Author Topic: ANS8 Sketch ***SPOILERS***  (Read 47148 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: ANS8 Sketch ***SPOILERS***
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2011, 05:16:05 AM »
With all this talk about the sketch bubble bursting; I would like to add that I have had a sketch sell for a very high amount. I pulled a color Chiamung Sketch from PC7 and posted that I was hoping to trade it for a ANS7 Sketch. I was advised on this board that that was not a likely trade and I received no trade offers. I later decided to sell it and it went for $675 on the bay which floored me. I had another color PC sketch a year ago and traded it for a Return Kirscht Sketch that I think was purchased for at least $300 or $400 but this sale was unreal to me. I purchased a low value but sweet PC7 sketch after I sold the color one and am happy with with having one nice sketch from that release.

Regards,  DrDeal

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2011, 06:57:12 AM »
Apparently you do want to go round and round. There was nothing wrong with my interpreting Sue Mee's post because it was benign. Unemotional. Taking offense on behalf of Brad is another story. Especially when you lay into me with 10,000 words about it. You were striking a match from the get go. You've had about 20 times more to say about my post to Brad than Brad did. In your dedication to the cause you've called me arrogant, patronizing, holier than thou, dishing on members and a recluse with a social disorder. Plus whatever else you might've said that you deleted in your obsessive rewrites. All this because I made a post you deemed impolite. No wait, worse than impolite. An affront to all mankind! I called someone naive and I'm going to Hell for it. And I know you'll be there as my eternal tormentor. Even after I apologized to Brad without knowing if he was offended in the first place you still have to keep harping on me you fucking harpy.

Yes, of course Mark... You are right.  You are right.  You have shamed me and my "10,000 words".  Sigh...

Thank-you, once again, for your personal digs.   It's funny how defensive a person can get when someone comments about them.  You may want to consider that, the next time you choose to comment on someone else.   If you do so, it'll keep you from being overly hypocritical. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:01:31 AM by JasonLiebig »
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline Kook

« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2011, 07:50:39 AM »
With all this talk about the sketch bubble bursting; I would like to add that I have had a sketch sell for a very high amount. I pulled a color Chiamung Sketch from PC7 and posted that I was hoping to trade it for a ANS7 Sketch. I was advised on this board that that was not a likely trade and I received no trade offers. I later decided to sell it and it went for $675 on the bay which floored me. I had another color PC sketch a year ago and traded it for a Return Kirscht Sketch that I think was purchased for at least $300 or $400 but this sale was unreal to me. I purchased a low value but sweet PC7 sketch after I sold the color one and am happy with with having one nice sketch from that release.

Regards,  DrDeal

Do you have a scan of the sketch? I'd be interested to see it.
Thanks

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2011, 09:28:29 AM »
It's funny with these arguments that everyone is so opinionated with how they collect and how they observe others collecting. No one would ever win. It's kind of like a bunch of guys crammed into a small apartment for a few months when they start to get on each others nerves.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2011, 10:28:10 AM »
It's funny with these arguments that everyone is so opinionated with how they collect and how they observe others collecting. No one would ever win. It's kind of like a bunch of guys crammed into a small apartment for a few months when they start to get on each others nerves.

I was trying to point out how silly some of this was when I said,

"Spending big money on sketches created in 2010 might seem silly to me... and to several of us on this thread.  But they're just things, intrinsically no more OR less appealing than a die-cut or a Ludlow back."

The post from which that quote comes from is the one which appears to have necessitated Mark calling some folks ill-informed, and describing Brad as an art collector without real knowledge of art. 

How about we agree that if we're here, and we're not "investors"; that it doesn't really matter what you buy or collect, as long as you're enjoying it.  That while our incomes, our educations, and our talents and depths of knowledge may be different, we are all equal in our desire to enjoy our hobby to its' fullest, and at least to some degree to share that enjoyment with others through the forum. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2011, 11:16:07 AM »
Do you have a scan of the sketch? I'd be interested to see it.
Thanks    Here it is. DrDeal

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2011, 11:17:51 AM »
Yes, of course Mark... You are right.  You are right.  You have shamed me and my "10,000 words".  Sigh...

Thank-you, once again, for your personal digs.   It's funny how defensive a person can get when someone comments about them.  You may want to consider that, the next time you choose to comment on someone else.   If you do so, it'll keep you from being overly hypocritical. 
If Brad expressed offense you'd have a point. But I won't take shit from his assuming representative.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2011, 11:23:35 AM »
The post from which that quote comes from is the one which appears to have necessitated Mark calling some folks ill-informed, and describing Brad as an art collector without real knowledge of art. 

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2011, 01:12:40 PM »
If Brad expressed offense you'd have a point. But I won't take shit from his assuming representative.

Are you as miserable as you seem to be or is it just your personality?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2011, 02:01:14 PM »
What? Did I say something to offend you now? I can't be a nice guy just because I'm so irritated by kooks? This is over something that he should never have attacked me for in the first place. Today he calls me a hypocrite for listing all his insults. I'm not the one who's trying to give a lesson in proper forum etiquette. He is. I was calling HIM the hypocrite. If he wants to teach forum etiquette he's not going to get anywhere with insults.

However, if your question is nothing more than facetious antagonism, please let me know so I can make similar assumptions about your happiness.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2011, 02:42:42 PM »

Ya, you miserable, angry son of a bitch...LOL :]

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2011, 04:27:43 PM »
What? Did I say something to offend you now? I can't be a nice guy just because I'm so irritated by kooks? This is over something that he should never have attacked me for in the first place. Today he calls me a hypocrite for listing all his insults. I'm not the one who's trying to give a lesson in proper forum etiquette. He is. I was calling HIM the hypocrite. If he wants to teach forum etiquette he's not going to get anywhere with insults.

However, if your question is nothing more than facetious antagonism, please let me know so I can make similar assumptions about your happiness.

I don't think Jason is a kook.  I don't always agree with him but he is always reasonable and he doesn't criticize others.  I also think your original post he was responding to had a tone of arrogance behind it.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2011, 06:35:15 PM »
Thanks, for posting, Mark!  Always fun to learn about the behind the scenes stories.  It does bring up a question, though.  How does Topps determine which artist does which roughs?  Do you get any say in who paints the roughs you do?  Is it completely random?

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2011, 11:43:47 PM »

Mark,

Maybe you're right, and that I am the names you have called me; "harpy" and "kook".  And if that's the case, you can continue to dismiss me outright, without any thought or consideration, as you currently seem to want to do.

But I'd ask that, at least for a few moments, you step back and consider the possibility that you're wrong. 

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2011, 05:34:16 AM »
OK, I hope I am on the correct thread " Spoilers"? so maybe we can get back to spoiling LOL. I have purchased less ANS8 then any other series and pulled more then from any ANS series so I guess less is more  :o Check out the sketch, one of my favorites!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2011, 07:58:58 AM »
OK, I hope I am on the correct thread " Spoilers"? so maybe we can get back to spoiling LOL. I have purchased less ANS8 then any other series and pulled more then from any ANS series so I guess less is more  :o Check out the sketch, one of my favorites!

nice!  Who is the artist that did that sketch?

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2011, 09:17:48 AM »

Offline Kook

« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2011, 02:16:09 PM »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2011, 02:54:16 PM »
Are you done jamming "you're wrong" down my throat?
It is so nice conversing with you.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2011, 07:20:25 PM »

That's definitely the best one i've seen him do so far.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2011, 10:17:33 PM »
Wow, til these last few posts I was having a very Wacky Forum Flashback. Flashbacked to another forum currently known as vacant.

Then I saw some spoilers !

O.K. I must admit, it was entertaining.

Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2011, 12:41:02 AM »
Wow, til these last few posts I was having a very Wacky Forum Flashback. Flashbacked to another forum currently known as vacant.

Then I saw some spoilers !

O.K. I must admit, it was entertaining.

Dude, you have no idea how bad i want to post something here. All i've pulled so far is tumble weeds.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2011, 08:01:27 AM »
I think I have a black cloud hovering over my head every time I start opening
packs hoping for sketches and special inserts.

I did actually get a nice Brent sketch this time around, one of 3 Mosquitos! 

Maybe my curse is lifted?  Naturally, the black cloud will remain for the
entire NFL confidence pool season LOL

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2011, 08:40:47 AM »
I think I have a black cloud hovering over my head every time I start opening
packs hoping for sketches and special inserts.

I did actually get a nice Brent sketch this time around, one of 3 Mosquitos! 

Maybe my curse is lifted?  Naturally, the black cloud will remain for the
entire NFL confidence pool season LOL

Overall I've been pretty lucky with each series, but this one does seem to be extra tough.

Off the top of my head, I've opened 2 bonus boxes, 6 blisters, 24 pack box and at least 20 store bought loose packs and I still do not have a complete Magnet Set or all the Red/Pinks. I even had a tough time getting the base set together. It was getting so crazy I thought I'd pull a sketch before I pulled a Buzzerfinger!
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2011, 06:24:58 PM »

Dude, you have no idea how bad i want to post something here. All i've pulled so far is tumble weeds.

OK, i'm going to give this a try.

This is my first ever sketch pull besides my OS1&2 box openings.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2011, 06:59:01 PM »

Nice!  I have never pulled an ANS sketch.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Chowdah

« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2011, 03:08:55 AM »

I'm sort of confused on these sketch cards.  I pulled a Tom Bunk "Anvil" sketch the other day and I noticed that an identical card recently sold on Ebay.  Here is the Ebay link:  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120757848063#ht_500wt_1030

Here is my card: 

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2011, 03:42:58 AM »

Congrats!  That's a really nice sketch, I like it a lot.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2011, 05:30:09 AM »
I'm sort of confused on these sketch cards.  I pulled a Tom Bunk "Anvil" sketch the other day and I noticed that an identical card recently sold on Ebay.  Here is the Ebay link:  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120757848063#ht_500wt_1030

Here is my card: 

I don't think the artists did a unique sketch for each of they did.  Maybe one of the artists can chime in but I bet they did multiples of most of the characters they did.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2011, 09:27:23 AM »
I just received the last sketch I needed to get one from each artist.  Here they are!...........

Here is the order of the artists........... (corrected)

- T. Bunk
- N. Camera
- B. Engstrom
- M. Parisi
- J. Simko
- C. Walton
- F. Wheaton
- J. Zapata

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 05:59:05 AM by Dr Popper »

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2011, 11:03:24 AM »
Very Nice!

Online deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2011, 11:40:57 AM »
ALRIGHT NOW FILL IN THAT EMPTY SPOT.....................................ON THE DOUBLE
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2011, 01:48:46 PM »
Congrats!  That's a really nice sketch, I like it a lot.

Thanks, i really like it to. Was very surprised to pull it from a blister.

Offline Chowdah

« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2011, 03:25:52 PM »
I don't think the artists did a unique sketch for each of they did.  Maybe one of the artists can chime in but I bet they did multiples of most of the characters they did.

I'm just surprised that there would be multiples identical sketches when on the back of the card it says:  "Congratulations!  You know hold in your hands a one of a kind..." 

Is this a mistake?  Or is there a slight difference in the Ebay version of "Anvil" and the version I pulled the other day? 

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2011, 03:29:54 PM »
Rob, well done!  Seeing a set of ANS sketches is always super cool. Since we are estimating a total of 800 sketches for ANS 8 do you figure each artist did 100 or were some artists harder to come by than others?