Author Topic: ANS8 Binder  (Read 3034 times)

Offline NEZHEAD42

ANS8 Binder
« on: August 01, 2011, 04:31:31 PM »
I got my binder from Topps today. It is like the other binders (puffy, shiney, etc.). As advertised, Topps is now enclosing 10 Ultra Pro pages insted of 15, like on the past binders. The Ultra Pro pages are the very thin pages , instead of the thicker pages that were included with the previous binders. I know Topps is probably trying to save a buck, but with no bonus sticker, cheaper quality pages and less pages for the same price as other binders, I feel a little screwed. Especially after paying $11 to ship it.
I knew there would be no bonus card and less pages when I ordered it. To go with the cheaper pages is kinda douchey.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Joe G.

Re: ANS8 Binder
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 05:22:28 PM »
You can avoid the $11 shipping by ordering thru the Topps Vault on eBay instead of Shop Topps.  For some reason the shipping is only $4.75 thru eBay.

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 06:18:25 PM »
You can avoid the $11 shipping by ordering thru the Topps Vault on eBay instead of Shop Topps.  For some reason the shipping is only $4.75 thru eBay.

Yeah, they put that up on ebay 5 days after I ordered from Topps direct. Bastards!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 05:42:14 AM »
I got my binder from Topps today. It is like the other binders (puffy, shiney, etc.). As advertised, Topps is now enclosing 10 Ultra Pro pages insted of 15, like on the past binders. The Ultra Pro pages are the very thin pages , instead of the thicker pages that were included with the previous binders. I know Topps is probably trying to save a buck, but with no bonus sticker, cheaper quality pages and less pages for the same price as other binders, I feel a little screwed. Especially after paying $11 to ship it.
I knew there would be no bonus card and less pages when I ordered it. To go with the cheaper pages is kinda douchey.

I actually think the thicker 9-pocket pages are worse than the thin ones because they don't lay flat, and can eventually curl the thin stocked cards.  Plus with a big binder book the thicker ones fill up the book quicker! 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 06:08:02 AM »
That all makes sense. My round about, rambling, not-to-the-point, point was that they are charging the same price for a much cheaper product.

Offline Crust

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 08:53:58 AM »
Ya this time around I'm not even going to bother buying it, especially because there's no bonus sticker.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 01:56:56 PM »
I actually think the thicker 9-pocket pages are worse than the thin ones because they don't lay flat, and can eventually curl the thin stocked cards.  Plus with a big binder book the thicker ones fill up the book quicker! 

Yes true..but you would think with all the subsets - they would have used the thinner 9-pockets but more of them - 15-20 would have been better - esp. given the fact of no bonus sticker...or a cheaper price...gouging >:D >:D

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 02:21:10 PM »
Ya this time around I'm not even going to bother buying it, especially because there's no bonus sticker.

I am not getting it either: No Bonus =  Bogus     

DrDeal

anything