Author Topic: OS 3rd Sheet  (Read 3692 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
OS 3rd Sheet
« on: July 30, 2011, 07:57:09 AM »
saw this posted on the other forum
$150 seems low for a 3rd series sheet

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/clt/2504601938.html

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: OS 3rd Sheet
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 08:40:00 AM »
saw this posted on the other forum
$150 seems low for a 3rd series sheet

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/clt/2504601938.html

I spoke to the seller a little while ago, hoping to be driving into Queens tomorrow with a money order.  I asked about sticker titles on the sheet, and it turns out he used an incorrect picture - what he actually has for sale is a 1979 reprint series 1 sheet.  Bummer.

Although I've not posted on the other forum in quite some time, I did post this info there, so hopefully that will save people time.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 08:45:49 AM »
what he actually has for sale is a 1979 reprint series 1 sheet.  Bummer.
LOL.
er. just a slight tiny mix up. These wacky sheets are all the same right?  :sad:

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 09:03:32 AM »
LOL.
er. just a slight tiny mix up. These wacky sheets are all the same right?  :sad:

I'm just glad I asked what I did!!  The listing said framed, and the pic showed an unframed sheet.  So, from the start I wanted to make sure we were talking about the same item.  What a pain it would be to do a deal like that; either I'd have wasted a day and a lot of money on gas driving to Queens, or worse, paying for shipping and then finding out it wasn't what was pictured, and I already have it!  Not to mention the $150 price vs. $25 value......  The seller told me he'd take a picture and change the listing.

I've never used craigslist before, and this did not encourage me at all.  If you pay a craigslist person via Paypal, I wonder if you have any protection?  Somehow, I doubt it.

anything