them and let them know. If Campy sees it first, he calls me and DrSushi. If DrSushi sees it first, he calls Campy and me. Simple!

The only flaw I can see in this plan is if no one in the Buddy Group gets the announcement (i.e. they all miss it). But this should reduce the odds of missing out a bit.

This is a brilliant idea!!!  I would have loved this buddy system for the PC7 release as I didn't find out about it until after I got an email from Topps about the basic postcard sets.  Because of this I had to spend $100.00 or more per pack and $40.00 to $90.00 for sketch cards.  That sucked!

Let's get this buddy system going right now!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 03:08:07 PM »
Love the idea!!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Porkie

• Looking for *Irish Test* cards!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 04:43:05 PM »
All people have to do is contact two other forum members and get them as Buddies. I've got Campy and DrSushi.  :great: