Author Topic: Favorte Series 8 Wacky  (Read 7706 times)

Offline Crust

Favorte Series 8 Wacky
« on: July 28, 2011, 08:46:09 AM »
I figured I start this now. One of my personal favorites is #18 Ghoulfish. I really like the monster fish that's on it and think the zombie face on it.

Offline NEZHEAD42

Re: Favorte Series 8 Wacky
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 02:14:06 PM »
So far my fave is Rice Kreepies. I love the mushrooms and hand in the bowl. I also like Grenades and Ham. The tag line "I made bacon bits all by myself" cracks me the hell up. Peepsi is also a fave.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 03:29:09 PM »
I figured I start this now. One of my personal favorites is #18 Ghoulfish. I really like the monster fish that's on it and think the zombie face on it.

Thank you Crust for posting this thread, Too many favorites to choose this time around, This is a really great art set. I'd have to say Peepsi is definitely 1 of my choices, I like the eyeballs in the bottle.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »
There are a lot of cool ones in this series. It's too early for me to say what my favorite is. Frite Loops, Snob balls, Frothing flakes, Rice Kreepies and Clucky charms are my favorites right now. Anyone know ho the artists for these are?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 09:17:03 AM »
There are a lot of cool ones in this series. It's too early for me to say what my favorite is. Frite Loops, Snob balls, Frothing flakes, Rice Kreepies and Clucky charms are my favorites right now. Anyone know ho the artists for these are?

I need to go through and look at them closely, but my first reaction is that I really like this series.  I love titles like "Almond Jerk" that remind me of the simple vintage classics that made Wackys what they are! 

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »
there are some really great titles in this series, which had me cracking up! I think "I Can't Believe It's Big Brother" is my favorite!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 04:06:31 PM »
Skunkaroos! Because the skunk and the cookies nearly resemble Looney Tunes skunk Pepe Le Pew!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »
The artwork is really good on this series overall.

Trivial Lawsuit, Flunkables, Chef Boy U R Dum, Poo Poo Pets and Grenades and Ham are some of my favorites.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 08:40:30 AM »
LOL...I forgot about some of those great titles! 

Trivial Lawsuit
Grenades and Ham
Frisk Me
Chey Boy UR Dumb

Love 'em!

Offline Crust

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 08:55:45 AM »
One thing that's interesting with Trivial Lawsuit is that it looks like something from a fake add from MadMagazine. Being a fan of that, makes the card a whole lot cooler.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 11:19:57 PM »
One thing that's interesting with Trivial Lawsuit is that it looks like something from a fake add from MadMagazine. Being a fan of that, makes the card a whole lot cooler.

Yeah, I thought it had a familiar ring to it...  :great:

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 09:08:44 AM »
This is series is really starting to grow on me..  Here are some of my favorites.

Aquafish is probably my favorite.  Love the way the tube has the fish hook in the lid and the end of the tube is shaped like a fish tail.  Also love the little fish on the package.  Very clever design and appropriate gags.  Love it.

Curst is right to the point and the art is fantastic.

My daughter and I both really like Mentoads.  Was also very clever and like the little frog "hatching"  out of the candy.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 09:11:49 AM by HeadAndBoulders »

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 09:42:35 PM »
So far my fave is Rice Kreepies. I love the mushrooms and hand in the bowl. I also like Grenades and Ham. The tag line "I made bacon bits all by myself" cracks me the hell up. Peepsi is also a fave.
That line from Grenades and Ham got an audible laugh from me too!  I think that's my favorite so far...nice and simple gag reminds me of the OS.  Mr. Picasso Head and Rice-A-Groani got a laugh too.  Trivial Lawsuit is a great gag as well.  And I love the detail painting in Dr Pester.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 02:08:50 PM »

Does anyone know who painted Haughty Snob Balls? What a great title, one of my favorites!

Yootoo is interesting. Are those tiny replicating cells floating in the nutrient broth, I mean, the chocolate drink? I like how the fellow wanting to escape his Siamese twin is portrayed, his posture and his expression seem perfect. I am chuckling that cloning has nothing to do with conjoined twins, but that's OK, many kids are being taught Earth is 3000 years old and it probably doesn't affect the quality of their life. Well, not too much. And yes, I expect kids to put as much importance on Wacky Package accuracy as knowing the names of the US presidents  :^)

My father-in-law refused to eat rice as an adult because he grew up poor and had to eat it frequently as a kid. He passed away about 2 years ago and would appreciate this Wacky a lot.

[expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/SnobBalls.jpg[/expando]  [expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/Youtoo.jpg[/expando]  [expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/RiceAGroani.jpg[/expando]

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »
Does anyone know who painted Haughty Snob Balls? What a great title, one of my favorites!

Yootoo is interesting. Are those tiny replicating cells floating in the nutrient broth, I mean, the chocolate drink? I like how the fellow wanting to escape his Siamese twin is portrayed, his posture and his expression seem perfect. I am chuckling that cloning has nothing to do with conjoined twins, but that's OK, many kids are being taught Earth is 3000 years old and it probably doesn't affect the quality of their life. Well, not too much. And yes, I expect kids to put as much importance on Wacky Package accuracy as knowing the names of the US presidents  :^)

My father-in-law refused to eat rice as an adult because he grew up poor and had to eat it frequently as a kid. He passed away about 2 years ago and would appreciate this Wacky a lot.

[expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/SnobBalls.jpg[/expando]  [expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/Youtoo.jpg[/expando]  [expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/RiceAGroani.jpg[/expando]

I like the almost Dr. Suess look of the Snoballs. Just to show how interpretations can vary, I took the YooToo art to depict that using the product causes a clone to grow from the consumer until completely formed.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 04:42:58 PM »
I like the almost Dr. Suess look of the Snoballs. Just to show how interpretations can vary, I took the YooToo art to depict that using the product causes a clone to grow from the consumer until completely formed.

Of course you are correct about Yoo-Too. That's a clone forming. It's Dave Gross's concept and painting and it's a very clever title.

I love the tag line on Snob Balls: "They taste superior because they're full of themselves."

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 07:01:51 PM »
Livid Plumber is very cool, although the product parody has been already done, this one is cool because it harkens back to the Original Series jokes that are somewhat true about the product itself. I can see a plumber getting so mad at the clog that he freaks out and screams at it !!! Along the same lines as Easy Cough, Liptorn, Mess Claroil, etc.

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 08:18:08 PM »
My son who is 7 did not know the meaning of LIVID so the joke was lost with him until I explained what the word meant. He thought it was someone screaming but maybe the word has not come up for him to use- Until now, when he will use it when I don't see his homework done :]

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 08:24:11 PM »
My son who is 7 did not know the meaning of LIVID so the joke was lost with him until I explained what the word meant. He thought it was someone screaming but maybe the word has not come up for him to use- Until now, when he will use it when I don't see his homework done :]

Funny you say that because on the ANS8 Roughs thread I wrote:
"When I did this rough, I was worried kids might not know what 'Livid' means."
But now yours does. Cool!

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 11:13:13 PM »
Just to show how interpretations can vary, I took the YooToo art to depict that using the product causes a clone to grow from the consumer until completely formed.

Yes, that makes sense. I’m not sure what point I was trying to make, I now doubt I had one, lol ... maybe I should have mentioned global warming? I slipped into obfuscation mode, a pathological pastime of mine. The title does remind me of Chang and Eng, the famous conjoined twins. I wonder if kids these days know about them.

“Non carbonated copy” - the memory of carbon paper and mimeograph machines, those were the days       :icon_flower:

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 05:06:25 AM »

Thank you Crust for posting this thread, Too many favorites to choose this time around, This is a really great art set. I'd have to say Peepsi is definitely 1 of my choices, I like the eyeballs in the bottle.

Think this might be the best ANS set yet, in terms of the high ratio of quality titles.  An abundance of kiddie products and very familiar products overall definitely helps.  And I have no problem with multiple spoofs of the same product (i.e., Dunkin Donuts), which, in this case, are both excellent.  Hey, if a product name lends itself to a number of good spoof possibilities, why not?  And I agree with Mark on Peepsi.  Having missed out on the Reesee's Peepers promo card, I'm happy to see a similar eyeball concept used here.

Offline Mashbox

• Drive Yourself Buggy
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 08:09:48 PM »
I'll add to what has been said about Grenades and Ham... the line "I made bacon bits all by myself" just cracked me up! Really adds to the gag.

Chef Boy UR Dum harkens back to the original series in which the gag is intended to poke fun at the product and hit below the belt.

I also liked Snob Balls... liked the gag and it's painted very well.